(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi experienced mummies.. i feel v bloated towards e end of e day. Isit ok to rub ji xiang ru yi oil or better not?

Stay away from fried and spicy food. I know that I can't take food that is cooked with garlic so I stay away from them. Try to monitor food which will upset your stomach. You can drink some ginger tea or stuff with mint to tackle the indigestion.

My breakfast is milo with 1 honey chicken bun. I eat lunch normally like mixed vegetables with porridge or stuff with soup. Night time, I will eat yong tau hu with bee hoon. Stuff which is really bland but go easy on the stomach. I also eat some fruit that I know I can stomach such as green apple, papaya and guava and occasionally will eat watermelon too but not too often.

There is one time, I eat kway chap and didn't feel so good, so I stay away. Listen to your body signals. Everyone is different.

I do eat McDonald like McChicken w/o mayonnaises with corn and fresh milk, stuff which I can stomach in the night.

@xtb, your bedrest sounds really drastic! May I know more in detail abt your condition that warranted such measures by your gynae? My gynae only issued HL without specific instructions on bedrest. And i think my bleeding can be considered heavy already!

Stay away from fried and spicy food. I know that I can't take food that is cooked with garlic so I stay away from them. Try to monitor food which will upset your stomach. You can drink some ginger tea or stuff with mint to tackle the indigestion.

My breakfast is milo with 1 honey chicken bun. I eat lunch normally like mixed vegetables with porridge or stuff with soup. Night time, I will eat yong tau hu with bee hoon. Stuff which is really bland but go easy on the stomach. I also eat some fruit that I know I can stomach such as green apple, papaya and guava and occasionally will eat watermelon too but not too often.

There is one time, I eat kway chap and didn't feel so good, so I stay away. Listen to your body signals. Everyone is different.

I do eat McDonald like McChicken w/o mayonnaises with corn and fresh milk, stuff which I can stomach in the night.
Tks for ur advice! Actually i eat v light too, and cos of bad appetite i only eat half or less the full portion but like 6-8 times a day. End of day still will bloat. So ginger tea is safe to drink ya?

I can't eat one full meal. Need to break down into at least 5 meals a day cos I get hungry every two hours. If don't eat I feel nausea. After eating also feel terrible. I also try eating bland food and those easy to digest. But it's no fun cos I will think about having fried chicken!

I can't eat one full meal. Need to break down into at least 5 meals a day cos I get hungry every two hours. If don't eat I feel nausea. After eating also feel terrible. I also try eating bland food and those easy to digest. But it's no fun cos I will think about having fried chicken!

Yah. It really not fun to eat bland food all the time and like you I carve for KFC fried chicken and pizza too but can't eat now.
LOL. :p

Tks for ur advice! Actually i eat v light too, and cos of bad appetite i only eat half or less the full portion but like 6-8 times a day. End of day still will bloat. So ginger tea is safe to drink ya?

I don't like ginger so I don't drink them. But this is what I find on the web. You might like to try it. But everything in moderation ya.

Ginger Tea
Eases nausea (goodbye, morning sickness!), aids the digestion process and relieves stomach issues . “Just add four or five slices of fresh ginger root to a cup of freshly boiled water.

You may wish to add a little lemon or honey to the tea -- many women find lemon also helps to reduce nausea, and the honey can improve the taste and may also soothe your stomach.

Just don't buy off the shelf ginger tea, don't know what ingredients is put inside. Best make it yourself.

Does any mummies in this forum drink ginger tea? Have any recommendations?

I don't like ginger so I don't drink them. But this is what I find on the web. You might like to try it. But everything in moderation ya.

Ginger Tea
Eases nausea (goodbye, morning sickness!), aids the digestion process and relieves stomach issues . “Just add four or five slices of fresh ginger root to a cup of freshly boiled water.

You may wish to add a little lemon or honey to the tea -- many women find lemon also helps to reduce nausea, and the honey can improve the taste and may also soothe your stomach.

Just don't buy off the shelf ginger tea, don't know what ingredients is put inside. Best make it yourself.

I can't take ginger as instructed by my tcm doc as my body is heaty type. He just asked to put a hot pack on top of my belly for 20mins and it will help relieve the gas. I haven't try it mostly I just try walking around and it helps to release all the air but those nearby me not so happy la hahaha

Opps y cannot eat pizza and kfc ah? I just had pizza on wed and kfc last night...oh no! Pizza is bcos of the cheese? I ate pizza hut, so thought their cheese shld be ok. But why kfc also ah?

Ginger Tea

Ok thks! :)

@sleepawhile. I don't think I was bleeding a lot. But I think my gynae was the conservative kind, so although spotting is common, he just want me to rest to make sure the pregnancy stabilise. It doesnt help thatbi had really bad MS on some days which makes me vomit at anything that goes into my mouth, even a sip of water. And the vomitting caused my tummy to contract and expel bleed. I was also on weekly progesterone jabs.

I did experience m/s for all my 4 pregnancies and I too felt like you really hated it. I couldn't stomach some of the food I have eaten and I vomited it out. If I did eat something agreeable, indigestion would set in and I would felt very terrible. This only getting slightly better in my 2nd tri, but I did not have really good appetite throughout my whole pregnancy, that is why I only put on 12kg for my 1st which I really force myself to eat and 8kg for the other 3. I had it worst while having my 4th.

I remembered for my 4th that I could only tolerate McDonald cheese burger. LOL.

Somehow, this pregnancy, even though I have m/s, it is not so bad as compare to previous pregnancies. I did not vomit at all. See how it goes for the next few weeks. Hope it maintain this way.

I have not vomitted yet even though I get very nauseous to the point that I keep gagging if I'm hungry and lost all appetite for food. And everyday reach 5pm the "morning" sickness sets in and I get very sick, just want to lie in bed by 7pm.

Thing is I want to try ginger tea but I have a very heaty body and often fall sick or nose bleed if I don't cool myself down. Now that I can't drink liang stuff, I also don't dare touch ginger tea. Sigh dilemma!

Ginger Tea

I'm a fan of ginger tea! sometimes I will boil a few pieces of raw ginger and drink it as it is. when that is not an option, I brew this Morning Wellness Tea by Earth Mama Angel Baby (http://www.iherb.com/Earth-Mama-Ang...S&w=earth mama angel baby&rc=33&sr=null&ic=30) Just get from iherb. :)

Sounds like spotting is common and normal yet something everyone seem to be concerned about.

As for nausea, is it a sure have during pregnancy?

BubsandBloms, not everyone will have nausea.. I had very mild nausea for #1 and #2, so was naturally expecting it to be the same this time. but it is worse instead. a friend of mine had ZERO nausea. she didn't even know she was pregnant till she was like late 1st tri.

My gynae also didn't specifically gave instruction on the bedrest. But says try not to walk around too much or carry my toddler. The spotting is not heavy. Hopefully will go away soon.

BubsandBloms, not everyone will have nausea.. I had very mild nausea for #1 and #2, so was naturally expecting it to be the same this time. but it is worse instead. a friend of mine had ZERO nausea. she didn't even know she was pregnant till she was like late 1st tri.

I ser. Thanks for sharing. Really appreciate it. Anyone of you still having cramps?

mummies. just came bk from my gynae visit. did the scan and is measured at 7 wks 5 days old but i am 8 wks 3 days old. the baby heart beat is fine and we can hear the amazing heartbeart. other than that, i m suffering from the usual M/S. bloated, no appetitie but feel hungry at all times. tired easily.

anyone same as me? the baby is smaller than the calculated size? the gynae assure me that everything is fine and the baby will be able to catch up in size once i overcome the M/S. i lost interest in eating protein stuff too. meat ..etc.

newbiemum80, I experienced this too! based on my own calculations, I should be around 7 weeks++ along that time but scan showed only 6 weeks++. gynae said this is normal as baby is still so small, everything is based on estimation. then the next time I saw him, the gestation age was more accurate, only off by 1 day. so don't worry, as long as the heartbeat stays strong. :)

newbiemum80, I experienced this too! based on my own calculations, I should be around 7 weeks++ along that time but scan showed only 6 weeks++. gynae said this is normal as baby is still so small, everything is based on estimation. then the next time I saw him, the gestation age was more accurate, only off by 1 day. so don't worry, as long as the heartbeat stays strong. :)
mine is opp. the first time is very accurate but the second time, it is off by 5 days so i m quite worried le. but i dont feel like eating meat le. chicken, pork, fish puts me off now. i even lost interest in my fav beef

I also ate KFC few days ago
Why can't eat ?

I feel so sick
Want to vomit but nth comes out :(
No appetite too
It is ok to eat if you have the appetite but I couldn't stomach heavy food as I get very bad indigestion so I try to avoid fried stuff, spicy etc basically just eat bland boring food :(

9 weeks now and I don't feel anything now. Except feeling tired.. Feeling pretty insecure.. Dunno if bb is growing well or not..

I'm not staying with my parents anymore but I'm still In contact with my mom. I guess she will help me when I need her. But I don't want to burden her either

My boyfriend ? He is totally choosin abortion for the child and that is why I'm not willing to let him pay a single cent for the baby
I don't want him to feel the baby owe him anything .

Am I making the wrong decisions ?
You are very brave.. Try to get more support from family and friends around you.. That will tide you thru..

9 weeks now and I don't feel anything now. Except feeling tired.. Feeling pretty insecure.. Dunno if bb is growing well or not..
Don't worry to much. Keep yourself occupied and think happy tots yeah!
For me, my ms so bad I just want to sleep all the time so that time passes by quickly

mummies. just came bk from my gynae visit. did the scan and is measured at 7 wks 5 days old but i am 8 wks 3 days old. the baby heart beat is fine and we can hear the amazing heartbeart. other than that, i m suffering from the usual M/S. bloated, no appetitie but feel hungry at all times. tired easily.

anyone same as me? the baby is smaller than the calculated size? the gynae assure me that everything is fine and the baby will be able to catch up in size once i overcome the M/S. i lost interest in eating protein stuff too. meat ..etc.
Yes mine too. Bb measuring at 8wks but I should be 9wks. Doc said it is ok coz sometimes plus minus don't worry too much

Hey mummies! Haven't visited this thread for 2 weeks & it has moved so fast!
Am 9w1d and went for scan today. Can see bb's limbs already! During the scan, I saw bb moved! The feeling is really amazing!
My bleeding has already stopped because the placenta has moved upwards and not sitting on my cervix anymore.
3 more weeks to the end of 1st trimester. Really can't wait for it to be over :)

Am 9w1d and went for scan today. Can see bb's limbs already! During the scan, I saw bb moved! The feeling is really amazing!
My bleeding has already stopped because the placenta has moved upwards and not sitting on my cervix anymore.
3 more weeks to the end of 1st trimester. Really can't wait for it to be over :)
Babygaga, indeed v exciting and amazing journey!

Great news! Did your dr say u can come off HL?

Don't worry to much. Keep yourself occupied and think happy tots yeah!
For me, my ms so bad I just want to sleep all the time so that time passes by quickly
Have ms is terrible I know.. But no ms is also making me freaked out.. Very busy to think in office.. Only when night comes, then I start to have silly tots..

So exciting.. I'm soooo looking forward to my 10 week scan.. Hopefully can see a more complete bb with limbs.. Great that your bleeding has stopped.. Now can relax a bit..

Babygaga, that's great news! 9 weeks beanie is really cute! can see tiny limbs moving. glad to know too that placenta has moved up. :)

my next gynae visit is such a long way away. nearly 3 weeks! wait till neck long long.

momocrv & booy, yea really exciting! 2 weeks ago I only saw a little lump but now the head, body & limbs are more visible!

mommycoccyx, doc didn't ask me to continue bed rest. Anyway, I'm already back to work since beginning of this week.

starrymommy & bubbleslovebubbly, my next appt is also 3 weeks later. Asked doc 2 weeks can or not, she said no. Aiyo, 3 weeks feels like 3 months leh. I feel insecure without seeing bb.

momocrv & booy, yea really exciting! 2 weeks ago I only saw a little lump but now the head, body & limbs are more visible!

mommycoccyx, doc didn't ask me to continue bed rest. Anyway, I'm already back to work since beginning of this week.

starrymommy & bubbleslovebubbly, my next appt is also 3 weeks later. Asked doc 2 weeks can or not, she said no. Aiyo, 3 weeks feels like 3 months leh. I feel insecure without seeing bb.

Ttz good! My gynae also gave me green light to go back to work! The HL was such an agony! I just hope my MS better soon too...My spotting has also stopped. :) pray it never comes back! At least your appt is in 3 weeks, mine is 4 weeks! I will be 14 weeks then! I have a mind of getting a scan 2 weeks later just to have a peace of mind too haha.... But these few days seems to be able to see a tiny baby bump already so pray bb will continue to grow well!!

Jia you!!

Good for you mommycoccyx! Glad your spotting has stopped too. Actually I enjoyed the HL, at least can work in peace from home. But because I was away for quite a number of days, my colleagues are starting to gossip and asking my team whether I'm pregnant. When I went back to office this week, I noticed they keep staring at my tummy. Lol

I also nowadays dun really take in much apptms. Oh btw i do homebased nails. :) so got alot time to rest cos i control own schedule. Quite lucky in that sense. Dun really wana do pedicures also cos quite uncomfy to squat dwn too long plus some cust's legs r heavy!

Hi all, I m new here not sure abt my edd but tuesday is suppose to be 6weeks of pregnancy. I need some advice as this is my first. I started to feel the nauseating n vomiting a couple days ago.... it was really terrible. Tried taking smaller meals but still throw out. Feels really upset cuz I was hoping tht I dun get morning sickness.
I have an event that I have to go receive some certificate in a few days time n I m worried. Dunnk how to handle that vomit n nausea plus constant hunger if I have to sit in the auditorium for 2 hrs or so .... worse part I dunno if I will throw up on my presenter... :( ... any tips or do u think my gynae can prescribe some med to ease the nauseous feel? Greatly appreciate any kind advices.

Hi all, I m new here not sure abt my edd but tuesday is suppose to be 6weeks of pregnancy. I need some advice as this is my first. I started to feel the nauseating n vomiting a couple days ago.... it was really terrible. Tried taking smaller meals but still throw out. Feels really upset cuz I was hoping tht I dun get morning sickness.
I have an event that I have to go receive some certificate in a few days time n I m worried. Dunnk how to handle that vomit n nausea plus constant hunger if I have to sit in the auditorium for 2 hrs or so .... worse part I dunno if I will throw up on my presenter... :( ... any tips or do u think my gynae can prescribe some med to ease the nauseous feel? Greatly appreciate any kind advices.
U can go see a gynae for some medication. I did ask for it but the gynae say it will make me really more sleepy so I din take in the end

@starrymommy, @bubbleslovebubbly, @Babygaga, I am the opposite. Last time doc asked me to see within 1 week, when the appointment nearer I called nurse to see if I can cancel coz I feel I am alright and no need to see him in that short time. But doctor said better to check and see due to my medical history. Then after check, doctor said I am ok, so if I do not want to see him in too closed time, then he support me and asked me to see him in the next 3 weeks. Now, I am waiting for 3 weeks like crazy. hahaha......

Back