IVF/ICSI Support Group

Kkh n Thomson said normally need to find people who we know and the person willing to go through stimulating process n ER

Kymkym sorry to hear about ur 16 eggs loss but still u have 1. Hope for that 1. If that doesn't work then try to change hospital or doctor so that they can plan better for good egg quality. try ur best with ur own eggs. I can feel u how desperately u want to have baby bcz i also feel the same like u. don't worry god will help u. If I could I wish to donate eggs to u but unfortunately my egg quality is also bad. 1st ivf failed and waiting to start 2nd one. Don't be in hurry think and plan wise. All the best

Anamika97, thanks. Which hospital are u in? Is not that I dun have faith with kkh but they have too mny rules n not daring to try n this slow down process.

Kymkym U must rest for at least 2 months to let ur ovaries to recover. It's better to change hospital as per my view in private more care.

I read in this forum recently a sister with Prof wong under nuh had a good quality of embryos after changing medicine dosage (she with pcos). So this 2 months u research more and take a wise decision before u proceed.

Kymkym U must rest for at least 2 months to let ur ovaries to recover. It's better to change hospital as per my view in private more care.

I read in this forum recently a sister with Prof wong under nuh had a good quality of embryos after changing medicine dosage (she with pcos). So this 2 months u research more and take a wise decision before u proceed.

Anamika97, thanks. Which hospital are u in? Is not that I dun have faith with kkh but they have too mny rules n not daring to try n this slow down process.

I am with kkh under sadhana. When I failed my first I also thought to change hospital. But after talking to sadhana I felt so assured and changed my mind to stick with her for this cycle.

yes kkh very standard procedure and many rules. Better with private hospitals.

Kkh said to add 'growth' medical together with stimulating med in next cycle. Ie I need to do 2-3 jets Daily. I m wondering is that work for egg quality.

For me too sadhana suggested the same thing. They will add saizen growth harmon injection it will not increase egg quality but growth of eggs will be fast.

I have pcos. They retrieved 19 eggs from me. 9 made to day 3. But when they tried to culture to 5 day for my FET none of them make it.

So sadhana told may be if less eggs good quality.

[QUOT.E="connie_hopeful, post: 7476439, member: 162641"]U try sgh care if u are looking into egg donar. I ever saw a lady filling in a form to donate her eggs 2 yrs ago when i was with care for initial consultation[/QUOTE]
Thank. Will call them tomm. They closed at 5.
U try sgh care if u are looking into egg donar. I ever saw a lady filling in a form to donate her eggs 2 yrs ago when i was with care for initial consultation

[QUOT.E="connie_hopeful, post: 7476439, member: 162641"]U try sgh care if u are looking into egg donar. I ever saw a lady filling in a form to donate her eggs 2 yrs ago when i was with care for initial consultation
Thank. Will call them tomm. They closed at 5.[/QUOTE]

no problem, but i think maybi u should give yr own egg another chance. See if dr yu from sgh can help u with yr own eggs if u going sgh. All e best.

Kymkym, i agree with connie. You produced 17 eggs. If doc can reduce egg quantity, you may have better quality eggs, seriously. Give your self a chance.

Hi Ladies, anyone can advise whether I should visit Dr Zou or Dr TSB? What is the difference in their treatment methods and what are their charges like? Would appreciate all the info you can give me. Thanks in advance :)

@littlems, I don't go to Dr Zou but I can tell you a bit about TSB. TSB does not do acupuncture, unlike Dr Zou. She prescribes TCM medicine to be boiled for drinking, and according to the sisters here, so does Dr Zou. If I remember correctly, TSB charges about $30+ for 1st consultation and $20+ for subsequent consultations. The medicine is expensive; mine usually costs about $90+ for 5 - 6 packs. Lastly, TSB does not believe in acupuncture so if you visit Dr Zou as well, don't let TSB know or else may kena scolding!

Kkh said to add 'growth' medical together with stimulating med in next cycle. Ie I need to do 2-3 jets Daily. I m wondering is that work for egg quality.

@kymkym, it looks like you still have hope with your eggs since KKH has a plan for you to increase your chances for your next cycle! I'm no doctor but it looks to me like KKH will try to do something to make your eggs more mature before ER.

I may be wrong, but I always have the general impression that it is easier to get a donor embryo than a donor egg, simply because of all the frozen embryos from IVFs. Maybe you can ask around for IVF couples who have more frozen embryos than they are able to transfer; they are most likely to donate their frozen embryos since it is minimal cost to them. As for donor eggs, I have read that many SG women go to Thailand to "buy" donor eggs, but I don't know the process or how difficult it is right now (as Thailand is clamping down on commercial surrogacy so not sure if it may affect egg donation practices).

Having said that, if I were you, I would take the chance with KKH's "growth" medicine and extra jabs, although donor eggs/embryos can be a back-up plan. All the best to you!

My EF failed, out of 17eggs only one turn emybo and the quality is bad. Kkh is monitoring n to see whether ok to transfer, chances slim. If to restart need to wait till jan. Called Thomson fertility to check if they have any eggs donors but ans is :(.I m thinking should I transfer to Thomson so that I can start cycle asap. But wori kkh not reveal my med reports n sperms to them.

Kym don't give up, I think u shld try with ur own egg.. Give dr n urself one more chance. Make full use of this few mths to tiao ur body first. Maybe u can try to do some yoga or fitness. I read saying that by doing some exercise can help in our overall well-being.

If u really want ur report from Kkh and change to pte u can ask from them to print out for u.

I mean where can I find eggs donors. Cos if I will to do a new cycle, I need to take more jets n the results may not be good.

Kymkym,

Is this your first ivf? If yes then you should give it one or two more tries. Many ladies did few times before they succeed and some with low reserve meaning they only retrieve one or two eggs but yet they BFP. So all is not lost. As for egg donor, singapore do not have it. The egg banks are empty and no one will be willing to donate eggs without monetary compensation. You cannot pay donor money as it is illegal in Singapore, you cannot buy their eggs. This is the reason why hospital or Drs want you to bring in your sister or friends who are willing to donate for you. If you are still keen in donor, you can always do it in Malaysia. Some of the clinic like Tropicana Medical Centre, Metro IVF and Sunfert have egg donor programs. It is not far away from Singapore, you just need to call them, make appt to see dr and select the donor, pay deposit. Once donor start her cycle, you have to pay the balance amount. Hope this helps.

For me too sadhana suggested the same thing. They will add saizen growth harmon injection it will not increase egg quality but growth of eggs will be fast.

I have pcos. They retrieved 19 eggs from me. 9 made to day 3. But when they tried to culture to 5 day for my FET none of them make it.

So sadhana told may be if less eggs good quality.

anamika87, I know there are many debates on whether day 3 or day 5 is better. Do you want to consider putting in your embryos earlier and maybe what cannot survive in the lab can survive in your womb. You never know. If not, you can try suggesting freeze half and half try for blasto.

My EF failed, out of 17eggs only one turn emybo and the quality is bad. Kkh is monitoring n to see whether ok to transfer, chances slim. If to restart need to wait till jan. Called Thomson fertility to check if they have any eggs donors but ans is :(.I m thinking should I transfer to Thomson so that I can start cycle asap. But wori kkh not reveal my med reports n sperms to them.

You can request your report from Nurse. They will give you a copy but I am not sure if there are any charges. It is your own report so you have the right to fight for it. Anyway all public hospital medical are link to each other so if you go NUH or SGH, they should be able to retrieve your report.

Babysteps fret not friend on being symptomless. I also did not have any symptom when bfp... it happens...all the best for tomorrow. Jiayou :)

Just got my BT result on hormones level to start ivf but it shows my FSH is under the low category... My gynae says he will give me higher dosage for stim jabs once my AF comes next month. He mentioned about short cycle which i dont understand... He called me so i didnt ask much as i do not want to hold up his time. He say he will fill me in with more info when i see him in Oct.
Short protocol means no down regulation the month before (eg the lucrin, suprafect jab taken around cd21 of the month before month of ER). Short protocols work perfectly well for some ladies, and it is usually recommended for the ones w lower hormonal levels as some times thw down regulation (which is to "quieten" the hormones to prepare for the body to react to the stimulation jabs) causes some ladies to react poorly to stims, ie, over suppressed. You go straight to stim at d2 or d3 of ivf cycle month.

You can request for your medical report. Just need to write in to their medical report centre (can call kkh to check as I can't remember the actual dept name). It's free unless you need other detail reports then have to pay.

Kymkym,

Thomson's lab will be closed in Dec as well do go and see the doctor there no harm for a second opinion. Prof SC Ng at Sincere is very good too, one of the early pioneer of IVF in Singapore. Worth a consult before you do down the route.

Re. 16 eggs only 1 embbie.

1. Is it male factor or female factor i fertility? Or just age?
2. How old are you?
3. You did icsi or ivf?
4. Out of the 17 eggs retrieved, how many was matured?
5. How many fertilised on ET day? How many cleaved (divided) overnight at d1 but arrested (stopped growing)? And then didnt make itnto d2?
6. Do you eat healthy? Exercise? Lots of veg? Cut down on coffee tea etc? Those things help egg quality alot too.
7. If you have 17 eggs but quality issue, do speak to a few professionals on donor eggs..
8. IVF doesn't always work the first tine. You sound like you are running out of time, or you are pretty sure the egg quality issue cannot be fixed... but if you can, consider a few more tries. I know of many sisters here who BFP with 1 embbie transferred due to the rest didnt make it as well.
9. Speak to doctor abt PGD when you visit him/her.
10. Am glad you are not giving up. donor eggs is definitely a viable solution just a bit more difficult to find in Singapore - as one of the sisters mentioned, there are embryos which some ladies donate.. usually these are the ones who strike with a few kids and still hv good ones left.

Good luck and jia you

When is suitable for me to start new cycle if I will to switch to thomson or should I continue with kkh in jan?
Have you done your BFN review with KKh? If you want to statt with another centre immediately, my suggestion is go get all your medical reports and sperm analysis. I am not from KKH but i know many sisters hv shared how to get the info. But even if you cannot get them in time, why dont you just go ahead and make an appmt with the new centre to discuss next steps, what the doctor suggests for you, and things like when to come back for BT and start meds etc. No point thinking more if you are sure you want to do another cycle immediately.

However, as most sisters here said, and you may already know this so sorry i sound loh-soh :).. our ovaries for this month is determined 3 month ago. Whatever you did 3 months ago will show in the egg quality
Conversely, that is why when we ask ladies to change their lifestyles (eating sleeping drinking exercising) and trying tcm to at least give it 3 months.

If you hv no time then no choice, but sometimes with IVF another month or two is worth the wait. The mind clears up too to fight again positively...

Hi all, am back! Just saw Dr Tan HH on tue to review the hysterescopy I have done earlier in the month. He removed some slimy adhesion and I am good to start my 2nd ivf fresh. Suppose to do in Nov but just received a call fr kkivf today that the lab will be closed from 18 dec to 4 jan so the long protocol that I am supposed to do can't proceed. Can only start injection in dec and ER and ET in jan. As my case is a little complicated, Dr Tan HH indicated in the ivf file that he will monitor my case on his own. This will be my final try.. Hopefully this will work out well!

Sisters with KKIVF, can you help?

For FET must do d2 blood tests? Or any calendar day possible for the compulsory 6 month validity blood test? Previous BT had lapsed. Asking on behalf

What is D2?

Not sure if you're referring the same but I just did the set of blood test as my last has expired (6months validity). Hubby also has to do. It's to be drawn a week before Af.

Hi all, am back! Just saw Dr Tan HH on tue to review the hysterescopy I have done earlier in the month. He removed some slimy adhesion and I am good to start my 2nd ivf fresh. Suppose to do in Nov but just received a call fr kkivf today that the lab will be closed from 18 dec to 4 jan so the long protocol that I am supposed to do can't proceed. Can only start injection in dec and ER and ET in jan. As my case is a little complicated, Dr Tan HH indicated in the ivf file that he will monitor my case on his own. This will be my final try.. Hopefully this will work out well!

this is é 1st time i hear thh monitor é downregulatñ / stimulatñ on his own... prep well in é meanwhile till dec! lucks!

What is D2?

Not sure if you're referring the same but I just did the set of blood test as my last has expired (6months validity). Hubby also has to do. It's to be drawn a week before Af.
@redvel, was it dr who reminded u for the blood tests? Mine should hv expired too but was not requested to do it again.

Then you're lucky as both our tests cost 200 plus again. Haha.

Yes during the post review after my 2nd fresh my doc said we must do or else the FET can't proceed. Expired.

I Hope so too. I'd better check with dr when I see him 2 weeks time. If later they tell me cannot proceed I will be so pissed!

this is é 1st time i hear thh monitor é downregulatñ / stimulatñ on his own... prep well in é meanwhile till dec! lucks!

Hi joy, yah was surprise as well but becos my first cycle came out with too few eggs for retrieval and all are immature. So he has to let my follicles grow slightly more than the usual size before ER but must make sure the eggs don't over mature. I guess still down to luck and fate Liao. Also worry if stim slightly longer all become mature eggs, then that's it..

Have you done your BFN review with KKh? If you want to statt with another centre immediately, my suggestion is go get all your medical reports and sperm analysis. I am not from KKH but i know many sisters hv shared how to get the info. But even if you cannot get them in time, why dont you just go ahead and make an appmt with the new centre to discuss next steps, what the doctor suggests for you, and things like when to come back for BT and start meds etc. No point thinking more if you are sure you want to do another cycle immediately.

However, as most sisters here said, and you may already know this so sorry i sound loh-soh :).. our ovaries for this month is determined 3 month ago. Whatever you did 3 months ago will show in the egg quality
Conversely, that is why when we ask ladies to change their lifestyles (eating sleeping drinking exercising) and trying tcm to at least give it 3 months.

If you hv no time then no choice, but sometimes with IVF another month or two is worth the wait. The mind clears up too to fight again positively...
Hiaz...I have been seeing tcm n take folic acid in past one n half yrs. dr said very rare for me to have 17eggs for my age.

Last edited:
Kymkym,

Thomson's lab will be closed in Dec as well do go and see the doctor there no harm for a second opinion. Prof SC Ng at Sincere is very good too, one of the early pioneer of IVF in Singapore. Worth a consult before you do down the route.

2. How old are you?
3. You did icsi or ivf?
5. How many fertilised on ET day? How many cleaved (divided) overnight at d1 but arrested (stopped growing)? And then didnt make itnto d2?
6. Do you eat healthy? Exercise? Lots of veg? Cut down on coffee tea etc? Those things help egg quality alot too.
7. If you have 17 eggs but quality issue, do speak to a few professionals on donor eggs..
8. IVF doesn't always work the first tine. You sound like you are running out of time, or you are pretty sure the egg quality issue cannot be fixed... but if you can, consider a few more tries. I know of many sisters here who BFP with 1 embbie transferred due to the rest didnt make it as well.
10. Am glad you are not giving up. donor eggs is definitely a viable solution just a bit more difficult to find in Singapore - as one of the sisters mentioned, there are embryos which some ladies donate.. usually these are the ones who strike with a few kids and still hv good ones left.

Good luck and jia you
Kymkym,
I m 41 yrs old. The only embryo go straight to d3 after fertilised n now shows sign of slow down. Hence kk is monitoring.

2. How old are you?
3. You did icsi or ivf?

Good luck and jia you

UOTE="connie_hopeful, post: 7477616, member: 162641"]So wat did sgh care says?have donar eggs ma?i dunno if e lady i saw 2 yrs ago filling e form is it rare kind.[/QUOTE]
Just called. They dun have any. Either need to go for someone we know or try overseas.like wat others said

UOTE="connie_hopeful, post: 7477616, member: 162641"]So wat did sgh care says?have donar eggs ma?i dunno if e lady i saw 2 yrs ago filling e form is it rare kind.
Just called. They dun have any. Either need to go for someone we know or try overseas.like wat others said[/QUOTE]
Oic..sorry abt that..then i must have seen e form wrongly 2 yrs ago or maybi she is there donating her eggs to someone she knows

Hi joy, yah was surprise as well but becos my first cycle came out with too few eggs for retrieval and all are immature. So he has to let my follicles grow slightly more than the usual size before ER but must make sure the eggs don't over mature. I guess still down to luck and fate Liao. Also worry if stim slightly longer all become mature eggs, then that's it..

jus try all é options, good luck!

Hi ladies..

No baby dust frm me..

After being in and out for this forum for almost 2 years.. I think this time is really goodbye from me..
Done 3 fresh cycles, no frozen embies..

Wonder if I will ever get to be a mum..

All the best to you ladies and wish u all a BFP soon!

[QUO. .TE="babystepsrainbow, post: 7477973, member: 111657"]Hi ladies..

No baby dust frm me..

After being in and out for this forum for almost 2 years.. I think this time is really goodbye from me..

All the best to you ladies and wish u all a BFP soon![/QUOTE]
Sigh....will u consider adoption?

Hi ladies..

No baby dust frm me..

All the best to you ladies and wish u all a BFP soon!

I feel u...but we are all waiting for miracles to happen always...

I know it is easy to say dont give up, but if you are not trying again, adoption is always another option?

We'll probably try natural.. Dr mentioned we are capable of conceiving naturally just lower probability cos I have pcos and Hubby got sperm issues.. But we are both only 31.. Wanted to catch on the ivf wagon cos earlier means higher chances but also didnt work.. Think will just see how it goes..

Havent had conversation on adoption yet.. But we'll see how it goes.. I heard the feed for adoption is very high in SG..

We'll probably try natural.. Dr mentioned we are capable of conceiving naturally just lower probability cos I have pcos and Hubby got sperm issues.. But we are both only 31.. Wanted to catch on the ivf wagon cos earlier means higher chances but also didnt work.. Think will just see how it goes..

Havent had conversation on adoption yet.. But we'll see how it goes.. I heard the feed for adoption is very high in SG..

At least not all is lost then...good luck to you...hope a miracle happens to you soon

I have a friend who conceived after her first ivf cycle, naturally. She says we are very fertile after. You may just want to try harder during this period then :)

Babystep do you believe in miracles? We have heard many miraculous stories and i hope you will have the faith that it may happen to us. Ending ivf is not the end of everything. Eat well and exercise for a change. The rest god will have plans for us. Keep positive thoughts :)

Back