IVF/ICSI Support Group

Whmc we shall live by the motto hope for the best, prepare for the worst. And anything is possible now till the BT result is out.

Endo scatch is a short procedure done after ovulation. Doc does some scrapping of your lining. It is supposed to help implantation.

No effect on me though. But it's supposedly be able to last few months (so I read) so I hope it will help in my coming fet.

Thanks all!

redvel, at least i am comforted by the fact that i have quite a number of frozen embryos, so not losing all hope. :)

Hi straw1, I went back to work straight after FET as too have many things to clear. Did not used up any of the hospitalization leave given...fingers cross that this is not the reason for not successful. BT only on next thurs. Guess it's individual preference...
Tzac wish you luck on the bt. Really hope to get a good news from you

during the briefing, the doc did mention if u feel ok (ie not feeling unwell) you can go back to work...but ur job must not be too stressful/needs to lift heavy stuff. deskbound should be ok. of coz when u are feeling stress....u can use ur trump card (medical leave) ;)
Twinsy, haha.. For me sometimes i very stress when i skip work and know many thing need to clear

Straw, my BFP cycle i went back to work after d5 transfer. Took the bus, walked up stairs coz my office is a walk up.. but main thing made sure i was stress-free and took things easy. I even went to the bird park :)

2ww for FET and fresh no difference..
Ron i wish i can get bfp too soon :)

Tts good!how many frozen embries u have?at least u no need to go through fresh cycle n injections again

Actually i still havent got the embryo summary. But just now doc says got many.

I had 11 good embroyos. Transferred 2 and will freeze 9. The embryologist did say may or may not be able to freeze all 9. I am suppossed to pick up the summary on day of BT. Just now was too late though.

Yah so next round shld be easier. Just that I have to wait. Doc suggest rest 3 mths, to let my ovaries rest more, as had too many eggs this round. Lucky didnt have ohss.

Thanks! It sounds painful to me though. I suppose doc will only propose this after few failed attempts?

Yeah, dr felt it is an option to try. He said the pain varies, suggested I take some panadol before the procedure. No sedation or GA used. I hope it's not too painful!

Sister for fet, other than lining, do we have to ovulate? Doc only give me progynova which i believe for lining, but i am not ovulating every month.
Wondering...

Thanks MichNg. Hope I will get one scan too and then chiong to FET. Ha can you tell I'm impatient for this cycle?

Straw I think we won't ovulate since we are on progynova (estrogen).

Btw ladies whom had done FET, how long are we supposed to take the progynova? I guess I will get the answer from Kkh on Friday though.

Thanks MichNg. Hope I will get one scan too and then chiong to FET. Ha can you tell I'm impatient for this cycle?

Straw I think we won't ovulate since we are on progynova (estrogen).

If i can do the frozen cycle immediately, i also might just go for it. Haha!

But maybe i got to stock up on some vitamins before going for another try.

I have been taking vits diligently daily. I guess need to stock up chicken essence. My mil bought for me but aiya it got danggui. So better not take after the transfer.

I was taking pre natal vits from Kkh (my sis whom had popped passed down to me. The pills are the same as the ones I was prescribed during my earlier bfp at kkh). After that I switched to Biomin and other supplements.

I think it's good to start on that cycle which your ivf begins, after your af. I only take like 2x a week before transfer. After ET then daily. However it also depends on your body type. I can take heaty herbal soup and yet don't feel heaty. So I can take this kind of frequency. But if you're heaty base then go easy on it.

I think it's good to start on that cycle which your ivf begins, after your af. I only take like 2x a week before transfer. After ET then daily. However it also depends on your body type. I can take heaty herbal soup and yet don't feel heaty. So I can take this kind of frequency. But if you're heaty base then go easy on it.
Thanks redvel. So the chic essence should be the original one without any addition substance? Any other thing should take? Like egg white after transfer? I kinda forget all the things, that fresh cycle i did as much as i could until forget already but still failed lah.

Actually I'm the worst person to "advice" since I ain't got bfp! Maybe I should just do everything opposite for my fet. Haa.

Yes better to take the chix essence in original.

My friend ask me to take more egg whites before ER. She say will produce more and better quality eggs. I did take more egg whites than usual, though i cant be sure whether that is the reason why I seem to have more eggs collected.

Hi ladies, just wanted to share that OHSS can happen even a week or more after ET. I got it around 7dpo3dt. I think it was triggered by the hcg in my blood. The strange thing is I'm not pcos and I only retrieved 8 eggs. Thought i was home free. So please please keep up with your protein after transfer. I'm hospitalized and in pain. The only thing keeping me going is a positive beta. Take care!

Yeah, dr felt it is an option to try. He said the pain varies, suggested I take some panadol before the procedure. No sedation or GA used. I hope it's not too painful!
I have a very low threshold for pain but when it was done, I honestly did not feel anything. My friend who did it before me told me her face turned white cos it was sooo painful.. I was gritting my teeth waiting for the pain but it never came.. I think it really varies from person to person.. But my doc say usually patients just have the same feeling as a pap smear.. I did have cramps later on the same day which was like AF cramps pain.. Still bearable tho..

Hi ladies, just wanted to share that OHSS can happen even a week or more after ET. I got it around 7dpo3dt. I think it was triggered by the hcg in my blood. The strange thing is I'm not pcos and I only retrieved 8 eggs. Thought i was home free. So please please keep up with your protein after transfer. I'm hospitalized and in pain. The only thing keeping me going is a positive beta. Take care!

Take care peaches! Congrats on your BFP too!!!

Whmc we shall live by the motto hope for the best, prepare for the worst. And anything is possible now till the BT result is out.

Endo scatch is a short procedure done after ovulation. Doc does some scrapping of your lining. It is supposed to help implantation.

No effect on me though. But it's supposedly be able to last few months (so I read) so I hope it will help in my coming fet.

The nurse just cfm a bfn for me. Sigh...

Whmc sorry to hear that. Is this your first IVF?

Maybe consider doing endo scratch before your next attempt? If you’re trying again.

Hugs.

my ER went ok this morning, slight bleeding n cramping but doc said tats normal :) but :( only have 5 eggs?? So much injections for the past weeks yet I only grow 5 eggs?

My EF failed, out of 17eggs only one turn emybo and the quality is bad. Kkh is monitoring n to see whether ok to transfer, chances slim. If to restart need to wait till jan. Called Thomson fertility to check if they have any eggs donors but ans is :(.I m thinking should I transfer to Thomson so that I can start cycle asap. But wori kkh not reveal my med reports n sperms to them.

"Feel" egg donors?

Is there any reason why kkh won't give you past medical reports? Any ladies can share?

And i think you shouldn't rush for next fresh. Your ovaries should heal first.

I mean where can I find eggs donors. Cos if I will to do a new cycle, I need to take more jets n the results may not be good.

Kym how about calling other government and private hospitals?

I think you have to pay for the egg retrieval procedure and whatever medical cost for the egg donor? Wonder does it work like that.

Kkh dun have. They said govt dun encourage hence no eggs bank in govt hospital. Called Thomson but they said no donor. And we need to find our own donors. I am willing to pay. Any one out there keen ?

Kkh n Thomson said normally need to find people who we know and the person willing to go through stimulating process n ER

Just got my BT result on hormones level to start ivf but it shows my FSH is under the low category... My gynae says he will give me higher dosage for stim jabs once my AF comes next month. He mentioned about short cycle which i dont understand... He called me so i didnt ask much as i do not want to hold up his time. He say he will fill me in with more info when i see him in Oct.

Back