(2014/08) August 2014

Abt 15ml... What about the rest of the mummies?
I am drinking green papaya fish soup everyday and also eat papaya fruits at night or as snacks. Also eating alot of sesame oil chicken and ginger chicken soup...

Pumping wise I pump for 5min and then rest to massage the breast before pumping again for 5min. I am doing 15min per 3 hourly using this method and at least can get 100ml now...if pump for 20min can get a little more maybe 110 to 130ml

I am drinking green papaya fish soup everyday and also eat papaya fruits at night or as snacks. Also eating alot of sesame oil chicken and ginger chicken soup...

Pumping wise I pump for 5min and then rest to massage the breast before pumping again for 5min. I am doing 15min per 3 hourly using this method and at least can get 100ml now...if pump for 20min can get a little more maybe 110 to 130ml
Maybe I should try that too! 6th day after delivery and I'm only able to pump about 40ml per 2 hourly..

Hi mummies...my bb latch pretty well..dnt know enough for her not...now I'm quite tired,gonna discharge tml...can't wait to go home n start my post natal massage!

How much milk supply is considered enough...I can pump maybe 100ml per 3 hourly now...I hope it will increase more cause my PD just told me baby needs 90 to 100ml per 3 hourly and need to increase by 15ml everyweek...:confused:

wow ur supply is good. I've low supply. somemore supply drop after having mastitis. now getting abt 50ml per 3 hourly. never seem to increase liao. :(

Wow.. You doing a great job by pumping so much milk. Think really hv to drink green papaya soup for supply. These days only eat confinement foods chicken with ginger, black fungus veg, chicken essence soup.. etc. i did massage everyday before pumping too but supply still so little... Feeling stress!

Btw has anyone have Any good Massage lady to introduce ? Saw a mdm sadiah but coudknt find reviews for her..

Any mummies who have popped can advice?
You can look for Liza, 97207675.
I can see my stomach shrink a lot after third sessions.
Tell her recommended by Cck lady,

Hi all, anyone hv recommendation for baby shower buffet?
And also cake of full month package?
Where can buy the affordable baby shower decoration stuff (banner) ?

Hi mummies. .I started to have milk supply only at day 5. Avg of 30 ml every 3 hrs. After drinking the longan red date drinks everyday and green papaya fish soup once. Now I have avg of 140 ml every 3 hrs.

Thus dun worry, your milk supply will increase slowly.

Now I feel very tired having to pump milk every 3 hrs. Means can't even sleep well. How does other mummies with insufficient sleep manage?

Anyone delivered in Glen recently? How was the service ?

I'm at gleneagles now.

I have to warn you that level 7 is currently under reno. Maternity and delivery rooms are at levels 5 and 6. They drill, knock every hour and break for 1/2 an hour. From 10am to 5pm. Interesting thing is, baby can sleep through the entire noise. But we can't. The reno works are expected to complete in September I believe.

Hi mummies. .I started to have milk supply only at day 5. Avg of 30 ml every 3 hrs. After drinking the longan red date drinks everyday and green papaya fish soup once. Now I have avg of 140 ml every 3 hrs.

Now I feel very tired having to pump milk every 3 hrs. Means can't even sleep well. How does other mummies with insufficient sleep manage?
Oh yes I also drink longan red date drink everyday. I am drinking it like water during confinement now. Other than taking medicine I have not drink any water since delivery.

Ya very tiring to pump 3 hourly but actually can stretch to pump after 6 hours...just that the breast become super rock hard after 6 hours but dont think it is advisable to do so although there is more milk compare to 2 x 3 hours pumping (2 x 110ml). Yesterday I tried pumping after 6 hours for 20min and got about 290ml. Sometimes I missed my 3am or 6am pumping when I am too tired lol...

Last edited:
Oh yes I also drink longan red date drink everyday. I am drinking it like water during confinement now. Other than taking medicine I have not drink any water since delivery.

Ya very tiring to pump 3 hourly but actually can stretch to pump after 6 hours...just that the breast become super rock hard after 6 hours but dont think it is advisable to do so although there is more milk compare to 2 x 3 hours pumping (2 x 110ml). Yesterday I tried pumping after 6 hours for 20min and got about 290ml. Sometimes I missed my 3am or 6am pumping when I am too tired lol...

Haha me too..times just cannot wake up at all

I'm at gleneagles now.

I have to warn you that level 7 is currently under reno. Maternity and delivery rooms are at levels 5 and 6. They drill, knock every hour and break for 1/2 an hour. From 10am to 5pm. Interesting thing is, baby can sleep through the entire noise. But we can't. The reno works are expected to complete in September I believe.

Queensg thanks for the info.. can't believe we are paying such a premium price to deliver at Glen despite the noise.. no choice as my gynae only delivers there

Hihi mummies, i m new to this forum. i m now 39 weeks to #2. juz wondering, how do those preggy with #2 or #3 handle the #1 during emergency? i told my parents to meet me in hospital if anything happens so tat i'll pass #1 to dem. but they haf to travel quite far! wat if they r late? haa where shld i place my #1?? Thanks!!

Thats really nice. I discharged yesterday but baby have to stay longer due to jaundice. Praying hard he can be discharged tmr. Sigh.

Hihi mummies, i m new to this forum. i m now 39 weeks to #2. juz wondering, how do those preggy with #2 or #3 handle the #1 during emergency? i told my parents to meet me in hospital if anything happens so tat i'll pass #1 to dem. but they haf to travel quite far! wat if they r late? haa where shld i place my #1?? Thanks!!

My plan is to check myself in hospital first. MIL rush down to my house to take care of #1&2 then my hubby rush over.

However.. Hehe I got a gut feel my hubby will miss the delivery!!! Then I'll be doing it alone! But I'm more worried abt settling the 2 kids first so I'm ok w this arrangement.

I prefer not to bring the kids to hospital coz I wouldn't know what situation I will be in. Eg pain, emergency etc. hubby also need to settle admin etc and make decision should something happen to me.

Frankly speaking, I was trying so hard to recall what I did for my #2 but I totally can't rem!!! I went for a check up and was sent straight to delivery. Hubby went to fetch #1 and I can't rem the rest! He managed to make it like 15min bef I pop! Hahahhahaha

Recipe to share: for boosting milk supply
Source: TMC Antenatal Class (from many many years ago)

R
ImageUploadedByForum1408081488.865172.jpg

Thanks for sharing! But I'm just curious about the longan red date tea... I tot dang gui is known to reduce milk supply??

My plan is to check myself in hospital first. MIL rush down to my house to take care of #1&2 then my hubby rush over.

However.. Hehe I got a gut feel my hubby will miss the delivery!!! Then I'll be doing it alone! But I'm more worried abt settling the 2 kids first so I'm ok w this arrangement.

I prefer not to bring the kids to hospital coz I wouldn't know what situation I will be in. Eg pain, emergency etc. hubby also need to settle admin etc and make decision should something happen to me.

Frankly speaking, I was trying so hard to recall what I did for my #2 but I totally can't rem!!! I went for a check up and was sent straight to delivery. Hubby went to fetch #1 and I can't rem the rest! He managed to make it like 15min bef I pop! Hahahhahaha

Thanks for sharing your experience! Sounds very hectic n gan jiong to me. i also very worried abt settling my #1 with my mother before i deliver. haiz. n my hubby duwan to miss the delivery too! i tink delivery is most relaxed when we r preggy with #1, nothing to worry!

Thanks for sharing your experience! Sounds very hectic n gan jiong to me. i also very worried abt settling my #1 with my mother before i deliver. haiz. n my hubby duwan to miss the delivery too! i tink delivery is most relaxed when we r preggy with #1, nothing to worry!

I think #1 more nervous!! Dunno what to expect and everything is so new. I think I cried so much when I had #1!! Haha so if u were like me don't worry lah. U aren't alone! That's y mummy support from forum is v impt! No matter what time, somewhere in the middle of the night when u pump/ feed/ latch bb there will always be someone ard!!

I feel safety of bb more impt. No matter what muz go hospital first! I hope I rem this when it happens...hehe

I delivered today at around 4 pm. Baby boy was very good.. came out within 5 pushes.
Epidural was a lifesaver cos it allowed me to relax and rest during the whole induction n contraction. The side effect of epidural is the shivering but it will go away.

I delivered today at around 4 pm. Baby boy was very good.. came out within 5 pushes.
Epidural was a lifesaver cos it allowed me to relax and rest during the whole induction n contraction. The side effect of epidural is the shivering but it will go away.

Congrats Joie!!!

Heard that weekends usually more crowded! Hope there's no drilling over the weekend!

My hubs was very fed up he couldn't rest even when we had no visitors.

But now that we're home, also can't rest with all his visitors! -.-

Heard that weekends usually more crowded! Hope there's no drilling over the weekend!

I think the visitors will stream off slowly in a few days

Hi all, my bb is 14 days old. N still hv jaundice. According to pd, hers is breast milk jaundice.
Anybody hv e same experience?
By e way, wats e duration u all key ur bb latch on?
I m so frustrated tat bb only latch on for abt 5-10 min then fall asleep. N within half an hr she will wake up n crying for milk.
Can't even rest at all, as hv to feed her every 2-3 hourly. N every feeding takes abt 1 hr.
Anybody can enlighten me in this??
Thx

Yes! It's very crowded and long waiting list for single bedded! :(

Congrats Joie!!!

Hi all, my bb is 14 days old. N still hv jaundice. According to pd, hers is breast milk jaundice.
I m so frustrated tat bb only latch on for abt 5-10 min then fall asleep. N within half an hr she will wake up n crying for milk.
Can't even rest at all, as hv to feed her every 2-3 hourly. N every feeding takes abt 1 hr.
Thx

My gal also like that..latch 1 side not even 15mins fallen asleep tried all ways to let her latch the other side but ahe refused to open her mouth and sleep so soundly that you wouldnt bear to make her wakie. So what I did is pump out and can see how much she drinks and can monitor..at times if she suddenly v.hungry I will let her latch while awaiting for milk to heat up. Communicate with your baby..you've bond with ur baby during your pregnancy and baby will understand.

My sis - mom of 2 told me..talk to ur baby and she will understand. I didnt know that it works until that time my right breast clogged and I did what my sis advice.. miracle really happened n im surprised that my baby understood me and only help me latch right breast..left she dont haha

Thx
Hi my baby also has jaundice still due to our blood group difference. I also have direct latch problem but clearing his jaundice is more important so I changed to bottle feed my expressed milk now. I don't think I will attempt direct latch again since he is alright with bottle feed and my milk supply also increasing steadily with pumping. These few days no sunlight in the morning and evening so my baby jaundice still at moderately high. But I have increased the feeding volume as per PD advice (90 to 100ml every 3 hours but I am feeding 70ml every 2 hours due to baby stomach still small) and hopefully baby will get better by next appointment. Luckily my baby only take 5 to 10 min to finish his milk and he usually fall asleep right after so i still got time to rest abit. Yes when you are breastfeeding you have signed up for the lack of sleep club so bear with it and jia you!! =) Rest whenever you can.

Hi my baby also has jaundice still due to our blood group difference. I also have direct latch problem but clearing his jaundice is more important so I changed to bottle feed my expressed milk now. I don't think I will attempt direct latch again since he is alright with bottle feed and my milk supply also increasing steadily with pumping. These few days no sunlight in the morning and evening so my baby jaundice still at moderately high. But I have increased the feeding volume as per PD advice (90 to 100ml every 3 hours but I am feeding 70ml every 2 hours due to baby stomach still small) and hopefully baby will get better by next appointment. Luckily my baby only take 5 to 10 min to finish his milk and he usually fall asleep right after so i still got time to rest abit. Yes when you are breastfeeding you have signed up for the lack of sleep club so bear with it and jia you!! =) Rest whenever you can.
Sigh. I tot baby can be discharged today but his jaundice level is still quite high. Have to see if his jaundice level dropped tmr or not. How many days did ur baby stay in the hosp? I hv problem with my milk supply too. 3 hrs max 25ml. How do increase the supply further? Many thanks mummies.

Back