(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

I bought the clarins toning oil but the smell is too strong for me now that it makes me nausea..

Anyway it cost cheaper at the shops like pinky/ Venus those beauty product shops at neighborhood.. Not sure if u all know? Toa payoh amk has a few of these shops..

Clarins toning oil cost $58 but stretch mark cream can't rem.. Maybe $60+

Yeah, don't pay full price at the dept stores. I usually buy at duty free with additional disc from friends who work in the airport.

I found this maternity wear website - http://www.mylittleangelsmaternity.com/index.php

Prices seems very reasonable with plenty of designs! :)

Hi mummies... Anyone started using stretch mark creams? I'm currently week13 and read that it's best to start in second trimester. Any brands to recommend?

I started applying at week 13. Currently using Gaia Natural Belly Butter and Belly Oil. I fell in love with Gaia products after using them on my kids. Now the two kids help me to apply every night.

For my previous pregnancies, i used bio oil which was also not bad. Absorbed quickly and no oily trace left behind. I also tried mustela which was good but a tad too perfumey. Palmer's didn't work well for me, especially when i started to itch from 3rd trimester. It burns! And caused rash to my belly. Maybe just didn't suit me.

he wil be glad to give you a hand on your enlarge boobs :D

for me i did not apply on boobs reason being ... 1st stretch mark dun matter to me it is a not as though i going to bare it all outside :D it will be hidden under the bra ... ( btw i dun have stretch mark on boob after 1st pregnancy) and 2ndly that is the milk factory leh !! i dun wan any cream ( chemical etc) to interfere with the factory

I think i agree. Haha.. I also didn't get stretch marks from previous pregnancies. But i won't apply on boobs for the same reason. I only apply on belly dilligently because i really fear the itch from all stretching. Sometimes i forgot about my thighs and hips!

Hi Anyone seeing gynae at SGH? or Dr Y.C. Goh from Thomson Plaza?
Any Review or comment?

Im in my 13weeks, have done my Oscar test. Will you ladies go for further test(harmony) after the Oscar test?

I have seen Dr YC Goh before for my first pregnancy. He delivered my brother and cousins so my mum brought me there. But i don't feel comfortable with him. So i didn't see him again. His charges are quite pricey too!

hi mummies!!!! been a long time since i logged in. was having bad spotting initially which make me worried sick.. spotting lasted for abt 3 weeks. :( den when finally spotting stopped, few days later gradually my appetite became bad and toilet bowl became my best buddy.having the need to nurse my 15 montha lo plus poor appetite and vomitting makes this pregnancy a huge challange but nevertheless, i pulled it thru. ;) thanks to almighty God. Today is my 12 week, and ms just gotten slightly better so i decided to pay a visit to all mummies here while my lo naps. ;) looks like many mummies has gone for their oscar test. i am still waiting for my oscar next week. my edd is on 30 jan. How's everyone here? I missed chatting here. I will pop in more often to kpo.. hehe.. btw, any admins here for fb page? I have yet to receive request. Any kind mummies here can add me into FB page? my email is [email protected]. TIA!!!! :)

go check your mummy got stretch mark or not...hearsay it is generic too ...
i apply only tummy ...and at near the end ... very thin stretch mark appear despite the applying ... but after giving birth the mark disappear leh
My mummy so stretch marks at all after giving birth 3 kids n she is the niao type dun buy stretch marks cream...... but my tummy full of stretch marks since #1

my next monthly scan will be next fri - 15weeks old.
not sure whether can see the gender. feeling excited and countdown to scanning each day
still having MS. sianz

I have seen Dr YC Goh before for my first pregnancy. He delivered my brother and cousins so my mum brought me there. But i don't feel comfortable with him. So i didn't see him again. His charges are quite pricey too!
yah.. his charges is abit ex... cause i'm see 2 gynae concurrently.. so need to decide one soon...
But i'm worry about SGH midwife / nurses... :( they like not so friendly de.. :confused:

yah.. his charges is abit ex... cause i'm see 2 gynae concurrently.. so need to decide one soon...
But i'm worry about SGH midwife / nurses... :( they like not so friendly de.. :confused:

Not sure about SGH, I am seeing NUH gynae as a private patient, the charges are not cheap. :( I din have the opportunity to get a referral as sub patients. Now due to my sticky blood condition, I get referral to see the rheumatologist dept at NUH for sub rates.

I remember reading some website that says its actually homemade mayo that we can't eat, I think commercialize mayo are using pasteurized eggs. Homemade mayo, you can't pasteurized the ingredients.

Homemade mayo cannot eat cause got raw eggs. Commercial mayo is fine. I'm sure Macs tar tar sauce is commercial made.

Also don't eat mousse type desserts as most have raw eggs as well.

I still take half boil eggs though.... :p:p Cannot resist! My favourite!

I ate coleslaw too coz I can't stand Chinese cooking.... but once in a while.

I eat those eh.. sunny side up :p but try to cut down, give my hub the yolk I eat the white

Heng, I not tempted by satay burger, but make me wanna eat satay! NVm I also unhealthy one haha, sometime my evening sickness got so bad that my hub buy me polar chicken pie. I ate that and an apple for dinner.

Sudden craving, I saw the mooncake adv in my email, suddenly wanna eat snowskin! hahaa

Yah yah raffles mooncake .. Now order 25% discount but I more into baked egg yolk one Lolz

Eh curious.. When u all eat filet o fish can eat the tar tar sauce? I ask for no tar tar cos I dunno can eat not.. I know mayo can't
no tar tar sauce nice meh... I still eat as per normal Lolz
I remember reading some website that says its actually homemade mayo that we can't eat, I think commercialize mayo are using pasteurized eggs. Homemade mayo, you can't pasteurized the ingredients.
yah homemade one then scary esp those small cafe or pub where they make their own
Homemade mayo cannot eat cause got raw eggs. Commercial mayo is fine. I'm sure Macs tar tar sauce is commercial made.

My hubby banned all my half boil egg haiz
I ate coleslaw too coz I can't stand Chinese cooking.... but once in a while.

I eat those eh.. sunny side up :p but try to cut down, give my hub the yolk I eat the white
huh? The best is the egg yolk leh

My gosh passed by mos burger the teriyaki beef burger and their thick fries look better Lolz I will have that instead whahahah

My gosh passed by mos burger the teriyaki beef burger and their thick fries look better Lolz I will have that instead whahahah

wah, u very bad lei, make me wanna eat Mos also.

Once, I was in my office, got craving, afternoon went out alone just to eat MOS burger. hahaa

ImageUploadedByForum1405417603.931444.jpg
wahahhah

I didn't know mousse cake cannot eat. I already had a few

I think don't get too paranoid over it yah.
I think generally SG food are prepared in a safe and hygiene way.

Anybody heard of Vitamin A overdose? my MIL called my hub to inform him that I shouldn't take too much vitamin A. was reading online and found out that Vitamin A is readily available in most of the food we ate including my recent craving Orange Juice... :(

Now I started on Obimin tablet, the vitamin a is already 3000IU, fresh orange juice packet contain around 500mcg of vitamin A too... dunno will overdose anot, so never drink now.... Will ask my doc when I see her next week.

I miss my orange juice, ended up become drink ribena.

I think don't get too paranoid over it yah.
I think generally SG food are prepared in a safe and hygiene way.

Anybody heard of Vitamin A overdose? my MIL called my hub to inform him that I shouldn't take too much vitamin A. was reading online and found out that Vitamin A is readily available in most of the food we ate including my recent craving Orange Juice... :(

Now I started on Obimin tablet, the vitamin a is already 3000IU, fresh orange juice packet contain around 500mcg of vitamin A too... dunno will overdose anot, so never drink now.... Will ask my doc when I see her next week.

I miss my orange juice, ended up become drink ribena.

http://www.babymed.com/medications/are-there-any-vitamins-i-should-not-take-during-pregnancy

I didn't know about this too...

It inside the Obimin tablet that my doc prescribe me, all in prenatal vitamin. :p

Yeah, I read about it. Seems like liver is the highest contributor.
Cheh if gynae give ok lah

My gynae give me multi vit too but very big hard to swallow so I skip
Wonder do they have chewable one

i thought vitamin a in the form of beta-carotene is fine?

Yes it is fine in the form of beta carotene, as overdose in beta carotene is not the same as overdoes in Vitamin A (affects fetal development). Those who take items where there is Vitamin A (ie supplements, non food and veg) will need to be careful. In fruits and veg, vitamin A is in betacarotene form, so no issue.

Yes it is fine in the form of beta carotene, as overdose in beta carotene is not the same as overdoes in Vitamin A (affects fetal development). Those who take items where there is Vitamin A (ie supplements, non food and veg) will need to be careful. In fruits and veg, vitamin A is in betacarotene form, so no issue.

So orange juice is fine?

I think public hospital nurses are mostly not very friendly. But i heard NUH is good. Most importantly you have to be comfortable with your chosen gynae! In future he or she will have to perform whichever procedures needed on us and trust is very important. Other than my gynae, i doubt i will let any other male doctor perform VE, burst my water bag or stitch me up. Haha ;)

No worries mummies! Nobody is eating as unhealthily as me at this stage. Lol. I haven't had a single proper meal ever since my ms started at 5th week. Recently i can finally eat some food but all i can stomach is bites and sips of fast food, chips, biscuits, fizzy drinks or milk tea. All the no no food. The only healthy food that i can take is chilled fruits. And i am not taking my multivits too. Currently 15 weeks 4 days. Hoping to eat more healthy food in time to come.

had a super oily unhealthy breakfast this morning ... had zhui guai and bing jiang guai ...
for some reason i like the plainess of zhui guai without the chai po but i just eat them together :D :D

now my burp is those chai po smell :D:D

Morning,

anyone having issue with taking fish oil?
i was advise to take this twice a day.
but it always makes me throw up after a couple of hours.

Back