(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Juz back from kkh check up..

I lost a total of 5kg.... gynae say not very good... he expect me to eat more n start gaining somr weight by next appt....

Today is 10 weeks 4 days.... he says ms to be worse ... die liao...... worse then i jialat...

I crave for fast food n koi ... but i have to control has i had a history of GD....

I hate plain rice now .. fried rice still ok...

wah.. lost 5 kg... that's a lot... must take care ya...

Juz back from kkh check up..

I lost a total of 5kg.... gynae say not very good... he expect me to eat more n start gaining somr weight by next appt....

Today is 10 weeks 4 days.... he says ms to be worse ... die liao...... worse then i jialat...

I crave for fast food n koi ... but i have to control has i had a history of GD....

I hate plain rice now .. fried rice still ok...

xicloudix, which gynae are you with at KKH?

I can understand what you are going through... I have been losing weigh as well... nearly 4kg so far. I'm worried and even more so for hubby. He has been trying all means and ways to make me eat... and it has eventually ended up in scolding etc. I know his good intentions but sometimes, it doesnt help as it would make me feel worse because I wish I could eat more too. Let's hope start gaining weight soon! :)

th

lolz some pregnancy trick to expand pants :D lolz

Anyone done your Oscar Test already? I was down for the scan yesterday and saw the baby lying back down (best position for scanning) and in just a few seconds, it flipped and turned face down! o_O I was so tickled when I saw this! Haha, ended up i had to go out and walk about before scanning again. It's my 1st pregnancy... wasn't feeling emotional during my initial scans, but for recent ones... I just feel touched and assurred when I see the baby and how he/she is swinging his/her limbs... it's just... precious. Hehe. Thanks for listening to my ramblings... May we continue to be here for one another during our journey! =)

Anyone done your Oscar Test already? I was down for the scan yesterday and saw the baby lying back down (best position for scanning) and in just a few seconds, it flipped and turned face down! o_O I was so tickled when I saw this! Haha, ended up i had to go out and walk about before scanning again. It's my 1st pregnancy... wasn't feeling emotional during my initial scans, but for recent ones... I just feel touched and assurred when I see the baby and how he/she is swinging his/her limbs... it's just... precious. Hehe. Thanks for listening to my ramblings... May we continue to be here for one another during our journey! =)
did mine last week... same mine was face down and not in right postion but my sonographer just tap my tummy a few times to make baby turn :D i understand what you mean ...esp when you get to see the baby like body and not just sac or some shape which we dun even know which is head and which is bottom ... you will get more excited in the 20 wks scan ... so count down to that scan ... you will feel more emotion more real that a tiny more human life in your body .. :)

hi, anyone experiencing constant cough?
i sarted coughing at week 7 and finally stop after a month.

and now i am back to coughing again at week 13.

@xicloudix, try to snack more in between? crackers, fruits or anything. That y I do to keep the nausea down. I realize the more u don't eat, the more you feel.

@winnielove, mine is morning combo sneezing. haha

@omj, going for my OSCAR tml, excited.

@PTB7674, half of the time doc telling me.. you see, this is the hands, this is the brain, the eyes sockets. then I just nod unknowingly with the blur look hahahaha can only see the flickering heart! hahaa

Just went for my check up yesterday with Dr Su. Oscar results all well. No signs of GDM. No thalassemia. And I hv an extra test to detect some virus cz I hv two cats at home. All good.

And I lost weight too. Tho I'm starting to show alredy.
Gynae say it's becz I choose to fast. Oh well. Can slowly enjoy once e festive season begins.

Cldnt see gender cz baby had its back on us and sucking it's thumb. Hungry perhaps hehe.

Next appt at 22 weeks. Aft animolity scan.

Hope everyone is gd. I hv all kinds of cravings. But one bite n Tt's it. :)

@xicloudix, try to snack more in between? crackers, fruits or anything. That y I do to keep the nausea down. I realize the more u don't eat, the more you feel.

@PTB7674, half of the time doc telling me.. you see, this is the hands, this is the brain, the eyes sockets. then I just nod unknowingly with the blur look hahahaha can only see the flickering heart! hahaa

my gynae will write on scan ...where is head where is bottom :D

btw ...i need some opinions ...what is your view of going japan when pregnant ? does the radiation of Fukushima bother you ?

hmmm http://www.japantravelinfo.com/news/news_item.php?newsid=431

my hub and me are paranoid abt the radiation... So not intending to risk it whether pregnant or not pregnant.

By the way, dunno related anot. my Tokyo colleague lost her baby at 5 mths pregnancy, but she is of high risk due to age also.

Not sure if u guys read the news, SG has lifted its ban from importing produce from Fukushima!

my hub and me are paranoid abt the radiation... So not intending to risk it whether pregnant or not pregnant.

By the way, dunno related anot. my Tokyo colleague lost her baby at 5 mths pregnancy, but she is of high risk due to age also.

Not sure if u guys read the news, SG has lifted its ban from importing produce from Fukushima!
your colleague based in japan izzt ...not every country has monthly check up like singapore ...

hmmm... it happened in 2011 now 2014 leh...

wanted to go somewhere but dunno go where :D japan pop into my mind cos my son love disneyland so thinking maybe can bring him there ...cos after that he going to stuck in singapore for at least until his sibling is at least 6 month old ...like very kelian cannot travel :D

She is Japanese and I heard from her amniotic fluid test is compulsory!

Radiation is long term damage, I saw Chernobyl documentary b4, they still an detect radiation level even after 20 years but Chernobyl is full meltdown.

To each his own la :) No right or wrong. As long as you are comfortable.

How old is your number 1?

Last edited:
She is Japanese and I heard from her amniotic fluid test is compulsory!

Radiation is long term damage, I saw Chernobyl documentary b4, they still an detect radiation level even after 20 years but Chernobyl is full meltdown.

To each his own la :) No right or wrong. As long as you are comfortable.

How old is your number 1?

Chernobyl one...is serious ...that area is dead land even now... i saw one documentary they go there see marine life of their lake...the fish all mutated... and even now they are not allow to stay in that area for x hrs ...and must go through alot of cleaning after exposure... of course to each on his own :D :D

he is 3.5 years old

My doc didn't tell me anything :(
i went for my 12 weeks scan and had to constantly keep on asking, are these the hands is the baby turning now? the doctor didnt tell me anything herself! :(

My doc didn't tell me anything :(
i went for my 12 weeks scan and had to constantly keep on asking, are these the hands is the baby turning now? the doctor didnt tell me anything herself! :(

Some docs are more quiet type, my sis doc also nvr say anything one.

3.5 years old can understand le...

my girl was 3 when i was preggy with no 2... and she was so excited about it... unfortunately she did not get the chance to meet him and mind you she is still asking about him...hopefully she will get a sibling to cuddle this round... *praying hard*

xicloudix, which gynae are you with at KKH?

I can understand what you are going through... I have been losing weigh as well... nearly 4kg so far. I'm worried and even more so for hubby. He has been trying all means and ways to make me eat... and it has eventually ended up in scolding etc. I know his good intentions but sometimes, it doesnt help as it would make me feel worse because I wish I could eat more too. Let's hope start gaining weight soon! :)

I m with dor tan thiam chye...

I m overweight

But i also classified under high risk pregnancy. .. due to some medication that was given to me when i visit outside gynae when i had irregular menses n turn out i was pregnant but that gyae test kit is negative so he gave me medcine to induce menses but menses didnt come after i completed the med... so baby is fine But if its baby gal the organs might be affected. . So can only confirm when 20 weeks scan.

But dr tan says since baby still can surviv3 after that medicine then most likely it should be fine....

I went into depression n keep crying i dun wan the baby... :(

I m overweight

But i also classified under high risk pregnancy. .. due to some medication that was given to me when i visit outside gynae when i had irregular menses n turn out i was pregnant but that gyae test kit is negative so he gave me medcine to induce menses but menses didnt come after i completed the med... so baby is fine But if its baby gal the organs might be affected. . So can only confirm when 20 weeks scan.

But dr tan says since baby still can surviv3 after that medicine then most likely it should be fine....

xicloudix, stay positive!! Dr likes to give the worst scenario... most of the times, baby turn out ok...

xicloudix, stay positive!! Dr likes to give the worst scenario... most of the times, baby turn out ok...

Yes my mood better these days after take some med to relax myself n help me sleep...

And also after my son tells me "mummy dont worry i will help you take care of didi ok ? "

Felt my son grown up.. so sweet... he will be disappointed if i dun wan this baby .... he is 4 yrs old now... i have another gal 2.5 yr old... i dun have maid.. so everything i doing myself..

So this baby is my #3.. unplanned n kenna under pills ... so everything unexpected which lead to my depression so 1 shot my brain cant process all info....

I am scanned by Dr Tan also, my 1st impression is he always said something negative..but urself must has faith

3.5 years old can understand le...

my girl was 3 when i was preggy with no 2... and she was so excited about it... unfortunately she did not get the chance to meet him and mind you she is still asking about him...hopefully she will get a sibling to cuddle this round... *praying hard*
dunno leh...he kept saying there is no baby inside :D :D

I m overweight

dun worry ...like what dr say if survive that medicine should be ok ...

i also have some dramatic event for this pregnancy. Got UTI and din know i was pregnant and after test ...i found out i have both and worst the bacteria is a mutated one and resist most antibotic except one which i am allergic to... and urologist suggest a jab but that jab is a category B medicine ,meaning not tested on pregnant woman
after discussing with hubby and gynae no choice but to go ahead cos no point risking my kidney.

the way i see it is ... there is nothign we can do now ..so only hope for the best ...dun get too depress over it ...

http://sg.******************/babymoon-best-places-to-go/ only 2 location attract me :D
london or maldives ... but hubby hate london cos he went before ...and maldives we also been there before basically go there do nothing and nuahing ..which i dun mind lah :D but what i mind is cannot play water sport leh...

I am scanned by Dr Tan also, my 1st impression is he always said something negative..but urself must has faith

His face like no expression one cant see his face to tell good or bad haha .... then when i ask him.. he tells bit by bit.. then makes me nervous. .. but last pregnancy also handle by him. The delivery was smooth n as per what he predict. .. i had a pre term labour for my last pregnancy n he can tell me around what time or when i should come to admit to hospital n its quite spot on... so this round i choose him again

@xicloudix, have faith, my colleague share with me that she was eating antibiotics or some kind of meds and she din know she was carrying her baby. Plus was like what 20 years ago, so medical not tt advance, doc just told her got risk but probability not high coz baby might not absorb at such a early stage.
Her girl is 20+ already. hehe

the other colleague, when scanning tt time, doc say brain got cyst! then ended up baby also ok. Doc say the bubble might be the development.

His face like no expression one cant see his face to tell good or bad haha .... then when i ask him.. he tells bit by bit.. then makes me nervous. .. but last pregnancy also handle by him. The delivery was smooth n as per what he predict. .. i had a pre term labour for my last pregnancy n he can tell me around what time or when i should come to admit to hospital n its quite spot on... so this round i choose him again
Hi, I thk at the moment you dun thk too much and just wait for 15th week scanning & 20 weeks detail scanning, Baby's feature will tell u evrything. Like my brother's last baby girlr,..doc predicts that something may happen as baby girl's head is extra big size compared to normal baby then aft few mth delivery, doc do scanning & everything shall be fine. But, my sis in law that time attended two gynae at the same time so that she always has second opinion to refer..I see her nvr worries even when doc asked her to have bed rest due to low placenta.

Last edited:
You're welcome. :)

My gynae told me to take the maternal milk powder instead, which I did for my previous pregnancies after my morning sickness was gone. And also take more nutritious food.

Honestly speaking most of these formula milk powder are very sweet! But I think nowadays they have come up with sugar free range for some brands. I haven't check them out. Not sure if they taste better. But I am ok with sweet stuff. I usually take frisomum(vanilla) or anmum(chocolate). :)

Hi, lovexuan, how about the Similac or nestle milk?? Thking of taking it next mth..

I also burp fish oil ever since I started eating. Eeks.... Now my bottle water in office also infected with the stench even after I washed it is still there.
Lolz I cant imagine how some people can break the capsule and drink the fish oil .. Yucks

yo getaway how was ur appt today?
Appt today all v fast!!!

I reached Dr Tham and waited less than 10 min to see him. Maybe 12noon lunch time, the entire clinic not many ppl.

Then after clinic, too early got 2 hours to kill before OSCAR so went to have my beef hor fun then went back. The X-ray centre say since I come so early then go first! Didnt wait much too... By my actual appt time which is 2.30pm I'm already on my way to Orchard to jalan... :)

Today baby keep on moving and turning don't let Dr Tham take a good photo of him, so today's pic is of him turning away from us. Lol. During Oscar he also keep on moving so hard for the technician to capture the image... After that he went to sleep and the technician ask me to cough to wake him up is that he will turn around...

Appt today all v fast!!!

I reached Dr Tham and waited less than 10 min to see him. Maybe 12noon lunch time, the entire clinic not many ppl.

Then after clinic, too early got 2 hours to kill before OSCAR so went to have my beef hor fun then went back. The X-ray centre say since I come so early then go first! Didnt wait much too... By my actual appt time which is 2.30pm I'm already on my way to Orchard to jalan... :)

Today baby keep on moving and turning don't let Dr Tham take a good photo of him, so today's pic is of him turning away from us. Lol. During Oscar he also keep on moving so hard for the technician to capture the image... After that he went to sleep and the technician ask me to cough to wake him up is that he will turn around...

So cute

Hi, lovexuan, how about the Similac or nestle milk?? Thking of taking it next mth..

Hi ReneLPN! Similac is less sweet so it might suit you. I am also ok with it but I do prefer it sweeter. Nestle tastes horrible imo. I don't know why but the fishy taste is too strong for me. I puked immediately after taking a sip. But I know of mummies who said it was fine. You might want to request for samples before buying the big tin. :)

Back