Support group - Miscarriages

*thumbs up* haha I only drink in 1 gulp. Wanna finish as fast as I can. It's not bad tasting haha i don't like the an tai version, I don't like the smell of "pao sheng"

I also drink one gulp, the ladies at the counter also recommend little warm water. I just follow their instruction.

Morning ladies.... wanna check with u gals on something... today I noted tat there is some blood stain (fresh red kind) on my liner but prior to this, there is oso some blood stain (dark/black in colour) on and off, not sure if this is known as spotting, it's nt little but oso not alot to stain the whole liner... was wondering is tat my af coming as I oso experience some cramping feeling?? But it's only day 24 since my last m/c, seem like the cycle abit short coz usually I hv 26-28 days cycle... I'm still monitoring whether the flow will get heavier later... anyone can share their experience on the 1st af after m/c?

Thanks gals for your encouragement ytd. The surgery went well. My Dr is very pleased that he doesn't need to do a d&c but could manage to reset the lump that was left behind from the miscarriage. It was quite a big lump that stuck to the wall of the uterine cavity that's why I kept spotting on and off. I'm glad it's all cleared and the picture of my uterus looks very clean! It's a huge relief that this chapter is closed.
Btw shld I still do a mini confinement? What is shiquan? Is it the 十全大补汤?

Morning ladies.... wanna check with u gals on something... today I noted tat there is some blood stain (fresh red kind) on my liner but prior to this, there is oso some blood stain (dark/black in colour) on and off, not sure if this is known as spotting, it's nt little but oso not alot to stain the whole liner... was wondering is tat my af coming as I oso experience some cramping feeling?? But it's only day 24 since my last m/c, seem like the cycle abit short coz usually I hv 26-28 days cycle... I'm still monitoring whether the flow will get heavier later... anyone can share their experience on the 1st af after m/c?

Yes, it can be counted as spotting. brown or black stain.

Do you normally spot b4 AF? are you going back to your gynae for a review?

I usually spot b4 AF so when I see spotting I know I am out for that month

Thanks gals for your encouragement ytd. The surgery went well. My Dr is very pleased that he doesn't need to do a d&c but could manage to reset the lump that was left behind from the miscarriage. It was quite a big lump that stuck to the wall of the uterine cavity that's why I kept spotting on and off. I'm glad it's all cleared and the picture of my uterus looks very clean! It's a huge relief that this chapter is closed.

Congrats, its a closure!
So the doc din perform D&C on you? Sorry abit confuse with what you said. Are you still spotting?

Yes I think a mini confinement is best. I din practice it, I drink red date/ longgan tea then chiong 十全大补汤 once a week

Didn't do d&c. Dr wanted to avoid that as much as possible cos he doesn't want to do a blind procedure. He used a camera scope to view the inside and used a resectoscope to scrap out the tissue which he saw to clear the area. He took photos of the pre intra and post op of the uterus and it's clean now. Glad it's over.
The soup need to drink for how long?

I see. I think once a week is good enough, are you seeing TCM?

Eh, you can take it till your next AF, stop during that time and start again. If you feel too heaty then must stop, don't go overboard. 十全 is super 补

sometimes I boil 冬虫鸡汤 (husband and wife can drink, i think its for vitality and the soup is sweet de) or 白木耳红枣汤 (more for beauty)

That's good, dun have to do d&c as it is hurtful to the womb.

Confinement is a must, do 1-2 weeks. If you are seeing tcm, then check with them what to eat to bu your body. Some say ok to bu even when the spotting is on, but it doesnt work for me. My spotting got worse. So, I start bu (shiquan & DOM) when spotting completely stopped.

That's good, dun have to do d&c as it is hurtful to the womb.

Confinement is a must, do 1-2 weeks. If you are seeing tcm, then check with them what to eat to bu your body. Some say ok to bu even when the spotting is on, but it doesnt work for me. My spotting got worse. So, I start bu (shiquan & DOM) when spotting completely stopped.
Hi princessleopard, can I ask how long is your mc bleeding and spotting. Today is d15 of my mc and there's still little blood. Not found on my liner but only when I wipe. Is this normal? Doc just say bt every wk to Chk hcg.

Good for u hazelnut... finally can hv some closure... so wad did the dr do to remove the lump?

Yes, it can be counted as spotting. brown or black stain.

Do you normally spot b4 AF? are you going back to your gynae for a review?

I usually spot b4 AF so when I see spotting I know I am out for that month

Think my AF is here... jz nw pee and wipe gt red blood stain... usually I dun spot b4 AF so quite unusual... and I oso din expect my AF to come so early.. Some said AF after m/c usually takes 4-6 weeks! My last review was 10 days after my m/c, tat time dr said everything was cleared without the need for surgical procedures... i will only be seeing the gynae again in August....

Hi princessleopard, can I ask how long is your mc bleeding and spotting. Today is d15 of my mc and there's still little blood. Not found on my liner but only when I wipe. Is this normal? Doc just say bt every wk to Chk hcg.

When I did d&c, the spotting was rather on and off for 3 weeks+. When I thought its ending, it suddenly have bright red flow. Its quite scary then, moreover its the first mc. Second one was natural, about 5 days stopped spotting. Seems like there is no fixed, depends on individual hormones.

Yours about 2 weeks now, should be ending anytime, i think. How's the hcg level now?

It really depends. My af came exactly 4 weeks after dnc... every individual is different
Is mc bleeding considered d1 of cycle? Or on the day spotting stops then consider d1? Haiz my condition now is nt really spotting and nt bleeding... Wondering isit normal.

When I did d&c, the spotting was rather on and off for 3 weeks+. When I thought its ending, it suddenly have bright red flow. Its quite scary then, moreover its the first mc. Second one was natural, about 5 days stopped spotting. Seems like there is no fixed, depends on individual hormones.

Yours about 2 weeks now, should be ending anytime, i think. How's the hcg level now?
Mine considered natural mc bah, doc scan for me on 24 June and see nthg in my uterus but of coz he said he can't be certain if there is still tiny tissues lingering ard so the best way is to Chk bt weekly. My bt on 24 June was 80+. My bbt still high... Haiz isit normal?

Mine considered natural mc bah, doc scan for me on 24 June and see nthg in my uterus but of coz he said he can't be certain if there is still tiny tissues lingering ard so the best way is to Chk bt weekly. My bt on 24 June was 80+. My bbt still high... Haiz isit normal?

Did gynae give you any medication to help pass out remaining tissue? Though natural mc is better then d&c, but there is also fear that tissue that remains may cause infection etc. For natural mc, gynae did give me medication and my tcm also ask me to drink 生化汤 for the same purpose too.

Sometimes our body takes time to react, since you are going back to gynae every week, I think dun worry so much as they are keeping close monitor on the progress.

Hormones can really go haywire, my first mc was at 9th week, pregnancy symptoms very strong, so never knew bb's heartbeat already stopped for 2 weeks. Gynae adviced me to wait another week for natural mc, but still it did not happen. So, no choice got to opt for d&c. For almost 1 month my body did not even know that my bb is not surviving in my womb, I am still having morning sickness etc. After d&c, my body also took the wrong signal, thought I had given birth, so I started produce milk and very engorged breasts. Its very sad then, i had to take pills to stop the milk production.

So every individual body condition reacts differently, dun worry too much, if really got doubts just clear with gynae, they are a better person to answer our queries. I am glad my gynae gave me her personal email to clear my doubts.

Did gynae give you any medication to help pass out remaining tissue? Though natural mc is better then d&c, but there is also fear that tissue that remains may cause infection etc. For natural mc, gynae did give me medication and my tcm also ask me to drink 生化汤 for the same purpose too.

Sometimes our body takes time to react, since you are going back to gynae every week, I think dun worry so much as they are keeping close monitor on the progress.

Hormones can really go haywire, my first mc was at 9th week, pregnancy symptoms very strong, so never knew bb's heartbeat already stopped for 2 weeks. Gynae adviced me to wait another week for natural mc, but still it did not happen. So, no choice got to opt for d&c. For almost 1 month my body did not even know that my bb is not surviving in my womb, I am still having morning sickness etc. After d&c, my body also took the wrong signal, thought I had given birth, so I started produce milk and very engorged breasts. Its very sad then, i had to take pills to stop the milk production.

So every individual body condition reacts differently, dun worry too much, if really got doubts just clear with gynae, they are a better person to answer our queries. I am glad my gynae gave me her personal email to clear my doubts.
Oh wow thks for your details. Nah I wasn't given any medication nor advised to take 生化汤:( ya I hope I'm in gd hands coz I heard abt those nasty infections.. But I'm nt seeing my doc for the bt, he just monitor... For now I just want my cycle to resume to normal so I can start my ivf again. I read online bleeding shouldn't be more than 2 wks. And for my case is nt bleeding nor spotting so I'm terribly confused... Both times your af returned quite fast right?

Oh wow thks for your details. Nah I wasn't given any medication nor advised to take 生化汤:( ya I hope I'm in gd hands coz I heard abt those nasty infections.. But I'm nt seeing my doc for the bt, he just monitor... For now I just want my cycle to resume to normal so I can start my ivf again. I read online bleeding shouldn't be more than 2 wks. And for my case is nt bleeding nor spotting so I'm terribly confused... Both times your af returned quite fast right?

Both times returned slightly after 4th week. My AF cycle is usually 28-32 days, so it still falls within. After AF came, I went back for checkup and scan, and doc will say when can start ttc again.

When you plan to start ivf again? Some say after mc very fertile, must try soon. But some say must rest 3 mths.

Both times returned slightly after 4th week. My AF cycle is usually 28-32 days, so it still falls within. After AF came, I went back for checkup and scan, and doc will say when can start ttc again.

When you plan to start ivf again? Some say after mc very fertile, must try soon. But some say must rest 3 mths.
Sorry how do u count the 4th wk? Starting frm day of mc bleeding? My doc say rest at least 3 cycles... But I'm so super impatient to wait ..

Sorry how do u count the 4th wk? Starting frm day of mc bleeding? My doc say rest at least 3 cycles... But I'm so super impatient to wait ..
I know it's hard but try to be patient no one really can predict when is the arrival of af. But my 2nd mc was similar to urs and princess. Natural. And af came right on dot. So I counted first day of mc as cd 1. And during that cycle I too probably had another chem pregnancy. I asked they say cox on first day of mc hcg was 50. so in 3 weeks shd be cleared. If I test positive means shd be chem.

I personally believe in being fertile after mc though I know it's not good for our wombs.

I know it's hard but try to be patient no one really can predict when is the arrival of af. But my 2nd mc was similar to urs and princess. Natural. And af came right on dot. So I counted first day of mc as cd 1. And during that cycle I too probably had another chem pregnancy. I asked they say cox on first day of mc hcg was 50. so in 3 weeks shd be cleared. If I test positive means shd be chem.

I personally believe in being fertile after mc though I know it's not good for our wombs.
Ya agree, my blood- tinged sighting still on going how can af come. I guess I've to wait then... Hopefully as wat u say everyone is diff not tat I'm abnormal.. I shall start counting frm mc day! Thks for the info!

d&c is the day of op, natural is the day the sac flow out. That's how I count.

I believe we all experienced that before. Never wanted AF to report so badly, and wanted to start ttc again soon. So, gonna keep reminding myself that its for our health seek as well. We need to be in good health to carry our rainbow baby in future. Endure! :)

Princessleopard, I totally agree w u. When ttc, we hate to See af but after mc or dnc, just can't wait to See af arrive n make sure everything OK to restart ttc cycle again. I told my gf nvr in my life I ever wish af to come tat desperately.

Is mc bleeding considered d1 of cycle? Or on the day spotting stops then consider d1? Haiz my condition now is nt really spotting and nt bleeding... Wondering isit normal.
Hi that was what happened to me too I had like bleeding which is too much to consider spotting and too little to consider mensus. I went bk again to scan and can't see anything clear but Dr suspect might have some tissue stuck as my hcg still lingering after 3wks from mc. I was given meds to induce then. So finally ytd did a hysteroscopy and gotten rid of a huge piece that was stuck to the wall of the uterus. That's why on the scan looks like part of the lining.
Do monitor and see how you feel also. Like they say everyone's body react differently. Only you will know if something is not right. Take care!

Princessleopard, I totally agree w u. When ttc, we hate to See af but after mc or dnc, just can't wait to See af arrive n make sure everything OK to restart ttc cycle again. I told my gf nvr in my life I ever wish af to come tat desperately.

Ya, life is just so contradicting at times.

d&c is the day of op, natural is the day the sac flow out. That's how I count.

I believe we all experienced that before. Never wanted AF to report so badly, and wanted to start ttc again soon. So, gonna keep reminding myself that its for our health seek as well. We need to be in good health to carry our rainbow baby in future. Endure! :)
Yaya I'm putting in efforts now to bu and tiao my body with tcm and accu these 3 mths hopefully things will turn out well... Thk u ;)

Hi that was what happened to me too I had like bleeding which is too much to consider spotting and too little to consider mensus. I went bk again to scan and can't see anything clear but Dr suspect might have some tissue stuck as my hcg still lingering after 3wks from mc. I was given meds to induce then. So finally ytd did a hysteroscopy and gotten rid of a huge piece that was stuck to the wall of the uterus. That's why on the scan looks like part of the lining.
Do monitor and see how you feel also. Like they say everyone's body react differently. Only you will know if something is not right. Take care!
Hey hazel, hope ur recovering well now... Ya situation now very pek chek, duno how to deal with counting days... Hmm so hcg must rtn to zero within 3 wks for complete mc? 3wks is the benchmark? So when hcg fall to zero, by right bleeding or spotting shd cease ya? Wat is ur hcg level at 3 wks?

I'm not sure what is the benchmark. Like what they say depends on your body. 6 days after the mc at 7weeks I dropped from 10thousand plus to 1300. Then on the 3rd week still 290. So Dr felt it's not dropping fast enough also.
It's difficult to pin point whether hcg drop to zero then af will come cos some pple can even conceive 2 weeks after mc. Our bodies are just strange that way.
I just had a feeling it's not right cos my bleeding is like not spotting also not mensus kind so I wanted to check it out early.

I'm not sure what is the benchmark. Like what they say depends on your body. 6 days after the mc at 7weeks I dropped from 10thousand plus to 1300. Then on the 3rd week still 290. So Dr felt it's not dropping fast enough also.
It's difficult to pin point whether hcg drop to zero then af will come cos some pple can even conceive 2 weeks after mc. Our bodies are just strange that way.
I just had a feeling it's not right cos my bleeding is like not spotting also not mensus kind so I wanted to check it out early.
Oic, my hcg in wk3 which is 24 June is at 80+ alrdy so next wk will bt again... I'm like u! Frm 10k to 1300! Ya strange is the word. Well at least your chapter is closed and u be advancing to a new chapter, I will still continue to monitor my situation. Jiayou jiayou jiayou!

Oic, my hcg in wk3 which is 24 June is at 80+ alrdy so next wk will bt again... I'm like u! Frm 10k to 1300! Ya strange is the word. Well at least your chapter is closed and u be advancing to a new chapter, I will still continue to monitor my situation. Jiayou jiayou jiayou!
Take care and hope your body will recover from all these topsy turvey hormones!

Hi ladies, just confirm that I may have polyp or fibroid and doc recommended me to do hysteroscopy. He said I have a choice, either to ignore it and try or get it remove (which he recommends). I asked if I do this will affect my chance of getting pregnant again, he said he cannot tell me until after surgery. This is a 2nd gynea that I have. How come all of them gave such vague answers?

Anyway, can I ask usually what happens after the surgery is it like DnC? Any food that I cannot take or can take? Can I take TCM again?

Hi ladies, just confirm that I may have polyp or fibroid and doc recommended me to do hysteroscopy. He said I have a choice, either to ignore it and try or get it remove (which he recommends). I asked if I do this will affect my chance of getting pregnant again, he said he cannot tell me until after surgery. This is a 2nd gynea that I have. How come all of them gave such vague answers?

Anyway, can I ask usually what happens after the surgery is it like DnC? Any food that I cannot take or can take? Can I take TCM again?
But is it polyp or fibroid? It's nt like d&c. It's a surgery for me. A key hole. Cox the fibroid fed on all the nutrients when I was preggie and it grew from 2cm to 5cm. I'm petite so better to remove it than to have it blocked my future pregnancy.

It will take u a few weeks to recover. But it depends on the place of ur fibroid they are 3types if I don't rem wrongly. So depends where it's situated in your uterus. Depending on the skills of ur dr then u will know if it will affect ur future pregnancy.

One dr told me I need to do csect kind of op to remove. But lucky I went back to my old Gynae I did a key hole. Else it will really take a longer recovery time.

I'm not sure if it's diff between polyp and fibroid but I think this is something u need to find out before deciding.

Also I don't know why ur gynaes can't give u definite answers. One impt thing u need to know fibroids do come back even after u remove them. Fibroids are non cancerous 95percent of the time.

Many friends had fibroids and didn't remover but went on to have health pregnancies. So it depends on how big it is and location and what ur dr advise. I don't know if u want to seek further opinion because fiboird is very common dr shd be able to give u clear answers. I feel.

Hi chew,

Maybe u can read this. I suggest u find out more. http://www.uterine-fibroids.org/fibroids-polyps.html

There is a difference. Also u need to know u can't ttc immediately after a surgery. My dr was playing safe so I stopped ttc for half a year.
Else I read other ppl only stopped for 3mths. But he was afraid my uterus doesn't fully heal and may tear if I get pregnant.

My friend had fibroid removal and got pregnant the next mth. Then she was on bed rest for first trim. But she has a successful pregnancy though more scares than usual.

From what I understand hysyeroscopy is not a key hole. I just did on Thursday. It's a scope that goes in from your vagina will be able to see the inside through the camera. It depends on what the Dr is going to do after that and whether the fibroid can be removed through the hysteroscope. U might want to inquire further with your Dr.
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/mobileart.asp?articlekey=109265&page=2

From what I understand hysyeroscopy is not a key hole. I just did on Thursday. It's a scope that goes in from your vagina will be able to see the inside through the camera. It depends on what the Dr is going to do after that and whether the fibroid can be removed through the hysteroscope. U might want to inquire further with your Dr.
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/mobileart.asp?articlekey=109265&page=2
Then it's probably better less invasive. Mine is laparoscopic for fibroid.

So I really think to read up more and find out what u are doing
If it's like what hazel says then probably recovery time is like d&c that will be great.

Then it's probably better less invasive. Mine is laparoscopic for fibroid.

So I really think to read up more and find out what u are doing
If it's like what hazel says then probably recovery time is like d&c that will be great.
Yup unless the fibroid is too big to be removed they may want to proceed for laproscopic. Hysteroscope is less invasive and less harmful than d&c as it's under guided vision. It's best for you to discuss with your Dr what's the surgery details and the possible outcome.

Thanks ladies, my gynea referred me to another gynea who is can do the surgery as he himself cannot do the surgery. He said the referred gynea will be able to advice as he will be able to see to condition. I feel like I am going around in circles. One after another. My gynea also said he cannot tell if it's fibroid or polyp when HSG indicate it can be both. He didn't explain more and just push me to this referred gynea. I felt like I am his unwanted patient. Haiz

Sorry need to rant abit here. Just seen gynae today when i thought it shld be 7w1d today according to lmp which gynae counted for me last week but based on size of embryo now is 5w+...i really counted day by day n how i wish can pump oil n give birth liao or now is aft 1st trimester..really the worry is there for those who had mc b4...2mc frighten me ttm n deep breath must continue fighting n jiayou cos nth i can do other than pray for the best n crossing fingers toes n everywhere for best...

Same gynae. According to him b4 that we can only based on lmp when we saw egg yoke n sac. Ytd we saw heartbeat n msansure again from there the size so it shld be 5w+ now. Gynae said now still in early stage we will know more from every scan n it will be more clear from subsequent scan. I was thinking conception late.

I think got to confirm whether its polyp or fibroid, and whether they are growing fast. Is this the first checkup you had?

I had a fibroid in me as well for 2 years+ now. When we first saw it through the scan, its about 1cm. Gynae said its usually harmless and may pass out during AF. So we waited for 3 cycles and scan again. Its still there but did not grow in size. So gynae said leave it for now but monitor closely. Till now, it grow 0.5mm since the very first scan. Gynae say will remove it together when I give birth one day. She said it does not affect ttc for the location it reside.

If doc give vague answers, then perhaps you have to ask them for details.

Back