(2014/08) August 2014

Thanks Danreb for sharing your story with us and all the feedback, really appreciated! Sorry, I am a first time mum, may be very green with alot of stuff....so if we use pump, after pump we still need to transfer to milk bottles for baby to drink right? Noted to buy stroller after delivery, is a good advice! (Thanks SQ_babyU as well). So for your case, from which month onwards, you starts to put baby in stroller?
Hi Jas Jas,

I used avent "natural' to feed my baby so after express will transfer. The teat from medela, i find the hole is big and so it will choke the baby as the flow is fast. Now my baby is 4 months, i just change the teat to only 1 month old cos if baby drink vey fast on bottles when latch on my breast(slow), they will become impatient and then later refused to latch on me.....

Hmm i only start to put baby on stroller about after 2 months. Most of time use carrier or hand carry...

Baby and i enjoy the moment body together... Even i also encourage my huddy to carry bay to build bond....

Going for detailed scan tomorrow, pray that everything goes well.

I can't help having Prof Ananda's words lingering in my head 'even if harmony test turns out well for you, it is redundant in your case.'

Praying for healing everyday, that my baby will be a testament of God's healing and a child with a heart for God.

I seek prayers from all mommies if you have a little moment for my baby as well, thank you so much!

I can't help having Prof Ananda's words lingering in my head 'even if harmony test turns out well for you, it is redundant in your case.'

Praying for healing everyday, that my baby will be a testament of God's healing and a child with a heart for God.

I seek prayers from all mommies if you have a little moment for my baby as well, thank you so much!
I just came back from Dr Ananda today.. I thought he was very nice and detailed! he thought my little Beanie was looking perfectly normal and advised against an amnio, telling me not to stick a needle into my belly and look for any trouble when everything seems fine. I'll discuss with hubs tonight but unlikely I'll be going for my amnio tomorrow! I hope you will have good results too!! I've been eaten up the whole week since my detailed scan at kkh! Good luck to you!

I just came back from Dr Ananda today.. I thought he was very nice and detailed! he thought my little Beanie was looking perfectly normal and advised against an amnio, telling me not to stick a needle into my belly and look for any trouble when everything seems fine. I'll discuss with hubs tonight but unlikely I'll be going for my amnio tomorrow! I hope you will have good results too!! I've been eaten up the whole week since my detailed scan at kkh! Good luck to you!

Good to hear that everything turns our normal! Enjoy your pregnancy journey from now ya..

Waiwish... praying all well for ur baby for tomorrow detailed scan.

How come need amnio after detail scan??

How come need amnio after detail scan??
After my detailed scan with kkh, they suspected a heart defect.. and usually, heart problems are soft markers for a few chromosomal syndromes.. so my gynae advised on going for amnio.. which I really wasn't keen on.. so I went to Prof ananda for a second opinion..

Hi Jas Jas,

I used avent "natural' to feed my baby so after express will transfer. The teat from medela, i find the hole is big and so it will choke the baby as the flow is fast. Now my baby is 4 months, i just change the teat to only 1 month old cos if baby drink vey fast on bottles when latch on my breast(slow), they will become impatient and then later refused to latch on me.....

Hmm i only start to put baby on stroller about after 2 months. Most of time use carrier or hand carry...

Baby and i enjoy the moment body together... Even i also encourage my huddy to carry bay to build bond....
Hi Danreb, thanks for sharing with me ;)

I bought my cot b4 delivery coz fair got sale. but my sticky fella doesn't want sleep in the cot, put down only cry, need to carry to sleep, so in the end co-sleeps with us on our bed. so mostly use the cot as a change table for the first few mths nia. when he started rolling at ard 3-4mths, the whole family move to sleep on tilam on the floor instead coz scared he roll off the bed. the cot has been unused since.

now I've thrown away my bed frame & whole family sleep on those 8" mattress on the floor. at least not so painful if he rolls off the bed.

I think my case abit extreme coz my boy has been extremely difficult. super high need baby. I'm praying hard #2 won't be so sticky & fussy...
Hi kopibeanie, thanks for sharing with me. Guess I don't have to spend too much on baby cot and the Manduca carrier sounds good, I will look out for it ;)

V happy to hear the good news @waiwish! I oso just had my detailed scan yesterday n was thinking of u as well. I like my doc Abigail at Novena med center, no nonsense and calming so the session went well.

So many ladies having girls! Anyone having little boy like me :)?

V happy to hear the good news @waiwish! I oso just had my detailed scan yesterday n was thinking of u as well. I like my doc Abigail at Novena med center, no nonsense and calming so the session went well.

So many ladies having girls! Anyone having little boy like me :)?

Hi Seaturtle, I am having little prince, same like you ;) I am 24wks now, but I still don't feel any kicks and punches...:( What about you?

Hi Seaturtle, I am having little prince, same like you ;) I am 24wks now, but I still don't feel any kicks and punches...:( What about you?

Hi @Jas Jas, yeah glad that we can start a little prince club oso! I have been feeling mini kicks and punches since week 16, but I think this is likely cos I've got a sensitive body. I read that if this is your first baby then you might not feel it so quickly. Maybe my muscles lax also so can feel more ha ha.

Have you tried lying down at night and feeling for kicks around uterus and lower abdomen area? It feels like gas bubbles, or can be relatively strong kicks if kick near bladder or side.

Hi Seaturtle....welcome to little prince club...hee :p Yes, this is my first baby. I just went for my appointment yesterday, Dr said it could be my abdomen skin is thick, that's why I still can't feel the kicks till now and she said is fine. Yes, I do feel some gas bubbles and funny feeling inside but I am not sure if they kicks and punches....Well, I am looking forward to feel it ;) I have put on 5.4kg so far, is this consider ok? Some of my colleagues still don't know I am pregnant...haha

Ha ha i think you are feeling your little one already just that you didn't think to associate the funny feelings and gas bubbles to him! The gas bubbles occur lower in uterus so you know it can't be those stomach wind. It feels like gentle punches/thumps also. You see if you can put your hand over where the gas bubbles are, I can feel his hand (or leg) when the bubbles occur so I associated this with him.

I have a bloating issue, somehow still bloated in 2nd trimester likely due to slow digestion and constipation. I have put on about 6 kg as well, and if I wear loosely cannot tell preggie too. I also asked doctor yesterday whether my tummy small but he said it's average sized so not to worry ha ha.

Going for my detailed scan later.. Hope everything will go well.. =)
I am having little prince too.. =P
My little prince seems to get really active since last week, been feeling some movement and taps.. At 1st, I thought could be stomach gas, but after a few times, I am quite positive it's him communicating with me.. hahah..

Hi Seaturtle, actually the kicks is more like knocking feeling is it? Wow...you can feel his hand or leg, that's great!! Hope to feel it soon...hee

The problem I have since 1 month ago is numb fingers, all my fingers turn numb, stiff and a bit swollen (like water retention)....it's like burning feeling and it's painful. I ask Dr and she said nothing can be done, no medicine for me to eat and apply, so I have to bear with the pain till delivery :confused: I google for this problem and it's says that this is so called "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" and it is common during pregnancy which will be recovered by itself after delivery. Anyone having this problem as well? Any temporary cure to it?

My little prince seems to get really active since last week, been feeling some movement and taps.. At 1st, I thought could be stomach gas, but after a few times, I am quite positive it's him communicating with me.. hahah..
Welcome to our prince club ;) Wish you all the best to your detailed scan later, everything will be fine :)

Hi Seaturtle, actually the kicks is more like knocking feeling is it? Wow...you can feel his hand or leg, that's great!! Hope to feel it soon...hee

The problem I have since 1 month ago is numb fingers, all my fingers turn numb, stiff and a bit swollen (like water retention)....it's like burning feeling and it's painful. I ask Dr and she said nothing can be done, no medicine for me to eat and apply, so I have to bear with the pain till delivery :confused: I google for this problem and it's says that this is so called "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" and it is common during pregnancy which will be recovered by itself after delivery. Anyone having this problem as well? Any temporary cure to it?

Hi Jas I have swollen feet and ankles. If press harder will have indentations. Mine is water retention, not sure if it's the same as yours? Gynae said he isn't that concerned if blood pressure ok.

I googled and tried these remedies to reduce water retention:

a) Reduce sodium intake - try to eat less processed food
b) drink plenty of water - i increase my intake of water and sometimes add lemon slices to boost immunity.
c) eat banana for potassium - i read that increasing potassium can help balance out sodium in body. But I try not to eat banana daily as it's quite sweet and fattening
d) prop legs up at night to help blood flow back to heart

Carpal tunnel is even more painful - please be careful cos hands are delicate. Also try not to type too much as this will exert pressure on the wrists. Hope you feel better soon Jas!

Hi Mummies, I'm new here. Nice to meet your all. I'm in 23week, baby is very active in movement ...it's my 2nd baby boy. Cheer & wish to get share :)

Hi, it shall be all right. Cheer & all the best

Ha ha i think you are feeling your little one already just that you didn't think to associate the funny feelings and gas bubbles to him! The gas bubbles occur lower in uterus so you know it can't be those stomach wind. It feels like gentle punches/thumps also. You see if you can put your hand over where the gas bubbles are, I can feel his hand (or leg) when the bubbles occur so I associated this with him.

I have a bloating issue, somehow still bloated in 2nd trimester likely due to slow digestion and constipation. I have put on about 6 kg as well, and if I wear loosely cannot tell preggie too. I also asked doctor yesterday whether my tummy small but he said it's average sized so not to worry ha ha.

I have bloating problem too. Esp during meals, kept burping and some "baby gas". My relatives too commented my tummy seems small and if people din really take a close look, they wouldn't know I am preggy.. Now coming 20weeks. So far put on 3kg counting from my weight lost during 1st tri.

Last Sunday I went shopping with my cousin who is only 2 days earlier than me. We both conceived around the same period. I realised her tummy is definitely bigger than mine.. was wondering if its becos she has no issue eating since day 1 of her pregnancy where I cannot eat at all till week 16. Told my mom abt it as I was feeling emo.. she mentioned is becos she has a bigger built than me. And it doesn't mean that bigger tummy = bigger baby..

so far all my scans and bb size is on chart and I may be over thinking once again.. cannot help to be paranoid as I waited for this baby for 5 yrs.

@shirleyten and @babykangarOo - I also have the same apprehension. My stomach looks small when my bloating goes down. But if gynae said bb is on track, then I think we don't focus on it too much k.

I read online and also my mum told me that usually first bb the stomach is smaller. She was still able to wear her jeans in her 5th month when preggy with me. So I took comfort in that!

I also waited for bb for 5 years coincidentally :), ha ha @shirleyten we can join Fann Wong and Christopher Lee club liao!

Sound comforting. :) you are right, so long as baby is growing well inside, who cares about tummy size.

By the way, will you girls be buying most of the stuff from the coming baby fair? Mum kept telling me it's too early to start shopping. *so frustrating as I can't wait to shop*. All those cute little rompers, tiny little mittens, awwwww.....
Guess I will just focus on baby cot and some small items? Am not sure what to get too. So many things. Haha.

Cos I think the next very big baby fair will be in midAug right?

Lolz.. yay! I wonder if she is having a prince or princess. .

I think my tummy is in between. . Not big enough to let ppl realised I am preg! But big enough to see it as a big fat tummy. Lolz. I have colleague couldn't tell I am 23 weeks preg! So sad.. I must have look so fat then.. sob sob.

@babykangarOo - where is this fair actually? I also hesitant to shop now cos felt it's a bit early, but my fren cautioned against shopping in 3rd trimester as tummy would be very big and we will be relatively not so mobile.

I really clueless what to get also. I also on the other hand hope pple will hand me down some things so I don't have to splurge and buy. Want to save $$ and also I heard bbs grow very fast so also pointless to spend too much.

@shirleyten maybe it's your dressing lah, you wear those shapely clothes which cling to your curves and I think pple can tell you preggy already! Most people also think I got tummy (cos I got tummy for a long time) so they only could tell when I started wearing more shapely clothes heh heh.

I'm also going for my detailed scan tmrw!

Anyone following the mummy's market updates? They just updated that the Medela Freestyle with local warranty is going for $699 at the fair next week. Experienced mummies - what do you think?

@babykangarOo - I'm gonna get the cot, stroller/infant car seat and maternity/nursing wear at the fair. Don't want to bother about buying these items nearer EDD.

I've already bought onesies during old navy and carter's sale!!! Hehehehe.. Too cute to resist!!!! I bought 12-18m sizes.. Haha!

@babykangarOo - where is this fair actually? I also hesitant to shop now cos felt it's a bit early, but my fren cautioned against shopping in 3rd trimester as tummy would be very big and we will be relatively not so mobile.

I really clueless what to get also. I also on the other hand hope pple will hand me down some things so I don't have to splurge and buy. Want to save $$ and also I heard bbs grow very fast so also pointless to spend too much.

@shirleyten maybe it's your dressing lah, you wear those shapely clothes which cling to your curves and I think pple can tell you preggy already! Most people also think I got tummy (cos I got tummy for a long time) so they only could tell when I started wearing more shapely clothes heh heh.
Hehehe... true la.. I don't wear body hugging clothes de.. thats what DH says.. always wear so loose.. who will know I preg. Lolz

I'm also going for my detailed scan tmrw!

Anyone following the mummy's market updates? They just updated that the Medela Freestyle with local warranty is going for $699 at the fair next week. Experienced mummies - what do you think?

@babykangarOo - I'm gonna get the cot, stroller/infant car seat and maternity/nursing wear at the fair. Don't want to bother about buying these items nearer EDD.

I've already bought onesies during old navy and carter's sale!!! Hehehehe.. Too cute to resist!!!! I bought 12-18m sizes.. Haha!

Enjoy the scan! Intense yet satisfying. Lolz.. this also means tomorrow is ur bb gender confirmation day! Haha..

I am also gonna get alot of things during fair too. Probably will be there for many hours.. I started buying clothes for my princess. . Gotta start somewhere. . So slowly buy..

@queeensg - which brand of cot are you getting? I also thinking of getting a new cot instead of hand me down as at least I want something new for bb heh heh.

Infant car seat - my friend is selling her old one. Good condition, pm me if interested k. I got mine from my SIL who gave me hers so I don't have to buy. Yeah!

Stroller - I remember @danreb said sometimes bb might not like the stroller, so I think I bring bb to shop next time maybe better.

Can't resist those cute little stuff for our little ones right?
I have been trying very hard to control myself from buying stuff.. Lol!
Some of my friends also said stroller can buy after bb is born because bb might not like it so bring bb to shop better.

@shirleyten - OK I was too excited. I meant Friday!! Haha!!
Haha.. Can your hubs tahan the many hours? Mine warned me to go in and just buy what I need and get out. So I'm making notes of the booth and what brand/model exactly to buy. Hence doing research now!

@Seaturtle that one havent decided. Have to go to the fair and look see. My hubs and in laws are quite picky about the quality of cot so they want to see and touch.

I'm going to go for the quinny zapp xtra and maxi cosi bundle. They are having a bundle deal at the fair.

True abt the stroller.. But if no stroller, how to bring baby out to shop? Heh. Anyway its our first kid so anything not used will be kept until the next one comes along!

Last edited:

Counting the weeks (our average 20-24weeks) we hit the midway marked already ladies! Still can't believe its happening.

This coming fair will be at expo 18-20Apr. I heard last year's was a super long Q in. Guessing this year will be worst as it coincide with Good Friday.

My gf also tell me not to get too many newborn size. So I think I will get 3m+ or 6m+. So maybe if there are pass down clothes, will just let baby wear at home.
Baby bottle I am thinking to get the Avent bundle which comes with sterilizer.

Back