IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hazel, dr hhtan said your gf's 2 cell embryo chances are slim huh? Odd, the embryologist and Dr S transferred a 2 cell embryo for me. Said the shape of the embryo looks good. They decided to transfer the 2-cell embryo together with the normal developing 8-cell. Didn't even ask me abt it which is ok for me. When I asked the embryologist later, she said 2-cells can also grow.

Portia3, I started testing 9dp3dt. Been testing every 2-3 day interval. U even more ON! U must hv lots of hpts on standby.
D11 after ER sounds late for implantation bleeding so if u see any more spotting or heavier discharge, go to clinic n get additional support. Re your idea, understand where u r coming from. If u feel the need to do a BT on tues to get an early result, just go ahead. Else if can tahan, just wait for your BT on fri.

Ron, implantation bleeding can be as late as d11? Thot it would be soon after the embryo hatch out n find a place to imbleed on the womb lining?

Portia, go ahead with your idea. Whatever it is we all need to take charge - but do remember that implantation can be as late as day11 (they say lah), so while its good to be prepared for thr results on d15 if you chose that path, hang in there until you get the KKH results before you go whack the pineappke tarts and Coke. Do chose a GP or clinic that can do same day tests ya. Some need to send their bloods to another centre and takes 2-3 days. Hang in there.. good luck.
Hi Ron,

Thank you for the support! :)

I read that implantation can be between 6-12 days after ovulation (I.e. Should be latest by today, 10dp2dt) and aware that the hcg will only be generated 2-3 days later for detection in beta. Hence the decision to do a beta on this coming Tuesday.

Regardless of the results I get on Tuesday, I will heed yr advice n steer off the soft drinks and tidbits till my beta with KKH. I am now keeping my fingers crossed. I just found a tiny streak of blood again among the thick waxy white discharge from the progesterone pills when I wipe (tmi, I know... Sorri.) I just hope this is not something I need to be alarm about. Will keep an eye on this....

Portia3, I started testing 9dp3dt. Been testing every 2-3 day interval. U even more ON! U must hv lots of hpts on standby.
D11 after ER sounds late for implantation bleeding so if u see any more spotting or heavier discharge, go to clinic n get additional support. Re your idea, understand where u r coming from. If u feel the need to do a BT on tues to get an early result, just go ahead. Else if can tahan, just wait for your BT on fri.

Lol....

Yes, pumpkin_pie. I have 4 different types of HPT of different quantity in my bathroom cabinet waiting for me everyday. A number of them are those high sensitivity 10miu/ml tiny sticks that u stick into a cup of urine. I have a box of 2 FRER that is suppose to measure 12.5 miu/ml , 2 boxes of 2 CB digital that is suppose to have a sensitivity of 25 miu/ml n tell you how many weeks pregnant and lastly, 1 PC of CB normal pregnancy kit that can only be used after missing the period.:eek::p:D

I am going to 'knicker-watch' closely from now on since I hv found minor spotting n a little streak of blood when I wipe. I also started feeling a dull ach in the middle below the belly button and felt some pinches n pulls since yesterday. I just hope it is not signs of AF.:( Will remember yr advice to go down to KKH if things worsens.

Hazel, dr hhtan said your gf's 2 cell embryo chances are slim huh? Odd, the embryologist and Dr S transferred a 2 cell embryo for me. Said the shape of the embryo looks good. They decided to transfer the 2-cell embryo together with the normal developing 8-cell. Didn't even ask me abt it which is ok for me. When I asked the embryologist later, she said 2-cells can also grow.

Urs was a fresh cycle? My gf's was a FET. The 2 embyro were not growing v well after thawing. She was supposed to transfer on a monday, but was told to go bk n return the next day. One didn't make it. For The remaining one, the cells have died to leave on 2 cells... not sure how many cells it began w.

During the thawing process, cells will die, but the existing living cells must show signs of growing. Ie, splitting to replace died cells. For hers, cells died n left 2 cells... so on the look of it chance maybe slim. But in an womb environment, maybe more conducive for the cells to grow. Coz 6000 bhcg reading is a strong n stable pregnancy.

Early stage of pregnancy not so quick to detect. Dun throw the kit away immediately after testing. Check at 15 n 30 mins interval.

Good luck!

Hi Evalove,

I admire your ability to hold out till your BT day. I started testing on 4 dpt to see if the pregnyl hcg was still present ion my system and since it was negative, I decided to test everyday from then on.

I can't deal with the suspense and unknown very well. Hence, I rather test everyday and tell myself that it is still early, things may change the next day and put it at the back of my head before enjoying the rest of the day. This has worked for me so far but I think by this coming Tuesday (12dp2dt or 14 days past retrieval), I am going to walk in to a GP clinic to get them to do a Beta for me.

By then, the results should be as accurate as can be. If it is a BFP, I will know my HCG count and can compare it to the next one on Friday (15dp2dt) by KKIVF. If it is a BFN, at least I will have some time to grief, and get over my disappointment in the last 5 days of my hospitalisation leave before I plan for the next round and get back to work.

I know this sounds like a mad idea. But I rather feel I have some control on this than to let the results hit me like a brick on the coming Friday.

Hi portia3,
Just do what feels right for u yah. And may u succeed in this cycle. <3

Portia, sounds like u hv done your homework on the implantation timing. Lol, u really hv A LOT of hpts. Jia you!! Wish u luck this cycle!

Hazel, mine's FET this time too. Hv 2 embryos which r 4-cell. They thawed the day b4 ET. 1 was growing well to become a 8-cell on ET day. For the other, 2cells died after thawing to become a 2-cell like your gf. They decided to transfer both which surprised me.

Early stage of pregnancy not so quick to detect. Dun throw the kit away immediately after testing. Check at 15 n 30 mins interval.

Good luck!
Thanks, jklim

The HPT I am using tells me to disregard any result after 10 minutes though.... I suppose, different kits, different instructions?

Hi portia3,
Just do what feels right for u yah. And may u succeed in this cycle. <3

Thanks, Evalove, for the well wishes.

I may hv to deviate from my initial plan, depending on what happens between today n tomorrow morning. If the spotting maintains or becomes heavier, I may turn up in KKH tomorrow morning instead.

I will do what I can on this journey. But I also believe that if it is meant to be, it will be. I will leave it in God's hand on the outcome of this journey.

Portia, sounds like u hv done your homework on the implantation timing. Lol, u really hv A LOT of hpts. Jia you!! Wish u luck this cycle!

Hazel, mine's FET this time too. Hv 2 embryos which r 4-cell. They thawed the day b4 ET. 1 was growing well to become a 8-cell on ET day. For the other, 2cells died after thawing to become a 2-cell like your gf. They decided to transfer both which surprised me.

Pumpkin_pie,

You will think I am mad.... I spent more than a hundred dollars on the test kits. But what's a $100 if one of it can give you the good news of a BFP? :)

On the day of my ET, I was told by the embryologist that other than the 2 transferred, I hv another two still under observation on that day. I still dunno what is the outcome. They will only give me the report when I go back for my beta. I hope they are good enough for freezing. Crossing my fingers on this too...

Vivine,

Any signs or symptoms on your side? Do you have good vibes for this cycle? I hope all goes well for u n both of us can have the good news together this coming week.

Good luck!

Happy new year sisters. Tomorrow lap. Worried.

Hi mesara,

Dun worry too much. It will go smoothly tomorrow. I had a myomectomy done 6 months ago to remove 2 fibroids too. Had to stay 3 days in KKH. But alls well now n I am on my first cycle of ivf.

Jia you!

Vivine,

Any signs or symptoms on your side? Do you have good vibes for this cycle? I hope all goes well for u n both of us can have the good news together this coming week.

Good luck!

Portia3, no symptom at all these two days, very quiet again....
Dun noe the two little beans are still survive or not .....haizzz
I read online, it says that if got pregnant, the breast will enlarge and swell ... I dun have these two symptoms too
Not much hope on it....
Ya let's pray for each other and go through this tough period together

Any sisters here prone to cyst and taken dhea? A relative has cyst issue but seems like poor ovarian reserves and was recommended DHEA to see if it can improve her situation. She is worried it may bring back the cyst.

I nv throw away the used hpt previously i will date them n store them in a box. I will compare the darkness of the line day to day. Also i find cheap hpt such as guardian brands work better than clear blue. The red line is clearer n sharper than the light blue clear blue hpt.

My gf is a gen Y sahm.

Thanks, Evalove, for the well wishes.

I may hv to deviate from my initial plan, depending on what happens between today n tomorrow morning. If the spotting maintains or becomes heavier, I may turn up in KKH tomorrow morning instead.

I will do what I can on this journey. But I also believe that if it is meant to be, it will be. I will leave it in God's hand on the outcome of this journey.

Hi portia3,
Yes, pls pls monitor dear. But let me caution u that my spotting for the last cycle lasted for 2 stressful months eventho I was pregnant and BT was positive. Though I'm super worried cos never had it before during my last bfp, Dr Tan said that it's normal for us IVFers. Everyone's body is different and react differently to meds. When is ure BT date? Im gg down to Kkh for my usual pre-natal appt this Wed. Sorry, I think I missed it when I was reading the posts.

Portia3, no symptom at all these two days, very quiet again....
Dun noe the two little beans are still survive or not .....haizzz
I read online, it says that if got pregnant, the breast will enlarge and swell ... I dun have these two symptoms too
Not much hope on it....
Ya let's pray for each other and go through this tough period together

Hi vivine,
Not to worry if there's no symptoms as no two women are alike. I don't have any other symptoms too except for late spottings. Praying and rooting for u yah. What's impt is u get the support from everyone ard u during this mind-boggling week. :)

Hi vivine,
Not to worry if there's no symptoms as no two women are alike. I don't have any other symptoms too except for late spottings. Praying and rooting for u yah. What's impt is u get the support from everyone ard u during this mind-boggling week. :)

Thank you , Evalove.

Evalove, I hope everything goes smoothly for u. It must be a rollercoaster ride of emotions for you in that 2 months... I can't imagine going thru that... Probably hv a breakdown from knicker watching!!! Thanks for all the advice n reassurance. It really helps in situation like this.

Vivine, dun worry too much. Evalove is right. None of us is alike in our symptoms. No symptoms may be a good sign too. It may mean that everything is going smoothly for u.

Thanks jklim for the luteal phase explanation. Roughly know how it works now. It's officially end of Cny for me, no more visiting. No need see relatives already. Been eating without discipline during past few days, giving myself treats before fet. Hopefully a healthy horse bb for me...guess this is the last month for trying a horse bb...

By end march get pregnant, will deliver by dec. 2015 cny is late, near end feb. So as long as deliver before 2015 cny is technically still a horse that means, get pregnant by may 2014! Ho ho

No need to matter abt bazi, the dates tt the zodiac animals change vary from year to year, depending when li chun is. Needs to look at tong shi to know exact dates for 2015.

Just go by the lunar year of the zodiac animal will do.

Hi ladies,

Looks like I may be out of this cycle soon... :(

My spotting has become heavier n resembles the start of AF with fresh blood flow. Doc has prescribed some med which my DH is going to collect on behalf. BT has also been moved forward to this Wednesday.

I am not holding onto any hopes any more. Good luck to all out there who are getting yr beta this week. Share yr good news n remember to share some of that bb dusts with me of you get a BFP.

Hi ladies,

Looks like I may be out of this cycle soon... :(

My spotting has become heavier n resembles the start of AF with fresh blood flow. Doc has prescribed some med which my DH is going to collect on behalf. BT has also been moved forward to this Wednesday.

I am not holding onto any hopes any more. Good luck to all out there who are getting yr beta this week. Share yr good news n remember to share some of that bb dusts with me of you get a BFP.

When was your last period ? Just don't give up.

Hi all, I did my BT early this morning at 7.30am. Just got a call from the kkivf nurse to confirm my pregnancy. Beta count 1087 at D18 post ET. Spreading bb dust to all who are in 2ww, in the midst of cycle or starting cycle soon in feb/mar! JY!

Hi ladies,

I had my second luteal phase BT today. Both my estrogen and progesterone levels dropped but my doctor indicates it's still in the normal range.

Does anyone has a drop in these 2 hormones and still get a bfp? Am a little worried for my Beta on Saturday.

Tks dearies. Just to share, for both my BFPs, I took red date tea (powder packet type from supermarkets), wear socks daily to keep tummy warm, took red bean soup a couple of times b4 ET to thicken my lining.
1st BFP, no Tcm help. Only took Tcm herbs after I was pregnant.
2nd BFP, my lining was ok without Tcm help (cos I visited my Tcm dr only after I started my jan cycle). I started taking Tcm herbs after ET. Hope these info will be helpful.

Sarah, my Tcm dr is tan siew buoy located at Chinatown. She doesn't do accupunture n only prescribe herbs for us to brew at home. So I didn't do accupunture or take Tcm powder.

Hi all, I did my BT early this morning at 7.30am. Just got a call from the kkivf nurse to confirm my pregnancy. Beta count 1087 at D18 post ET. Spreading bb dust to all who are in 2ww, in the midst of cycle or starting cycle soon in feb/mar! JY!

Congratulation to you pumpkin_pie. Did you do Hpt before your BT?

Vivine, tks! Yes I'm also the type who want to be mentally prepared n impatient. I did a total of 5 hpts at 1-2 day intervals. All show faint 2nd line. Tested at 9dp3dt, 11dp, 13dpt, 14dpt, 15dpt. Had 5 sticks so just use up all.

Vivine, tks! Yes I'm also the type who want to be mentally prepared n impatient. I did a total of 5 hpts at 1-2 day intervals. All show faint 2nd line. Tested at 9dp3dt, 11dp, 13dpt, 14dpt, 15dpt. Had 5 sticks so just use up all.

Oh you monitor very tightly. Do you have any symptoms to share during 2wwwith us ? What else did you eat daily during 2ww?

Vivine, I bought 5 sticks. So just spread the testing out. Haha..
I ate normally during the whole period, even the 2ww.
I feel slight bloatness and burping daily starting day after ET. Felt some odd twitching in my tummy on 1-2 occasion in the 1st week. Felt a little dizzy once in 1st week. I don't hv all these symptoms normally. On 9dp3dt, the burping intensified which I recall could be my pregnancy symptom. That's y I tested earlier. Originally planned to test 11dp. In 2nd week, I had af feeling 2-3 times so went to toilet to make sure no spotting/af. Lucky no af. That's all my symptoms. Burping was the most obvious for me.

For my 1st BFP, I had no symptoms. Perhaps I wasn't so aware of my body then. But I really don't recall any symptoms. No bloatness or burping. My burping started in the later part of 1st trimester. So don't worry if u hv no symptoms. Can still BFP!

Vivine, I bought 5 sticks. So just spread the testing out. Haha..
I ate normally during the whole period, even the 2ww.
I feel slight bloatness and burping daily starting day after ET. Felt some odd twitching in my tummy on 1-2 occasion in the 1st week. Felt a little dizzy once in 1st week. I don't hv all these symptoms normally. On 9dp3dt, the burping intensified which I recall could be my pregnancy symptom. That's y I tested earlier. Originally planned to test 11dp. In 2nd week, I had af feeling 2-3 times so went to toilet to make sure no spotting/af. Lucky no af. That's all my symptoms. Burping was the most obvious for me.

For my 1st BFP, I had no symptoms. Perhaps I wasn't so aware of my body then. But I really don't recall any symptoms. No bloatness or burping. My burping started in the later part of 1st trimester. So don't worry if u hv no symptoms. Can still BFP!

Pumpin_pie thank you for sharing with us.

Back