IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sorry to hear that missyz... Are you gg to try another rd? Have u thought of trying acupuncture or visit sinseh for advice? I read that it might be useful to tiao your body..
hi_mei: will kkh update us on the frozen embryo status? Will progesterone delay our period? I hope your AF doesn't come too! I think my AF supposed to come this Sunday. No AF symptoms, no bloating no nothing... Shall enjoy my weekend without thinking too much!

I think if they told u frozen alr then it shd be frozen. Safe alr :) It's because for me the remaining embryo has v fast growth so they thought it is not normal and wanted to grow it to blastocyst to check that it is viable. Yeah progesterone supposed to delay the period/stop it. Enjoy your weekend :) i am gonna just keep entertaining myself throughout weekend. Yesterday went out for oktoberfest then everyone enjoying their beer, I drink coke, haha!

thanks for the reply. So I think I need to wait for few more days for the af to come. Now having stomach cramp which is not very comfortable. Haih..

Hi sisters, may I know the injection is it start from day2 onward? I m just worry that my day 2 will fall on Sunday and will not be able to catch oct cycle..

I have not encountered this, but if u realise ur day 2 is on a Sun mb u call on day 1 and ask whether u can come down on day 1 instead? Cuz day 1 wld then be a Sat shd not be too inconvenient for u to come down rite? Or mb the Nurse can advise u if u can come on Mon instead.

Hi ladies, anyone here experience negative HPT but have positive beta?
I am at 11dp3dt. Tested negative in clearblue 99% accuracy HPT. Min detection 50miu

Believeinjesus: how are you doing? Any symptom?
Not much. Just feel really really really exhausted and keep dozing off during the day. Think its the side effect of the pearl or the HCG shot.
Cramp here and there but nothing very exciting. Feel like a chicken sitting over her eggs. *yawn*

hi all, im in 6dp5dt, am having cramp pain badly nw so i tink my 3rd attempt fail again. im giving up, nt gg to try anymre so u al tk care n hope u al wil bfp!

hi all, im in 6dp5dt, am having cramp pain badly nw so i tink my 3rd attempt fail again. im giving up, nt gg to try anymre so u al tk care n hope u al wil bfp!

Hi Jasbran, there is still hope until BT. I know the journey is tiring and full of ups and downs and u have been very strong thus far. Hugs, all the best!

Hi gals, I've failed my cycle. Super sad now. Yest morn got spotting afternoon got heavier spotting and a bit of dark bleeding. So I went to O&G to have a check in the evening. They don't allow BT as protocol is to do on 14th day onwards but mine is only on the 13th. Did a scan, told me its old blood and my cervix seems closed- meaning AF shld not be here yet. Gave me some support pills (total bill was $130+!). When I got home the flow was heavier and this morn think its full fledged already. Sighhhhhh. My hopes are dashed. Gg tmr morning to see if I can do early BT. My scheduled BT is on wed.

Does anyone know when I can start on my frozen cycle?
Thinking of gg to see sinseh for acupuncture, anyone know of any good ones?

And my AF cramps are v v bad today. Wonder if this is caused by all the meds

Hi mbbhopeful, sorry to hear abt this. Hugs. Go for the BT tmr bah, better to check cuz there are ladies who BFP even with red bleeding.

This cycle I did acupuncture with Dr Zou, AMK block 505. She seems qt popular with forum ladies and when I consult her she is nice and kind and can give u a lot of info about the IVF process. Qt comfortable with her, but as for her skills i am not sure how much she can help as I am trying her for the first time. Normally she will ask u to do acupuncture twice a week during stim, more frequent when approaching egg retrieval, then after transfer do another 3 times. So far I did notice for the cycle with her, my follicle response was better (though likely due to change of meds too!) and also lining thicker.

No matter what is the outcome for BT tmr, we must be confident we can be mothers one day :) Jia you!

Sorry to hear that missyz... Are you gg to try another rd? Have u thought of trying acupuncture or visit sinseh for advice? I read that it might be useful to tiao your body..
hi_mei: will kkh update us on the frozen embryo status? Will progesterone delay our period? I hope your AF doesn't come too! I think my AF supposed to come this Sunday. No AF symptoms, no bloating no nothing... Shall enjoy my weekend without thinking too much!
Yes dear I am going for fresh cycle since I hv no more frosties. I am under tcm n hv been taking powder meds for e last 3 mths. Will continue, my tcm dr say I dun need acupuncture, heng cz I am afraid of needles. I am seeing dr Su at bukit batok.

I'm sorry tt u see red, I am still waiting for my menses. Still missing n no cramps. Der is no theory when u can re try for fresh, for me I waited for 3 mths to take a break n catch up with myself. But now I'm nt gonna wait anymore, will plan for e next round soon.
U take care ;)

Hi all, I am new here and I did my first icsi-ivf. Tmr is my scheduled blood test to check whether I am preggy or not but yesterday I started bleeding. Now I am experiencing cramps. Should I go to KKH right now?

Hey babe don't give up yet! It's really too early in yr cycle to tell for sure. If really fail, give yourself a break and try a fresh cycle again. *hug* I know it's hard to keep positive. Maybe don't think abt doing ART for the next few months then reevaluate yr choices.

Hi all, I am new here and I did my first icsi-ivf. Tmr is my scheduled blood test to check whether I am preggy or not but yesterday I started bleeding. Now I am experiencing cramps. Should I go to KKH right now?

I think it is good to go KKH to check today. They can do an earlier BT. Good luck!

Can anyone introduce a good private fertility doctor??? Thank you

Hi I have tried Dr Loh SF before and did SO IUI with him. He is reputable and I felt he was very experienced. He is qt direct, just told me to go for IVF straightaway as my hubby's sperm count not good. Wld have stayed with him except that I don't have much money hence better to do IVF at KKH.

Hi mbbhopeful, sorry to hear abt this. Hugs. Go for the BT tmr bah, better to check cuz there are ladies who BFP even with red bleeding.

This cycle I did acupuncture with Dr Zou, AMK block 505. She seems qt popular with forum ladies and when I consult her she is nice and kind and can give u a lot of info about the IVF process. Qt comfortable with her, but as for her skills i am not sure how much she can help as I am trying her for the first time. Normally she will ask u to do acupuncture twice a week during stim, more frequent when approaching egg retrieval, then after transfer do another 3 times. So far I did notice for the cycle with her, my follicle response was better (though likely due to change of meds too!) and also lining thicker.

No matter what is the outcome for BT tmr, we must be confident we can be mothers one day :) Jia you!
Thanks hi_mei, I went to search based on your info. Dr zou seems quite popular I will try him next week. Is the q always v long n slow? No hope for BT tmr liao. Just wana do an earlier review with doc, maybe she can analyse and improve my next cycle. I seriously hope u can bfp! There are too many sad news in this thread

Yes dear I am going for fresh cycle since I hv no more frosties. I am under tcm n hv been taking powder meds for e last 3 mths. Will continue, my tcm dr say I dun need acupuncture, heng cz I am afraid of needles. I am seeing dr Su at bukit batok.

I'm sorry tt u see red, I am still waiting for my menses. Still missing n no cramps. Der is no theory when u can re try for fresh, for me I waited for 3 mths to take a break n catch up with myself. But now I'm nt gonna wait anymore, will plan for e next round soon.
U take care ;)
Thanks Missyz, actually I used to see dr Su for abt 2mths. Stopped as it was too far for me.
Oh really no restrictions on when to start? Okok thanks maybe I stop for a mth to rest n tiao

Thanks hi_mei, I went to search based on your info. Dr zou seems quite popular I will try him next week. Is the q always v long n slow? No hope for BT tmr liao. Just wana do an earlier review with doc, maybe she can analyse and improve my next cycle. I seriously hope u can bfp! There are too many sad news in this thread

Thanks! Still waiting for Fri BT but not hopeful. Dr Zou is a lady :) her queue is long on sat and sun but I think weekdays not so many ppl. She opens til 9pm on weekdays except close on Wed. She charges $30 per acupuncture session. Hope u can enjoy success :)

Hi gals, I've failed my cycle. Super sad now. Yest morn got spotting afternoon got heavier spotting and a bit of dark bleeding. So I went to O&G to have a check in the evening. They don't allow BT as protocol is to do on 14th day onwards but mine is only on the 13th. Did a scan, told me its old blood and my cervix seems closed- meaning AF shld not be here yet. Gave me some support pills (total bill was $130+!). When I got home the flow was heavier and this morn think its full fledged already. Sighhhhhh. My hopes are dashed. Gg tmr morning to see if I can do early BT. My scheduled BT is on wed.

Hi i think this is mad from them of course if you bleed red your cervix was open And they should have seen the clots of blood in your uterus while scanning (?)
Sorry to hear you spent 130$ (!)

Hi i think this is mad from them of course if you bleed red your cervix was open And they should have seen the clots of blood in your uterus while scanning (?)
Sorry to hear you spent 130$ (!)
They scanned and concluded that it's old blood cos it was brownish then. But I really duno how she said that the cervix was closed cos str after I went home I started to have heavier flow already.
Sighhhh was actually quite shocked to see the bill haha

Hi mbbhopeful, I've just failed my #1 cycle 2 weeks ago. Just went to see Dr. Sadhana today and was told I can actually go for FET right after this coming AF (not the one you are having now but the one after). If I want to do a new cycle (because I only have 1 frozen embbie), I would need at least 3 months rest. Just to share.. Hugz....

hi_mei, good luck to both of us! U have tried 2times ivf? I duno how I can take HL for the next time sigh. My boss surely complain.

Anita, update us on your scan today:) I had 2 leading follicles at 23 and 21, some between 14 to 18 and the rest are below 14. Did hcg trigger that night and ER 2 days later. If your scan is good today, u might be ER on monday
Hi himei n mbbhopeful sorry I didn't log in since sat as I was busy preparing 4 my nite jab in kkh on sat :) cuz ER was scheduled on Mon 14/10 (earlier today mornin)..I am having the cramps still n can't sleep on my side...walkin slow due 2 cramp..is tis norm ladies?? ET is tis Wednesday morning...only then I will know hw many embryos god has blessed us with..prayin 4 the best n tis cramps..waaahhh..pain leh n so much air cumin out from me :p

Hi himei n mbbhopeful sorry I didn't log in since sat as I was busy preparing 4 my nite jab in kkh on sat :) cuz ER was scheduled on Mon 14/10 (earlier today mornin)..I am having the cramps still n can't sleep on my side...walkin slow due 2 cramp..is tis norm ladies?? ET is tis Wednesday morning...only then I will know hw many embryos god has blessed us with..prayin 4 the best n tis cramps..waaahhh..pain leh n so much air cumin out from me :p
Hi Anita, I also had the cramps, in fact they felt like extreme menstrual cramps after ER. Thank God they got better after the second day and by the third day when I did the my ET, there weren't any more cramps. Have plenty of rest and all the best!

Hi Anita many ladies get cramps after ER. Will recover :) after this the ovaries start to fill with fluid so you may feel sore around the ovaries but shd not be too terribly painful. Good luck for Wed! Sincerely hope you can succeed with this try! Let us know how the ET goes.

After ET I kept getting cramps.... Subsided around day 6-8 post ET but now they are back again. Somemore last night I forgot to take the progesterone pill, which is supposed to maintain the lining. OMG! So scared I would induce AF by accident but nothing happened! :)

Hi mbbhopeful, I've just failed my #1 cycle 2 weeks ago. Just went to see Dr. Sadhana today and was told I can actually go for FET right after this coming AF (not the one you are having now but the one after). If I want to do a new cycle (because I only have 1 frozen embbie), I would need at least 3 months rest. Just to share.. Hugz....

Hi all the best for your next cycle! Wish u success :)
So to check, if my cycle fail the earliest i can do is late Dec? Or Jan?

Hi all the best for your next cycle! Wish u success :)
So to check, if my cycle fail the earliest i can do is late Dec? Or Jan?
Hi Himei, if this cycle fails (which means Oct AF will come), you should be able to a FET after Nov's cycle. If you wish to do a fresh new cycle, I think you may need to wait till after Jan's AF to commence. But still, better to double check with your gynae. Best is, hope you can BFP this round! :)

Hi Himei, if this cycle fails (which means Oct AF will come), you should be able to a FET after Nov's cycle. If you wish to do a fresh new cycle, I think you may need to wait till after Jan's AF to commence. But still, better to double check with your gynae. Best is, hope you can BFP this round! :)

Hi Anita many ladies get cramps after ER. Will recover :) after this the ovaries start to fill with fluid so you may feel sore around the ovaries but shd not be too terribly painful. Good luck for Wed! Sincerely hope you can succeed with this try! Let us know how the ET goes.

After ET I kept getting cramps.... Subsided around day 6-8 post ET but now they are back again. Somemore last night I forgot to take the progesterone pill, which is supposed to maintain the lining. OMG! So scared I would induce AF by accident but nothing happened! :)
Thank u so much hi mei :) don't u worry bout lining..eat more avocados..I read online :) I hve slight cramps but now my prob since ystrday til now I can't poo poo!! Ate 10 to 15 prunes..banana n milk even but....urrr not cumin n I can't force it cuz cramp stil there...its best I clear bowels b4 ET...wat to do??!!! Himei wats AF n BFP?? I m yet 2 undrstand sum terms used here :p

Hi Anita, I also had the cramps, in fact they felt like extreme menstrual cramps after ER. Thank God they got better after the second day and by the third day when I did the my ET, there weren't any more cramps. Have plenty of rest and all the best!
Thank you so much red linc :)

Thank u so much hi mei :) don't u worry bout lining..eat more avocados..I read online :) I hve slight cramps but now my prob since ystrday til now I can't poo poo!! Ate 10 to 15 prunes..banana n milk even but....urrr not cumin n I can't force it cuz cramp stil there...its best I clear bowels b4 ET...wat to do??!!! Himei wats AF n BFP?? I m yet 2 undrstand sum terms used here :p
AF - Aunt Flo i.e period
Bfp - big fat positive

Hi Anita, hope ur ET went well :) just relax from now on. Regarding constipation, just don't push too hard, maybe you can check with the nurse what is safe to take for constipation? :)

Hi Anita, hope ur ET went well :) just relax from now on. Regarding constipation, just don't push too hard, maybe you can check with the nurse what is safe to take for constipation? :)
Hi himei...my et is today n I m waitin in the q..wth full bladder...uurrrrr...shakin legs to control control peee pee :p

Hi himei...my et is today n I m waitin in the q..wth full bladder...uurrrrr...shakin legs to control control peee pee :p

Haha you are so funny! How long more do you have to wait? Just try and control, nurse will allow you to release immediately after ET. You will get to see photos of your embryos! It is a most wonderful moment! :)

hi Anita which doctor are u with ?

Hi ladies, if you have done more than one ivf cycle, how do you approach your boss to tell them you will be doing it again? I cannot take leave, and hence I need morning MC to go for scans etc. I am not even intending to take the 2 wk hospitalisation leave because they are probably going to get angry since I have done it once already. Just probably one day MC for egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Am thinking of doing this because I don't know how many ivf attempts I might need. Might be more than 3?

Thanks.

Hi ladies, if you have done more than one ivf cycle, how do you approach your boss to tell them you will be doing it again? I cannot take leave, and hence I need morning MC to go for scans etc. I am not even intending to take the 2 wk hospitalisation leave because they are probably going to get angry since I have done it once already. Just probably one day MC for egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Am thinking of doing this because I don't know how many ivf attempts I might need. Might be more than 3?

Thanks.

When are you going to do for next cycle ? maybe you can talk to your boss nicely lor..... your boss should understand it deh.....

When are you going to do for next cycle ? maybe you can talk to your boss nicely lor..... your boss should understand it deh.....

I am not so sure abt how understanding boss will be. On the surface appears to be v understanding and all, but when comes to HL, I got harrassed by work issues during that period. If going for multiple IVF cycles I would also need the income so quitting is not really an option....

Currently I am in 2ww... Blood test on Fri. But really think no hope, no pregnancy symptoms at all! If do next cycle, probably will be Jan. How about you? When are you starting and who is your doc? :) My doc is Dr Tan HH from KKH.

I am not so sure abt how understanding boss will be. On the surface appears to be v understanding and all, but when comes to HL, I got harrassed by work issues during that period. If going for multiple IVF cycles I would also need the income so quitting is not really an option....

Currently I am in 2ww... Blood test on Fri. But really think no hope, no pregnancy symptoms at all! If do next cycle, probably will be Jan. How about you? When are you starting and who is your doc? :) My doc is Dr Tan HH from KKH.

Hi hi_mei, my case same like yours, my 1st cycle I didnt even tell my boss I jus told him I will be gg for a mini op, will be on HL for 2 weeks. Initally thought ok, bt when back to work wow so much harrassing and worst colls comments. Say I gd life 2wks, as if I go holiday...tts y I didnt wan to tell any1, cz no pt, such pple will nv understand wah we go through. For me, I will nt tell, 2cycle jus take 1 day MC each tts all.

Hi hi_mei, my case same like yours, my 1st cycle I didnt even tell my boss I jus told him I will be gg for a mini op, will be on HL for 2 weeks. Initally thought ok, bt when back to work wow so much harrassing and worst colls comments. Say I gd life 2wks, as if I go holiday...tts y I didnt wan to tell any1, cz no pt, such pple will nv understand wah we go through. For me, I will nt tell, 2cycle jus take 1 day MC each tts all.

Hi love.bb, your colleagues are really quite mean. Just ignore them and do your share of the work. I regretted telling my boss cuz she said must tell colleagues, now news spread around. But truth be told, my colleagues are very nice folks, just that I am quite sensitive to gossip. Next cycle then just take care of yourself well since you are not taking the MC. Is your work strenous or desk-bound type?

I didn't tell any of my family members. Don't want to explain anything to them or make them worry. BFP one day and stable will let them know! Hehe!

Back