IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ladies, can I ask if anyone had progesterone jabs under Dr SF Loh during the 2ww? Does this jab contain hcg? I was reading through the archives and saw that NUH gives a similar support jab after bfp but it contains pregynyl. Any advise?

Hi ladies,

Good Wednesday morning!
I started my ivf journey in Oct. I going to start menopur injection today for stimulation.

I read in the thread on what to eat and do and donts during 2ww. What about during stimulation? Any food I should eat ?

Thank you.

im in my 3dp5dt now,am having cramp on d stomach n thigh last night n nw on n off. nt too sure is it due to d herbal black chicken soup tt contain dang gui cause it as due to my neglience tt i forgot dang gui is cannot be taken at tis point of time. praying for it now although dun pin high hopes haizz so sad...

My BT is this Friday.
Yes let's bfp together. And I did feel a bit sick aft FET cz sudden surge of hormones pumped in. Had headache and nausea. Bloated n gas. Actually till now too. U rest more :)
Missyz: after fet, I dun have any bloatedness but a lot of gas but today is better not much gasy. Last night I vomited once and even vomit d Dydrogesterone out haizzz bad...... Do you pee a lot? I do bt maybe I drank a lot of water tts y[/quote]
How r u now jasbran? I am having bloatedness plus gas n constipatation till now. Sorry tmi. Oh dear u vomited? Take care dear. Yes I pee a lot n Bcz I drink a lot too always see it tt way, and I am on dydrogesterone (duphaston) one tablet twice a day thru out my 2wwtill BT. On top of my cyclogest insert, prolly tts y I am missing e af with no other pg symptoms.. BT in two days and I am ready for the best n prepared for e worst.
I hope u ll hv a smooth 2ww.

Missyz: after fet, I dun have any bloatedness but a lot of gas but today is better not much gasy. Last night I vomited once and even vomit d Dydrogesterone out haizzz bad...... Do you pee a lot? I do bt maybe I drank a lot of water tts y
How r u now jasbran? I am having bloatedness plus gas n constipatation till now. Sorry tmi. Oh dear u vomited? Take care dear. Yes I pee a lot n Bcz I drink a lot too always see it tt way, and I am on dydrogesterone (duphaston) one tablet twice a day thru out my 2wwtill BT. On top of my cyclogest insert, prolly tts y I am missing e af with no other pg symptoms.. BT in two days and I am ready for the best n prepared for e worst.
I hope u ll hv a smooth 2ww.[/quote]
missyz: relac as it wil bfp:)

I hope u ll hv a smooth 2ww.
missyz: relac as it wil bfp:)[/quote]

Thanks jasbran. I hope you will too :)

Hey missyz and jasbran, all the best for the BT.. Must be exciting now...
Hi ocean gal, jia you on the stimm jabs.. I just finished my et so not too far from u.. First time doing ivf? I did not have any special diet.. Just eat healthily...

Just finish et this morning and just had the pleasure of introducing my vijayjay to the progesterone pills or what my hubby has affectionately nicknamed "the pearls"... When the nurse explained the frequency of insertion, I told her warily no wonder need 17 hospitalization leave la.. My bt is on 25th. Anyone having BT on or near that day? :D

Hi ocean gal, jia you on the stimm jabs.. I just finished my et so not too far from u.. First time doing ivf? I did not have any special diet.. Just eat healthily...

Thank u :) a bit nerve wrecking this 2ww. All the best dear!! Hv a smooth 2ww n may we all bfp together

beliveinjesus: mine is 3dp5t n my bt date is on 22 oc

tquote="believeinjesus, post: 6390993, member: 116070"]Just finish et this morning and just had the pleasure of introducing my vijayjay to the progesterone pills or what my hubby has affectionately nicknamed "the pearls"... When the nurse explained the frequency of insertion, I told her warily no wonder need 17 hospitalization leave la.. My bt is on 25th. Anyone having BT on or near that day? :D[/quote]
a

*high five* jasbran! Let's enjoy these two weeks and not be too preoccupied with what we eat or do.. I have a girlfriend who had sashimi throughout her pregnancy and has a bouncing healthy Bb now. am already sourcing what Korean drama to watch and can't wait for US TV series to start.. I am banning myself from googling too much and scaring myself with all those research studies on ivf.. And really just concentrate on God almighty . jia you babe!

*high five* jasbran! Let's enjoy these two weeks and not be too preoccupied with what we eat or do.. I have a girlfriend who had sashimi throughout her pregnancy and has a bouncing healthy Bb now. am already sourcing what Korean drama to watch and can't wait for US TV series to start.. I am banning myself from googling too much and scaring myself with all those research studies on ivf.. And really just concentrate on God almighty . jia you babe!
believeinjesus: wow u really have different thinking and not like us is so cautious over what to avoid eating and doing. i advice not to take raw sashimi as am afraid have bacteria and may cause stomache as this is my third attempt so no choice. lets bfp together ba!! jiayuo

Hi jasbran, ney... I am not so gung-ho as my friend. I will certainly not touch sushi and caffeine for now.. I have been through the cautious phase but got too stressed out obsessing what can or cannot do.. I still do.. But much lessor now.. :D i am totally for eating healthier.. I love nuts!

Dear ladies, I am a regular IVFer who had done IVF at NUH, KKH and currently at TMC under SF Loh. By my history, you can probably guess I'm paying private now.

I'll like to caution that due to different sub-fertility issues, you do need to especially check your AMH as well as do your panel of hormonal investigations before thinking about embarking on IUI or IVF etc.

Also, you need to also know your body, if you have had miscarriages, it means you can produce eggs, and it's uterus issues you need to address. It can be womb structure, fibroid or cysts issues. These need intervention even before you try IUI or IVF. If your period is irregular, yes, ovulation issues. DH also needs checks, especially if he has sperm or not, or they are not good swimmers, or is there a genetic issue that cause abnormal embryo development from DH side?

Starting on natural IUI, which is least cost after the male and female investigation helps you understand follicle development. The key thing is, as the patient, you need to think and read up too, especially when you are thinking of trying subsidised IVF. There are training doctors and there are not so experienced IVF doctors who may not be good in transfer, which is a crucial part of IVF. It really make or break the cycle. Yes, EVERYTHING can be looking good and all you need is the doc who does not know your uterus position well enough and mess it up. Anteverted womb is not the end of the line, okies. In fact when done properly, anteverted wombs have 60% better chances of retaining pregnancy because of its tilt...

Your body is a system in terms of its anatomy and hormonal system. It's your body, so know it, then work with your doctors. Chart your BBTs, cervix discharge etc... these are helpful information for the doc.

You need to know which expert you want and make sure you get that expert if you do not want to waste time. For your information, TFC and related private clinics also allow you to tap on government subsidies. So do not limit yourself to "subsidiary treatment", especially when you realise your chances are quite slim after investigations. Do your investigations with hospitals with referral from polyclinic first. After knowing more, you can make better decisions, especially in managing the risk of failure versus cost.

Also, I personally think Menopur is a more responsive and similar to our body kind of fertility drug compare to Gonal F and additional of Luveris (LH). The latter combination is more expensive compared to multi-dosage Menopur. Trust me, I've been on Gonal F and Luveris 3 times and Menopur 2 times. The drugs part really need careful thought, especially if you had 2 rounds and still failed using same protocol of meds. You need to question your doc at that stage.

My personal fertility history is quite rare, which made me do a lot of research these last 5 years, on which I average 2 IVF cycles per year earlier until I finally fell pregnant with KKH under short protocol with Marie Hendricks 2 years ago. I'm in the midst of another cycle currently to try for no.2. KKH docs have changed quite a bit, and they are currently a bit overwhelmed as of this year. NUH, nice nurses, but with Prof W going away often, try not to end up with the rest for the transfer....

I'm not a regular here though, just wanted to highlight the things I've seen and experienced, and also caution on the meds part, cos I think many ladies have not considered that their bodies may need LH and that Gonal F may not be the best for their system. You however must consider your panel investigation results on LH first. If doc say you need LH too, ask for Menopur. Its cheaper too.

Ladies, can I ask if anyone had progesterone jabs under Dr SF Loh during the 2ww? Does this jab contain hcg? I was reading through the archives and saw that NUH gives a similar support jab after bfp but it contains pregynyl. Any advise?

Hi Tub, SF Loh errs on the caution side. He will order PIO for you if luteal support is deemed not enough if your hormones are within normal range usually. The Utrogestron inserts into the vagina delivers Prog directly to the womb and does not show up on P4 blood test. PIO shots are usually given every 3 days if inserts are deemed not enough depending on your presenting hormonal situation (which should be done under subsidised first elsewhere).

Hi ladies..
Today is my 10dp2dt.. Currently I am having really bad AF like cramps/backaches and clear discharges..also feeling slightly bloated..feeling worried that I might have failed this round... :(

Anyone experienced this????

Hi Santhiya, I have read yr journey in yr Ivf. Sorry for yr loss. *hugz*
I'm actually 9dp3dt, but have been feeling light cramps after 6dp3dt... Now my backache symptoms are getting heavier. I saw tat u have the same symptom too so I'm afraid tat I won't make it..... Praying hard everyday... My BT is on 14/10. I'm with NUH

Hi 8arms mummy I found your info v useful! Thanks! I also responded v poorly to Puregon and for 2nd cycle I requested doc to add LH into the mix. Response was much better though not fantastic.

I am currently 7dp2dt. No symptoms at all!! No more cramps alr, no sore boobs either! Hope the cycle is not failed alr :( :( If i do next cycle will consider taking long leave or quit job for a while. Cuz this cycle my team leader kept emailing and sms me work while on HL. Got so bad that I called the big boss to explain my situation only then it stopped.... Really bo bian cuz the work request will be sudden and gave me sleepless nights. I don't want this kind of stress to screw up the next attempt.

Tsf0205 i think BFP symptoms also mimic the AF symptoms so u can only cfm thru BT... Good luck :)

Thanks 8arms mummy for the detailed information.
My progesterone level was very low when tested so Dr Loh gave me the jabs every 4 days. :)

Hi believeinjesus,

Thank you. Last nite I had a massive headache, should be the side effect from the stimm jab :(
Yes my first ivf. I did IUI twice but failed. I also did a lap last year. I am doing ICSI in SGH with DR Yu SL. My hubby sperm binding ability is very low,

So the high protein (brazil nuts, egg whites and immunocal) diet is not for during stimm and for after ET?

Anyone doing stimm jab now?

All the best to the gals in the 2WW!

Hi Santhiya, I have read yr journey in yr Ivf. Sorry for yr loss. *hugz*
I'm actually 9dp3dt, but have been feeling light cramps after 6dp3dt... Now my backache symptoms are getting heavier. I saw tat u have the same symptom too so I'm afraid tat I won't make it..... Praying hard everyday... My BT is on 14/10. I'm with NUH

Hi tsf0205..

Stay positive.. It mightnot be a failure..i have known of ppl who have all the AF symptoms and end up with a BFP... Try not to stress urself thinking abt it..All the best to u.. :)

tsf0205: im in my 4dp5dt, am having cramp and backache on n off bt we must have positive thinking. lets bfp together!

quote="santhiya86, post: 6393995, member: 148379"]Hi tsf0205..

Stay positive.. It mightnot be a failure..i have known of ppl who have all the AF symptoms and end up with a BFP... Try not to stress urself thinking abt it..All the best to u.. :)[/quote]

Hi believeinjesus,

Thank you. Last nite I had a massive headache, should be the side effect from the stimm jab :(
Yes my first ivf. I did IUI twice but failed. I also did a lap last year. I am doing ICSI in SGH with DR Yu SL. My hubby sperm binding ability is very low,

So the high protein (brazil nuts, egg whites and immunocal) diet is not for during stimm and for after ET?

Anyone doing stimm jab now?

All the best to the gals in the 2WW!
Hmm.. I am really not sure when is the best time to eat what but I guess no harm eating healthy throughout this period? For OHSS I read somewhere that it is good to take more protein. I was very fortunate that my mum cooked fish on the day of my Er when I was having really bad bloatedness. My tummy went down the next day so maybe it worked? Not good to go overboard with protein too la. Everything in moderation I guess. :)

Take care santhiya n rashal... Hope next rd will be better for u gals
I'm 10dp2dt today. 2 days ago my boobs stopped being sore and read that it might be due to hcg effect wearing off. So far I have no symptoms too except for occasional cramps. Starting to be worried too.. sobs.. my hubby ask me everyday whether I have symptoms.. Diaoz. I hope I don't see red before BT on 16

Take care anthiya n rashal... Hope next rd will be better for u gals
I'm 10dp2dt today. 2 days ago my boobs stopped being sore and read that it might be due to hcg effect wearing off. So far I have no symptoms too except for occasional cramps. Starting to be worried too.. sobs.. my hubby ask me everyday whether I have symptoms.. Diaoz. I hope I don't see red before BT on 16
Mbbhopeful- I have bleeding before my blood test. And my hcg is 750. So if u bleed 1st thing call hospital. What I know is as long as no pain u are kind of safe...

Mbbhopeful- I have bleeding before my blood test. And my hcg is 750. So if u bleed 1st thing call hospital. What I know is as long as no pain u are kind of safe...
Bleeding as in fresh red? Or brownish spotting? Your hcg is so high! Maybe u r having twins!

[quoti="mbbhopeful, post: 6395498, member: 152116"]Bleeding as in fresh red? Or brownish spotting? Your hcg is so high! Maybe u r having twins![/quote]

Yes is fresh red bleeding... never think too much is it twins anot.. just pray hard for healthy baby..

After failed iui, my menses is longer than the other time, it last for 7 days but usually mine was around 4-5days. It seem like my ovulation is late this time as well, as my bbt is only increase after cd22. And my af is late, not sure is it becos of the late ovulation. Anyone experience this before?

Take care santhiya n rashal... Hope next rd will be better for u gals

Hi mbbhopeful I have also lost all symptoms at 7dp2dt. I hope we can BFP (think positive), but also be prepared that might need to try again.

Thnk u hi mei :) waiting 4 fri scan hope eggs wil b well developed by then..does anyone know wats the ideal follicle size n lining to start on ER???

Hi Anita, my last two times they normally trigger two days after lead follicle is about 17 to 18mm. At that time lining wld be pretty thick (more than 10mm) and triple.

hi_mei, good luck to both of us! U have tried 2times ivf? I duno how I can take HL for the next time sigh. My boss surely complain.

Anita, update us on your scan today:) I had 2 leading follicles at 23 and 21, some between 14 to 18 and the rest are below 14. Did hcg trigger that night and ER 2 days later. If your scan is good today, u might be ER on monday

After failed iui, my menses is longer than the other time, it last for 7 days but usually mine was around 4-5days. It seem like my ovulation is late this time as well, as my bbt is only increase after cd22. And my af is late, not sure is it becos of the late ovulation. Anyone experience this before?
Hi Tinga, not sure why but u can check with your gynae? But I understand from my previous gynae that AF is always 14 days after ovulation. So if u ovulate late, AF will be late

Hi Tinga, could be because of the drugs. My period was also longer and delayed ovulation the next cycle.

hi_mei, good luck to both of us! U have tried 2times ivf? I duno how I can take HL for the next time sigh. My boss surely complain.

Anita, update us on your scan today:) I had 2 leading follicles at 23 and 21, some between 14 to 18 and the rest are below 14. Did hcg trigger that night and ER 2 days later. If your scan is good today, u might be ER on monday

Yup tried two times, first time poor follicle growth so i didn't even do egg retrieval. So that time no HL lor :) For the next ivf (hopefully not) I did consider take long leave or quit job. But after after a few more days of this tww i am actually thinking of just go back to work during tww for next try. Mb just take leave for the egg retrieval and embryo transfer day. Cuz I am going mad waiting at home haha!! And I think my colleagues will really kill me if I do another HL....

I hope next ivf will be excess embryo to freeze... If not got to keep repeating this process over and over... Sianzzz.

Yup tried two times, first time poor follicle growth so i didn't even do egg retrieval. So that time no HL lor :) For the next ivf (hopefully not) I did consider take long leave or quit job. But after after a few more days of this tww i am actually thinking of just go back to work during tww for next try. Mb just take leave for the egg retrieval and embryo transfer day. Cuz I am going mad waiting at home haha!! And I think my colleagues will really kill me if I do another HL....

I hope next ivf will be excess embryo to freeze... If not got to keep repeating this process over and over... Sianzzz.
Oh ya sorry i think u've mentioned before. Ya this 2ww is really killing me.. How many embryos did u freeze this time? i only have 2 frozen embryos left, duno whether can use anot. I cannot imagine gg back to work during the 2ww cos my job is v stressful with many deadlines haizzz.

Missyz: how are you doing? Thought today is your bt date?

It's a BFN, ladies... Thank u for all ur support all these while. Awaiting e dreadful af to arrive before starting my next fresh with scratching.

Appreciate all e love, may all our dreams come true one day. Good luck to all :)

It's a BFN, ladies... Thank u for all ur support all these while. Awaiting e dreadful af to arrive before starting my next fresh with scratching.

Appreciate all e love, may all our dreams come true one day. Good luck to all :)

Missyz: sorry to hear tt. Rest well to start another round. Do not give up!

Thanks jasbran, I ll be rooting for u and e rest... Take care
Missyz: thank you bt I do not have high hopes as I keep feeling tt d embbies is not inside me....... Have been having cramp n backache on n off since Tuesday till nw. Wonder will my af come although it should be next wed......

Hi Missyz all the best for next cycle! I admire your courage to pick up yourself :)

Oh ya sorry i think u've mentioned before. Ya this 2ww is really killing me.. How many embryos did u freeze this time? i only have 2 frozen embryos left, duno whether can use anot. I cannot imagine gg back to work during the 2ww cos my job is v stressful with many deadlines haizzz.

If job stressful then mb it is better to consider taking the HL? If not at least a week off. Or can negotiate for lower workload? U are lucky, have frozen ones :) I don't. The one and only observing embryo arrested... KKH wanted to grow it to blastocyst but guess it didn't make it.
Oh ya now having AF cramps and bloating... Omg hope AF don't come!!! Usually it comes ard this period in the regular cycle :(

If job stressful then mb it is better to consider taking the HL? If not at least a week off. Or can negotiate for lower workload? U are lucky, have frozen ones :) I don't. The one and only observing embryo arrested... KKH wanted to grow it to blastocyst but guess it didn't make it.
Oh ya now having AF cramps and bloating... Omg hope AF don't come!!! Usually it comes ard this period in the regular cycle :(
hi_mei: dun tink too much, maybe can Tok to ur embbies to be strong! When is ur bt?

Missyz: thank you bt I do not have high hopes as I keep feeling tt d embbies is not inside me....... Have been having cramp n backache on n off since Tuesday till nw. Wonder will my af come although it should be next wed......
Dun pinpoint ur symptoms. Different women experience it differently. Occupy urself with other things, but u can't deny ur intuition. I knew mine wasn't gonna be a success cz I transferred one embbie and e other two didn't survive e thaw. Was supposed to grow to blast but it wasn't looking good. E chances were slimmer compared to my prev two cycles even tho e quality was e same.Oh well things happen. If it's meant to be den it is.

As long as u dun see red it's fine, af symptoms n preggy symptoms almost alike.

Thanks hi mei... All e best to u too :)

Sorry to hear that missyz... Are you gg to try another rd? Have u thought of trying acupuncture or visit sinseh for advice? I read that it might be useful to tiao your body..
hi_mei: will kkh update us on the frozen embryo status? Will progesterone delay our period? I hope your AF doesn't come too! I think my AF supposed to come this Sunday. No AF symptoms, no bloating no nothing... Shall enjoy my weekend without thinking too much!

Hi Tinga, could be because of the drugs. My period was also longer and delayed ovulation the next cycle.
thanks for the reply. So I think I need to wait for few more days for the af to come. Now having stomach cramp which is not very comfortable. Haih..

Hi sisters, may I know the injection is it start from day2 onward? I m just worry that my day 2 will fall on Sunday and will not be able to catch oct cycle..

thanks for the reply. So I think I need to wait for few more days for the af to come. Now having stomach cramp which is not very comfortable. Haih..

Hi sisters, may I know the injection is it start from day2 onward? I m just worry that my day 2 will fall on Sunday and will not be able to catch oct cycle..
It can be day 2 or 3

Back