Upsetting experience transferring to different gynea

xiuxin78

Just need some opinions here from all mum-to-bes and mothers:

I was previously attended to by a famous gynea at TMC. Waiting time to see her averages about 3 hours each visit. The clinic is quite strange as it wants you to pay for the package from the second visit onwards. The clinic is a little crowded, with about 6 doctors and about perhaps 13 clinical assistance / nurses helping out. Each time, I feel that the nurses can be quite rude, and rough with me when doing my scan. The doctor is supposedly really good at her stitching and has many good reviews on how she stay throughout delivery, encouraging natural birth even in difficult situations. I have no doubt on her experience and skills. However, because of the waiting time, I decided to switch to a different gynea for 1 visit, and make a final decision before I pay for a package.

When I rejected paying for the package at my second visit, the staff at the payment counter tried to remind me how I will be paying more. I insisted that I know, and that I have yet to decide whether to deliver at TMC yet, so told her maybe next time.

After a few days, I make a trip down to tell the counter staff, that I will need a report written by the doctor for my intended transfer to another gynea. The staff gave me some disturbing look with knitted brows "it will take some time... she has to prepare... which gynea are you transferring to?".... and I stupidly honestly told her. She said the letter will take a few days and will give me a call.

After a few days, the call came, I went back to the clinic. Told her my name and she passed me the letter. I told her " I have yet to decide to finally transfer or not, please do not discard my records". Ok maybe I was stupid to think they will ever throw your records so soon..... but her reaction just shocked me. "Whatever!! I have already written that you are transferring to Dr XXX". I think my query was not on what she written, more like an assurance whether they will discard my records. "so willl you be throwing away my records?"

no answer.

"don't throw my records please, I may return and may not transfer"

she looked at me for a while and gave a sarcastic smile

This is a senior staff, possibly with some weight and rank to disregard patient's feedback, about to retire. But this really disturbed me.

The doctor is good, I am just exercising my right to choose and experience who I eventually want to deliver my baby. I have to be comfortable with the doctor, and I do not want to face rude nurses everytime I go for a check-up. However, should the other gynea be offering a package much more expensive, I may want to go back to this old doctor for her cheaper package. Yet now I feel so intimidated by the rude looks. WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?

What do you mothers think? WOULD YOU GO BACK SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO STICK TO THIS EXPERIENCE DOCTOR AND CHEAPER PACKAGE, YET FACE THE RUDE NURSES? Will it be a bad move to go back, and the doctor knew you tried to change gynea, and what is the possibility she will treat you differently? HELP????

hi mommy~ chill ya!! :) waiting time 3hrs? mite as well go KKH for the subsidiced rate.. what for pay and get to wait so long? or look for not very famous gynae with reasonable charges.. lesser waiting time.. i went back to my gynae for my 2nd pregnancy despite he increases his package price slightly. becoz i felt comfortable with him and waiting time is reasonable.. clinic assistances are very nice and friendly too..

Back