Starting on IVF

Bells25

Hi, im new to all this.
Been ttc for 2 years plus.
Did fertility check last year under Thomson fertility centre. Was advise to go for Ivf.
Was wondering, how do one start the ivf process?
like go kkH straight? Or private?
How do i knoe the costs involved? Must i see the doctors for consultations den i decide between kkh or private??

Hello! :)
If you want to start w a subsidised route, you need a referral letter from polyclinic to start ivf at a gov hosp.

gov’s co-funding for IVF is for SC at Gov Hospitals! :)

Did mine in March/April..
It was quite fast if everything went smoothly..
With KKH.. 1st get referrals from polyclinic..

Then KKH will make you do some tests like Hyfosy.. blood test for hiv, sperm count n etc..
Then go for an “unnecessary” briefing which cost $100-$200 i forgot heehee..

You’ll be subsidised all the way till the IVF starts it will be under private automatically.. you’ll still get all those govt grant subsidy accordingly..
1st cycle (SG citizen for both) is about $7700 and different subsidy for SG + PR & SG + Foreigner which is lesser..

I only paid about $1.8k coz my husband is foreigner.. so it was still affordable.. 2nd cycle would cost more coz lesser subsidy.. which I had not done yet...

Did mine in March/April..
It was quite fast if everything went smoothly..
With KKH.. 1st get referrals from polyclinic..

Then KKH will make you do some tests like Hyfosy.. blood test for hiv, sperm count n etc..
Then go for an “unnecessary” briefing which cost $100-$200 i forgot heehee..

You’ll be subsidised all the way till the IVF starts it will be under private automatically.. you’ll still get all those govt grant subsidy accordingly..
1st cycle (SG citizen for both) is about $7700 and different subsidy for SG + PR & SG + Foreigner which is lesser..

I only paid about $1.8k coz my husband is foreigner.. so it was still affordable.. 2nd cycle would cost more coz lesser subsidy.. which I had not done yet...
So all in all you pay $1.8k for IvF first cycle in kkh?

Back