Reaching hospital and taxi availability

nan28

Hi,
I m staying far from hospital (SGH) and worried abt reaching it when in labor. Offlate, the taxi's are difficult to come by even at non peak hours.
Is there any ambulance or private taxi service / taxi driver no. available 24/7? Kindly help.
Thanks in advance

you can call ambulance when you going to labour.. in case you dont know, the hotline is 995. The hotline for non-emergency ambulance is 1777
however from what i heard, each ride is quite expensive, not FOC

furthermore i dun think taxi is that hard to get... unless you work at jurong island like me. you can try uber, grab taxi, etc etc...

Tks. I also heard that ambulance is expensive. But I find it quite difficult to get taxi offlate, even in non peak hrs. Remeber having to wait for 30 mins on quite a few occassions during noon time

Tks. I also heard that ambulance is expensive. But I find it quite difficult to get taxi offlate, even in non peak hrs. Remeber having to wait for 30 mins on quite a few occassions during noon time
U can book taxi. Most of the times is less than 10mins. I stay in jurong, for peak hrs i only need to wait for 15mins if i book taxi.. and i take taxi quite frequently unless u r at Orchard during weekend then maybe need to wait for an hr

U can use grabtaxi app in addition to sms/call for taxi. This helps to increase ur chances of getting a taxi fast. I hv been taking taxi for past 3 years. U can sms for cab with these 2 nos (71222 for comfort n citycabs n 75588 for smrt cabs). With grabtaxi app u can also use their grabcar service (non taxi)... something like Uber if i m not wrong. But most of the times i didn't need to use grab car. U can also try uber app.

Best of luck

Hi nan28,
if you call SCDF ambulance (995), please note that they will bring you to the nearest hospital. i.e. you cannot specify you want to go SGH if you are too far away. You'll need to consider calling for private ambulance or taxi instead.

http://www.scdf.gov.sg/content/scdf...nformation_on_scdfand1777medicalservices.html

Which Hospital will Patient be Conveyed to?
The SCDF ambulance will convey all emergency cases to the nearest restructured hospital with the appropriate medical facility. This is to facilitate early treatment by the hospital's doctor and to enable the ambulance to be available earlier for the next emergency call.

Hi,
I m staying far from hospital (SGH) and worried abt reaching it when in labor. Offlate, the taxi's are difficult to come by even at non peak hours.
Is there any ambulance or private taxi service / taxi driver no. available 24/7? Kindly help.
Thanks in advance
You can consider private ambulance services, however, subjected to availability as well. And choose the company that is nearest to your home so that there more resources to reach you in the fastest possible time. Which area are you staying at? Ambulance calls are between $60-$100 (office hours) or $70-$150 (after office hours). However do note that the prices here are estimated and may increase/varies for urgent/immediate cases. I have worked with several ambulance companies. Probably you can let me know where you stay so that I can recommend you.

if u call for 995, it will only bring u to KKH/ nearest govt hospital for delivery. I asked them last year because I was worried that my baby will arrive faster than I expected. My second birth only took less than 1/2 hour.

Back