Pregnant in China 2nd trimester ?

slippers

Is it safe to go on holidays to China(free and easy type) for a few weeks while you are in your second trimester ? I need answers quickly because I will be ovulating in a few days´ time. Am planning wether to get pregnant now. Otherwise, will delay baby making.

Have been to China before, had stomach ache almost everytime from the food, not the very painful type but irritating kind. It was also tiring, every temple has at least 100 gruesome steps to climb. So, I wonder with all these factors if it is responsible to be pregnant in your second trimester by then.

Hi slippers,

Which part of China are you going to?

Not sure if it'll help, but share my experience. Please bear in mind to take everything with a pinch of salt.

I traveled a great deal when I was expecting, starting from few weeks all the way to last trimester, mainly for work.

When I was 8 weeks, I went to Beijing for a free and easy vacation. You're right about the climbing, walking etc. Managed to climb Great Wall of China although I didn't manage to reach the peak, coz I was running out of breath.

Hahahaha.. and of coz I had very bad morning sickness the first trimester. While I had China food for the past few years, nothing beats the vomitting when I ate in China then. Whatever goes in, felt like coming out.

But after the first trimester nightmare, I had no problem even when I went to Shenzhen, Wuxi nor Shanghai for work.

So, I guess it depends.

Pregnancy is so different from people to people, from weeks to weeks, and even pregnancy to pregnancy, so it's really difficult to tell if it's safe to travel when you successfully conceived.

I guess time and tide wait for no one. You may or may not get pregnant after trying for this month. Why put on hold baby making for a trip happening in few months time. No one knows what will happen. You can on hold baby making for this China trip, you may delay baby making for some other reasons in the future. But to have the little precious blessed on us, nothing else matters.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Hi Bubbly,

I was afraid nobody would read this, so I posted this here and in Year 2012 mums. To look for certain topics at this forum is like finding a needle in the haystack.

Heading for Chongqing, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, maybe Guilin and Yangshuo. I did some research online, there seems to be Malaria in the province of Yunnan (where Kunming lies, I think) and I am wary. Women planning to conceive who take Malaria pills would have to wait several months before it´s safe to conceive again (so they say). And if pregnant, most Malaria pills aren´t allowed. If I don't get pregnant this month, I will postpone pro-creating until I´m back home. If I take those Malaria pills (if I am not pregnant in Yunnan), I´d have to wait until November or so. It´s a long wait, that´s why we have decided to try for a baby now(if successful, no pills in Yunnan) But then again, if you are struck with Malaria disease, it can lead to miscariages or deformation. This is my other dillemma. Do I take the pills or not ? Some mainland chinese told me China doesn't have Malaria unlike in Africa but what do they really know, they are not from Yunnan, internet says there is Malaria.

I am also looking into vaccinations. Will need a Typherix (I think the trivial name is Typhoid ?) injection for the trip, they say it´s okay to get one.

I can´t find much online whether it is safe to travel there. They say the best possible time to travel in between 16 and 20 weeks so I am trying to time my potential pregnancy to be in the 2nd trimester by then because miscarriages happen mostly in the first 12 weeks. If anything goes wrong, I don´t want to be in China, allthough some hospitals have world-class-standards.

Back