Need weekdays night classes/activities for 3 yrs old in Bt. Panjang - Pls share Info

yhui

My 2nd bb is coming nxt month. My maid has come on board. My girl (3 yrs old) is turning into monster and giving the maid n e rest of family hard time. Her 7 to 7 childcare is not fun enough n I could tell she likes more fun classes/ activities eg.. Tots singing n dancing, art n craft, paper folding.. etc
I need 8pm to 9pm/ 9.30pm such classes once or twice a wk... this will gv her entertaining eveng and helps to divert her attention of the new born.
I m living opp BP CC n their art class re more suit for 4 yrs old. I think songs n music n dance are better but where such classes/ activities in BP. When she was 2 yrs old we hd phonics classes every sat at Beauty world n she loves forming the lines n sings n go round e classroom. But due to current situatn n many a time I hv to relay on public transport is nt possible. I did request bp cc to come up with such classes. I do not mind if there is some private home base classes like this.. even tots group reading or small group chorus... my g need something to attend to. Pls share or advise. Appreciated. Sorry for all e short form.

before i start anything, let me apologise first if i sound rude but bear in mind what i'm gonna say is well intention ya.

errr your gal already attending 7am-7pm childcare and yet u don't wanna spend time with her when she's home??
I suspect your gal is just seeking attention from you coz she doesn't get to spend much time with you and because you are pregnant. She knows there is a new baby coming and thus is jealous. Thus she is acting out and being naughty.

Actually after new baby arrives, it's all more the reason you should put priority to your #1.
It's because your new born baby wouldn't know what's going on. Most important to the new born is make sure fed on time and is full and get enough sleep. Your newborn wouldn't care if you are not spending alot of time with him/her :p

But for your #1, she's old enough to feel jealous and feel abandonment. So you must make sure you still put your priority on her. Don't brush her away when she calls for your attention. Yes of course you'll be busy with the newborn, but try to involve her in the activities. Like when you are breastfeeding the baby, ask her to quietly sit beside you and you may talk to her explaining what you are doing or just invite her to read a book or play some toys by herself in the same room.
another example is when you are changing baby's diaper, ask her to help. Ask her to pass the new diaper to you and praise her for helping you. It may seem like small task to adults but to a 3yo they will feel very proud for being able to do it.

I understand it's going to be tough when new baby arrives but please don't send your #1 to more classes just to get her out of your hair.

She needs reassurance that you will love her the same even after new baby arrives. Sending her to more classes is NOT giving her that message.

Whatever tasks (wash bottles, breastpump, bathe baby, change diaper) that you can 'outsource' out to your maid and hubby, pls just let them do it and then whenever u can, spend time with your gal.

Btw I highly doubt there will be any such late classes for 3yo. Even for a 4yo, the latest class i ever seen is 7.30-8.30pm.
It's because kids this age are suppose to sleep early. Ask any early childhood educators, night timing is not a condusive learning time. They are suppose to relax and unwind to get ready for bedtime. It's not appropriate to stimulate them at such late timing.
Your gal starts school at 7am, doesn't she need to sleep early??

Hope you can think about what I said and you re-evaluate your plans.
Cheers

Don’t know where you are coming from or how experienced you are in this particular area or how many children you have... But every child is different in terms of their expectation from their parents and their characters. Wrong to assume that attention given and time spend was insufficient... Mine has been yelling for milk every 2am and 5am for past 3 years and I hardly have the luxurious to sleep through the night and super tired with 2nd pregnancy and have to perform at work during the day.
I even wake up at 6am when she wants me to accompany her drawing... playing with toys on weekdays and then rushed to work at 7am.
Singing and spending time in the CC dancing... like e folks dances... these re enjoyable evening activities and you shouldn't even make it sounds like or projected it like torturing lessons for 3yo.. It is totally different from "study" n "hard" kinda stuffs. Once or twice a weekday enjoyable evening in my perception is not yours perception of sending to more classes. Some Songs n music sessions are so nice that the child or even the adult will love to sing that same songs again the next day and is smoothing the mood.
Don’t ever think that 3yo is a baby... some don’t sleep that much and many is having sufficient sleep from 10pm till the next morning. Some might not accommodate to sleep early.
Obviously your ideas and perception are different from mine. Thanks for showing concern but due to different in mind-set n background, I ended up have to clarify my position and to handle your objection. Pardon me “道不同不相为盟”. That’s my life not yours and sorry… I’m busy enough and much occupied handling all kinds of objections from families’ members, at work... negative mind-sets,.. etc. Every family have their limitation and rationally working around within their means… That’s my life and I am addressing my issues, not yours. I am seeking help and sharing of good activities recommendation… looking for alliance. So if you are MOMs and in the same boat, kindly share information, skills... etc. My child needs companion for activities, even reading and listening to children’s songs.

Back