Looking for mothers for interview about motherhood and children's health

oyeonj

Hello,

I am a researcher at NUS working on a project about motherhood and children's health. I am looking for a couple of mothers of young children (5 or below), who would like to participate in interviews. You can find the detailed information below. FYI, interviews are done at the venue of your choice, either home or anywhere you feel comfortable. And it is completely fine for you child(ren) to accompany you on interviews. If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected].

Warm regards,
Yeonju

Are You a Mother of Younger Children?
We would like to hear your stories about raising your children healthy!

You are invited to participate in “Being a ‘Good’ Mother, Raising a Healthy Child: Singaporean Mothers’ Stories of Keeping Their Children Healthy,” a research project conducted by a research team at National University of Singapore. We would like to learn from Singaporean mothers’ experiences of keeping their young children healthy in order to help medical practitioners and policy makers better understand mothers’ everyday experiences of children’s healthcare and successfully address children’s health issues. Are you interested in joining the study? Then, please read the detailed information below.

What is my role? You will have two interviews to talk about your story as a mother of young child(ren). In particular, you will be asked to freely narrate your everyday experiences to keep your child(ren) healthy.

Am I eligible for an interview? While the research team would like to have as diverse an interviewee pool as possible, we set few criteria due to time and resource constraints. To take part in this research, four criteria should be met: you must be i) at least 25 years old, ii)a mother of child(ren) aged 5 or below, iii)ethnic Chinese, and iv) agree to your interview being recorded. If you do not meet these criteria, but would like to participate, please contact us so that we can reach you for a similar research project in the future.

What are the procedure of the project? Once your eligibility is clarified, we will schedule a date, time, and venue for an interview at your convenience. We will give you open-ended questions, which means that you will have a chance to freely talk about your experience of keeping your child(ren) healthy. Another interview will be arranged within two months after the first interview to talk further about what has not been fully addressed in the first interview. It is expected that each interview will last about 1 hour and half to 2 hours. Unless you are willing to talk more, the interview will not take longer than 2 hours.

Will I be paid for participating in this project? After each interview, you will receive a $20 Fair Price voucher.

Please contact Oh Yeon Ju at [email protected] if you are interested in this study.

Back