infant seat for small car

janbabygirl

hi

i have a very small car. i need to squeeze my toddler, 3yo & an upcoming infant at the back row. i hope to squeeze in my pint sized helper at back row as well.

i researched at found aton cbx to be one of the smallest infant seat, and is available in singapore.

dino radian r100 is a slim booster seat. but i tink this model is no longer avail. i am not looking at the booster cushion type as i feel this in not safe. i am looking at booster with 5 point harness.

i plan to put rear facing infant seat at centre of back row.

any advise from mummies on squeezing a booster & infant seat at back row of car?

have u check out ridesafer? It's a 5 point harness...

This is 1 of d portable seat belt dat we came across while doing our research. We wanted 1 dat is portable so dat we can bring out n use shld we Grab.

But in d end we decided dat this was not dat portable but more useful if u own a car.

have u check out ridesafer? It's a 5 point harness...

This is 1 of d portable seat belt dat we came across while doing our research. We wanted 1 dat is portable so dat we can bring out n use shld we Grab.

But in d end we decided dat this was not dat portable but more useful if u own a car.

thanks tigger

certainly v interesting & unconventional. it is not a car seat per se but a padded vest. since our toddler is less than 1m tall, may still need a booster cushion (to also comply w TP regulation).

ridesafer may be a last resort option for me.

For your info.

Taken from Singapore Road Traffic Rules:

Anyone below the height of 1.35m will be required to be secured with a child restraint appropriate for a person of that height and weight, use a booster seat to supplement the seat belt or an approved adjustable seat belt. Those with a height of 1.35m and above, irrespective of their age, will be required to wear a seat belt.

This means that regardless of your child’s age, if their height falls below 1.35m, they are required by law to be secured with a child restraint or to use a booster seat or adjustable seat belt when riding in a car.

Previously, the rules stipulated that only children below 8 years old required child seats. However, as of 1 January 2012, this was changed to anyone below 1.35m in consultation with the Ministry of Health and following a review of international standards and practices.

Child restraint which meets one or more of the following standards are approved by Traffic Police:
  1. the American Standard FMVSS 213;
  2. the British Standards B.S. 3254: Part 2: 1988, B.S. AU 202a: 1988, or B.S. AU 185: 1983;
  3. the Australian Standard AS 1754-1975 (including AS 1754.1-1989 Part 1, AS 1754.2-1989 Part 2 and AS 1754.4-1989 Part 4);
  4. the European Standard ECE R44;
  5. the Japanese Standard JIS D0401-1990.

Back