Frugal living

aries_mum

Dear mummies,
Have been reading this blog- the prudent homemaker. The lady feed her family of nine with meals costing 40cents per pax. She grows her food, and uses coupons for her groceries. I understd couponing in usa is a huge thing. For those who watch the show Extreme Couponing on cable,u will know u can pay few dollars to get hundreds dollars worth of grocerie by using loads of coupons.
This is singspore, I don't stay in landed property, cannot grow own food. Coupons in singspore..hmm is there any? How then do we exercise frugal living in singspore? What are yr groceries saving tips..things are so ex....

Did you realize things are getting expensive in singapore mainly due to high rental fees? I find it difficult to save too, the govt is not doing enough to help merchants by increasing rental fees. If you notice, a lot of hdb shops are sharing rental space, if rental fees decrease, things don't hv to be so expensive in singapore. I see more and more hdb shops cannot survive, when the rental fee is high, consumers are also paying for the rental fee as well, not just the price of the item.

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy things online. I know this is out of topic, but if pple want change, they shld know what to do in the next GE.

Back