Food for 1 yr old n 3 yr old.

kin_ton

Hi mummies, what do u cook for your 1 yr old baby besides porridge? Anything that I can cook together for a 3 yr old who doesn't like chewing? Really desperate! Both my 3 yr n 1 yr old refused to chew when eating n most of the time even vomit as they got choked by tiny chunks of food. Help!!

Mashed potatoes (similar to kfc's)
Boiled Egg yolk and rice cerelac.
Minced meat (Fish/chicken) in porridge
Rice, veggies (like beans, pumpkin etc), little bit of spices cooked together, then blend with ladle or hand. Do not use electric blender to mash food for feeding older children. They get used to eating very finer food and hesitate chewing.

I normally make nourishing soups to go with rice, noodles, mee sua, abc pasta. Just mash all the stuff together. They get all the nutrients frm the soup too.

Hi Sungrapes,

May i know how u make the nourishing soups?
I like to feed my 19 mths old boy mee sua, noodles etc but don't know how to make the soup base. Appreciate if u could share some with me. Thanks

i dun make soup base anymore.
For mee suah, i just boil mee suah and add veg. When jus about to be done, i will add minced fish (grouper) or pork (i used pork fillet and cut into small pieces). Dun boil the meat too long as it will become hard.
This takes me like 1/2hr to cook and the taste is fine.

I m great believer in the goodness of soups. So will alwys make stock to freeze. I can make porr for bb and soupy dish for my elder. He likes soup. Smtimes he falls sick,no appetite. I will gv him soup and rice. Plain,simple.

I use pork bones or chicken bones. Smtimes will boil with spring chix or old chicken. I add garlic and slice of ginger.
Tatz all.
The other stuff i will add whenever i cook the dish. Eg. If i making porr, then i add in carrots. If i wan apple soup, then i throw in the apples. In this way, my kids can taste variety of soups whenevr they like.

If i super no time. I make ikan bilis soup.
Wash n soak ikan bilis to remv salt.
Fry some garlic with little bit oil.
Put in ikan bilis and fry till fragrant.
Pour in water and boil for 20mins.
Simple soup base for noodles.
U can add in watever veges u like. Or even break an egg into it.

Back