Failed one IVF and dr suggest fibroid removal by open surgery

SGHK

anyone has similar experience as advised by Dr to conduct fibroid removal via open surgery so as to improve the chance of pregnancy?

In fact I don't have any symptoms due to the fibroids. Really hesitated to go through the open surgery. I got one 3.5 cm and another small one before the ivf process. Likely due to all the hormone injection, got another two now, i total 4 visible fibroids (two in 3.5cam, the other two in 2.x cm).

Anyone receive the fibroid removal via open surgery ? Any success story?

Any follow up on this? Am facing the same situation now, my fibroids were normal not affecting me much prior to IVF. But due to IVF stimulation and hormone pills they have grown bigger now, to the point it starts to press on the uterine lining a little. Doc suggested I hold back ET and treat the fibroids with gnrh agonist, which basically put the body to menopausal temporarily, really dread doing that, like IVF itself is not tough enough on our poor body... :( Anyone has any experience on this and what did you do about it?

Any follow up on this? Am facing the same situation now, my fibroids were normal not affecting me much prior to IVF. But due to IVF stimulation and hormone pills they have grown bigger now, to the point it starts to press on the uterine lining a little. Doc suggested I hold back ET and treat the fibroids with gnrh agonist, which basically put the body to menopausal temporarily, really dread doing that, like IVF itself is not tough enough on our poor body... :( Anyone has any experience on this and what did you do about it?

Yes fibroid size can increase with more jabs. It is better to remove if it is at the lining area because it can affect implantation. Also if U BFP fibroid can grow with baby and risk of miscarriage.

Thanks for your reply Bunny33. Anyone has experience with treating fibroids with TCM? Or combination of western med AND tcm?

Thanks for your reply Bunny33. Anyone has experience with treating fibroids with TCM? Or combination of western med AND tcm?

Tcm or western med cannot help with fibroids only surgery can remove it. U can slow down the process of it growing by controlling your diet.

Not sure if my case helps you to decide, I had 2 polyps and did a surgery called laparoscopy in May, these polyps and/ or fibroids dont really affect us much beside messing up our menses, but if you are trying to conceive, it's better to listen to your gynae by removing them first, because even though if you are successfully conceived, they might be harmful to your baby. Its better to clean them up and create a clean womb for your baby , good luck. :)

I went for this. Took 2 months agonist jabs before I start my IVF.

My case was severe endo with frozen pelvis, i.e. my internal organs are all fused together by the cysts. The injection basically puts these cysts to sleep so that they are not as "angry" and will not be as active when your embies are in.

It also depends on where your fibroids are. As thankfully mine are not within the uterus cavity (they are in the ovaries and outside the uterus), so we are taking a gamble to try for IVF first and see what happens. Because having a surgery means ripping some of my follicles out as the cysts are attached to them.

Back