Christian support for special needs kids

coping

I saw testimonials of healing from autism and dyslexia in the net. How do you feel about God and having a special need child. I read a testimony from lighthouse and I wonder if I send my child to special school will I not be trusting God to heal. Let come n share our faith struggles and testimonies.

i try to fret but pray and trust God..but i do feel scared at times..it is really wondering what will he be... i seen tough cases mild cases n heard of brilliant cases.. n of course the best healing cases! let press on

Hi good try

it's good to know a sister in christ. I attend Lighthouse church at Woodlands and their Touchlight Ministry for parents with special needs child.

I would like to share that its perfectly alright to send your child to special needs school. If you look at it, its humanly impossible for us to help our child on our own. Not only can God heal our child, he will arrange for the right people to help your child through their journey.

Other than prayers and faith, my son also goes to neurofeedback class, speech therapy as well as home based training. I fully believe that my son will heal and be a success.

thanks Angeline.. Can you tell me what is neuro feedback and home based training. Is he in any EPIC? how old is your son? thanks soo much for responding.

i read the lighthouse testimony of healed of autism.. is it your son?

Lord Jesus, I lift up all of my brothers and sisters today who are being held captive by autism and other neurological and emotional disorders which may affect people similarly. I thank you for each and every one of their precious lives. Father, I ask that you touch the brain of every afflicted child. I pray for integration between the two hemispheres, for the biochemical system to come under Your authority, and for the proper firing of every single neuron in every single brain I am lifting up to You today.

I also ask You, Jesus, to heal the senses of your children today. Allow them to feel the pleasure and connection from touch. Restore the nerves in their skin so their bodies are neither insensitive nor too sensitive to contact with humans or animals. Restore the ability to taste food, decrease the sensitivity to visual and auditory stimuli. Allow the brain to filter out unnecessary sensory information, and completely restore the bodies of those who suffer from sensory and emotional deprivation.

Give each child peace, Father. I pray You heal the overwhelming anxiety each one of them feels today. Cut each person free from the darkness of social isolation. I pray for Your love to reach every single one of these lambs.

In Your Name, Jesus, I pray. I thank You for your desire and ability to heal each and every suffering person who is brought to your feet. I bring them to you each day amen

If God is for us who can be against us? Lord I rely in you and you alone..what will be our children like? Who will care for them? Lord I choose not to worry you care for the sparrows n wild flowers, you will care for my son.thank you Lord for loving us so much and by your blood, my son wei en is healed.amen

Hi,

I have a autistic 5yo son and I am attending the Lighthouse at Tampines too... my take is that it is ok to send yr boy to special needs school, like what angeline mentioned god will assign the right people to heal our special kids .....

Psalm 118:1-29 NIV

Give thanks to the Lord , for he is good;
his love endures forever. Let Israel say:
"His love endures forever." Let the house of Aaron say:
"His love endures forever." Let those who fear the Lord say:
"His love endures forever." When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord ;
he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
I look in triumph on my enemies. It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in humans. It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in princes. All the nations surrounded me,
but in the name of the Lord I cut them down. They surrounded me on every side,
but in the name of the Lord I cut them down. They swarmed around me like bees,
but they were consumed as quickly as burning thorns;
in the name of the Lord I cut them down. I was pushed back and about to fall,
but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and my defense;
he has become my salvation. Shouts of joy and victory
resound in the tents of the righteous:
"The Lord 's right hand has done mighty things! The Lord 's right hand is lifted high;
the Lord 's right hand has done mighty things!" I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the Lord has done. The Lord has chastened me severely,
but he has not given me over to death. Open for me the gates of the righteous;
I will enter and give thanks to the Lord . This is the gate of the Lord
through which the righteous may enter. I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
you have become my salvation. The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone; the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes. The Lord has done it this very day;
let us rejoice today and be glad. Lord , save us!
Lord , grant us success! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord .
From the house of the Lord we bless you. The Lord is God,
and he has made his light shine on us.
With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession
up to the horns of the altar. You are my God, and I will praise you;
you are my God, and I will exalt you. Give thanks to the Lord , for he is good;
his love endures forever. What prog is your child in now' thanks for replying God is sending me pple daily to support me..

Jesus said, “Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

i just drop him there n will try to join him for half an hr.
How abt yr son ? Where is he attending sch now ?

Last year jan 2011, I am not sure abt the special
Needs service cuz my boy hvnt started gg Lighthouse
Svcs.

Lord teach me to be patient...such irony in life! Tried so hard to help nephew n ended up I need help with own son too.Lord can I know your plans for us?

Back