Advice Need: Any good baby carrier recommend??

try manduca my dear
is good for spine and back pain
happy.gif

Hi jkids, for me, I bought the original in galaxy grey with infant insert. But if your baby is more than 4 months old, then i dt think you need the infant insert. There is a few range but unfortunately, not full range is available in singapore.

Alternatively,, u can also consider another brand i.e beco. It is comparable but slightly cheaper since the infant insert is already attached to the carrier itself. No need to buy additional insert.

You may wish to visit Baby Carriers at Novena Square Two as they have all the carriers there. You should bring baby along too so that you can see if baby likes that carrier too.

to me, the purpose of a good bb carrier is to carry bb when u go walking or shopping.

thanks thanks.

for baby carriers, usually under what circustances do u use it?

any limited time to leave bb inside the carrier?

so when u r eating, i suppose bb is still wif u but in d carrier?

in general, is the strip thick? i ask coz i need to carry a handbag while having the bb carrier on.

I used the baby carrier only to go out alone. Coz if without my hubby, its realy hard for me to bring bb out with stroller. For example, my bb now is only 3 months old, if i take a cab alone, i cant carry him and at the same time keep the stroller.

I also bought the carrier based on online reviews. The good thing abt ergo and beco carrier is thr carrier has a little pouch for bb buttocks to rest on, so bb is like in a sitting position. Whereas for baby bjorn(another very popular brand) the baby is practically resting all his weight on his groin area so i guess its not so comfy for long hours.

As for the strap, i have no problem taking my handbag with bb in carrier at all.

But with bb in carrier, its hard to sit and eat frankly. So if u go shopping or long hours, bring stroller with you if u got someone with you. Put bb in strollerr unless he doesnt like to stay in for too long, at least u have carrier to carry him. Then when eating, put him back to stroller lor.

Good thing abt the ergo or beco carriers is, it is very light weight and can easily be kept under the stroller. So very mobile.

I'm thinking whether to go for the cloth carrier (pupsik) or a proper carrier like ergo or beco. Any advice for me please?

Im a 1st time mummy in Jan 2012. Being kiasu, i have 1st bought the pupsik pouch sling too thinking that infant can only be cradle carried.

I tried to put on the sling pouch and put bb in. Bb hates to be inside coz its very warm and the pouch in front do not allow bb leg to stretch fully coz he have to accomodate the pouch being in a curve shape when slinged. In my opinion, it looks like it might interfere the development of infant spine like the sarong cradle since he has to maintain curve position for long time.

Its also kinda hard to put in bb by yourself and by the time u succeed, im sure you would be perspiring like mad.
happy.gif

Im managed to send back my pouch and pupsik was kind enough to refund me upon receipt.

This is my experience. I do not know abt other more experienced mothers but for a newbie like me, it was really hard.

Thanks Cindy. My delivery is on 1 June. After that I will b bringing baby back to shanghai cos me and hb working overseas. I'll b traveling back alone so thought maybe a light carrier would b good cos I'll b bringing back stroller, playpen, mattress, breast pump etc etc, too many things liao. Ok, I'll check out ergo or beco. There's a baby exhibition starting tomorrow at suntec.

Hi, I have difficulty trying to buckle the chest strape behind me. Any solution to this? I am using ergo carrier.

Jkids, what i did was, the 1st thing i buckle was the back buckle. 1st, before everything, buckle the back one coz u can pull the whole carrier forward when trying to reach the buckle. Then after that buckle, pull back the carrier in place.

After that, i will lay the carrier flat on sofa with urself sitting and slightly leaning forward. Then put baby on top of carrier. Then carry bb with carrier to desired height then put on the 2 side buckles and adjust side straps with one hand. Lastly then buckle the waist one and da dah! Baby is all secured! Hope this helps.

thanks cindy. interesting way to put bb in but is is challenging when putting bb inthe carrier? i usually buckle waist, then carry bb to me, then put on shoulder strap, n got stucked at the chest strape at the back. i will try this.

and cindy..when bb is in the carrier and has to spread out his legs to accomodate to the way we carry him, the carrier company said it doesnt interfere in bb's leg developement. what do u think huh? coz i see bb's legs being stretched wide out in the carrier. n when i remove bb fr carrier, can see abut of redness behind the kneecap, d area where he bends his legs. n i only carry for 10 min...is this normal?

Jkids, at first, i also have the same worry as you. But bb seems very comfy in the carrier. Coz whenever i carry him to sit on my lap while in car, he will always make noise. But whenever i put him in carrier then in car, 10 times out of 10 times he will always fall asleep in the carrier.

Regarding the development part, im not 100% sure but being a kiasu and kiasi mummy, i will only put him in the carrier for short period ie lesser than 2 hours. Coz i think small periods should be fine bah. Interference to development only occurs if same posture is maintained over long hours and long period of time? Until his bone is more developed like after 6 months, then can slightly increase the time he can be in the carrier lo.

Anyway, with him so young, its also hard to go out long hours with him alone. If need go out long hours kind, wait for hubby to go with me and bring stroller lor.

Ergo babies are great as it distributes the weight evenly across your hips and not on your shoulders.

hi

do you guys feel the pain in the knee cap or leg sole when you need to carry your child in the bb carrier? is the pain normal?

Ergo definitely! It's better for the back and also, better to keep baby facing u, coz u wont know what unidentified flying objects may hit him/ her from the front!

I read a lot online and forum and also consider maduca. But want to chk w moms who use it when bb is less than six months old. Must get something like sitting and knees above hips which maduca is one of them. But thinking is it good for a tiny bb to open legs as wide as our waist? If for big size daddy carry bb, bb needs to spread legs even wider.

Shouldn't be a problem coz manduca comes with a built in infant insert so younger babies need not split legs wide apart. You can google around for videos on how to wear bb in newborn mode. I started wearing my baby girl in manduca when she was 3mths+, now that she is currently almost 9mths old I can carry her in the same manduca carrier in hip carry mode. Value for money in my opinion.

Tks chrmei, I saw a video wearing a tiny bb using the insert. Do u mean the thin cloth triangular shape insert or there is sth like ergo insert?

hmm, i started out with a pupsik sling which my baby loved because he could fall asleep in a blink, but when he got a little bigger I transited him to a kathmandu baby carrier for 2-8kg babies. It was given as a gift, but I would highly recommend it; comes with a good neck support, and doesn't stretch the legs out too wide like the ergo. I've an ergo too, which I plan to use once my baby outgrows his kathmandu. Now that he's bigger he's able to straddle my waist with less problems. I agree that the weight is distributed well at the hips instead of the shoulders for the ergo... and it's really comfortable to carry, too.
happy.gif

Back