Kkh subsidized route or fixed gyne

MkJy

Hi, just to check if i should go to the subsidized route or fixed a gyne as for my first kid i went to the kkh subsidized route and after that got pregnant again and unfortunately have a miscarriage and now i think i might be pregnant again. Should i fixed a gyne or just continue with the subsidized route? Please advise thanks :)

I thought about it before too and the nurses at NUH told me that once i upgrade to private, i cannot downgrade to govt patient, if i want to i have to provide alot of documents for them to access before they approve and the fees under private is about x3 or x4 the govt rates, i understand govt waiting time is long but cost wise, alot of difference.

if you are able to manage the financial part and have no intent to downgrade in future, maybe u can go for private?

otherwise, stick to govt and pay govt rates so we can save alot $.

I thought about it before too and the nurses at NUH told me that once i upgrade to private, i cannot downgrade to govt patient, if i want to i have to provide alot of documents for them to access before they approve and the fees under private is about x3 or x4 the govt rates, i understand govt waiting time is long but cost wise, alot of difference.

if you are able to manage the financial part and have no intent to downgrade in future, maybe u can go for private?

otherwise, stick to govt and pay govt rates so we can save alot $.

Okay thanks, i know subsidized is a lot cheaper. Thanks will stick to subsidized route if i tested positive this time round :)

but i do hear from my friend who told me private is good when near to due date, at least we have the doctor who we are comfortable with through out the journey but when i know about the cons, i also unsure whether govt or private but surely the cost is one factor.

Yeah, if time and cost is not a factor. Get private.

Pte at KKH is about same cost at pte gynae outside.

Back