(2015/04) April 2015 Jubilee Babies

Hi ladies. I'm looking at PEM confinement and they r offering post natal jamu massage. I'm supposed to book now when I'm making deposit for the confinement lady.

How many sessions of jamu massage is usually done? Thanks!

How much is PEM confinement charges? I am also looking for CL.
For #1, I took 10 sessions of massage. Tummy flatten quite fast. Hee.

Luvparis & synlc, thank you!

Synlc, yup so that's why everyday must make sure get enuff rest. I find my body get stiff easily and when stiff, very very tight.

styliciously, are you still continuing working out? I am still going for my step aerobics and zumba... but during class I tone down a bit... try to restrict from jumping too much...

Jastan, yup. But maybe need to change the type of exercises that we do and stick to low impact ones like pilates n yoga. The day after I found out, I still went for open water swim and run with my friends on sat. But somehow, my tummy suddenly got much bigger this past week. Yesterday, I jogged and did some exercise in my home gym. Hmm.. Feels abit scared though if anything happen. But now I suppose need to tone down n listen to ur body more

PEM charges are almost the same as those CL charging outside. Some CL quote me from 2.5-2.8k.
My last CL not really good in cooking. Every meal use a lot of seasoning to cook. 1 week can finish 1-2 bottles of seasoning. I eat until buay tahan. Yucks.

Hello! Just discovered this forum and so glad to see that members are posting and are so friendly. (I posted in another forum and got no replies. Zzz).

I'm on my second pregnancy. I miscarried my first one last year, so I'm hoping that this time will be ok. Currently at around 9 weeks. I am very very scared of what could happen.

I currently have bad constipation. I try taking Fybogel to help and eat fruits like papaya and banana. I told the doctor abt it and he prescribed liquid paraffin. I took some this morning after not being able to pass for 2 days. Not sure how long it takes to take effect. Anybody have any experience? I feel very nauseous just because I can't poop. I was like that too even before being pregnant. I have to go everyday or else I just feel like something not right and I feel sick. I know though that I don't drink enough water. Sometimes water is quite yucky tasting to me and I end up not drinking enough. :(

I also puked my dinner last night. First time puking, so not sure if it's the "morning sickness" kicking in now. I hope not cos I don't think I can handle constipation and vomiting at the same time. How??

And to complicate everything, I have travel plans coming up next Friday. Everything booked before knowing I was pregnant and it's a family trip, so a bit hard to cancel. Plus the family doesn't know I'm pregnant.

So this is my current situation. Just wanted to say hi.

Hi Jene,
Congrats and welcome here. :)
I am also having constipation problem. Longest period I nv poo was 2 weeks. I am having MS, puking most of the time. Tummy doesn't really have any food to digest so I didn't poo poo for so long.
Try having fruit or prune juice. Fruit juices worked for me.

@luvparis omg. I think I will panic to no end if I don't poo for 2 weeks. I have been eating quite ok so far as not affected by puking, just a bit of nausea…until yesterday. I feel nauseous when my stomach is empty, so I try to eat a small thing here and there like crackers or fruit or drink nestum cereal. I tried prune juice yesterday after dinner. Not sure if that's what made me puke. I ate prunes before but no such reaction. The juice tastes just like eating prunes (duh!) but somehow different? I only took a few sips and don't really like it. I need to try again.

Try having the dried prune too. It taste better.
Doc told me to drink more water but I can't really drink. I am sipping on ribena. :(

Hi jene! Saying hi too!

I'm a pharmacist and references said it takes 6-8 hours for oral liquid parrafin. However, fybrogel and fruit juices/ fruits are safer in pregnancy.

I miscarried in Feb and is hopping that this one will be ok too! I'm having the Down syndrome test in Monday :)

As for ur family trip, I kind of think it's wiser for them to know. And I've been advised to cancel my trip in my first trimester too. I postponed the trip to 2nd trimester when it's more stable, esp when we hv miscarriaged previously. I think the turbulence on the plane may not be too good for the baby. Take care!

@luvparis I understand the part about not drinking enough water. I have the same problem. I think today I only drank 2 cups of water in total. :( I know it's only aggravating my constipation but sometimes it's hard to swallow anything in fear of feeling more nauseous after. I need to try drinking more. You too, ok?

Hello monochrome189! Thanks for the info. I think the paraffin hasn't worked on me or else I took too little this morning. Actually not sure how it works. I thought it's to make the stool softer, but mine is still so hard. I am very uncomfortable, it hurts a lot and I can't sit properly. Lying down also is a problem. Kind of need to lie down sideways. Should I take another dose tomorrow?

My Down Syndrome test will be on 15 oct. Do let me know how it's done. Is it just a blood test? Or what kind of scan is it? I was reading a magazine and they wrote abt using a needle to extract something from the tummy. It got me so scared.

Abt the trip, I think cannot cancel. I am a bit apprehensive abt going too. Cos how to enjoy under such situation?

Jene, u can take another dose, usually 3 times a day, but don't take it for prolonged period due to risk of malabsorption of fat-soluble vitamins. Liquid paraffin is under the class of Mineral oil, whereas Fybogel is under Bulk Forming agents. There's a nice article here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3418980/

I heard that the test will be a blood test and a scan. The invasive needle procedure "Aminocentesis" is only if the mother is of a high risk for Down's syndrome.

monochrome189, is being past 35 called high risk? I am 35 already. And thank you for the link. Will read it.

ImageUploadedByForum1411897076.106581.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1411897088.678455.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1411897100.534819.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1411897109.749979.jpg

Hi jene, after the blood test and NT scan then if ur risk is calculated to be high, then u can decide on the additional diagnostic test :)

@monochrome So scary lah. Omg see the pic only so stressed. also I am still having pain in my rectum cos can't pass motion properly. I am so tired of trying.

Hi happyblossom! I will whatever my gynae advises....i just hope its positive news after the oscar test so I don't need to go for further tests...thats y i am nervous..if its negative, then I think I will go for harmoney or amino if gynae advises.....still worrying....but trying my best to stay positive....what about you? I think we should wait for the oscar results before deciding what to do next....

happy blossom: I don't have many friends giving me advice on this so I will just go for the oscar test first and see how. You can still go harmony test after getting your oscar results right? i guess it means spending more money because you will be doing 2 tests as compared to if you just go for harmony....have u done your oscar test yet?

happy blossom: I don't have many friends giving me advice on this so I will just go for the oscar test first and see how. You can still go harmony test after getting your oscar results right? i guess it means spending more money because you will be doing 2 tests as compared to if you just go for harmony....have u done your oscar test yet?
haha not yet, 2wks later. ya thats y i confuse do both or wait oscar leh

For oscar test,its only take blood. Stay positive. Tink unless after oscar test the percentage is higher then will go for harmony test

Anyone here have pets ( like dog/cat) now during pregnancy?
Im still thinking how to take care of him ( eg bath him , walk him) as my tummy gets bigger ..
hubby not helping.. :(

Last edited:
Anyone here have pets ( like dog/cat) now during pregnancy?
Im still thinking how to take care of him ( eg bath him) as my tummy gets bigger ..

I have dog at home, but I am not taking care of her......
What pet do you have at home? cat or dog? If cat, you better avoid your cat during your pregnancy. They might bring some virus Toxoplasma which is not good for your baby.

I got a pet dog at home as well. My hubby is helping to bath her. If not is the any pet shop near ur place? I dun think it cost much for a weekly basic grooming (bath). Daily evening walk good for mummy and baby too. Hee.
If ur hubby is willing to help u is the best. :)

Back