Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Is it normal. I am abt 31wks. Baby 2.1kg n turn down already. Oooo dear. I anxious I haven't even prepare anything for my baby.

Dun worry about it. Baby is not due for delivery yet. The exact phrase is "Baby is in position" - quoted from THH. Between now till around week 36, baby may still turn. So nearer to ur EDD, if baby is still in position, avoid big movements or huge influx of adrenaline coz it will cause baby to change position. My baby was in position around week 17 and stayed in that position till i delivered. Good Luck!

My gynae knew about the cord around his neck and told my hubby but he didn't tell me.. My gynae said that I'm unlucky to meet that Doctor cos he's damn particular one... Anyway, it's just my luck.. Haha.. It's over and all was well, that was more impt (although my boy suffered a cut from the forceps but that is really nothing) my hubby said his heart broke seeing the baby with the cord around the neck when he was out.. I didn't see it though... I was so exhausted actually..

In any case, i am glad that both mummy and baby are safe! hope it does not affect you too much :)

THH is very zai wan. If no serious issue, most of the time during consultation consist of small talks or gossip time. Dun scare yourself, k?
He very notti la. Keep saying I very relax. Compare to my 1st one. I told him no Lo. 1st one I experience bleeding during my 13wk n 3rd tri. Warded twice Lo. This time more backache n butt pain. + 1time espiode of spotting x3. When I ask him twice for letter to do admission to chop a bed. His reply me csect cannot chop bed??? Chop him to do c-sect can.

He very notti la. Keep saying I very relax. Compare to my 1st one. I told him no Lo. 1st one I experience bleeding during my 13wk n 3rd tri. Warded twice Lo. This time more backache n butt pain. + 1time espiode of spotting x3. When I ask him twice for letter to do admission to chop a bed. His reply me csect cannot chop bed??? Chop him to do c-sect can.

Ohh, no wonder you so kan cheong. But then every pregnancy is different, over-worry oso no good wor.
Wahaha.... he's so lame!!!! Choop him to do csect??? Already pay pte rate of coz can choop him la. LOL
My time when i asked if he would be away in the 1 month leading up to my EDD, he said he would be around unless he's sooo sick until he cannot move. I was like "Duh"

Ohh, no wonder you so kan cheong. But then every pregnancy is different, over-worry oso no good wor.
Wahaha.... he's so lame!!!! Choop him to do csect??? Already pay pte rate of coz can choop him la. LOL
My time when i asked if he would be away in the 1 month leading up to my EDD, he said he would be around unless he's sooo sick until he cannot move. I was like "Duh"
Haha ya come to think of it i never seen him take MC...
Only once he was like kinda sick then still seeing patients for consultation. So poor thing!

Haha ya come to think of it i never seen him take MC...
Only once he was like kinda sick then still seeing patients for consultation. So poor thing!

Maybe got take MC before bah, just that we duno coz we dun see him everyday. But it's his chosen path when he chose this specialty? I duno, but i saw him in the hospital last Sun when i went to visit my friend. He came to visit a patient whom he did not get a chance to do so on Fri and Sat. He said later like me, when he go over to the ward, only left with the ward gown on the bed. LOL. Am certainly impressed by his professionalism, attitude and good memory!

Maybe got take MC before bah, just that we duno coz we dun see him everyday. But it's his chosen path when he chose this specialty? I duno, but i saw him in the hospital last Sun when i went to visit my friend. He came to visit a patient whom he did not get a chance to do so on Fri and Sat. He said later like me, when he go over to the ward, only left with the ward gown on the bed. LOL. Am certainly impressed by his professionalism, attitude and good memory!
I remember my last pregnancy, I admitted due to bleeding on sat morning. The O&G dr refuse to inform dr tan. When I in the ward the staff also refuse. Until the nurse manager help me contact Dr Tan. He came back on Sunday ard 9.00pm in his home wear to see me at ward. So nice of him.

I chop. Ask he don't take leave on that day and make sure he ard. Hahaha

I remember my last pregnancy, I admitted due to bleeding on sat morning. The O&G dr refuse to inform dr tan. When I in the ward the staff also refuse. Until the nurse manager help me contact Dr Tan. He came back on Sunday ard 9.00pm in his home wear to see me at ward. So nice of him.

I gave birth at ard 4am plus on Sunday and he visited me in the morning ard 10am in his home wear too. He really doesn't rest much. Really appreciate his dedication. =)

Dr Tan didn't say anything. After seeing the scan report, he only say everything ok. See u in 4wks time. Make me more gan chiong. In 4wks time meaning I going to delivery soon.
i everytime see him, he also tell me everything ok. i dont even know is head down or not.

THH is very zai wan. If no serious issue, most of the time during consultation consist of small talks or gossip time. Dun scare yourself, k?
i agree. he always gossip to us one. last round talk abt insurance. detail scan he jus said, everything ok. weight abt avg percentile. thats all lo. then chit chat liao!

For twin mummies,

When did your doc put you on bedrest?
my 2 legs are super swollen everyday. finding it more and more difficult to go to work.
im in my 29 weeks only. :(

For twin mummies,

my 2 legs are super swollen everyday. finding it more and more difficult to go to work.
Usually no bed rest unless got other conditions. Raise up your legs when sitting down or sleeping time. Still need to slow walk to help delivery.

i everytime see him, he also tell me everything ok. i dont even know is head down or not.
He say everything ok. Until I keep forgetting to ask him abt cord blood. I want to donate now abt 31wks I think too late if I wait until next visit in 4wks. I better call n ask first. My baby head down is informed by the sonographer during the scan not Dr Tan.

He say everything ok. Until I keep forgetting to ask him abt cord blood. I want to donate now abt 31wks I think too late if I wait until next visit in 4wks. I better call n ask first. My baby head down is informed by the sonographer during the scan not Dr Tan.
Don't worry... U can always call up the cord blood bank or else there is a rep who hangs out at the pte suite, mb u will bump into her.
I was kinda lazy to sign up last time then when i met the rep by accident on wk 37, i signed up on the spot... Haha... Next wk give birth liao.

Don't worry... U can always call up the cord blood bank or else there is a rep who hangs out at the pte suite, mb u will bump into her.
I was kinda lazy to sign up last time then when i met the rep by accident on wk 37, i signed up on the spot... Haha... Next wk give birth liao.
Oh...that bespectacled auntie laa...she's always walking around to "hunt" for pregnant mommies. She saw me sitting at Pte Suite few days back, was waiting for her to approach me...BUT, she walked away! Me potential donor ley.

i agree. he always gossip to us one. last round talk abt insurance. detail scan he jus said, everything ok. weight abt avg percentile. thats all lo. then chit chat liao!

Yes. The consultation after detail scan is really v v short.
Haha. He only chit chats after he gets to know us better. But come to think of it, we should be thankful that there's usually nothing serious to discuss. Means both baby n mummy are healthy n doing well. =)

For twin mummies,

If you think u really need rest, you can try to request HL. Yup, raise up your legs when you're sleeping and also, when at your work desk. My massage auntie also taught me to use my knuckles to massage my forearm up to my arm when showering or moisturizing as apparently it's 'linked' to your calves/shin area. But feet she do for me as she knows which are the accupoints that can be pressed on that won't trigger labour! I can PM her contact if you are keen.

Yes. The consultation after detail scan is really v v short.
Haha. He only chit chats after he gets to know us better. But come to think of it, we should be thankful that there's usually nothing serious to discuss. Means both baby n mummy are healthy n doing well. =)

Indeed! I rather have short consultations which implies that everything is good!

Oh...that bespectacled auntie laa...she's always walking around to "hunt" for pregnant mommies. She saw me sitting at Pte Suite few days back, was waiting for her to approach me...BUT, she walked away! Me potential donor ley.
Haha yah!!! Aiyah mb u bump into her again la...

I am v stressed... Just did oscar and the doctor said the NT thickness is high :(

Everything else is normal and in fact my overall risk is v low.

But he said the NT definitely got problem and asked me to go for extra scans, though no need to do amnio. No need amnio cos he thinks it is not DS or trisomy 18 etc, but cld be metabolic diseases...

Omg i am so stressed...

I am v stressed... Just did oscar and the doctor said the NT thickness is high :(

But he said the NT definitely got problem and asked me to go for extra scans, though no need to do amnio. No need amnio cos he thinks it is not DS or trisomy 18 etc, but cld be metabolic diseases...

Omg i am so stressed...
Mai kan chiong first...go for the scans and see how...did you meet up with THH? What did he say?

Mai kan chiong first...go for the scans and see how...did you meet up with THH? What did he say?
No le... Didn't see him. My appt with him in Jun...

Anw i was qt irritated with his assistant at TPS. Really cmi. Told her I need to change his appt date cos of scan, she said need to fax request to clinic D then she sms me to update 2 wks later. I asked her how come need 2 wks just to cfm an appt? Her ans: I am gg on leave.

I just went straight to clinic D and Felicia fixed it immediately :D

Hello. I got insurance enquiry. Which one (coy) is good as in cover most needs? Ard wat budget. So many question marks......

Anw i was qt irritated with his assistant at TPS. Really cmi. Told her I need to change his appt date cos of scan, she said need to fax request to clinic D then she sms me to update 2 wks later. I asked her how come need 2 wks just to cfm an appt? Her ans: I am gg on leave.

U spoke to TPS assistant Esther? I find she can be very irritating. Everytime I step in only ask me want mc anot. My reply is wait first. Her reply so you want HL is it. Arrrgh. At least let us discuss our condition with dr tan first. I montior myself for my sugar. She told dr tan I decline the referral. I quite pissed off with her. We pay dr tan's fee no need her 2cents of advice. I like FeliCa. Always keep quiet n wait for us to finish discussion with dr tan then she will do the necessary.

By the way heard that dr tan is going away end May to early June for 2wks I think.

It's definitely easier to make an appt to see him at clinic D. Hope it's nothing serious. I rem one of the Feb mummies had something similar and it turned out to be a false alarm.

Aiyo, so CMI, the assistant. Ya, quickly see him and see what he says..hope all will be ok!

U spoke to TPS assistant Esther? I find she can be very irritating. Everytime I step in only ask me want mc anot. My reply is wait first. Her reply so you want HL is it. Arrrgh. At least let us discuss our condition with dr tan first. I montior myself for my sugar. She told dr tan I decline the referral. I quite pissed off with her. We pay dr tan's fee no need her 2cents of advice. I like FeliCa. Always keep quiet n wait for us to finish discussion with dr tan then she will do the necessary.

By the way heard that dr tan is going away end May to early June for 2wks I think.
I see... Ya think he coming back 10 jun...
Thanks for ur advice. Ya the TPS assistant really a bit zzzzz...

Omg i am so stressed...

My Oscar test tt time is not good...the report said cannot detect bb nasal bone...

I keep crying cos I was thinking my bb has no nose..till my appt w my Dr TanHH which he suggested i go for paranoma test....n thank God result is okay...

Dun worry (I know is difficult not to worry) n see what Dr TanHH advise 1st...Oscar test do have false reading at times...

Last edited:

OMG!! He's going away!!?? But when I book my csec date with him I double confirm if he's around he said yes...cham liao! I better ask him again tmr.

Also can I check w experience mummies here. I've been feeling menses cramp lately. Is it a sign of impending labour? I'll be 35 weeks tmr...hoping to hold on for another week...

For twin mummies,

dont think so.. unless gt complication

huh.. felicia still booked me to see dr tan on 3/6!

Ladies I no too sure. Just saw is at other posting. Maybe milogal88 can confirm with him Tmr during your consult. Sometime he clear leave but still in Singapore. Sorry to cause the panick here

Ok mb i am wrong la. Cld be just the day before 10 jun he is not free but he is actually ard alr for the week... Sorry if i caused any of u to panic.

OMG!! He's going away!!?? But when I book my csec date with him I double confirm if he's around he said yes...cham liao! I better ask him again tmr.

Also can I check w experience mummies here. I've been feeling menses cramp lately. Is it a sign of impending labour? I'll be 35 weeks tmr...hoping to hold on for another week...
I did experience this menses cramp thing for a while (from abt wk 36) esp at night. I think it is braxton hicks. If u find the cramps come in regular waves then it is the start of contractions. To put ur mind at ease, even wk 37 I haven't start labour so guess no need to worry, just monitor.

My Oscar test tt time is not good...the report said cannot detect bb nasal bone...

I keep crying cos I was thinking my bb has no nose..till my appt w my Dr TanHH which he suggested i go for paranoma test....n thank God result is okay...

Dun worry (I know is difficult not to worry) n see what Dr TanHH advise 1st...Oscar test do have false reading at times...
Thanks for ur advice gal... I felt like crying during scan. It was by a very experienced gyne so I believed everything he said. He also said amnio no use cos he thinks it is not one of the common chromosomal deletions like down's syndrome :( so don't think harmony test is advisable for me. I am glad things worked out well for u though. Really pray my bb is ok. I can't imagine if have to go thru a termination, esp looking at my bb on the scan. This one looked so happy moving ard and waving. Not like my #1 always sleeping lol...

Omg i am so stressed...

No stress No stress. Maybe you 12 bring forward your next appt with THH and see what he says.
Is the dr who did the scan for you A/Prof Tan Kok Hian? He was very assuring and similar to THH's style, also break "bad news" subtly but clear.

So is THH going away for 2 long weeks ah? I oso have appt with him on 3 Jun le.
I read from another post that he will be away from 26-31 May only.

I paid cash all in all about $4000 plus...the rest all paid by medi save max out is $4500.....

Some even is preemie (mine is preemies) if everything ok not necessary be in nicu so dun worry...maybe u dun even need c-sec? See what Dr say 1st....

Maybe u can op for B1 1st...den decide later after birth....

my doc recommend c-sec due to my age
If you think u really need rest, you can try to request HL. Yup, raise up your legs when you're sleeping and also, when at your work desk. My massage auntie also taught me to use my knuckles to massage my forearm up to my arm when showering or moisturizing as apparently it's 'linked' to your calves/shin area. But feet she do for me as she knows which are the accupoints that can be pressed on that won't trigger labour! I can PM her contact if you are keen.

please Pm me the contact
Thanks babe!

Thanks for ur advice gal... I felt like crying during scan. It was by a very experienced gyne so I believed everything he said. He also said amnio no use cos he thinks it is not one of the common chromosomal deletions like down's syndrome :( so don't think harmony test is advisable for me. I am glad things worked out well for u though. Really pray my bb is ok. I can't imagine if have to go thru a termination, esp looking at my bb on the scan. This one looked so happy moving ard and waving. Not like my #1 always sleeping lol...

Try to stay +ve for ur bb...nothing is confirm yet so just wait till u see Dr THH n see what he say...

my doc recommend c-sec due to my age

Ic..as mention by other mummy/mummy to be in d forum ...*touchwood* if anything during d c-sec...can have d option to down to lower ward in kkh

I saw d B2 ward (cos bb was admin to d nursery for jaundice) ..a bit crowded n in/outflow of ppl quite high....so perhaps stick to what ever make u comfy...

Ya la, can understand how you feel..nobody hopes for such things to happen. Hopefully, THH can see you soon and gives you the assurance that you need! Everything will be fine!!

Ladies I no too sure. Just saw is at other posting. Maybe milogal88 can confirm with him Tmr during your consult. Sometime he clear leave but still in Singapore. Sorry to cause the panick here
what happen when he is on leave? patients being seen by covering doc or push back appt?

what happen when he is on leave? patients being seen by covering doc or push back appt?

Usually if appt is fixed and he could not be around, the nurses will call to re-schedule the appt. As for cases of delivery, he told me that he will come back for the delivery unless he is overseas or during emergency cases where immediate attention is required.

Ya la, can understand how you feel..nobody hopes for such things to happen. Hopefully, THH can see you soon and gives you the assurance that you need! Everything will be fine!!
Try to stay +ve for ur bb...nothing is confirm yet so just wait till u see Dr THH n see what he say...
Thanks a lot... I will go for scan with another pte specialist doctor. His appt on in mid June I don't think i can take it, wait so long.

Usually if appt is fixed and he could not be around, the nurses will call to re-schedule the appt. As for cases of delivery, he told me that he will come back for the delivery unless he is overseas or during emergency cases where immediate attention is required.
oic.. then shld be fine ba. my adc scan is 2/6 n felicia purposely put 3/6 coz 2/6 he doesnt have noon clinic. if nt wait for them to call lo

Back