Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

My frd advised me to go Camden Tanglin...

But just now kkh mentioned i got fibroid but need to dbl check again.. coz my ivf transferred 2 embryos but only 1 become viable... the counsellor mentioned if there is fibroid growth then i cant take Harmony.. Only left with Amino.... im worried abt this invasive Amino test

Why fibroid cannot do harmony? I never heard of it before. I think U should seek second opinion. No need go Camden unless U are high risk. Other pte dr also can advise.

Constipation is a biatch!!!!! I'm also very worried I'll accidentally push out my babies when shyting too hard! damn sian! But with the shyte stuck at the custom, I'm also in agony! Very frustrating!

Sleeping wise, I'll take a least 10 mins to find a comfy position. But think I exerted pressure on my right side as I feel some aching on the right side of my body. Sometimes, I really feel like sleeping upright on the couch.
There was once I was sitting on the toilet bowl for one good hour and there was this piece of shit that, no matter what, refused to come out and I was worried that if I continued to exert force, it would be bad for the baby.

I went back to the toilet after getting a surgical glove, use the fingers to dig that piece of shit out!

april_lsy, I would say go for 2nd opinion too. We are with TMC, did so-iui and harmony. now at week 13+ 14.
cost is $1,200.00 before GST-FYI. Seek help in April 2015 as we dun wan to wait...so Tfc.
to avoid any misunderstanding, I am a Mr.
My wife de friend also did so-iui. Procedure is similar to IVF, as i read on. she advised dun go for oscar, as she did both. Hence we did harmony straight.
Amino got risk, which all know. Would advise go harmony, if all Ok.

There was once I was sitting on the toilet bowl for one good hour and there was this piece of shit that, no matter what, refused to come out and I was worried that if I continued to exert force, it would be bad for the baby.

I went back to the toilet after getting a surgical glove, use the fingers to dig that piece of shit out!

Yucks haha

I bought the one from AIA since my current insurance plans are all under AIA. I think there's only slight difference between the 2 since both are also ILP. Ya, just treat it as a savings plan for the kiddos next time. More importantly, if *touchwood* born pre-term, the bb have coverage already. AXA can buy from 16 weeks & AIA 18 weeks. Once you clear your Oscars test and no issues, quickly decide on which policy you prefer then get the agent to prepare the paperwork as you'll still need your gyne to endorse on some declaration together with a copy of your Oscars test results for the underwriter to review before they approve. And if you've got any other underlying health issues, you'll also need that doc to write a memo and clear you of whatever conditions as this may also affect whether the insurance co. will take you in. So you need to factor in all the lead time. Anyway, that's for AIA. Reckoned AXA should be the same procedure. So don't drag too long as you definitely want to be insured before your detailed scan.

I called AXA hotline on the Mum's advantage. It is definitely not a stand alone plan.
On the positive note, mum and bb is covered for during the pregnancy and/or birth and the consolation is you have to purchase a saving plan for your child (which is not so bad since we should start saving for their future) on top of the one time cost of purchasing the insurance.:)

Last edited:
I read somewhere that it is good to buy a electrical n one manual Breast pump for standby. Reason is at night faster to use manual pump n won't wake hb or bb with the noise.

hi Bunny33,

thanks for the tip. the reason why i favour Ardo was that it is very quiet. She on the highest mode and it is still very quiet. suction is aso good, too strong will be painful to our breasts.
but i will look around somemore and ask around more before committing ;)

@april_lsy If you are referring to Prof Ananda, i suggest you go to a pte doc for 2nd opinion. I had high risk for T18 and T13 (1: 35) but low risk for T21 from FTS. After seeing Prof Ananda at week 13, he cleared the baby of T18 and T13 abnormalities but i remembered him saying he can't really confirm for T21. As risk for DS is not high, i wasn't really bothered by what he said. And he's not cheap too.

Dun be like me le, force them out till got piles. Very Jialat wan.
You can get meds from THH mah. I got lotsa of meds from him from heartburn to constipation to sinus then and it works. Only the anti-nausea meds no use on me. LOL

My gynae doesn't want to give anything. My GP gave laxative but I find that a bit too harsh. Someone told me her gynae recommended lactulose so I'm taking that now. 2 of the May mummies have been admitted to hospital cos of haemorrhoid which was caused from constipation. One was warned it may lead to preterm labour. ARGH. so scary!

So anybody who has constipation can try lactulose + orange juice.

My back also very painful now. Sigh. I can only sleep on my left side and have to wake up every hour to sit down else the back pain is unbearable. Grrrr.

Have you thought of seeing a chiropractor for your backache? My sister and colleagues see the chiropractor when they were pregnant due to backache.

I called AXA hotline on the Mum's advantage. It is definitely not a stand alone plan.
On the positive note, mum and bb is covered for during the pregnancy and/or birth and the consolation is you have to purchase a saving plan for your child (which is not so bad since we should start saving for their future) on top of the one time cost of purchasing the insurance.:)
I met my AIA agent yesterday to get the insurance already.

Tomorrow I be going to see another Pte Gynae in lucky plaza for a Down syndrome test similar to harmony for twins . Din have the exact name and will consult the Gynae tomorrow first. The accuracy for ds is heard is about 99.5% and cost about $1.5k. I have a Sgh Gynae but Sgh only offered modified Oscar scan for twins .. Meaning they jus check the nasal and some other bone measurements without blood test .. Hence if the probability of ds is high , they asked u to go do amniocenthesis .. So I rather not do Oscar there .

Constipation is a biatch!!!!! I'm also very worried I'll accidentally push out my babies when shyting too hard! damn sian! But with the shyte stuck at the custom, I'm also in agony! Very frustrating!

Sleeping wise, I'll take a least 10 mins to find a comfy position. But think I exerted pressure on my right side as I feel some aching on the right side of my body. Sometimes, I really feel like sleeping upright on the couch.
I have been sleeping on my recliner couch for many days already and lately I sit upright to sleep as the acid reflux is happening frequently.

Tomorrow I be going to see another Pte Gynae in lucky plaza for a Down syndrome test similar to harmony for twins . Din have the exact name and will consult the Gynae tomorrow first. The accuracy for ds is heard is about 99.5% and cost about $1.5k. I have a Sgh Gynae but Sgh only offered modified Oscar scan for twins .. Meaning they jus check the nasal and some other bone measurements without blood test .. Hence if the probability of ds is high , they asked u to go do amniocenthesis .. So I rather not do Oscar there .
dr kusumu lee at lucky plaza? just take note harmony is not as accurate for twins though

so serious? drink more probiotic and eat more fruits shld help. esp stone fruit!

My frd advised me to go Camden Tanglin...

But just now kkh mentioned i got fibroid but need to dbl check again.. coz my ivf transferred 2 embryos but only 1 become viable... the counsellor mentioned if there is fibroid growth then i cant take Harmony.. Only left with Amino.... im worried abt this invasive Amino test
Check with your gynea whether Amino test is really required. There has a risk of M/C.

U power. Dig it out. hahaha. I at most use a water hose to aim at my butt. I ate the white dragon fruit. Though I prefer the red one. Scared gave me the red color when I piss or poo. Hahaha papaya also help. + lot of water n vitagen.

Last edited:
You can get meds from THH mah. I got lotsa of meds from him from heartburn to constipation to sinus then and it works. Only the anti-nausea meds no use on me. LOL
Wa liew, want to see him super difficult one if there's no appointment. Emergency wor, bo bian use my magic fingers :p my hubby after that forced me to eat piles and piles of veggies after that and Tada!

Sorry, i digress abit, anyone knows when can start the next cycle after giving birth ah?
Best to wait till 18 months for your body to recover (mainly the loss of calcium) & mainly the womb before starting next cycle. Else not too good for yourself and the next baby

So should go directly to AIA ask for policy???

Feel free to ask around, I called AXA hotline just to ask for more info. At the end of the conversation the agent left his contact number and name. Not pushy at all.
Check what they cover and the amount they cover. Im still shopping for my insurance or may do without *still in a limbo*

Towkay. So cannot intimate before ah??
You mean have sex ah?

Best to get doc's advice, cos if your missus has low placenta, spotting incidents, best not to, cos it may affect the baby ley.

Even if it's all clear, you must ensure that your man part is super clean and best for your missus to wash her parts after sex. The last thing you want is infection.

towkay..cos i see many ppl within 12 mths pop again. so nice.
Well, I do have a friend who gave birth to 3 girls consecutively (but she's natural and C-sect). I think it may not be too good for the mother due to ample time to recuperate. While you are making up for loss calcium & iron, the next baby in you is absorbing the iron and calcium from you.

Based on personal experience (Mine is natural and I breastfed my son), for the 1st 6 months, I dread the idea of having sex cos 1. it's very dry there cos of breastfeeding 2. I got to wake up every now and then to attend to the son, the mood for love was not there at all.

Plus, it would be ideal to breastfeed your kid for at least 1 year (though they say 6 months is sufficient). If you breastfeed, you cannot go for IVF cos you will be injecting yourself with hormones and you need time to wean off the poor kid from breastfeeding (Some kids need longer time to wean off and mothers usually do not bear to just stop like that).

These are the considerations before you go for the 2nd kid. Good luck!

Feel free to ask around, I called AXA hotline just to ask for more info. At the end of the conversation the agent left his contact number and name. Not pushy at all.
Check what they cover and the amount they cover. Im still shopping for my insurance or may do without *still in a limbo*

Hi, this is for insurance during pregnancy right? How about after delivery when we want to buy baby hospitalisation insurance, need to declare thru ivf or not?

Hi, this is for insurance during pregnancy right? How about after delivery when we want to buy baby hospitalisation insurance, need to declare thru ivf or not?
Hi Babe,

From my understanding when I talk to the agent it covers the following:
-pregnancy complication as listed in their policy
- hospital care benefit for mama
- death of mama (touchwood)
- congenital illnesses of child
- hospital care benefit for bb

there is cap on the amount for mama and bb. I think 5 k each. (this is base on the 3 year plan).
IVF declaration is just a one time loading for the one time payment for the insurance.

Y dun you call the hotline and check it out. no obligations anyway. :)

After bb come out U can buy hospitalised or other insurance no need declare ivf bb. However what I heard is if baby is born premature no insurance co will cover baby till he or she is few yrs old. So this maternity insurance is like a safeguard against mummy and if bb born early still able to cover bb.

ya! i've heard that constipation can cause pre-term labour cos you strain your lower muscles.

Luckily you can sleep on your left side cos it's said to be the better side for the baby.
Take care!

Yup.. but left side also after a while get very tired so I keep having to wake up hourly to take a walk around the room or sit at the edge of the bed. *faints*

what med does THH give? My gynae doesnt want to give. :-/

Tell me about it! I'm so scared to push so hard. I mean.. what if the baby comes out instead!

Yah.. sometimes I wish I can just tied myself to something upright and sleep like that.

Yup.. but left side also after a while get very tired so I keep having to wake up hourly to take a walk around the room or sit at the edge of the bed. *faints*
No choice, i am beginning to hate sleeping on the left side, but it's supposedly be good for bb's blood circulation :(

Ladies I am in week 11. Today been feeling dull ache in lower centre abdomen. On and off several hours. Anyone experienced this? Should I go A n E??

Apart from fruits, can also take prune juice. Start early to keep things smooth as suggested by my doc so I have been taking it since 1st tri. Can buy the organic ones at supermarket (eg organic section at NTUC finest). I find that sipping up to cup throughout the day helps a lot and more effective than taking a cup at once. I will sip more if I know i'm having heavier meal or less easily digestible food. Also tried to have the fruits before meals. Prevents the hard stuff building up to block at 'entrance'.

Last edited:

No choice, i am beginning to hate sleeping on the left side, but it's supposedly be good for bb's blood circulation :(
Same here! Sometimes left side or arm feels numb or so tired of sleeping on left side so I just turn and lie on my back but very soon feel the urge to pee. Now starting to feel a bit of radiating lower back pain. Is this normal at 14+ weeks?

Back