WTA: Bringing 3 yr old kid to Bangkok

tandory

Any mummies out there have brought before their kids ( less than 3 yr old) to bangkok for short trip? Iam afraid of the food there is not suitable for young kids. Kindly advise.

Iv brought my gal , 3 yr plus last year. There are alot of restaurants... Fast food restaurants n cafes around malls . We never eat by road sides, n always buy hot food or soupy food for e toddlers. We give her bottled drinks, n never icy drinks from stalls.we were thr for 3 nites
happy.gif
n rem to prepare medications from pd/gp... For jus incase

Nope... I didn know of it. Where is it? I only know there's a underwater world in one of e mall near Siam square area. My trip there with gal was mostly shopping n dining only: )
She was quite bored too n iv brought light stroller to let her rest in.
They might like ice cream treats frm Swenson ... Swenson thr only serve ice cream desserts ... Quite a variety ... But no main courses .

Hi Angelzk its just opened last 2 yrs its located near to the airport but i still think its quite far. Anyway tks for ur info

we eat all our meals in the shopping malls.. not the road side stalls/small shop along the road...Japanese food was our fav for our boy..nice food and cheaper than sing.Most shopping malls like Mbk, Paragon, Centralworld, platinium all have a good variety of restaurants/foodcourt so it was easy to find food.

eat from food courts in malls. don't eat from roadstalls.
strollers ain't advisable since the roads r very hard to navigate. best to use baby carrier.

japanese food - yes.. fuji restaurant. cheap n nice.

BKK mostly shopping and running ard in malls. take trains most of the time. try not to walk on the streets far beyond your hotel for safety reasons.

some taxis refuse passengers esp during peak hours. so do take note not to travel too far between 4-7pm.

buy some cup noodles and store in your hotel in case ur child needs food in the nite if ur place isn't near 7-11. i allowed my boy 3yr to eat roadside corn as it's steamed. and they peel the corn only upon order. so it's safe to me. other than tat strictly no fried food in roadsides as the flies r huge! haha

fruits also.. all pre-cut so not fresh already..

Hi Petrina

Do you ever feel any uncomfortable when bringing your kids around in BKK? I'm vry paranoid with the Thais, especially ever heard of kidnapping there....

Did your kid run around the mall ?

emmeline: BKK malls just make sure u go at non peak period. platinum mall isn't suitable for kids. too many thais it's like our sim lim sq.
the others like central world, siam sq is ok.

pratunum is also very squeezy cause it's wholesale fashion mall. but u can get cheap clothes there. so try to visit the mall early from 10am when they open till b4 5pm when the people around finish work.

if ur kid is very energetic, i'll suggest buying the buddy backpack. so u can strap him.
my boy is afraid of strangers. so when there r lots ppl, i'll be able to hold him as i told him tat they will catch him if he releases my hands.

in malls, strollers r very useful. similar to SG concept where u need to use escalators most of the time.

unless u go expensive malls like central world or siam sq, there r really much space to run around. so it's ok.

just avoid chinatown.
they have vietnam robbers there disguising as thais. dun bring valuables there also..
*told to me by a thai fren*.

Hi Mummies,

We are looking for the following WOMEN aged 25 to 40 years old for a 2hours English speaking group discussion:

1) Pregnant Women - 5th Dec, Mon @ 3:45pm OR 7th Dec, Wed @ 1:45pm (only upon screening we will determine which group you belong to)

2) Mothers with at least 1 infant aged 6 to 10 months or 1 child aged 1 to 4 years old who drinks formula milk - 5th to 7th Dec @ 9:45am or 1:45pm or 3:45pm or 4:45pm (only upon screening we will determine which group you belong to)

* Location at Scotts Road.
* Any race. Singaporean.

Cash Incentive of S$100

Please SMS your name and age to Zara at 9189-2420 ASAP. Please do NOT PM.

Cheers!

as long as dun eat food along the street tink safe
but bangkok a lots of walking + overhead bridge many no escalator
sad.gif
tat time my hubby carry stroller up and down complaining

I agree with Ade. I only bring my kids overseas when they reach 6yrs old or older. I remembered my baby doc adviced to me once that if the child is too young, they won't enjoy the trip and indirectly the parents will not enjoy the trip too.

Vacation at Bangkok really need lots of walking and personally I find the air in Bangkok quite polluted. If you have already bought tickets for your child, perhaps you can try their shopping malls. Strollers may not be a good idea because they have too many overhead bridges. Just brace yourself to be mentally prepared to carry your child all the time they complained tired.. :p

I jus came back from Bangkok with my 2.5 yo boy. I agree bring a stroller there is pros n cons. He is able to nap in it do we do not need to rush back hotel for his nap time or carry him when nap. But lotsa overhead bridge around so when he nap we will shop at the big mall where there's lift.

Weather is too hot for him so shopping is a No No No in JJ market. Basically we only manage to walk the better malls with him n dine at restaurant. No street food, hawker or dinks. We buy bottle water only for him.

Overall, hubby n I nv really enjoy our trip but I think he did.. Haha

Better don't go Bkk with young toddler. V tiring. If u have to go, see if u can arrange for babysitter within the hotel. Cost $10/ hr - they can help feed/ bathe

i bring my son as young as he is 8mth to trip..
that time he rely on milk so make sure milk powder and water is bring along.. i bring a stoller along..
when he is 1 plus-3 plus.. same..
i still bring milk powder along.. and stoller to push him around in case he want to sleep and kid can't walk so long.

i bring along medicination in case he fall sick during the trip.
i very well prepare.. wipe if he feel hot... i let him wear cooler clothing and jacket along in hotel... in case he cry.. i bring along portable dvd player and game for him... he watch or play in his stoller... my son is those very hyper and always make a lot din one.. so i must plan thing to occupy him so i can shop.
3 years old easy to manage during trip...
make sure ur kid is hold tight coz bangkok very messy to me.. i ever been ask by a police there offer to bring me along in his patrol car..

Hi Winnie,
May I know last time in bangkok wat water u used for ur 8mth oldbb's direct consumption or mixed wif formula milk? Boiled tap water? Bottled distilled / mineral water, need to boil?

Thanks in adv for ur advise

Back