Worklife Balance

It comes with a big change of attitude and what most sees as a sacrafice. If you put money and work on the top, there will not be a balance. If you put family at the top, money and work will have to drop to the middle/bottom. I place my family on the top - haven't been promoted since #1 was born. While I do get the job done well, I am reluctant to take on added responsibility... so I just kept quiet. But I am easy to pleased. I have no love relationship with shoes, bags, branded goods, shopping, etc! hahaha... low(er) maintenance!

That's the thing. It's a bumper to put down lifestyle. Not say branded or anything cos I dun shop too. Not kidding, I only own 3 pairs of shoes: 1 for work,1 flip flop, 1 running shoe.
I only have 1 work bag which I will never change unless wear and tear (same for clothes, and shoes) and no, I dun wear accesories nor make up)
But does no one here wish you have more to give and let your family live a better life if situation allowed? I mean, Im so tired of watching the penny and STILL having to cope with inflation. Today, rice go up by a dollar. We can still cope. In 10 years, go up by $10 along with the other neccessity. But our pay is way far too behind, the gap between cost of living and our salary keeps getting wider year after year. Eventually, will get worse than now. Very worrying. Really sick and tired of working so hard just to keep up. Anyone here feel so tired of their current lifestyle and trapped? Anyone here walk past a restaurant and how you wish you can bring your family to enjoy but ater a quick mental calculation of the bill, quickly turn around and comfort yourself that coffeeshop food is cheaper and nicer? Or am I the only one? Keke..

Hi Anna,

Thanks for that
happy.gif

I have found a long term solution with a NASDAQ listed company, thanks to my friend who got her family out of such situation from the same career. She's now earning at least $20K per month and is not working anymore but her passive income continue to grow. Somemore this $20k per month is only a start. Her kite is already in the air and the wind will lift it higher and higher. Now she just need to maintain the string. Thanks to her, I now have hope
happy.gif

But just want to vent my frustrations. Cos I really have enough of my current life.

Finally! Someone that owns less shoes and bags than I do!! I have less than 6 pairs of shoes and 2 handbags. I gave up on watching the pennies long ago. I have various investment and income strategies and my risk is mitigated with insurance. Not a lot of money, but every penny is put to work! When I pass a nice restaurant (seldom do, because it's always home/office/home!)... but we do eat out, nice ramen place, jap place, french place, etc. I do consider myself amongst the lucky - have a job, have an income, have a flat, have family.

And also want to know if I'm normal to have a burning desire to make a change or there are others out there who feel the same like me. Sometimes I blame myself for waning to break free. But yet when I face the facts, I feel the burning desire for change again.

Hi Frogprincess ! Haha.. Yeah, I know what you mean
happy.gif

For me, besides being able to decide when to indulge, I want to be able to have the financial freedom to bring my family for tour without worrying about using up resources that could meant for rainy days. I know it's attainable cos my friends are doing that. I'm very greedy hor? But I really just want to have the freedom to decide when to give my family a treat. It's not to splurge and live like royalty but it's more towards having freedom and the means to be in control rather than being cuffed up like now. I really have enough liao.

Blue4Coral: You are not greedy. Every success story you read would be about self motivation and the wanting to do more, wanting to achieve something. I think it a good thing. But we need to work at it - learn how to mitigate risk and maximise returns, how to get the best bargains, where to find good food (not necessarily the most expensive)... My single most important mission at the moment is finding (and being able to afford) a condo! To me it is investment and hedging against inflation - even if prices drop... by 10, 20, 30 years... that will be the only thing that is still "worth money"... See, lah... when I ever realise this. But indeed, we must set goals for ourselves!

Blue4Coral, frogprincess... haha~ i only have 2 pairs of shoes. oops :p 1 good pair of fitflops for leisure and clarks for work. never bought new clothes for a long time. much less makeup. but i do splurge quite abit for my hair n DIY my beauty regime. Good food is the only luxury i don't mind splurging on. Nowadays hawker food prices aren't that much cheaper than restaurants esp when there is promo. Sadly, i feel that restaurant food standards are quite bad so lately have taken the effort to create home-cooked food for my family. Blue4Coral, no you are not being greedy. just don't spend beyond what you are saving.

Back