Which brand of diapers is best for newborn babies?

Nurul Aina

It's my first born! Please help!

So many to choose from & heard different reviews from mummies from different brands. But which is the best?

To consider about, the leakage? What more should I consider about?

Any recommendations mummies?

Pampers is gd. Hospital used Huggies. Both brands are ok for my baby so I stock when either brand on promo. As for leakage & rashes, it depends on your baby's butt & skin.

Huggies is good for new born as the stars at the front of the diaper will turn from yellow to blue if baby wee. It's important to monitor the number of wet diaper for first 2 weeks especially for jaundice baby.

Thereafter if you are breast feeding exclusively, baby will poo every feed n it's better to change frequently, you may want to consider dryper or petpet which is more economical.

My 2 mth old is using dryper now during the day as we change regularly in the day n huggies at nite for sleep through.

Hope this helps!

when my bb is 3 months old that time, I use dryper in daytime and mummy poko at night.
Dryper will leak.so now my bb is on full mummy poko.it can absorb up to 8 hrs at night.
Good.:)

Huggies is good for new born as the stars at the front of the diaper will turn from yellow to blue if baby wee. It's important to monitor the number of wet diaper for first 2 weeks especially for jaundice baby.

Thereafter if you are breast feeding exclusively, baby will poo every feed n it's better to change frequently, you may want to consider dryper or petpet which is more economical.

My 2 mth old is using dryper now during the day as we change regularly in the day n huggies at nite for sleep through.

Hope this helps!

Thank you @auntyofenqi! How about diaper wipes? Do you use accordingly to the brand as well?

Pampers is gd. Hospital used Huggies. Both brands are ok for my baby so I stock when either brand on promo. As for leakage & rashes, it depends on your baby's butt & skin.

Good idea! It means I gotta experience it too, so I should change once in awhile to see which is best for my baby. Thanks @usaginoko! That helped! :)

TMC started me off with Huggies Ultra NB size and 15 days later I am still using this brand but I think my baby is growing out of NB size soon. :)

Thank you @auntyofenqi! How about diaper wipes? Do you use accordingly to the brand as well?

No. For baby wipe, I use pigeon. I find huggies wipes too wet but baby wipe is only a matter of personal preference.

Another advice is not to stock up on new born size & S size diaper cos baby outgrow very fast.
I find huggies size is smaller than other brands. You can request for sample diaper from various diaper companies.

Baby wipes - pigeon is not bad. But a lot of mummies buy kodomo baby wipes when there is offer at watsons. ;)

I would recommend that you use warm water w cotton (buy those one roll type- brand is tollyjoy) to wipe baby's butt and avoid applying diaper cream unless the butt is red or got rashes. lesser chemicals on baby's skin. Use the wipes when u go out. More economical that way too ;)

Baby wipes - pigeon is not bad. But a lot of mummies buy kodomo baby wipes when there is offer at watsons. ;)

I would recommend that you use warm water w cotton (buy those one roll type- brand is tollyjoy) to wipe baby's butt and avoid applying diaper cream unless the butt is red or got rashes. lesser chemicals on baby's skin. Use the wipes when u go out. More economical that way too ;)

Thank you mummy!

Hi nurul,

I used almost all brands out in market..the important thing is before every diaper change u put Vaseline or coconut oil to avoid nappy rashes... If u follow thus procedure thn ur baby will never get nappy rash :)

I use petpet during day and dryper(wee wee dry) in night... Huggies/pampers are quite nice but hits my budget...

Also don't use wipes till ur baby is 3 months.. I clean my baby butt with wet cotton wool and water... Wipes still got chemicals which cause diaper rash..

Hi nurul,

I used almost all brands out in market..the important thing is before every diaper change u put Vaseline or coconut oil to avoid nappy rashes... If u follow thus procedure thn ur baby will never get nappy rash :)

I use petpet during day and dryper(wee wee dry) in night... Huggies/pampers are quite nice but hits my budget...

Thank you dear! :)

I used Moony, now Merries. Boy has sensitive skin like me n got diaper rashes while wearing Huggies, worse when he tried Dryers.

For wipes, I used Pigeon Moisturizing Cloths up till 6 mths, after dat cheaper brands from Q10. Huggies wipes were too wet and tears when we pull them out of e packaging. No such issue wif pigeon wipes. Will be trying kodomo wipes when there's promo. But when there's a lot of poo, better to wash baby buttocks instead of using wipes n use diaper cream if buttocks start showing signs of redness. Haven tried Vaseline or coconut oil though.

Do try putting coconut oil or Vaseline before any diaper change.. Ur lo will never get a single rash and will be a happy bum :D

Heehee.. my boy oredi 11 mths.. no more diaper rash prob for a while.. But will rem dat when I plan my no. 2. Thks samaira_mom!

Hi, i think the most impt is to change ur baby diaper regularly, i stick to changing their diaper every 2-3hrs after feeding them milk.. even if u use cheap diapers like pet pet/ drypers is ok on babies, dont change diaper when its "full".. when baby are older, u can stretch their changing time.. my girl is now 2 yrs old and i still change her every 4hrly, her butts still free frm diaper rash since born..

Hi, i think the most impt is to change ur baby diaper regularly, i stick to changing their diaper every 2-3hrs after feeding them milk.. even if u use cheap diapers like pet pet/ drypers is ok on babies, dont change diaper when its "full".. when baby are older, u can stretch their changing time.. my girl is now 2 yrs old and i still change her every 4hrly, her butts still free frm diaper rash since born..

Thanks for the tip mummy!

depends on your budget, but if you are comparing to brands like pampers, drypers or pet pet etc, merries is slightly more pricey. Agree with @rabbitakachan most importantly is to change frequently and doesn't mean this brand suits mother A, means it will suits u. Like my girl she can't use huggies, she's allergic to it, but she is cool with other brands like drypers, pet pet, pampers, merries etc.. but we stick to pampers as it is more $$ wise, esp when we buy in cartons during expo promotions or my hubby company promotion. :)

Thanks love! :))

Back