WANT TO ASK : Baby's Full Month

Hi mummies,

Anyone have any recommendation for baby first month buffet and ordering of cakes?

I'm a first time mummy and I want to give my son the best

Chilli padi's catering is not bad. I like them. Also cos my hubby side is ninya.

Cakes I just go with any bakery I like? Depending your style ah. Sweetest moment is most common for go to full moon packages. Miss Gooby have nice cupcakes designs. Cakestand.sg also not bad for cakes. I used them for my son's 1st birthday.

I was looking at Bengawan Solo cakes before both set of grandparents decided they don't want to give away cakes at the first month party.

I think Bengawan Solo cakes are really delicious, maybe you can consider.

I have ordered neo garden ,40 pax ,food nice ,portion exactly no extra but everyone was happy cuz neo garden is popular
caterer.
But dun order thy baby $88 package with red eggs and ang ku Kueh and cakes,look ugly (eggs and Kueh) and taste terrible.
Cakes last min I ordered from teapot-whole walnut cake.No regret, as it tastes very nice is under neo garden.

Been hesitate to order from sweetest moment cuz is most popular but I prefer whole cake then cut cakes,as some of my friends have 3 kids.When 1 of the staff was very rude I decided not to order from them,although the manager did apologize.I think I make the right choice.
I left 10 boxes of cakes as some didn't turn up or forget to take and I ordered extra 2boxes.
The round walnut sponge cake can keep for few days,it was not so big,not oily, taste very nice,we have it for
b/f and tea break and I still miss the cake now..
If I have order from sweetest moment for those cream cake I have to put in fridge (dun think fridge has space for 10 boxes) and may have to throw it away the next day.

As for Kueh and red eggs I ordered from singapore mochi.com for 1st buffet.
the Kueh taste nice and eggs with ribbon,the red colour was evenly dye unlike neo garden has
patches look so ugly.I have celebrate 2 x bb full moon ,1st with relatives (ordered from neogarden mini buffet for 15 pax ,nice and has extra leftover)and 2nd with friends and hb colleague.
Shld hv ordered the Kueh from singapore mochi for 2nd buffet.

Hello Mommies

good day. I'm a June'2014 Mommy. We just celebrated our son's full month two Sundays ago and we used Neo Gardens. Thumbs up for their food and service. I've shared some useful Full Month Party contacts on my parenting blog. There's also a giveaway of vouchers (valid till 31 July 2015) for you to order the Full Month Gift Packs for colleagues, relatives and friends. Do pop by to take a look and participate in the giveaway - http://www.ourprincessdana.com/2014/08/celebrating-babys-full-month.html Have a wonderful NDP weekend coming up! :)

stamford's food is quite consistently good! quality wise & quantity. Gd service too! Good quality food that's value for money. Certain credit cards got promotional discounts too.

you can try check out: http://www.foodline.sg/#

Empire's kong bah bao & yam paste dessert was very gd - if you dun need to cater halal food!

We tried neo gardens before, food is the usual standard food.

Depending on if your both side parents/grandparents are the traditional type, you can be creative if they are open for other types of gift boxes...

Our First son - traditional type (red eggs, cakes, etc) from sweetest moments.
2 types of gift box, one for relatives & one type for friends.

2nd Son - ordered muffins from wholesale cake makers, bought our own box, added colourful mashmellows on the side. (http://www.pureeddiction.com.sg/ not sure they still sell the yummy muffins now though)

3rd Son - bought bangawan solo cake voucher + taiwanese yam pastries (as im a taiwanese) + blooming tea & sweets for relatives. friends gets yam pastries, blooming tea & sweets. *(yummy yam pastries from: www.freshlysweetmusings.com ) We bought our own gift bags online.

For 2nd & 3rd baby, we printed our own baby card, bought harvey norman photo card and printed them very cheap. It's a good deal!

Enjoy motherhood & time with baby dearie!

Hi mummies,

Anyone have any recommendation for baby first month buffet and ordering of cakes?

I'm a first time mummy and I want to give my son the best

Chili Padi is good.

I ordered bengawan solo cake vouchers so my friends & family can exchange for cake at their convenience and top-up for a different cake if they wish. Bengawan solo cake is good. My only wish is they allow online ordering & personalizing of vouchers, because personalizing so many vouchers by hand is no fun. This time round (2nd time), I used a DIY stamp to stamp our names on the cards. There's a 10% off with purchase of $200 vouchers now too.

I recommend Ji Xiang Ang Ku Kueh >> https://www.facebook.com/JiXiangConfectionery.AngKuKueh
Don't forget to order the "pointy" ang ku kueh for boys.

Red eggs - You can DIY by following one of the recipes you see online, or ask your mom/MIL to help.

While you're at this, don't forget to plan your son's first month outfit, you & your husbands outfits, decorations for photo-op (bunting/balloons), goody-bag give-away (optional), ask someone to help take candid photos for you, and perhaps a cake for cake-cutting at the party.

Don't stress & have fun! :)

Hi,

I ordered lunch catering from J&J catering and high tea from Orange Clove (halal, sister of Neo Garden). My relatives like J&J food, only complaint is the drink is not enough (you may want to request for more). They give us discount on the stools we rented. High tea portion was a lot, esp bee hoon, end up we left with lot of food.....

We made our own red eggs, ordered ang ku kueh from Ji Xiang Ang Ku Kueh (call them at least 3 days in advance to order) and glutinous rice from Pine Garden's.

We got the 2 type of gift boxes: traditional one from Pine Garden's for relatives and Sweetest Moments for friends (items were fresh and design of box was nice).

My suggestion was to plan early. Mine was very last min and we have to go down to collect the cakes as their delivery schedules are full.

I also used stamford's food for my baby's full month catering. Food was delicious and guests were asking me for contacts for the catering after that. Used ocbc credit card to get a 10% discount and final bill was only about $13++ per pax

Hello mummies,
I need to order lunch catering for my daughter full mth next weekend.
So far i have shortlisted 3. Anyone tried Neo & Stamford & YLS catering? wat's ur comments between these 3?
I try food from Neo during previous party, food was standard.
Neo has Neo baby full mth discount for member now. Any mummies has thier membership acct can borrow for booking? Pls pm me if u have.
For Stamford, OCBC credit card 10% off offer until when?
Anyone try YLS (Yeh Lai Siang) before? any comment?

From what i see on the price, seems Neo is at the high side. Stamford & YLS catering is
reasonable. But not sure the food is good or not.
Pls advise. TIA
(Previously i have order from Select Food caterer and MeiYao, both are not recommended. Select so so only. MeiHao worst, food portion very small, ended not enough food for the guests. Their service also not up to standard. plates, cups, tissue etc were given so little, i have to go buy last minutes)

Last edited:
Hi Shierly,

I tried Orange Clove high tea - not bad.
Stamford Catering - My office catered their high tea before, I dont like, think Orange Clove better.
YLS - Catered only their dinner for a wake. Their curry chicken gd. Cant remember for rest of the dishes.

Has PM you. I have Neo garden membership.

I jus celebrated my boy's full month yesterday. I ordered from orange clove (halal), food is very good.. All my relatives and frens say the food is good. You may wanna take the new item Ganesan Fish Curry which is a hit amongst the guests. But it's slightly pricey as compared to it's main company Neo Gardens but it's worth it. Just take the Acacia menu will do. As for cakes, as i did it last min, i bought swiss bake $10 vouchers. You can just call the customer service to place order and self collect. Better than Bengawan solo I think.

i'm a first time mom, is full month celebration a must? any implications if we don't celebrate it?

frankly me and my husband have no intention on this celebration but going to just give some cakes to those who offer gifts.

I believe there is no implications for not celebrating full month. During the time when I was born, full mth celebration is relatively uncommon and we grew up fine.

The full mth celebration is just a social event and its not a must

Is it a must to give out cakes to those that give angbao but didn't attend the baby shower buffet? I still can't get over this although it has been over for months. My husband kept saying no need but I feel bad about it. We didn't give out cakes at all.

What about cake voucher? I give cake vouchers to ppl who give gifts/ang bao but didnt attend the baby shower. Bengawan cake vouchers very easy to redeem.

not to worry elegancez, ah that time i give angbao to my gf when she give birth, but didn't manage to attend her bb shower. she nvr give me cakes also. so not necessary ba, i also nvr think abt it til saw yr post. keeee…..

Babby, thanks for your reply. Guess I'm not the only one ah..haha.. actually was too busy and tired at that time to plan all these and hubby is not helping to plan. He leaves everything to me which I feel too tired to plan. So we just have simple celebration of buffet at home, actually alot of regrets cause there is nobody to take photos for us and we are too busy entertaining guests. So if I were to have #2, the full month celebration I will know what to plan and what to do. Also I find that it's better to split into 2 sessions or 2 days of celebration if the guests are alot. Like us, we have it in one session then I totally neglected some friends and colleagues, no time to entertain them and my cl kept asking me don't stand/walk so much...haiz.. Make alot of mistakes this time..haha

I agree, when I have my first one, also not much photo taking. Limited deco, messy and there are just too many ppl. Tracking the ang bao and gifts already headache. Left lot of cakes (some ppl never come). Learning from the first baby shower, can improve during second baby shower. Plan early!!

mocha_c, yahlor super messy and tired.. even when give birth in the hospital also never take much photos..now then regret..haha.. if have #2 really will know what to do and what to plan and what to expect liao..haha

Just a suggestion to start taking pics. Though not much pics, I managed to come up with a photobook (Groupon has cheap photobook voucher) which captured every month pics of my son and I gave this to my son on his first birthday. Sometimes I will take out and see, can see his growth... (better investment than my wedding album which is collecting dust).

mocha_c, yup, I took lots of photos and make it a point must take pic on his every month old. Also just bought 2 $0 photobook deals from Groupon :) And bought another one for photoshoot....want to capture his bb moments before he grows up. I wanted to take newborn pics but hubby objected, haiz..

I took my baby to BabyU studio for photoshoot (Stemcord has offer) when he is 6 months old. I think they are quite good in capturing the cute moments. I think 6 months quite good age, can sit up, more poses. End up I top up $200+. My hubby was complaining. :)

me too, at babyu studio. BB photo was nice but when i took family photos, the pic is really very disappointed. It's too dark, lighting not good for those photos. >.<
I just took special costume photos for my bb recently, not bad and bb looks adorable. Anyone interested can visit yippee baby house ( search in google).

mocha, baby pic is good but somehow i feel that the pic are almost the same as other people...like not so creastive..

Back