Want advise : moving in ritual

en_ma

Hi
I'll be getting my new house soon.
Anyone knows any simple move-in ritual ?
I heard of brewing a cup of tea in the new house which symbolises that you have already moved in.

Hi, I'm not very traditional types but I will tell u what I know. First is pick up an auspicious date, timing (for me is anytime as long as not night time), hang on red cloth outside your main door & cook "tan yuan".. I think this is what I have done during I move in my new house. :)

just to share what I did last time when shift to new place.

1. Choose a good date/time based on ba zhi both husband and wife and shift on that day.
2. Buy a rice container - the rice must be full no matter how big/small your container is (prepare the few days put inside your house before move in on actual day)
3. On the actual move in day - things to do :
a. When move in to the house on actual day, first thing when enter new house say something good - 吉利的话。
b. Boil the water using the stove - this is to activate the "qi" inside the house.
c. Light up the candle named "七色蜡烛“ you can get it from those shop selling praying stuff one.
got big and small type. then you light up the candle until it finish burnt.
d. On the day itself cook delicious dinner and eat together with all family . you can choose to ta pao you too busy to cook . .
e. Turn on the whole house light for that day night time till the next day morning. but I switch off my room light only when I sleep. the rest of the light in the house I just turn it on till next day.

Above are my advised by one of my fren who learnt feng shui. hope it's help.

for me, i follow my moms advice
1. 1 week before i move into the house, i perform home cleansing from sacredsagesg
2. on the date that i move in, i pray to my deity
3. i boil a pot of sweet bean soup and tan yuan. Which is only for occupants of the home.

moms analogy , must remove all lingering past energy from the home so that it does not degrade nor affect us as for the pot of sweet bean soup is to do with good luck moving forward for the occupants of the home.
she caution me that cleansing must be done and that the sweet bean soup and tan yuan cannot be shared with non occupants or friends as they will share in the luck

Back