TTC for 2nd baby

mama_suria

Hi,

Me and hubby have been ttc since March. I was thinking of using chlomid... anyone got any advice on where I could get it? Polyclinic perhaps?

Any advice or simply sharing would help.
Thanks. :)

hi mama_suria... heard from a fren tat u can get it at polyclinic...i intend to try too...planning to go poly tis weekend....
cant wait to give it a try as me & hubby hv bn trying for veri long for our 2nd one....

hi rosie_bloom!

how old is you firstborn? i know how u feel. same here. i get disappointed and upset whenever af comes. im wondering if there is a problem with me...
do u know the price for chlomid from polyclinic? it would be great to know whether do we need to follow up with a physician... keep me updated ya!

thanks a bunch! :)
baby dust to all of us! ***

Hi,

Me too trying to ttc again. My girl is 4. Can I know what is the use of clomid? I heard of it. Wanted to try to use it but my friends told me that we can only got it after a proper check like if we gt block tube, endo etc etc. Sometimes I try not to be stress about it but I feel like crying when the every mth "the auntie come and visit me"

Anw, baby dust to all of us!! And keep me update if you got ur clomid!

hi all....my son is turning 4 tis yr...we hv bn trying for more than a year alredi...jus like u gals, i will get veri stress and cried everytime my "aunti" come...i will always get veri nervous when the "aunti" date is due hoping tat it will not come.....:rolleyes: I am not sure abt the procedure of using clomid as well...heard it frm hubby fren...so not much info when guys-guys talk...so thought of goin down polyclinic to get more info myself...:)

dear adlieyn and rosie_bloom,

its good to have someone who understands what im going through. i felt the same way but i quickly psycho my mentality for positive thoughts because i also dont want to affect my husband. he seems fine though and he does not put pressure on me. but then again, men are not expressive. God knows how they really feel.

same here, my son is turning 4 this october and plays by himself at home. he is very lively when he has other kids around.
i google alot about chlomid and found good feedbacks about it though it depends. i google about other alternatives as well but some are pretty costly. rosie_bloom, do keep us updated about the chlomid thing. im thinking of trying it out next month if its possible.

Since tuesday, i have been having mid-cycle cramps. i google and found its an ovulation sign so i get hubby to BD with me, just in case the egg is released. hopefully, this month's it for us. u ladies get mid-cycle cramps? i dont really know how to check my cervix... so i prefer to just rely on my cm or mid-cycle cramps or ovulation app.

Anyway, baby dust to us! *prays*

hi ladies....

hubby n i decided not to go polyclinic as we did not manage to get thru the phone booking las sat. but i jus manage to make an appt with thomson medical....;) i was informed that for the pre checkup, i nid to go down during my ovulation period ........since i am having my "aunti" now, i will nid to wait till nxt wk....

according to the lady on phone, doc will do a scanning and check for any ovulation... after scanning, doc will advise if medical presription required or we shld try naturally...so it all depends on the scanning....

will keep u ladies updated on the procedure....let me know if u go for yours alredi......:D

Hey rosie_bloom,

all the best to u. i hope its all good news. good thing that your hubby is keen on it. i had a talk with hubby recently about this and he is not keen to go for a check up yet. he told me to give it a year and a half onwards then he will take me to the clinic... he said its still early and religiously believe that God will know the best time to bless us with babies. Thought of going alone, but hubby will be mad if i did without consulting him so i rather not. i just wanted to see if there is something wrong with me. if no, then i can relax. if yes, then early intervention is always the best. but i guess we had to just keep trying traditionally for now. will update u ladies as well. this month, i am better intune with my body... got the mid-cycle cramps during the fertile season and get hubby to BD with me... i get my hips elevated and the "swimmers" dont leak out as much as they do during my unfertile season so i take it as a good thing... so now fertile season is over. i am patiently waiting for the good news at the end of this month. i really hope this month's it.

Baby Dust to all! <3

Good luc to u too mama_suria......!!! I've tried traditional as well and will continue with it though i'm goin for modern...Just to keep my body more relax and njoying the massage...heheheehe.....my hubby oso said the same like urs but i guess we tried for too long and hence he agreed to go for modern juz to ease my mind that everything is ok....but IVF is definitely a no no....So let's pray hard that our effort pays off....good luck everyone!!!!

thanks so much... lets continue to keep each other updated. at least i know im not alone, it helps. ill try to keep myself as positive and no stress as well.

baby dust to all! <3

hi ladies,

i thought i share with u my latest update.... My period is late for three days. Im so excited! Im considering to buy the pregnancy kit but I dont want to be disappointed yet again. So need your advices... do you think its too early to buy?

hi mama_suria....u realli sounds veri excited...heheheheee :D hmmm...does ur period always come right on the dot every month or does it sometimes come slightly early/late by a day or two....?? bcos it can b another month tat it is "off" a bit......but still...no harm getting the kit...!!! do u hv any early pregnancy symptoms??

Wish u the best of luck........lets hope u get wat we hv bn praying for....

Baby dust to all.......;)

hey dear,

Af always comes two days or a day early before 1st of every month. Im very regular as well except in July, I was 5 days late... af came in the end. I wasted three kits then so I dont want to test yet because I dont want to end up in disappointment again.

I dont have any strong symptoms when I was preg with my boy. In fact, I didnt even go for a check up till im four months along. Currently, Im feeling fatigue and super tired. At times, i feel nauseated and lightheaded. My boobs are still sore too. I just apply panty liner just in case af comes but so far i dont feel the pre-menstrual cramps i always get when af is coming. My back hurts as well at times and I just keep resting whenever I have the chance. I have frequent urination too.

hihi ladies, can you advise me how to go about for the check up? Can I book with my previous gynae who delivered my boy? My boy is 3 this year and I have been trying for a year without any news. It's kinda of disappointing that I did not strike. I also tried for 5 years before I got pregnant with my boy. Any kind soul who can give me advice?

Hi ladies,

I am returning red eggs at toa payoh shuang lin shi this sat 21sep 12noon.

I conceived after taking red eggs fr a returning couple. Hence I am doing the same to bless more couples.

If u r interested, see you on sat.

hey dear,

Af always comes two days or a day early before 1st of every month. Im very regular as well except in July, I was 5 days late... af came in the end. I wasted three kits then so I dont want to test yet because I dont want to end up in disappointment again.

I dont have any strong symptoms when I was preg with my boy. In fact, I didnt even go for a check up till im four months along. Currently, Im feeling fatigue and super tired. At times, i feel nauseated and lightheaded. My boobs are still sore too. I just apply panty liner just in case af comes but so far i dont feel the pre-menstrual cramps i always get when af is coming. My back hurts as well at times and I just keep resting whenever I have the chance. I have frequent urination too.

Hi suria...it's been a while since our last update....how hv u been doing??

hihi ladies, can you advise me how to go about for the check up? Can I book with my previous gynae who delivered my boy? My boy is 3 this year and I have been trying for a year without any news. It's kinda of disappointing that I did not strike. I also tried for 5 years before I got pregnant with my boy. Any kind soul who can give me advice?
Hi bubbleblue1.......yeap...u can go to your previous gynae as he/she has ur previous record. Jus need to tell them tat u r trying to conceive ....based on my experience, they will get u to come on the 12th day after ur first day of menses....then doc will b able to check for ovulation... after tat doc will give the necessary advice...

rosie_bloom, hey hey!!! Yep, its positive! Im almost 7 weeks now... but yet to see dr. :) so hope for all of us! i heard that when u BD, right after hubby ejaculate, u do the kegels exercise... so sort of like sucking the sperms in... :) I had mid cycle cramp which google said means i was ovulating... so I get hubby to BD... hit jackpot! :) so i pray for u ladies to hit the jackpot soon!!! baby dust to all of u!!! and i hope we can keep up the updates!

Thank god!!!! Congratulations!!! so xcited for you.....:D take good care of yourself....u hving any morning sickness??? a perfect bday gift for your little boy yah....hv u told him??
im on clomid for tis mth....praying hard tat it will hit too...:cool:

rosie_bloom, thanks so much dear! :) ill pray for all of u too! hopefully soon! i also dont expect, prepared for the worst coz like u said can be off abit then i finally check coz cant take the suspense already. so hubby and i was surprised.. and very blessed and happy. :') I think my boy knows cause he is very clingy to me and like to rub my tummy... so exciting! morning sickness hits me not only in the morning, but afternn and evening depends on the food i ate and ts quantity. i feel worst if i dont eat anything. i dont vomit though but just nauseated. symptoms just like when i was preg with my son but i feel more for this pregnancy. i am super tired, very fast sleepy, u can put me anywhere and ill doze off... and my mood swings kicking in also... so im trying to de-stress... think positive so baby will be very cheery when she comes out. hihihi...

Hi bubbleblue1.......yeap...u can go to your previous gynae as he/she has ur previous record. Jus need to tell them tat u r trying to conceive ....based on my experience, they will get u to come on the 12th day after ur first day of menses....then doc will b able to check for ovulation... after tat doc will give the necessary advice...

Rosie_bloom, thank you very much for your advice. Ooops yday was my 12th day of my cycle. Alamak. Never mind, will wait for next month then. Thank you soooo much and wish you strike bb very soon!

mama_suria, Congratulations to you!! I can feel your excitement when reading your posts. It must have been the most pleasant surprise for you ya! It's wonderful to hear people strike after trying for so long and it gives others hope to keep on trying. Enjoy your pregnancy & take good care of yourself. Do pass lots of bb dust around!!!

bubbleblue: Thanks so much. Yup, i really thought there was something wrong with me! I cried of joy after the reality sinks in that we are expecting again... u guys dont give up! baby dusts many2 to all of u!

rosiebloom: thanks dear. u keep up the positivity too! keep me updated!

sunrise99: thanks! :) Im a scenario drama and creative movement instructor... i travel to childcare centres and kindergarten to teach the program ;)

Hi, I'm selling off my Eu Yan Sang Gold Label Bak Foong Pill cheaply because I can't eat it now as i'm preggie. I'm selling them 3 for $100. PM me if you r interested. Thank you.
large_Bak-Foong--sg.jpg

mama_suria: thank you for your encouragement! I managed to book an appointment with my previous gynae. If worse case, I am prepared to do IUI. See what the gynae says. Take good care of yourself and enjoy your pregnancy!!

Dear mummies, Sometimes i am wondering why god gives women so much thoughts and wants in having 2nd child? When SIngaporeans really cant cope well with the current lifestyle in having 2nd child.

Why some people are doing so well with 2 children while some struggling to raise up one child?

Sunrise99, it really boils down to one's preference and we know our own situation best. Sometimes, dont look at things on the surface (I mean as in people are coping well) while thinking why some are struggling to raise one. You wouldnt know the problems of each different families. Well like a chinese saying, each family has their own problems. It's really what you want.

Thanks Bubbleblue . Ya i do want a 2nd child to complete my family. Whenever i see my friends having 2nd child , i am like an incomplete woman although i have a child already . Sometimes i would feel envy also. Ya my parents and in law would able to help if 2nd one comes along.

SOmetimes it is not really what i want, it is whether hubby , parents are supportive when comes to family planning.

It is like i have no control and no say.

My hubby seeks for comfort , easy way out, no pain. while i look into the companionship for my daughter and fulfil my wants and achievements.

It is hard as both my hubby and me have different thinking.

Lol, sunrise99. I totally agree that it's tougher when our hbs have different thinking from us. I was planning to go for IUI last week but my hb suddenly turn "cold feet". Faintz.... we finally agreed that we will give ourselves more time to try. Damn him otherwise I could have gotten Clomid myself. Finally we realised why our journey for #2 is so tough. The guys really want the easy way out!!

WHat is IUI? How old is your first child?

Ya true. My hubby is someone who want fun more than any responsibilities even though I am the one taking of my baby all these while. He only helps out sometimes. Change pampers... play with her. .. Other than that , I still have to work and bath my child when I get home and get her to sleep...

Isnt that easy for him? ANd yet he still object to having 2nd one... Haiz... No words to say about men....

Hullo... I'm also TTC my second child.... yeah I wish to have second child mainly cos I wish that my boy won't be lonely.... at least one sibling can accompany him in his life journey... i'm also quite old liao... 37..... took me a few years to conceive my first one too..

if it doesn't work by end of this year... think I will have to give IVF a try.....if by 40 don't have then... guess have to accept it....

Clomid helps you to ovulate. You got to use OPK to check though.. cos sometimes 50 mg not enough, have to increase to 100 mg.. but cannot anyhow increase... cos could have danger of releasing more than one egg.. multiple pregnancies are high risk.

IUI is when they manually shoot the sperm higher up in your cervix so the sperm doesn't need to 'swim' so far.. higher chances of success....

Wishing everyone all the best....

Oh I See!!!! Wow then it is painful for the women?

Ya I am 32 this year. I would like to try having 2nd child asap before I have problem with giving birth. But my hubby does not see things from my point of view.

Simply see having second child is taking away his sleep, rest, couple time, blah blah the list goes on..and on...

At the end of the day, very happy and satisfied to happy the first child!

I am not sure if IUI is painful cos I hadnt tried it before. My gynae was saying the cost of IUI and IVF after subsidy is not much difference but the time may make all the difference to women who are older! So advised that if I want to try medical interventions, should consider going straight to IVF.

How old is your first child now? I think husbands take a lot longer than us to get 'used to' having a child. Afterall, mommies started to think of themselves as mummies for a whole 9 months even before we see the baby. Already our lives changed a lot liao - cannot drink too much tea/coffee, or drink alcohol, or keep waking up at night to pee, or morning sickness vomit. But for the father, SUDDENLY this little thing come out and turn his life upside down all at once! So it takes them longer to get used to it.... I think by the time the child is 2-3, can interact a lot more, this will change :)

ya they take sure long time to realise the fruits of having the children.

Maybe someone can help to fine tune their brain waves to keep it shorter....

Hi All,

After reading this thread.. I feel like posting here and ask you ladies for advice too :)

I married because I was pregnant at that time and I was only 22. I have a son whom now is 6 and I'm 28, my husband 31. I have no regrets giving birth to my son but this marriage had been through ups and down.. Problem like in law, money, affairs, till lend of last year till now, so far is getting better and we love each other more. Probably we are young.. That y we are having this problem.

After having my son, I always to thought of having another child but due to all the above problem.. I drag, I don't dare to think... But my heart wanted so much.

Now we are better.. Though my heart still want it but life and things different... First my son is already 6 the gap will be very far. Is not that my age is catching. I did asked my son, do you want a di di or mei mei. His replied no...
Of course I'm upset, still I want to try just afraid that is not right.

Second, like what you all said.. Husband is comfortable with what we have. Though he said he want another child but I knows having another child is another commitment. Now we can go holiday once a year, we can eat restaurant ... We are not rich but comfortable.. If have another child.. I'm afraid those problem like be back.

Another thought of me.. If I really want then I have to do it fast because the gap that I'm worrying.. Thought of those method you ladies mention like taking Clomid or IUI?

So I'm struggling want or don't. Hope get to hear from you ladies advise ... Greatly appreciate.

HI SamathaAb, well you are not the only one struggling with the choice of having 2nd child. Definitely the second child will pull down both you and husband, be it financially , time and physical energy... But it is only temporary . The thing is whether you and your husband can see the bigger picture after your child grows up. From being infant to toddler to blah blah..

Maybe both needs a bigger reason to why you want a second child? If your reasoning is as strong as the same reason for the first child, things get easy.

As regards to the age gap, you cant help it as you do give birth young. Definitely your first child can helps to babysit your second child. It really boils down to having the same agreement between you and your husband to whether shd you move forward to second child.

As for me, I wanted second child basically is to give my daughter a sibling. Don't want her to be so lonely. Cos I grow up with sibling. But unfortunately things don't always go the way I want. My hubby do not have a happy childhood. He is the last 4 of his family... So being the last , he don't get the best of what his sisters have... So eventually he think that if he cant give 2nd child the best of what he / she needs, no point having second child....

Haiz.... I can only pray for god's blessing...

hi mummies. am new here. same as u all trying for a #2 but still no luck.o_O my daughter is already 4 and i turning 35 next year. dunno still can make it or not...

Hi @sunrise99 ,

Thank you very much for your advise. Yup.. after thinkinh and thinking. Spoken to hubby and yes.. we have come to agreed we a second child :) we do love children very very much :)

Now.. my concern... i decided to go gyne for a check up. May ask all.. is it a must to bring hubby to go together? Because he needs to work on weekend.. so is a little hard for him to go together with me. Is it ok to go alone?

Hi sunrise

Same as u. I also wanted to give my daughter a sibling. Initially my hubby dun want. But after seeing her turn 4 years old and a much sensible girl , feels that she can be a good jiejie. That's why after 4 years then we decide to try again. But each time disappointment.

I have seen my gyne to few months back. Not sure he use his finger or what to insert into my V and then said I am ovulating. So tell me to keep on trying.

Samantha

This is good news. Let's all dun give up. We are here to support each other!

i also visit the gyne alone. Should not be a problem.

wivi, can check you are ovaluating through V meh? Thought is through the ultrasound?

Oh he is checking for cervice softness....

Aiyo... if i wait for him to change his perception, i am already old liao... 32 this year... my first daughter is also very active type... i am already half dead when i reached home from work.. can't imagine being pregnant again...

morning mummies

haha sunrise, i also dunno what gyne using....:D 32 still young babe. so who takes care of your gal since u working?

Wivi , My mum is taking care.

Think most singaporeans do struggling with the decision of having 2nd child.. as we are both working parents and we may not be able to give them the time and attentions they need.

yup true.

ever since my girl born, it is my maid that takes care. early this year she has left and we now maidless. most probably hiring one next year.

Back