Trying Hard To Conceive..Please Share..

How to pen down my feelings? I must admit that you gals are brave… and can bear with all these for so long… I dun know if I can be like you all… I have only been trying for a baby for a few months (when I said trying, meaning detecting my “peak” period and try to have sex during that time), and the thought of me getting pregnant is overwhelming me! Every month I will imagine myself pregnant, and when my menses came, I was disappointed. In July, my menses was late… I was excited, as my menses never been late all my life! I waited patiently, as I’m afraid that pregnancy test will not be accurate when I tested too early. About ten days late, I tested negative. I refused to believe this, and can’t wait any longer, I tested on the 12th day again. Same results. I’m puzzled, and starts to worry, but still hopeful. Thus, I went to see a gynae right away. She did a vaginal scan, no baby sadly… and luckily, no cysts or abnormality. She suggested me doing a pap smear and blood test to check for ovulation. So I supposed I was over-stressed by having children that I miss my period. Soon after the gynae visit, my menses came. When my blood test is out, and she called me to tell me that I did not ovulate… I was shocked! How can that be, when my menses was super accurate every month, never miss any month, and it was always on the 31-33 days cycle all these years?? I dwell on it for many weeks, and till now, though I have more or less accepted this, I was feeling very very very depressed. It does not help at all when my bro’s wife, his younger sis, colleagues’ wife, friends are all pregnant. It’s like every week have people telling me who and who is pregnant. Everytime I know about their condition, I of course act normal and congratulate them… but my heart is bleeding… I was so affected, and that night my tears sure to fall. I was in deep depression, and feel totally useless. I read a lot on forum and internets, though PCOS is a common problem and some women still manage to get pregnant with medication, I was afraid that I will not be. I’m 30 years old already… I dun know how many years I still have… I am very worried, as I wanted children. On addition, I am short and obese. My husband is obese too. I’m worried that we cannot have children, and I feel pressurized as he is the only son, though not only child. He will be doing a semen analysis tom, and this sat we will be seeing my gynae, to discuss on our options. Air of uncertainty surrounds me… and make me depress… how do you cope with your own feelings? I have tried to focus on other things, like starting my exercise and diet routine… to be healthier and to take away my focus on this ovulation thing. Everytime I saw his mother, or when his mother is very nice to me, I felt so guilty… I have planned to tell her the truth, so that I can concentrate on getting well, and she will not have expectation then she will not be upset. But I dun know how to start this topic. She is considered a very nice mother-in-law, as she never pressurized me, and she actually dotes on me… all the more added to my guilt… My husband dotes on me a lot too… and maybe it is due to this, I felt so useless as a wife… I dun cook, dun do housework, dun doll up myself, and now can’t get pregnant. He is so unlucky to have me as a wife… Now, I can only try to be a brave gal, and wait for my gynae to explain my condition, and let us decides on our option.

Hi Serene,

Agreed with u dat d gal out there r v brave. u hav to b brave & strong as well.
Dun give up. Mayb d time is not ripe. dis is what i m telling myself.
Understand why pple use to say "it is a blessing to hav kid" now & better.
Me had MC last yr, it was a sad Christmas for my HB & me. Now TTC-ing, was disappointed when i saw reddish discharge 2 days ago (which is normally what i hav a few days b4 my "actual" menses arrives. Cried when i saw those discharge, silly hor..
When i told HB abt dat, he said we can try again during my next cycle. He is encouraging but i cant feel sad.

Anyway, as a way to encourage ourselves and to all the mum-want-to-be, hope dat our time will comes soon. ;)

Hi Serene,

I have pcos and been married for 6 yrs. Been to seeing gynae and tcm but no gd news.

I still trying and pls dun give up cos u r only trying for few months.

Good luck!!

hi Serene

i was exactly just like you when i was trying for bb..every month i would thought that i m pregnant..whenever my menses late for a day or 2, i would very "kan jeong" buy test kit and test and everytime the result is negative...my husband always find me silly to do all this cos he thinks that to get pregnant is impossible liao..

After 3 years.. i got pregnant!!

Mine case is my husband was tested by gynae saying that he can't conceived at all. I was sad but i never give up but not him (he gave up!) Did tried taking pills to boost his sperm but no miracle happened.. i did consider IVF but so costly! Adoption but sometime ask myself, can i reli accept that...

Last year..i found myself pregnant!! And after counting, this baby actually was made in Thailand. I ever heard from ppl saying that get ourself a trip to relax and make baby. But during that time, i never reli thought of that and just enjoy my thailand trip..For my hubby, i think he reli took off a lot of stress when on holiday, and i guess that's how i got pregnant. + that period was my ovalution period.. And also before the Thailand trip i jogged a lot cos wan to lose weight. All these contributed and i got it...

Maybe some of you can try my method, plan a holiday with your hubby but don't let him know you have planning. Just treat it as 2nd honeymoon or so whatever..relax and forget about making baby but have fun and romantic with your hubby..

Now my baby is 2months..still can't believe i have a child now..

Good luck to all of you..

things sometimes happen the way least expected... my menses is always irregular, last yr it is only twice... and once is only after taking pill to induce. So i went to see the gynae last week, gave me pill to induce menses and clomid to ovulate.... just when i thought it is time maybe i should resign and look upon "some help" to menstruate with the pills gynae gave... it came on its own! Heavy indeed ... because the lining is thick... now i am wondering if i should take the clomid to "force" ovulate or should i leave it to chance in most natural way?

Hi Serene,

I am in the same position as you too being a PCOS patient. I have spent countless amounts of HPTs with negative results. I am now in my 2nd round of IVF journey after a failed on in July. Thing is , don't give up hope.Have a positive outlook. Dear, you are still lucky to have a doting hubby, with him knowing the difficulty of having kids. I come across a friend who is in the same position, but with an unsupportive hubby. So you are still considered lucky. Thing is, don't stop trying. THose who failed are those who give up and resigned to their fate. I want to see more ladies like me, having babies too. It's just a matter of time. Some pple are lucky within a mth or two of trying, they strike. All humans are different. But it is not impossible for us suffereing from PCOS to have children. I do see ladies like us, having two or more kids. Best thing is, if you are stressed out at work, have a weekend break to get things off your mind. Sometimes, when you don't think too much of it, things happen unexpectedly. So take care and don't blame yourself for all that's happening. All the best to you!

Hi blackms,

Did you ask your gynae if there are alternative ways to find out why your AF is irregular? I was on clomid for 2 years, but when I took it, AF was regular for abt 4 months, then the irregularity starts again. When I was told to do lapscope, I was hesitant at first, but after the op, my AF comes regularly.

Thanks for all the encouragements! I have more or less calm down a lot... and accepted this fact. So now I will try to focus on good things. I believe everyone needs to think more of good things when things are getting unsmooth. Now that most of the people surrounding me have already gotten pregnant, so I think less and less new news of pregnancy will be announced to me... and I will have the time to move my attention elsewhere.
I also believe things will happen when you least expected it... So I'll try to get well, and create opportunities... and hopefully, my wish will come true
happy.gif

With you gals being my supportive listeners, I believe I can be stronger and can keep trying in achieving what I want. All the best to all of you too... Let's keep our fingers crossed, and never stop trying!

Serene,
I'm trying for a second baby. Same problem. There are months that menses came but no ovulation. At first I was super stress, cos everyone has been asking me when No. 2 is coming Most of my colleagues who have No. 1 before and even after me have No. 2 already.

I am seeing a gynae and he requested me to go for 2 blood tests. Think one is to test for PCOS and the other if not wrong is hormones level.

But I'm not as fortunate as you. I have a terrible, lousy, materialistic mil. DH needs to spend $1k on fil every month. I can only rely on myself and maid to handle all problems I face.

The only comfort that i have is DH treats me well and my No.1 is a very affectionate boi.

Don't think we can have everything according to our wish.

Hi PomPom,
But you are very fortunate to already have a child! Let's dun compare... and we should always think positive... though easier said than done, we must always try! Keep your hopes alive, and maybe someday we will be granted our wish?

Hi all, i have something bothering me. Would be happy if anyone can give me some opinions. i just started my clomid... gynae also recommended a tubal sonogram after menses ended to chck if my tubes are blocked. However, because the doctor who perform the sonogram is on leave, the date the clinic arrange for the sonogram test is on my CD 14... I wonder if this would ruin the chance to baby dance if happen to ovulate during this period?? Anyone know the best time to bd? i dun want to miss the ovulation (if i do) while on clomid...... Thanks for answering my question...

Hi Mystyy,

Glad I found u in this thread as I need to ask u some questions about your IVF journey. Perhaps u can pop by to SO-IUI vs IVF thread?

Hi Serene,

Just saw your post. Perhaps I can share something with you, my background is in the medical field, i have seen many patients in the past who were overweight, having PCOS is common with the obesity...when they eventually lose some of the weight, many of them became pregnant...this is indeed good news, so if you can focus on that area as well, things may turn out for you...obesity, PCOS, non-ovulation, difficulty to conceive are all linked...you can clarify this with your gynae as well...

Ruru_cat...hehehe...sorry ha...am not playing cat and mouse game lah...answered your qn there at that thread already.
happy.gif

hi,

can i ask how do you check if you ovulate? does by having white discharge every month after menses means you ovulate? i have regular menses and with white discharge every month. now just started TTC.

a few years ago, was diagnosed by gynae i have mild endometrosis coz i had very bad cramps and will have difficulty conceiving as advised by gynae. been tiao yang body with herbs and now no longer have cramps for menses. does this means no more endometrosis? can some kind soul advise? thanks.

Hi Fairyprincess, thanks for this information... I have guess so, as ever since I balloon up after marriage, I can feel that my health was deteriorating... So, now I tried to control my diet, and try to exercise.. but it was always raining these days, and as I have a busy schedule, it's difficult to make time for gym session. I know this might be an excuse.. I will try to figure out a way to follow my plan.
I have seen my gynae, and I have asked if I could took some medicine to help control my appetite... but she dissuade me from this, and ask me to have 30mins brisk walking 3 times a week instead. She also prescribed Clomid for me, 2 pills a day from D2 to D6. Then on D21, I will be doing a fertility blood test, to see if I have any other things wrong. So I guess, I can only adopt the wait-and-see approach, while trying to lose some weight. Thinking about joining slendershapes or contoursexpress... should spend some $$ to force myself to exercise ;p
Hi dolphy, I have regular menses all along, and have the egg-white-alike discharge after my menses every month. I have asked my gynae and she says it does not mean that you sure will ovulate when you are having these. The more accurate way could be those ovulation tester you can buy, or a blood test. If you really wanna be sure, maybe you can consult a gynae on this, and a series of blood test would tell you more.

Hi Serene,

Good to hear your plans...actually,I realized the easiest form of exercise is jogging. I used to hate it when I was younger, but now, I love it! No need special gear/ equipment; can do anywhere and anytime; no need partner, so this is my regular form of exercise. To further motivate, once you run regularly, can start joining short marathons- S'pore has more and more of such activities coming up, so its fun.

hi serene, thanks for answering my questions. guess the best way is to approach gynae for full check. jia you on exercising. trying swimming, helps to lose weight evenly in your body.

HI Serene,

I cant pm you... wanna share my experience with you.

So sorry for not coming in for so long, decided to go for IVF already...

Hi, I'm new here and currently TTC-ing also.

I've been ttc-ing for about 1 year. Took 2 rounds of chlomid in July & Aug, but was not successful. Currently seeing the TCM doc this month. My gynae actually gave me 3-month chlomid supply but i decided to stop taking after 2 months because i heard that the side effect is thinner uterine lining (embryo cannot implant).

But this month, not taking chlomid, i can't get a positive sign in the ovulation test kit, although it's already Day 18. I previously always get positive sign around Day 15/16.

Hi, i am on 1st round of clomid... but my opk tested negative from CD14 to CD21... does it mean i din ovulate from clomid?

Hi blackms,

you may ovulate later than usual (can be from stress, etc). if you want to, you can go to your gynae and ask for an ultrasound to check if your egg is still there (not released yet). The gynae will be able to estimate the "release" date depending on the egg size.

I just checked mine yesterday cos the OPK keeps showing negative although it's already Day 18. The scan shows that the egg is still attached to the ovary, although the size is already max, so should be out in these few days.

hi JY, did you gynau advise which day you likely to ovulate? I am not sure to visit gynae because she is from SGH meaning only day time is possible and i doubt i take leave to visit. Also, it is difficult to make last min appt... today is CD22 still neg opk... no signs of EWCM too
sad.gif
Maybe i just wait....

hi blackms,

i did a scan of my egg on wednesday night and i found out this morning that i have the LH surge. So, the ovulation should be approx within 24 hours from this morning.

My gynae only gave an estimate that i'd be sure ovulating within this week because the egg has reached max size of 2.2cm. Noone can tell the exact day though.

Not sure what EWCM is. Do you mean cervical mucous? Anyway, i have less mucous now since i try having a baby, probably because of stress. My gynae recommended me to use Pre-seed (can get from guardian, about S$38/6pcs). I heard this is a "special" lubricant with similar pH with the fertile mucous so hopefully can help the sperm to stay alive longer.

You may want to wait till CD26 because if this month's cycle turns out to be 40days, the estimated ovulation day should be around CD 25-26, if you have luteal phase around 14 days (check your previous record, how many days from ovulation you have your menses. that's the luteal phase duration).

Hi JY, this is the first cycle i am monitoring my ovulation, so i have no history to start with. Menses have been irregular kind for me, so it is difficult to tell my cycle length. Today is CD23 still neg opk. I wonder if i din ovulate. Anyway, good news that you have detected the LH surge. Wish for your success this cycle and thanks for sharing your experience!
happy.gif
I will still keep my fingers crossed and perhaps go for hsg if my period come as advised by my gynae

EWCM = egg white cervical mucus

Hi black

Not everyone will ovulate, even though opk show positive means got eggs...Clomid will decrease cm so gotta use preseed if too dry. If still negative you may not be reacting to clomid and dosage may be too little. Max is 6 cycles of clomid. TTC from D11 to D21. Alternate Days.

hi sam, you might be right that not everyone respond to clomid... today is CD32... so i am still waiting AF ... if not, maybe i did not ovulate at all
sad.gif

blackms,

Hi there, the previous post had some mistake, i am trying to say that even if you get positive on OPK, doesnt mean your eggs are released.. you may be ovulating but no mature eggs thats why we cannot conceive... i always have positive on OPK ard ovulation period and was wondering why for 1 year i can't get pregnant, after checks than i realise we may or may not release an egg for conception every month. Clomid helps us ovulate and although it is a fertility drug but it may or may not work for all... and also the problem may not only lies in you but ur hubby shd go for check up too.

Sam,
Last round gynae advise to go for hsg, but scheduled date is CD14, thought too near to O date, so i postpone... CD38 still no AF nor positive p test ... felt like stuck some how since i not very sure to do hsg now.. esp i got to sign indemity form for not pregnant at the time?? Really dun no what to do...

I have also been trying TTC since Mar this year. And had a very big disappointment in April when I tot I was preggy. I was feeling faint and nauseous.....so imagine my disppointment when my menses came. The doc explained it could be due to the side effects of the antiboitics I took for my ingrown toenail lor.

Since then its disappointment every month. My hubby and I had been married for a little more than 2 years and we had just started to try for a bb.

After reading this thread, I just realized that we dun really ovulate every month! Wow.....it furthers diminish my chance! Haiz.

We haven't been to see a gynae. And I also dunno how to go see the gynae. U see, my hubby can only reach climax if we are in a "woman-on-top" position, which this is no-no for couples trying to TTC right? We have tried the missionary and doggie-style, but just couldn't lor. My hubby is on the heavy side. He's big size and fat, smokes too. I know not very good but difficult to quit. And we will be in a "cold war-like" state whenever I mentioned.

I have been charting my ovulation period for 2 months. But I didn't use the ovulation kit. Just wanted to ask if my period had always been regular, would there be a chance that I have blocled fallopine tube or problem with my womb? Will there be any signs?

My menses is supposed to come this weekend, hopefully something wonderful happens lor.

Hello Mommies,

Just wanted to share my experience for trying to have baby last year.

We were married for 4years when we finally decided to have a baby, I was always on contraceptive (pill, last 2y on EVRA) and starting Jan2007 I stopped the EVRA, thinking that my menses will regulate after 2-3 months ~ so the manual says~

However, after trying for couple months (i had a regular menses) and not successful, I decided to see gynae to check. I was diagnosed of PCOS - hence explained my difficulty to loose weight and short lite menses days (only 2days per month). Blood test also shown that I have more "male hormones" than "female hormones" - all the more dissapointing reasons

Anyway, gynae prescribed me folic acid to be taken daily and asked me to come back in Dec to see if my situation has got any better. In the meantime, we keep trying and keep the romance alive. (I also put pillow under my butt to ensure the sperm stay inside)

We tried to reduce stress, went on holidays and easily 6months passed and still no news, and my weight keep increasing.

When I thought there is nothing else to be done - other than hope and pray, we decided to take these thots easy and instead get a pet dog in Aug-Sep. At the same time, I had some traditional Indonesia massage to "position the womb"

I'm not sure if having the pet, the massage, the folic acid, and take things more relax - reasons for me to finally conceived in Nov 2007.

Bottom line - don't give up hope, relax and when you least expecting, a piece of heaven might just fall on your lap!

HTHs

Hi blackms,
can understand that you must be feeling v confused now...

For me, this month is also a goner...despite the ultrasound scan to confirm that my egg was there and fertile uterus lining existed, my menses came this month...we didn't succeed again.
Don't know why...my hubby SA is pretty ok, considered as in the normal range. And, everytime after we BD, i would lie down for 2 hours with the pillow under my butt. But he came down with fever for 3 days during the ovulation period...i scolded him that in all the 30 days in a month, he had to be sick on those important days. so, his sperm quality may be affected because he's sick. Don't know...

Feeling so depressed everytime the months came and passed without results. Before we started TTC, I was not the kind who would cry easily. But now, just a thought about the unsuccessful TTC can make me cry very easily.

I also used to have a very regular period cycle. After we started TTC-ing, my cycle also starts to go haywire, sometimes 30 days, 35, 40...haiiizzz...

JY, I envy you have a regular menses. Iregular menses has always been the norm and you can;t imagine the relief and joy I felt everytime when my menses came! Sounds very stupid rite... well, haiz. No menses plus no +ve preg test, how bad can this get??
During the time when I told my HB of the diligence to BD, i think he was stressed up too... it was me who initiate the BD each time, even though i felt he was not very keen, bearing in mind the reverse is always the case when we are not ttc yet... so dun blame your HB k... how long have you been ttc? I am thinking of changing my gynae... the queue is super long... and each time i have to take leave for appointments.... hai.... lost...

Hi blackms,

Reading your msg, i think i should be at least be happy that my menses are quite regular. Can imagine how bad you feel when no menses come but negative pregnancy test....hhhhh....:<
BTW do you know about the cheap HPT @ TTSH? I just bought mine...only S$1.14/pc!! The ones @ Guardian cost S$13-14/pc.

We've been ttc-ing for 13 months (this month will be our 14th month).
I've been going to Dr Watt's clinic @ Raffles Medical @ Sengkang. The only reason why i go there is because it's near my home. But her consultation fee is on the high side (S$65 for consultation, S$65 for ultrasound). I've also been to Dr Tham KF @ Gleneagles ...a nice guy but the waiting time is super long. His consultation fee is pretty reasonable (S$45 for consultation, S$50 for ultrasound). I've also been to TCM @ Clementi (Dr Tan) since August (got his contact from this forum also...looks like there're a few success stories), but he's super fully-booked; must book 1.5-2 weeks in advance. But i think his medicine makes my body feel "stronger"...used to always feel cold esp night time, but now i'm not afraid of wind anymore.

I also took chlomid for 2 months but i found out that chlomid can cause thinning of the uterine lining. So i stopped.

Has your hubby gone for SA and you for HSG? If not, better go first just to clear your mind that at least the "equipment" is ok.

Today is my CD5. Have not been taking my BBT for the past 4 days. I think i'm more stressed when i have to see the temperature every day...feels like someone is tracking my daily performance.

Its a disppointment for me again....
sad.gif

After we TTC, my cycle also like haywire. My cycle used to be 28 days, but now is 26 days.

Think will go for checkup after my period.

Does anyone went to Dr. Lawrence Ang before? Cuz I stay near to Sun Plaza. But I just wondered cuz he's a very bz gynae, and might not be thorough. I dunno. Any idea?

JY, TTSH HPT is real cheap. I bought mine online, ordered a lot from US cos i know it will not be jackpot strike easy for me. It turn out to be $1 per pc, inclusive of shipping fees. So I think TTSH ones are a kill. I used to buy the exp kind to test when i first started ttc... those turn out to be waste of money...
Gynae2 recommend SA for my hubby and HSG for me during last round of clomid. But the doctor was so busy apparently I can only do it on CD14... by another consultant gynae. Thot CD14 was late in case ovulation comes early, so i declined to do. Actually waiting for AF to come to do HSG, but never come. Btw, anyone reading this knows if it is normal to have little blood + watery discharge on CD43... been having this for the past 5-6 day. Anyone who have negative response to clomid experience this too? Think my menses is hay wire...
I decided to change my gynae to some where near my place... DR Fong Yang @ Tiong Bahru. I was told his consultation fee is $50 and scanning starts from $70 (on the high side). Anyone has feedback about him? He is going to be my third gynae.
JY i tried 2 months of TCM... from EYS, find it too slow. I am also kind who used to feel cold... esp hands and feet. I started taking Spirula from Red Sun and i think it helps to boost my immunity. Dun fall sick often too.

Hi,

Just seen gynae last week. i have sympthons of PCOS and endometriosis. sigh. doctor just gave me medicine to delay next month menses and to start on clomid to track if i ovulate.

Can i check if anyone took medicine to delay menses before? If yes, after taking the medicine, how many days did it take before your menses come? was calculating the dates but it dont tally. Suppose to go for scanning on D10 of new cycle but the appointment date seems to be D20 assuming my menses come right after i stop my medicine. anyone can advise? Thanks.

hi just want to encourage the mummies who are trying ttc out there dun give up.
i have an aunt who had 2 miscarriage, in e end the doctor conclude tt her body is not strong enough to be pregnant and even ask her to consider adoption etc.

but she and my uncle didnt give up, they spend about 8 years befor she got pregnant with my cousin, u know during her times science and medication is still not that advance but she still managed to get pregnant after so many years of try.

i believe if you mummies don't give up, carry on trying, with the help of medication now, there will be a day you will get yr own bb too.

Hi,
can Clomid be bought off the shelf from the pharmacy? went for my pap smear recently. my gynea mention my ovaries are not releasing egg on D9.. ask me to go back for my blood test on d1 of my menses. b4 starting on clomid. tot of gg straight to clomid without the blood test. can it be done?

stephanie: no, clomid cannot be bought off the shelves from the pharmacy. Blood test may be able to check if you have other problem/s that is/are leading to the issue. Blood test can check hormone problem, if there is any..

Jessica: sorry, I don't know about tubal canalization. But my hubby had the same problem as your hubby and he had a day surgery done to fix the issue as well... it may help in the SA. Just FYI.

Jessica: It has been more than 3 years since my hubby did the op. We didn't see a dr after that, partly 'cos it was stressful, partly 'cos we started our own business. Anyway, he did a scan and SA 2 months back. During the scan, there was no abnormality detected. (that means the vericoceles did not recur) However, the SA was still not good. So now we have a bigger problem. Dr says if we can "see" the problem, we can fix it. Now, even the dr doesn't know what's wrong. He has been put on some medication. Dr advised that the medicine needs time to work on the body so we are waiting till Dec before he goes for another SA. Hope my experience can be of some help to you.

hihi,

jessica, i called the clinic and was told to take the delay pills for 2 weeks. they told me menses will come in 1-2 days after i stop the pills. shall wait and see how. does anyone know if such pills has effect on foetus if got preggy unknowingly?

stephanie, it is best to only get clomid from gynae. coz after taking clomid for a few days, you need to go back to clinic for scanning to check if your eggs are growing or if you are not ovulating. dosage will also differs on individual i think.

sorry, not too sure about tubal canalization.

yve, maybe get your hubby to take more vits to help SA quality? exercise and no smoking also help i think. codyceps also good for men.

Hi, what does pre-pregnancy checkup involve? I made an appt with Dr Ang but I'm not sure if my period will come. Is it still ok to go for the checkup if I'm having my period?

Back