TOA PAYOH mummies

Hi mummies~!Any part time maid can recommend?Actually just need for saturday cleaning but not monthly basis neither weekly.Pls recommend if any...budget now is abt $12/hr?
Pls PM me ya~!Thx for help~!!

Hi Milk Bottle08

Which year is your boy in at Blk 146 PCF sparkletot? it is the childcare centre right? I been there 1-2 years back 2 times. The 2 times I went, it's a different principal. So I was not very keen. But am glad that you hv good encounters with the school. Well, most cc are like that. They meet the parents every 6 months. But my gal's current CC provide update once a month via a newsletter on what they learnt.

But I may be switching the CC for my gal. Sigh, and yes, every CC in TPY is full. Not sure if they hv vacancy for my gal who is in N2 now.

My son is at My First Skool infantcare.

There are currently 13 babies, so still below MCYS's ratio of 1:5. There are 4 pairs of teachers, 1 English and 1 Chinese as 1 pair, to expose the babies to diff languages.

Environment-wise ok, though it's on the small side. Babies seem happy there, though they seem to make them sleep a lot!

Hi all dear TP Moms,
Sorry for MIA for very long as its not easy to write at work after starting a new job in Sep and sometimes really regret studying finance and end up working in finance sector. Every now and then must worry about job security and not conducive for family.

Ivy, Janice and Dor
Thanks very very much to you girls for sincerely sharing all the tips about preparation for childcare. They have helped me a lot. I have been putting them into practice as much as possible. The self feed part is still not perfect but can see some improvement. Holding bottle is not successful as my gal hates milk and has to be persuaded to drink. Pooing wise sometimes successful sometimes not..She is confirmed for N1 at 27 months for PCF East at Blk 232. She was on waiting list for the toddler group (18 months and above) with no success and the principal advised the best is be confirmed for N1 at least.

Ivy,
You are the first producer I know of
happy.gif
heeeeeee..Ur work sounds very interesting. Share more on the content that you produce if got time? Heeeee…I am thinking of understanding the other interesting occupations outside of finance so that I can exposure Mel (my daughter’s name) to them. Finance is probably the last industry I would expose her to.

TP mommies..
Just to share my recent experience on childcare decision. Due to the proximity with my mom (at blk 234), the most convenient decision is to send Mel to Blk 232 PCF. Nevertheless, there has been social pressure to send children to branded preschools (such as Pat school and such). Sometimes I get feedback from friends that sending her to a government school like PCF will put her at risk of losing out, that government schools loses out in all aspects. But my personal 2 cents worth is to give her a more innocent childhood and that the type of preschool one goes to cannot scar a child’s life. Besides, the proximity will benefit my mom who also needs to have more rest at her age. While of course its good to be smart but health and just plain happiness is even more important. Sometimes, cannot help but to think that being down to earth and simple is nicer than being shrewd and complex. Maybe its because I was born as a heart lander of the heartlander – Tpian
happy.gif

Hence, I am so glad to have finally confirmed a place in PCF East..Not sure if you guys get such social pressure too..

Are,
Thanks for sharing the new makan place…looks great..the fare…have you tried food at WAVE..? Some of it is quite good, at least never expect a pub like place to serve nice food. That stretch of TP has become quite interesting..also people eating steamboat there..

Dor,
you are right about the need to be vigilant. I very KS when it comes to that aspect. Do u still remember in the 80s, TP Lor 7 got Adrian Lim case. That time my mom also did not let me anyhow go out. And there was also the very heartwrecking case about 2 students from Bowen is still missing up to today..I still feel very sorry for their parents..forever heartache and no closure..

Hi bluechick33,
Thanks for the feedback on My First Skool. It is so difficult to find CCC in TPY... but am lucky to confirm a place for my toddler finally at MFS TPY central.

It's still quite a bit of a walk for me but at least I don't have to send her on a schoolbus or take the train.

Kobebaby,

Before my mum can confirm taking care of my girl two years back, I went to check out MFS at central. One major plus point is that is a big and airy place. I actually put my name down for infantcare waiting list but they did not get back to me. So conclusion is that TP is really so densely populated that finding a place for our kids is like finding gold.

Happy for u that u found a place there.

TP moms,
Another update from my side is that I heard a rumor that there is a chance that PV scheme for primary school will stop going forward, don't know true or not. For me, still many years to think.

Sunny72,
My neighbour with kid from CHIJ say that CHIJ TP has no PV scheme. For catholics, they get referral letter from their respective churches.

Hi mummies

any of your kids in TPY methodist church kindergarten or is a member of the church? If yes, anyone send their kids to their Sunday class?

Hi Charsiew,

I do not know of any TCM in Toa Payoh but I do know of a good ethnical TCM Dr in AMK. She specializes in women health but I have seen patients bringing their toddler to see her. Have seen her personally for women issue and she is a very good doctor altough some feel that she does not talk much to patient. U can call the clinic, state your kid's condition and simply ask if she treats that.

Dr Zou Yumin. Blk 505 #01-2670 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8. Tel: 64560833

HI anyone with kids in Pei Chun? Trying to scout around for reliable student care as we are planning to put our kids there in 2014.

Also any feedback on the new principal?

Thanks.

hello mummies,
i've been MIA for a long long time.

Gem,
my gal is in PCF blk 157 since she was 3yrs old. she's 5 now. i like the school and the teachers there. they are SPARK certified. they have a mini school library where the kids borrow books every fri to bring home for a few days. they have ECA (table tennis, aikido and one more that i can't remember) for the kids to take part but its not compulsory. they even had staff from the s'pore children's society come early this year to teach the kids that it's not ok for strangers to touch them. you can consider that school.
happy.gif
btw, how old is your child?

Hey char

Hv not heard from u for the long time!

Glad to hear that blk 157 pcf is good. What do you do with her during the June holidays?

I m having some issues with my gal's cc centre recently. After I resolved an issue, another one popped up. The latest is my gal told me during bedtime that the teacher pinched her after bath in sch everyday recently. Seriously I dunno how much I shld believe what she said. After all the recent incidents that happened in school, I hv become wary of the teacher in the school how they treat the kids.

Am seriously thinking of switching cc centre but all cc centres in tpyare full. I m on wait list with 50 pax in front of me. Am trying not to go for kindergarten as they hv June and dec holidays. My old folks will not be able to entertain her and my 2 year old at the same time in the day. The most popular activity - watch tv.

Helpppppp!!!!
sad.gif

Hi Surf, which child care is your gal in?

sigh. i'm also looking for childcare.
any one with kids at young talents at tpy west cc? are they good?

Hi Char

just saw your feedback. i have signed my child at Blk 45 as i was unable to gather any feedback at Blk 157. glad that you child is enjoying herself at school.

hope i made the right choice.
happy.gif

Hi all ... Long time no post
happy.gif

My girl is 3 next year . Néed to put her in play group . Blk 157 PCF good ?
Heard that the feedback for lorong 5 PCF not bad

Hehe I also MIA for 3 mths Liao, been so busy with a lot of nonsense...

I cannot remember who ask what.., but here's my answer.
Yes video producer is an interesting job but tough industry to be in, money is not great, survived with passion I suppose.

IFC at 192 Tpy central is not bad. Particularly this teacher call ms Josephine, very dedicated senior teacher. But when go to toddler class, I took my girl out cos I find the class too big. Last time IFC max 18 infants but heard they try to squeeze more. Toddler 30-32 in 1 big class, when I left, the principal ask me to reconsider, she say she will try to split the class up.

Tcm, char I got to my fren dad at houging ave 8. But tcm must see fate, I see this sensei, always cure me, but my girl not 100%. There is this famous one at sims drive too. I can ask for address if u want. My hubby classmate father pass on to the son.

hey all...

no time to "talk"! :p

as usual... me come in with food news. anyone tried the nice tauhuay @ tpy central yet? they have the famous taiwan 九份芋圆 and always long Q. the 50s traditional bread next door is very good too. got milk bread and black sugar bread. kaya and butter/cream very tasty too! do try it out!

for those who are not aware, they are located directly below DBS bank, facing blk 79, beside the traffic light going towards the old central/tree temple. corner of this row is a bubble tea shop.

another one to recommend always is tim's restaurant near my place at blk 95 that i have always recommended. just want to remind all that their lamb shank is out of this world, and also the chicken chop. we just told the owner that he is so wonderful to maintain the quality of the food after all these years, and are very happy tat he bought the shop at a gd price and will be expanding soon.

has anyone tried the italian food at blk 79 coffeeshop? they were from the botak jones industrial building coffeeshop. not sure if original shop still there. used to love their pizza (hand made when you order) and pasta too. yet got chance to try but will do so soon.

i also received a flyer about a new place at the driving range near lorng 8. chinese restaurant, anyone tried? need to fix crab craving soon. will either go try here or go bac to my fav famous crab king, which has changed name but i forgot which one.

outside of toa payoh, i also found a place serving satay lok lok and other malaysia food... our dear malaysian frens should be craving for this ya? it is called malaysia local delights, 大马风味 @ 224 tanjong katong rd, a few shops down from punggol nasi lemak. they also serve other things. we tried the KL hokkien mee& penang fried kway tiao, which were gd.

happy chomping!! happy national day!!

Hi are, Creamier just opp my blk but nvr go in b4, but always walk by saw quite a number of ppl there...just wonder the price is it ex or cheap...hmm...

Hi mummies, just a quick check if anyone had visited the clinic at Blk 79D, My Family Clinic?
Am considering & wonders if there's any feedbacks, good or bad?
happy.gif
thanks!

Have been to Creamier a few times but to be honest, can't compare to my all time fav Udders
happy.gif
Their signature salted gula melaka ice cream is nice but to eat one whole scoop is just a bit too much... the taste gets a bit of getting use to. Same applies to the chilli pineapple. I enjoyed both these flavours but if only they could serve me half scoop of each, that would be great. Price wise, it's around $3-4 per scoop, similar to what you'd pay for freshly made ice cream. They do stock interesting beers though.

Charsiew, if you are looking for a clinic around the central area, you can try Healthway, located on the opp stretch and look for Dr Joyce. She works only in the mornings.

Thanks jfoo!
happy.gif
Will google & give them a call~ This is for my girl.

Now i'm shopping around for a good massage, shoulder or foot; i feel that i have very tight & aching shoulders. Think i need to relax a little, pls share with me if anyone has any good experiences at TPY area?
happy.gif
thanks thanks!
Good night!

Are, haha foodie!

ya have not been to creamier though its quite near me, open only from 12pm onwards so by then i will be heading for lunch.

charsiew, I have been longing to buy the new Uphoria from osim, i tried and i really like it. Maybe will try to get for myself next birthday!

haha! :> hope this thread will be more active soon~ Nice to see all chatting everything under the sun~

btw, i had brought my gal to see Dr Joyce at healthway just now. i am pleasantly surprised at how courteous & polite the frontline staff were
happy.gif
Really made patients/worried parents at ease & comfortable.

Dr Joyce is meticulous, patient, careful & precise.
happy.gif
i like her & it's really nice of her when she bothers to explain a little more in detail even though she may be in a hurry to rush off to other appointments, etc. Overall experience is good, will recommend! Thanks jfoo for recommending!
happy.gif

i think i will probably give a try at Blissful Sole Foot Reflexology soon, hehe! Thanks precious for sharing~~
happy.gif

Ivy, the Uphoria sounds interesting, haha! Will go & try out, haha.. but don't think my Financial controller will approve, haha! Thanks for sharing too~~

charsiew, got installment plan :p ask ur financial controller to try.
The sales person ask me and hubby to try 1 session and our feet will feel light, so we just ok lor test lor. Then both of us like wow... haha.

ivy... actually i agree with precious... i also got a lot of massagers but in the end, all collect dust now cos i prefer the "human touch". am also a huge fan of blissful sole. i took the foot and shoulder/back packages. precious... think i recommended u there last time? hee...

creamier i am a huge fan of their waffle. gd price, so near, and not always v crowded so i am happy lah! : )

there is a new doc at lor 1 mkt as well, sat open full day. i am also looking for a new GP for my ger, cos my hse GP is closing down.

joyce... u r forever #1 fan of udders! tell u a joke, i went to view a hse right abv yours few weeks bac! hubby say if we buy then we are neighbours! haha... but too ex leh, cant afford. but u gonna hv to suffer reno very soon wor...

charsiew... blissful sole is very good. they have a gd trial price for 1st timer. for massage i go to aura royalis. http://www.auraroyalis.com/contact-us.html. it is essentially a malay spa, but the massages are very good, so is the facial. i like it cos not very crowded, and so near @ blk 83, can wear shorts and slippers go. hehe... their package quite resonable too, and they dun hard sell. i practically have to ask them wat they have before they will promote me. they will oni ask me when my package run out.

yeah... the thread is alive again! hahaha...

aura is very good! the elderly lady is the best i have ever encountered! my package with them is 90mins @ $89 i think. they have a trial price too. v cheap oni. plus their package is 3-in-1, can choose scrub, ginger wrap etc. and you know malay ladies, they are super good with massages, and their oil all help to remove wind, which is wat i like. they have different kind. u can call the number, say you are rae's fren, they know me.

Just chanced upon this thread and would like to join this thread too.. I am a tpy mummy too... Currently have a three year old gal.. And number 2 coming in Sept..

Hi Gem, my girl is currently in 157 pcf.. Pre nursery... I am so far pretty happy with their level of professionalism... Good communications between teachers and parents.. My girl will bring back a blue notebook whenever the teacher has something to inform me... And so far, they have gone for 2 outings... And what actually surprises me was when I went for the meet the parents meeting in May, the teachers, both English and Mandarin, presented me with a portfolio of her work, detailing her progress... I was not expecting so much from pcf initially..but am glad to see that my girl is learning much from her classes...

I have been to creamier twice.. So far, have been eating their waffle ice-cream.. Think about $6.50.. I love the Earl grey flavor.. It is very refreshing...

Welcome Skies!

Yes, I am an Udders fan. I go round trying various ice cream/gelato parlours but end up going back to Udders because of the quality. A good place for premium gelato is at Marina Sq, can't remember the name but it's tucked in a corner, near to Killiney...

ARE, my neighbour?! Yay! We can have food outings together!! How can you miss out on such an opportunity?! Haha! I heard that the family is moving to Lor 1. So any of you ladies keen on taking up the unit? Near Pei Chun! Haha!

Aura sounds tempting... let's all meet up there!
happy.gif

jfoo...

already sold i thought? owner say he moving to condo wor... the hse is a v gd buy actually, condition very good, very spacious. asking 50K cash hor. :p wish i can buy, then i can start piano lessons with you!

aura can oni take 3 customers at one time i think! ha! food reflex can take everyone!!

but i cant lah... am working full time now leh. u can go during weekdays, easier to book appt.

For those looking for cheap and good gps, there is one at blOck 85c.. Near kumon.. I just saw him last week.. 3 medicine with consultation only $26

Sold? I bumped into the owner last week, he said not yet... His place at Lor 1 is ready so he is moving in. Yes the unit is spacious, corner.

No la, don't want to take you in as a student...rather have you as a makan kaki! :p

tat's weird. cos hubby say they stopped advertising so we tot it was sold. the unit very good leh. funnie no buyer.

his unit at lor 1, meaning the peak?

makan or piano also can lah! ha!

Precious! if hubby buy for me i should take it yea? haha. But where is blissful?

Jfoo, im udders fans too. u teach piano? can teach adult? i wish to learn one day -.-

are, peak is not condo right... the one beside kheng cheng is condo. BTW heard kheng cheng ranking went above chij this year, dunno how true.

ivy...

blissful sole is behind bossini @ central.

we take class from jfoo together, onz? hee...

the peak is not the condo, condo is trevista aka "running water disturb ppl sleep in the morning". ha!

how can KC be abv CHIJ... i dun believe leh...

Hi Mummy,

Would like to check blk 157 PCF is childcare for 18month up ?
As i am looking a childcare for my boy , currently he is 16month. Thanks

Back