TOA PAYOH mummies

Hi all, I am SAHM with my 2 yrs old daughter. She is going to Blk157 PCF next year. We at staying in Blk82B. Any other SAHM that stay nearby? Perhaps we can have some gathering. My little gal love companionship.
happy.gif

Precious, can share how is the PCF kindergarden?

Janice
U can call Ivan @ 9112 0303.

Bubumommy
Every PCF Kindergarten is different, I heard some are not good. The one which my girl is attending, Blk 45, it have good feedback. The teachers have been teaching there for more than 5yrs, and the school principal is very responsible too. The one at this centre is slightly more x, due to the spacious centre and it is air-con environments. All teachers are diploma in child developments. Btw, they are strong in Chinese.

For PCF, they accept 30mths and above.
30mths - 2hrs
Nursery - 2hrs
K1 - 3hrs
K2 - 4hrs

I am SAHM with 2 children. My girl is 4yrs and my son is 14mths.

hi bubumommy,
my gal is currently attending PCF at blk 157, Pre-N level. I'm sahm staying at blk 79A. lately the sch has opened a mini library and the students can borrow up to 2 books to bring back every fri and return the following wed. this is to encourage parents to read to their kids during the weekends.

Hi Mummies,
For those who are keen to get supplements from GNC let me know. Am entitled to 40% discount (1x purchase) for this month.

Hi Janice, Kin here.
You can call my gal's swimming coach too.
Louis, mobile :91706890. V good with little kids.at toa payoh swimming complex on Saturdays.

hi Char,
my gal also attending PCF at Blk 157,same level as yr gal,which class is she in ? mine is in the afternoon session.

hi june,
mine is 10.30am session. dun think i've the chance to meet you cos by then i should be at home or at the playground. do you send your gal to school? maybe will keep a lookout for you should my gal still be at the playground with her frens.
happy.gif

Bubumommy,
My gal was with PCF Toa Payoh Central block 97 since N2.
The curriculum for blk 97 and blk 157 is the same, I think. Used to be same principal even.
My gal in K2 now and they do kind of prepare the kids for P1...in terms of academic, like simple multiplication and division, spellings (English and Chinese). they also have role play on how to buy things at canteen, etc. And they offer enrichment classes like Chinese hanyu pin yin, speech and drama, etc at reasonable prices.

I agree with precious that each PCF may be different. And for any school, I feel it all depends on the attitudes of the principal and teachers.

Bubumommy
Yes they hv enrichment programs too. My girl is attending jolly phonics, 42 sounds. Is a ongoing program till they go to K2. They also learn how to blend words and read confidently

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully she can enjoy the class next year.
happy.gif

Hi Char, your house is very near to mine. My gal always play at playground at blk79. May be we met be4.

Hi all, when your kids start learning swimming? Can start as young as 2 yrs old? How about music class? Any recommendation?

bubumommy,
erm....actually i've not brought my gal down to the playground for a long time.
happy.gif
wat time class will your gal be attending next year?

precious, thanks.. very happy that sunday we had someone to help us with the cleaning, i manage to sit down watch tv for 1 hr or more haha.

Food - Cod Fish Village that use to be at Lor 2 has moved to Lor 7 Blk 4 (nearer my place!!! Yipee!)

bubumommy, at 2 yrs old, it's really just music appreciation. If you want to really send for "learning" then I'd suggest 4 yrs old min. Swimming on the other hand can start as early as 2, it's more of water confidence. However I have heard from PDs who suggest waiting till 5 when their bodies and system are stronger.

hi bubumommy

i stay at blk 79e - FTWM with a gal 2 yrs old too
happy.gif

perhaps we can arrange a meet up when i am on leave end nov.
my gal loves to play with other kids as well
happy.gif

tbmummy,

Great! Let me know when u on leave.
happy.gif
We are leaving singapore from 22 Nov till 1 Dec. Who take care of your gal during working days?

hi mummies,
long time din come in here.. been reading but not replying..

i wondered if any mummies know of this childcare called young talents at lor 2?
will be popping by tomolo to view the place.. if ok then probably send my son over.. soon.. coz most cc have no vacancies!!! =(

mummy_tang,
is the school ZIon at bishan good? what is the charges like?

i am also looking for suitable playgroup ard toa payoh area but so far no luck.. =(

btw,
any daytime confinement nanny to recommend?not gg to have those stay in one.. looking for 9-5pm type.. who comes in and cook, bathe and look after bb then she can go back.. pls let me know can? thanks alot..

dolphingal,
I'd chked out Young Talents din really like the place as the area is quite small.

r u expecting or u r helping someone to find out hee!

Hi Kin, thank you. Will call him soon. Is he expensive ?

Hi mummies ... my boys age 3.5 fall sick .. fever every months since June. Is it common ?? I really wonder if I've made the wrong choice to put them in a child care and to see them suffer every month. N of cos, my pocket also burn big holes every month with their costly medical bill. Does kids in the 3 hours kindy fall sick less frequent ? Now I'm thinking if I should withdraw and put them in few hours kindergarten

Now boys having high fever one after another, with on going flu for almost 2 weeks
sad.gif

janice,
i can only share my experience with my gal who fell sick every mth since she was a baby until about 2.5yrs. during those time she hasn't attended any playgroup nor cc. after 2.5yrs onwards she fell sick less often. she started attending 2hr kindy early this year and i must say that she doesn't fall sick as often as b4. i'm assuming that her body is building up on her immune system slowly. not sure if by attending 2-3hrs kindy helps a child fall sick less frequent. i have a few frens whose kids attend full day cc and are ok. they still do fall sick from time to time but i guess it all depends on the child's individual immune system bah.
happy.gif
in fact my gal is now recovering from fever and cough but she caught that from my hb,

Janice, I think you should build up the system, I'd say your boys' system is weak. Of course the exposure for a full day (furthermore in air-con) does play a part, but I personally think it's minimal. Try G3 (from Pharmanex/Nu Skin). I find it has helped. My husband was on it for a month a few years back and now my kids are on it. My son use to catch colds easily but these few months he's been cold-free. They took it daily for a full month now taking as a supplement. Not cheap but better than spending the money on medicine, doc fees. Best of all their bodies don't have to go through the agony and pain (also saves us as parents going through the agony and heart-pain). I'm also putting my son on tummy enzyme. That's to help his body absorb the vitamins from his food fully. It really puzzled me as his intake of fruit and food in general is good but yet his syetem seemed weak so I went to consult a nutritionist and she suggested trying the tummy enzyme.

Hi dolphingal,

Zion will be renovating their premises next year, part of the reason I pull my girl out too.

If not, the teachers there are good, my girl loves the school very much.

Hi

I have a 2 mth old baby and is in desprate need of contacts for day caregiver. Apparently all the infant care in TPY are all full and have to wait till next year for vacancy.

Thanks Jfoo and Char. Yes my boys immune systems are quite weak. They have been taking anitbiotics for almost every 2 - 3 weeks which I think is worrying.

JFoo, the G3 is in syrup form ? and what kind of tummy enzyme do u give ?

Dolphingal, Jacquelyn,
The current CCs within Toa Payoh are all full. PCF sparkletots said they plan to commence in Nov / Dec 2010. There is infant cum childcare services. I dropped by yesterday to take a look, still renovating but major work looks done. You may want to call them to find out more.
http://www.pcf.org.sg/viewCentrelocation.aspx?wfc=CHILDCARELOCATION&branch=Toa Payoh Central

The 2 new centres by NTUC first skool will only start 1st quarter next year at the earliest.

hey mummies...

juz did a simple bdae celebration for my ger and i bot tis jelly cake, which turned out very nice in terms of the design and taste. not too sweet tho very strong coconut. you can contact Mr & Mrs James Chan @ 97887807 / 96350758 or email [[email protected]]

4621235.jpg

reason i chose them over ejelly is their designs are nicer and have more cartoons, and they are also cheaper than ejelly. in my opinion, if give a normal thin slice to each guest, should be able to feed 20-25 guests. we each had a big slice (like how they sell outside) so 10 of us already took half the cake.

are,

i also got this jellycake for my son when he was 1yr. very nice.. not too sweet... =)
hope u had a great with the celebration..

btw i juz enrolled my son to young talents cc... still gt 2 more vacancies.. but they onli take in 2008 kids.. and younger and older no more space... personally i quite like the place.. sch fees also not bad.. ard $640/mth wo subsidy.

Janice, the G3 is thick, syruppy. Nice, the kids like the taste. We put it in the fridge, I'll pour out 5 mins before drinking.

The tummy enzyme is chewable, the brand I bought is called Nature's Plus. Bought from VitaKids. If you want I can get for you since I'm near one of their outlets (Utd Sq) every Sat.

Babygenius
Thanks. Just called PCF Blk 146A, TPY Central.
They have a very long waiting list. They will be operating their centre in Jan 2011.

Gal.dolphin
Glad that you have found one cc for Sky. Where is Young Talents?

Mummies
I know there is a Kiddy ABC Playgroup in TPY Braddell. Is it good? How is the turnover rate?

Hi Precious,
Thanks for the update. The waitlist just shows that there isn't enough CC around in TPY, maybe that's why NTUC plans toopen 2 centres within TPY at one go?

I did consider kiddyabc before enrolling my gal with Ykidz. They only have 1 session (9-11am) for playgroup. school fees is $140/mth if I remember it correctly. They din have enought 18-24m toddlers to start the class this year. .
The place is smaller than Ykidz and there are many tables and chairs around cos it's also a CC and there are often events or meetings at night.

Hi Mommies,

I am staying at Toa Payoh also. I am SHM.
I got 1 boy going to 2 yrs, next year going to PCF blk 157, I choose 8 am - 10 am.
Any mommies kids same timing with me.

esther,
welcome to the thread. there is a mummy who will send her gal there next yr for the 8am session. my gal is 3yo and is currently schooling there too.

Hi eunice,
I'm fine, boys are fine just that they fall sick often. They are in school like only 2-3 weeks a month. Ascension kindy, will be from K1. Don't think there is any more vacancies now. As for Cambridge, most likely will stay put unless I decided not to work. By the way, u still with Liz ? Im thinking of sending the boys to her for phonics enrichment.

Childcare fees ... not sure if anyone has the same sentiments as me. Childcare fees have been increasing by $100 yearly, which the school claims that increase in operating fees. The govt gave us $300 subsidy but now we end up paying more since the rate of increase in fees is higher than our subsidy. haiz ... just to vent.

Precious,
I din visit star tots as they only take children at the year they turn 3 and the list was already fuull for year 2011 when I was inquiring.

I think it's $280 for two bottles of 750ml. Your boys should be taking 60ml each day per person. How is their food intake? Are they eating plenty of fruit and veg. If they are then perhaps go on the tummy enzyme first as they should be getting sufficient vits, just not absorbing. If you think their diet is poor then try the G3.

Hi Precious!
Thanks for sharing. Sorry, I mixed it up with the Edu farm at 78b. U visited Star Tots? Is the intake big?
So far my gal is ok at Ykidz for the past 2.5 months and i will start her on the 4-hour session next year.
But I likely to switch her at some point or Nursery / Kindergarten.

hey Precious, Star Tots is at blk 79?is there still got vacancy available?how must is the fees ah?I called to PCF at blk 146A, claimed that toddle will be under long long list..
sad.gif

will open school on next yr Jan...hope can get it, coz My First Skool seems only available next yr mar?at the blk 54 there...which better le actually?I was tot My First Skool is better?

Now im sent my kids to Ykidz every sat only 1 hour for the montessori class...he refuse to participate with others while teacher teach in group..im so upset!
sad.gif

Hi Esther,

My gal is 2 yrs and she is going to PCF Blk157 kindergarten next year. Will be same timing as your boy. Where do you stay? We are staying at Blk82B.

Precious,

Young talents is located at toa payoh west cc ard near blk 146. but they onli take in 3yrs old and above.. i hope my son will be able to cope well in time to come..

dolphingal,
nice to see u at the Hokkien HuayKuan on Sat morning, wish we could chat longer but gotta rush for my gal's class straight after registration.
Which class hv u choosen for Sky to attend?
I'd enrolled my gal for 'Fun Chinese' and 'Dance Class' next year.

Back