TOA PAYOH mummies

Are,

Ya maybe see sala. Heard chij will be having new principal and quite reputable, heard from ex ij girls.

Anyone got nanny contacts, I'm just standing by.

Hi, i'm new here. Are there any playdates going on in Toa Payoh? I would like to bring my son (1 year old) if any
happy.gif
thanks!

Sigh, suddenly feel so dejavu on searching for IFC & CC.

Toa payoh still so limited choice.

First Skool central - really dont feel like going back there, cos its too big.
HDB hub - they say dont bother to queue haha
sparkletots - dunno good or not, ask us to queue
safra - dunno when opening... and new school dunno how is it..
Toa payoh west young talents - only toddler onwards

sibeh sian.

Dor,
ya heard from CG, was so hoping no need to travel, but central limited choice and long queue. Am going to enquire safra one now. Usually new school cannot see good or not, but aiyo at this point is bo he hei ma hou!

Hi Rlcl,

Thanks for your update. Do you already register & give the deposit ?

Do you know the toddler full day charge ?

Thanks.

Hi everyone, recommending a salon in Lor 1 blk 125 (near the sheltered roundabout). It's called Hair Affairs. The ladies use to work at J's Salon (Goodwood) but came out to venture on their own. I normally have mine cut by Jane, she is very experienced so be prepared to pay a little more if you want her services. But the other two ladies are good too.

Now, to food
happy.gif
There's a relatively new cupcake shop at blk 85, near the Lor 1 end. It is called Charlotte Grace. Lmited flavours but pretty good. And priced at $2.50 each. Compared to the "big boys" like 12 Cupcakes which are priced at a min of $3, this is a good deal. And not too far away from this shop is a more traditional cake shop that makes pineapple tarts and some other traditional cookies. It is called nineteen niche. I tried a bottle of the tarts, not bad. 16 balls for $7.

One other thing, does anyone know of any nannies in Yishun area? I have a friend who is desperately looking for one.

ivy... why u searching for CC again? not happy with current?

hey jfoo... i saw the nineteen but did not go in, cos the the shop was rather empty. they sell very few things? or maybe juz opened then.

cupcakes are so ridiculously expensive these days!! worse than muffins!! lucky i not big fan! hahaha...

how much u pay for your cut?

Haircut is about $40 as Jane cuts for me. That includes wash and all. I think the other two ladies charge $20 plus.

Nineteen Niche doesn't sell many things, I think their main is pineapple tarts and some cookies. Now there's mooncake.

RLCL, ya heard about the open house but 06 oct im busy with many things on scheduled so maybe will try to see another day.

jfoo, ya charlotte grace, going to order my girl birthday cake from her.

Are, for no 2. but not many got ifc to cc one. tot if can house both at one place then good lah.

Anyone got good recommendation for learning arts? Am stopping my girl from shicida and maybe let her do what she likes, which is either music or arts.. if can around tpy will be good.

oh! congrats, ivy!! :p

i had to wait for my facial appt yestr so tot go get a cupcake. but aiya... they close on sunday ah! :p

if anyone want to order agar agar cake, can order from cakestory (website and fb). i just ordered two and guests at both parties loved them!

Hi, glad that the thread is alive. Anyone heard of Suitall (doing facial) at lor 5? Need a facial badly. Or any good one ard tpy?

Hi mummies,

I am also a TPY mummy. Just gave birth this Feb.

Am looking for CC for my bb.
TPY so limited choice of CC
sad.gif

Btw, Safra TPY official opening 27th Oct

Hi mummies! I'm a tpy mummy, new mummy though cos just gave birth this feb. currently Tinking of scouting for a pre-school for my son cos wanna send him in when he is 2y/o.

Btw chiliquek, ur name looks familiar. U also in feb mummy 2012 forum? Hehe

hihi

hahha, how have you all been!

i mia for 2yrs i think! hahah with the new job, horrid pregnancy n then loosing my maid.... hahah well now all 3 are in cc and i have been maidless for 1yr. finally learnt how to survive without 1!
no extra time to go online at all!

Any mummies exploring / registered for childcare services at either

1) Nurture stars ( safra Toa payoh) - collaboration between safra and kinderland

2) Raffles house ( tpy Lor 6 HSR building)

Both opening this Nov / Dec

I have a kid for K1 level next year

Thanks!!!

Raffles house is $1250/mth before MCYS subsidy.

Nurture Stars (Safra Toa Payoh) has infant care (IFC) services:
Rate for safra members and before subsidy: $1600 (IFC) and $998 (18mth-6 years)
Rate for public: $1700 and $1250 respectively

hello, MIA again, my this 2nd pregnancy is making me so tired...

I went to nurture stars open house, quite big and bright place, not sure of the teachers though. I got to drive if not also not easy to get there.
PCF not childcare..
Raffles house so ex sia!!

Anyone got good recommendation for firming cream for post natal... i think my tummy and breast will be super saggy after this 2nd pregnancy.

Charlotte grace ya i ordering cake from her!!

Another new cupcake joint just opened not too long ago near SPH, blk 203, I think. It's called 51 Degrees. A lot more flavours than Charlotte. But prices are steeper than Charlotte. Some of the cupcakes have a heavier (more dense) texture than others.

Ivy, you can try Palmer's or Clarins for firming cream. I didn't use (consistently) and now I regret... haha! But ya, these two brands are popular with my circle of friends who did use.

hi to all new mummies here!!

jfoo... the 51 degrees super ex man! and so funnie to hv so stylo reno in an old neighbourhood! i am juz thankful i am not a fan of cupcakes else very heartpain! ha!

ivy... u tried egytian magic cream tat's selling very well in the forum? its a very good moisturiser. our whole family including ah ger uses this, esp when she has nappy rash.

another foodie tidbit!! everyone knows about the bagus kway chap near my place at blk 93 (lor 3)market right? well, there is another stall, diagonally opp it that sells very good braised pig trotters (both "leg" & "hand")! he also has chicken wings, intestines, mei cai, and his noddles are so nice, unlike normal noodles! do give it a try some time!

in the same market, there is also a fried rice stall which was recently featured in the papers, resulting in long queues now. prepare to wait long long and also put up wth black face of the chef in order to savour the good food! famous for their fried rice, spinach and steamed fish.

share new eats in tpy!!

I went back to 51 Degrees again after reading the review in Sunday Times. This time round I tried the dark earl grey and the salted caramel. And boy, it sure was in a different league. Exactly how I like it, moist, light. And the flavour was intense, esp the earl grey. It was like having a condensed shot of earl grey! Yes, $3.50 is ex, and to be in a neighbourhood, not a Holland V neighbourhood but just Toa Payoh neighbourhood so going to see how it can grow. But so far, they have many orders coming through, due to publicity and truly they are worth a try. I also tried their lemon meringue tart, good! But ya, ex for such a small tart that can be eaten in one mouth! Have yet to try their chiffon which is another best seller.

ARE, the fried rice stall, is that the one run by Hongkies? The fried bittergourd with slice fish is nice too. The stall that sells wu xiang is good too. Uncle makes his own from scratch!

jfoo... tat day i told hubby i muz try one so i know why ppl like you are so willing to pay for a "bite". he say better dun try, wait hooked. so now he keep telling me... not nice one lah! ha!

yes, the fried rice is by the hongkies. agree the fish stall and wu xiang are nice too! i can't bear to move away from this place man! but i seldom go down & eat actually. i try to cook so we eat healthier and lesser!

Hi ladies

I Mia for v long. Been busy w work n kids, plus recently went for an opto remove a lump at nek area. Now on mc.

Wah, rates at the safra cc n raffles cc so exp. I thought mine alr v expensive. Brought my 2 kiddos there for open house. Nice pool n indoor gym. Good to go if really nothing to do w them on weekends.

Hi my son is going p1 next year . For this dec holiday , thinking of giving him go han Yu pin yin class ... Any good recommendation ?

Hello all.

Are, i want tightening! i hate my saggy breast and tummy, esp my breast will enlarge to E cup then shrink to C cup and sag to B cup..

Jfoo, will try clarins haha. asking hubby to buy. hope he wont feel heart pain.

Surf, ya safra CC very very very ex.. raffles i dun even wanna think. And safra cc location not exactly convenient, the traffic there is horrible... so -.- dunno la..

ANY NANNIES AROUND TPY CENTRAL for me to consider??

I log in once a blue moon cos really so lack of sleep, hitting 3rd trimester liao.

Hi mummies,i have been MIA for quite sometimes too...
just wonder SAFRA is only for member can go for the gym and the other activities is it?
Non member not even can go in even pay the fees?

new mommy... im not so sure leh, i think so. just go and drop by and see?

BTW i order the cakes from charlotte grace, the chocolate one was a big hit. So you guys can consider ordering ur kiddos birthday cake from there lah.

Hi newmummy08

Any one can go to safra. It is a matter of public got to pay more than members. Of coz the perks are supposed to convert u to become safra members. Go check it out!
happy.gif

Any mummies enrol kids in CMa, Kumon or Montessori classes?

did some findings on MPM and Mind Stretcher...both very acadamic base. MPM teaching method not exactly inline with MOE hence am a lil hesitant.

Hi Ivy, am looking for course/s with a holistic approach and glad her kinddy is providing an enrichment course on 'critical thinking' (do not hv the details wif me now).

With that i started her on Mind Strecher @ One People, yesterday evening was her 1st lesson and she enjoyed it. I guess partly also becoz her kinndy frenz are there hence she has company. Since this course is very acadamic base i am telling myself to let her try out for a month and see how she progress will let her continue if she wants to.

Hi j foo

Is CMa method similar to abacus? U go to the CMa branch at central? I saw this abacus course at Tpy west cc by edufarm also. Not sure if similar.

Any mummy kid in ballet at Tpy west cc? Just enrolled her recently but now tell me want art class! Zzzzzzz. Prob withdraw her aft this term n let her try art class? Any recommendation by mummies here?

Surf, I think there are various methods so not sure whether it's the same. CMA prides itself as using a two-hand method which activates the right as well as the left brain. Must warn you first, there is quite a fair bit of discipline going into this esp if you want to see a good progress. Good thing my kids actually enjoy the lessons AND doing the homework, actually my daughter was very upset when I told her I was going to withdraw her. Why you may ask. Well, she's reached a high grade and at this stage speed had become the essence and what she was being drilled in was not contributing to what she was expected in school, or at least I couldn't see how it could. As for my son, he does need a bit of prompting to get some work done but once he's into it he'd happily finish them. And yes, he goes to the CMA in central. If you are keen in signing up (I think you can opt for a trial) I can give you a referral, I think that will entitle you to some sort of discount.

hi Anyone's kid going to My First Skool at Lorong 8 Blk 219/221?

Dor? Your #2?
happy.gif

Also, I know this has been given out a few times but appreciate if someone could post numbers for swimming instructors again. Anyone interested in starting a class next year please PM me. My girl is 4 going on 5 next year and I'm thinking of signing her up. Thanks in advance!

Back