Tampines Mummy Club

babyS,

don't think la.. just DO it! kekkee... I am trying also.. hope to strike soon!
happy.gif

sian.. just bring joshua see doc this morning..so didn't go sch.. suspect he got it from sch.. he has cough and runny nose since tuesday night..suprisingly after seeing doc his cough and runny nose seems much better.. virus must be afraid of the medi doc gave.. kekeke..

BTW Happy V'day everyone!
happy.gif

Any mummies wanna lent ur place for gathering? keke.. then we can organise from there..
happy.gif

Hi mommies,

Just found this thread and would like to join in too.
happy.gif
I'm still on maternity leave and am staying at my parents' place at st 42 during the daytime. Brings baby home with me during the evenings and tt's in Simei and am staying with my in-laws. Bought new place in Tampines but will only be ready in 2 yrs' time. Here's a little intro of myself
happy.gif

Mummy's name: Joanna
Baby's Name : Theresa
D.O.B baby : 30/11/06
Add : Tamp st 42 & Simei st 2
Contact details : [email protected]
interest : eating, picnics at the beach and sleeping

Mrs Tan, do include me in the next Amosco BP.
happy.gif
Order their eclair, swiss rolls and profiteroles for my baby's first mth celebration. Wanted to get their eclairs for CNY but was told tt it's out out stock already....

BTW, Happy Valentine's Day too, mommies!
kao_cheers.gif

hi Joanna

welcome you to the club.
Yr new place is Tampines ave 5/7 (the premier)???
lucky yr both parents and in law are very near to each other.

joshmummy,
is so normal that yr son fall sick when he started to interact with other children. more to come ...... get prepared.

my son had been coughing since after his child care life.... coughing for abt 2mths plus, now slightly better...., now i supper tired & sleepy, today woke up at 6.15am and go to market, so many ppl in the market. Fainted..........

cheer

Hi BabyS, thanks for the warm welcome.
happy.gif
Yes. My new place is the premiere. bought it a day before my baby popped.

Need your advice, ladies... I stopped breastfeeding 2 weeks ago through medication (dostinex) and my menses has not come...
blush.gif
I thought menses will return soon after one stop breastfeeding? Am I fertile during this period of time and should i test for pregnancy should my menses fail to return in another mth's time?

Thanks Leng Leng.
I'm still so used to the idea tt when menses doesn't come, it's indicative tt I'm pregnant.
embarrassed.gif
Got so anxious cos not planning for the next one until a yr and a half later.

hi joanna

bingo i guess!!
i was also in the waiting list in queue but i let go my chance,just try for luck.
i like the location but the kitchen is supper small for me (not big enough for me). the rooms also very small except the living room. the price also nt cheap. i like the balcony.
in future, that pcs of land will have more developments.

happy lunar new yr to all mummies!!!!

cheer

Thanks Leng Leng!
happy.gif
Was so worried tt menses will come suddenly and will probably be really heavy after such a long absence... been carrying napkins with me, just in case...
embarrassed.gif

BabyS, agree tt the kitchen and rooms are super small but attracted by the idea tt everything is done for us so only need $$ to buy furniture and the fact tt it's a new apartment in a mature estate. Before buying the flat, we were still worrying abt the huge $$ we'll be incurring to renovate a resale flat...
uhoh.gif

Had $40K grant for living near parents. Pd $300K for my 5-rm 9th storey unit and yup! my husband found out tt the surrounding pc of land will be for commercial use so probably will be expecting more offices or shopping centres...

Happy CNY to all mummies out there too!!!
smile.gif

Hi all tampines moms!!

my little one will be arriving sometime late april or early may (edd: 01 may).

So.. like to say Hi to all tampines moms and have some networking!! heee....

Mummy's name: Ciarie
Baby's Name : *Still thking..*
D.O.B baby : *edd: 01 May 07*
Add : Tamp st 91
interest : not much of time to have interests... :p now only surfing motherhood forum! haha!! gathering more info for my little one otw..
happy.gif

Hi,

I have MIA for a long long time ( last posting on 28.06.06 ). Very happy to see so many mummies after I disappeared. I have a 3 years old son and a 1 year old daughter. Son is at NTUC CC at st 45 ( opp. my house ).

Happy Chinese New year.

Regards

hi ng

what a long posting. i stayed at the NTUC cc blk. so near to you. welcome you back again. are you a SAHM or FTWM.

let's welcome ciarie to the club. not too late to join.

where is joshmummy???? maybe she is too busy for the CNY......

cheer.

hi all

finally back to work, so xian..........

jonana
how is yr baby??

Joshmummy
where are you?? calling for you.........

Ng
how is yr boy and girl? any comment on NTUC CC??

cheer

hallo mummies,
do u all heard about the motherhood fair at suntec this coming sat n sun . r u all going wanna meet up n go together haha like that more fun

Hi,

My gal and boy are fine. Thank You very much. However, my boy still need to go to KKH regularly to monitor his asthma.

My boy is now is Nursery. The teachers are ok. No complaint so far ( from me ).

Sorry. Do not think I can go to the fair this weekend as my MIL was admitted to the hospital last night.

Regards

BabyS,

here here.. kekke.. haiya.. DS down with viral fever.. sianz.. his flu and cough is on recovery then go sch kanna again..been busy taking care of him and i not feeling well.. been experiencing MS lately.. and tested positive.. going to see gynae next mon to confirm.. Didn't expect so zun first time try kanna.. 4d also not so zun ah... kekkee...

seems like there alotsa MTBs here too!! welcome all
happy.gif

mrs tan,

don't think i going la.. from experience there is nothing much there.. except for some contest and competitions for ur baby or toddlers.. if u are going update us in here okie?
happy.gif

hi,

ng
must really pay more attention on yr boy, so poor thing, so young got asthma.

joshmummy
this like that one, come and go, the flu & cough..., this few day, weather turn very hot, must drink more cooling water.
all the best for yr 2nd pregnancy.... Jia you!!!!dont so stress, take yr time.
if yr son still not recover from flu and cough after finishing his medicine, do try the chinese doctor (TCM). as is not good for yr son to consume the medicine too long (western medicine).

Mrs tan
not going to the fair, really nothing to see.

take care
cheer.
happy.gif

BabySean,

Dyllis will be going for the animal resort with her aunt as I'm too busy with work and oso my maid will be going for her home leave for a week so need to save my leave so as can take care both of them as my mum can't handle.

Thot of putting my younger one at Loveshine too but afraid that she will get sick too often. Maybe will let her join her sister when she reached 2.

So how abt u, r u going?

Joshmummy,
Ya agree with babySean, if still not recover no harm trying TCM. Wow! so lucky u. Congrats & take care.

Hi BabySean,

My baby is doing well,thanks! She's reaching 3 mths and am scheduled for her vaccination. Was very confused abt the 5 in 1 and 6 in 1 vaccines but managed to read up some useful articles.. Decided to send her to PD for 5 in 1 instead of polyclinic's indiv vaccines.
happy.gif

Just started work again and the evening's 3 hrs with her before her bedtime now becomes so precious to me...
wink.gif
really envy the SAMHs...

Joshmummy,
Congrats! Do take care of your health... It's another wonderful journey with a new life, isn't it???
happy.gif

Oh yes... for yr son's flu and cough, read somewhere in the forum abt bao yin dan and bao bei dan from Eu Yang Sen tt's supposed to help in phlegm and cold.... Remembered tt some mothers had very positive comments abt it. Wanted to find out more abt it but haven't got time to drop by the shop.

Mrs Tan,
Read in the 8 days tt the main exhibitors are Nestle, Stemcord, HSBC, Wyeth, Dumex and Mums & Babes... Not using any of their products so don't think i'll be going for the fair. Baby is too young for the contests...
wink.gif
Enjoy your day at their fair!

hi

sara
my maid and i will be going to aminal resort with my son. maybe interesting.
actually not hurry to enrol 2nd one to loveshine CC. hw abt megan's party? i will be going to the party.

Jonana
6 in 1 vaccines always have fever after the injections, i send my son to polyclinic for 5 in 1 package. do take more photos of yr little ones, if not, all the cute and sweet moments goes away very fast.

now my son got the flu and cough back again, so xian....

cheer

I'm thinking of moving my kids nearer to Tampines. It seems many moms here with children at Loveshine CC. Must be good, huh?

Anyone with children at PCF Sparkletots child care at Blk 341 or any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Hi BabySean,
Me not attending Megan's birthday party. These 2 days dunno where are all the teachers even the principal not in when I reached there at 8.30am. No teacher there to take the temperature and only left the cleaner at the entrance doing the cleaning. Think they are short of teachers.

hi sara

always only cleaner bring my son in the class for these few days.
maybe the principal on long leave. i sometime only saw the lady boss (long Hair with spec).
maybe all the teachers are inside the classroom attending other children.
BTW do you know what time yr child take his lunch?
for my info, they had changed the lunch time from 11.30am to 12.00pm WEF Dec2006.

Pavilion8612
not sure abt the PCF sparkletots CC. can't help you.

cheer

Thanks BabySean.

Actually, I went to have a look at Loveshine sometime back. They look very impressive in terms of their curiculum plus the principal seems very good at promoting the schools.

babysean,Sara,Jonana,

thanks for ur well wishes.. Joshua fever has gone down.. i also abit worried abt letting him eat too much western medi.. he been on medi for 2 weeks plus liao.. but his cough and flu are also clearing.. haven't been letting him go sch for this week.. think will let him go next week..

Mummies, TMC really good huh? where can i bring him?

Jonana,
thanks for ur info.. will take a look at Yu yang sen when i have the time.. PD actually recomend that we give my boy cod liver oil and multi vitamins to boost his immune system.. so i am currently lookin for recommendation on which is good.. any idea ladies?

Hey mummies btw wat's the animal resort u gers talking abt? sounds fun..

hi joshmummy

i have a Chinese sinseh, come to my hse to see my son. This sinseh is my MIL's friend, a bit long winded, is an old man. consultation plus medication is abt S$50.00 per visit. if you're interested, you can sms me.

the animal resort outing is the loveshine Child care organised one for the children.

don't let joshua take the multivitamin first as his cough and flu not fully recover and the multi vitamin are quite heaty, but the cod liver oil is fine if you want to feed him now.
have you ever eat joshua to eat fish maw and bird nest? good for lungs.

babysean,

thanks for ur info..chinese sinseh good eh?will ask u for his contact if i need to consult him.. so far joshua only has abit of runny nose..
i yet to buy the multi vits..didn't know it's heaty.. fish maw is what kinda fish ah.. i not very sure..i always let him eat threadfin.. bird nest i never let him try..maybe should try..must boil ourself type?
now i make honey water for him to drink....Just let him attend sch today, only fuss abit..

Btw how's sean's flu and cough? better?

evening me gonna visit my gynae to confirm prenancy.. feeling excited! kekeke..

hi joshmummy

thanks for yr regards, sean has recovered from his flu and cough, but i still monitor him very closely esp he cough. nowadays the fever virus going around, so scary....

i pm you the contact and you decide whether to call him.

good let him drink the honey, you also can boil the barely water for him.
the fish maw is yu piao (you can buy in the market), during CNY, market sell a lot. you can go to FU HUA medical hall (got many branches), basement Tampines mall.
for bird nest, is best you boil for you and also for yrself at same time.

keep me update after yr checking. all the best to you.

cheer

babysean,

thanks for the contact..

Yup...pregnancy is cfm.. baby EDD 23Oct.. Little piggy.. kekee..

how come here so dead nowadays ah..

hi joshmummy

gong xi ni.... so happy for u...
happy.gif

this thread very funny, suddenly very quiet....
also dont know why....
hope this time yr pregnancy is girl....
joshua want di di or mei mei????

cheer

babysean,

actually i was thinking of boy.. then can recycle all the clothes..kekeke.. cheapskate hor.. of cos everyone will start telling me hope that it's a ger.. perfect mah..

Joshua too young to tell me wat he wants la.. don't think he knows he gonna be a korkor liao..hahaa..

hi hi....i like tis thread. i live in punggol but i send my kids to tampines in-laws' place everyday....so, i'm a half tampinian! i hv 2 boys, 2.5 yr and younger one is 3 months old. still on maternity leave. may i know any child care centre with good teachers in tampines? planning to send my 2.5 yr ds to a half day child care, juz to let him meet some of his peers....sort of preparing him for kindy next time.

hello mommies

I live in Bedok but my kids are attending enrichment classes in Tampines. So we hang around Tampines every weekends :eek:)

SAHM for the last 4 years. my girls are 2 years apart. 3 and 5 years old.

my 3 years old is not attending any pre-nursery. Only send her for Chinese enrichment once a week. my 5 years old attending PAP K1

BGermaine
we visited a child care at Tampines Central CC. very spacious, with in door playground. We were quite impressed. you may want to take a look to access its suitablity

hi
this thread alive again... hee... hee..

my son is going to 3 yr old, in coming june.
now he attends half day CC at Loveshine CC st 43.
i searching for enrichment course for him, hoepfully on sat. any recommend.

hippo2002
where did u send yr 3yr old child for enrichment class?

cheer
happy.gif

BabySean

She used to attend Shichida but we are dropping her end of this month

just started her on Chinese at MRC. Teacher said her attention span is very short. She can only remember 3 words out of the 7 taught on 1st lesson. When I asked her why she didn't pay attention in school? my girl said she didn't want to go Chinese school anymore.
Alamak, I wasn't even raising my voice or anything, was just asking her a question nicely.... For that 1 (wrong) question, I need to spend the next 30 minutes praising her for recognising 3 words to make her feel better. she has low stress tolerance.

how about music? I'm also searching for music for my girl. I have another thread on this http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/729486.html?1174292636

hi hippo2002

i also saw that thread, i forgotten that they closed on monday, i will visit the school this weeek to find out more details.
where is MRC???

cheer

they have 2 franchises in Tampines. can't comment whether good or not, my girl just started
was considering Berries but schedule not suitable

Seimpi schedule is out. Sun 2pm, timing not suitable for us, so got to keep looking for other schools

hi hippo, why are you withdrawing yr daughter fr shichida? i heard tis method requires a lot of practice and memory, is it true?

my son is also turning 3 tis jun. somehow i'm pressured to think that i shd enrol him in some class, cos most of my friends' 3-yr olds are already attending some form of 'classes'. what do u ladies think? i will most likely b sending him to the void deck CC in june. hv been weighing the pros and cons of sending him to a more reputable CC which requires traveling, or putting him in those low profile void deck CC that saves time spent on the road. meanwhile, will b attending a trial session at the weekend gymboree class to see if he enjoys activities in a classroom setting.

hi hippo, is Tampines Central CC the one juz behind the new NTUC (previously Cold Storage)? it's v near my in-laws' place. absolutely accessible...will check it out next week. hopefully their schedule suits my son.

hi Bgermaine

my sis in law also stop the shichida lesson in this month. the course fee not cheap, abt S$60.00 per lesson.

yr son birth month same with my son.

my son enjoy going to Childcare, he learns all the gds and bads.

all the music class time clash with my son's nap time. so xian! need to search around again.

i went to tampines blk 450G. they have conducted FUN chinese and other weekend class like puppetry, art & craft, music and movement.

cheer.

BabySean
what is at blk 450G ? weekends enrichment ?
did you attend SOKA open house ? it's behind Safra

BGermaine

ntuc is in its basements. The childcare is upstairs

my girl attended 7 terms with Shichida, since she was 17 months old. But no time to do home practice. Now that she is older, there are more choices available for her age group

plan to let her do gymnastic and music. still sourcing for suitable ones

I did not enrol her for formal kindergarten this year. hehe, my mom ticking me off for not enrolling her for pre-nursery. But there is so limited choice in bedok area

Looking at nursery next year when she will be 4

Back