Subsidy Patient @ KKH

Hi all!!! went to KKH today for a follow-up check up for my son.. due to asthma prob... so nw den online...

Leng Leng,
well actually i oso dunno leh... seriously i didn get any CL for myself b4... i oso dunno wat's the job of a CL... well actually i realise that we actually noe each other de lor.. my hubby is workin together wif ur hubby in the same camp.. i didn notice it until i saw ur 2nd n 3rd child's name.... LOL.. wat a small world!!

I'm stayin wif PIL.. so extra rooms!!! urgh!!! even if i move ovr to my mother's place.. oso facin the same prob.. no extra rooms... n oso i need to seek her permission 1st b4 i can get a CL for myself coz aft all it's her house.. nt mine.... haiz.... headache...

afcai,
ya.. choosin KKH since my 1st child... but alot of ppl told me that KKH is no good.. but budget lor.. frankly speakin i didn really encounter any 'bad' experience at all.. frm seein my gynae till birth... till stayin... all seems quite well leh... only that the food is kind of salty abit la... everytin's ok leh... i dun get wat they mean by 'no good'...

watie,
that's what the midwife told me,
& it works for me... 3 times.
happy.gif

Rebecca,
who's your hubby? hehe...
Which camp?

Leng Leng,
SM Lee lor... LOL!! AFS lor... anw, wanna ask u, u mention that u took epidural durin child birth.. izzit whn the moment u admitted the midwife ask u whether u wan it or aft the pain came? OR the moment u goin to give birth?

coz for mine case.. i didn took it at all.. but durin my 1st preg.. the midwife actually wanted to let me take it ONLY whn i was abt to gve birth.. as in my water-bag already burst... but still didn took it la.. coz aft my water-bag burst.. the midwife can see Nicholas head.. still rmb she's kind of takin her own sweet time.. until she sees his head she den kind of panic.. coz they nt yet layin all the cloth n all dis.. haha.. it makes me wanna laugh whnever the scene flash across my mind....

Rebecca,
small world, small world,
but I thought you r staying at your mum's place at Tampines?

#1, I "TONG" for 6 hours b4 taking epidural.
#2, I asked for epidural as soon as I changed & lay in bed.
#3, I asked for epidural before I change... hehehe...

As long as you asked for it,
the nurse will page for the fellow when it's time.
happy.gif

Leng Leng,
u mean confinement period or now? now i'm back to sembawang coz Nicholas skoolin..

ic.. but i heard frm ppl that the needle of the epidural is 'big & long' LOL!! izzit true?! but lots of ppl advice me nt to take epi as it'll hve side effect as in really bad backaches.. izzit true? coz a few midwife told me the same tin.. i mean as in nt those 'normal' kind of backaches but quite bad lor... especially durin those rainning days... tat's y both my 2 kids i pain until die oso dun wan..

tink my 3rd one oso nt takin it ba... coz i heard frm ppl it's costly... sum more.. since nt usin it frm the start den y start.. since i still can so-called 'tahan' the pain... haha...

Rebecca,
I see...
Got to plan to find school at Punggol when your home is ready hor...

Epidural needle is very long,
Benson sees it twice, 3rd time they refused to let him see,
cause there's many cases of hubbies fainting when they see the needle.

Backache,
so far so good for me,
you need to lay in bed a lot,
for at least 2 weeks after giving birth to avoid the Backache.
Epidural or not, I think we'll still have backache.
happy.gif

If your pain taking level is high,
then no need lah...
happy.gif

I took it during #1 birth cause,
the midwife told me, if I'm unable to give birth withing 24 hours,
I may have to go for C-section,
and I have to take epidural anyway...
happy.gif

Leng Leng,
ic.. no wonder Master Benson keep tellin SM to let me rest as much as possible.. best is so-called bedridden as much as i can... but since Master Benson already seen it.. twice!! i dun think there's any big prob.. aren't u scare whn u saw it?! guess if i saw it.. i'm sure to change my mind!!! my pain takin lvl so-so la.. at 1st i wanted to take epi.. but aft i heard frm ppl... i tink.. 'nvm thx'.. LOL!! i can try to endure the pain but once i noe u wanna use a needle n poke me... 'OUCH!!' I'll feel more painful... seriously.. up till nw if i need to go for blood test.. I'll start to curse n swear... hehe...

But i only got my flat in ard 4 yrs time.. frankly speakin.. i'm really lost n i really dunno wat to do leh.. i noe i need to look for skool at Punggol but i dunno whn should i start lookin.. n i need to look for 2 skool.. 1 for Nicholas.. another 1 for Gracia n my 3rd child.. hmm... headache!!

well.. SM is nt like Master Benson.. i find that Master Benson is a veri clever person... he seems to noe lots of tins.. LOL!! frm wat i heard frm SM la.. SM seems like 'bo chap' leh.. i oso dunno leh..

Rebecca,
don't see = not scared... hahaha...
I'm not afraid of needles, it's the pain that I hated,
the type that keeps coming & coming lor...

For primary school,
we should be looking for one with mixed gender,
so once #1 goes in, we'll be in Phase 1 for 2nd/3rd child intake,
no need to look for another school liao.
happy.gif

Of Course SM is not like Benson,
both of you are so much younger than us.
Clever & knows a lot = experience? nay, it simply means we are older... hahaha...
happy.gif

Do give SM more time to "grow up",
it's hard to accept that he's going to be father of 3 when all his friends his age are still "hanging & playing".

While the kids are growing up,
do spend more time with him too,
do not trade time with him for time with the kids,
get him to help make the kids goes to bed earlier,
then both of you can have more "WE" time together.
happy.gif

Leng Leng,
dun see = nt scare.. haha...
but got the feelin ma..

SM told me by the time we got our flat.. Nicholas is already in P1 goin to P2.. so which is means we need to transfer skool for him.. n he told me that it's quite troublesome..

clever n noe alot = experience/older.. LOL!!
well.. actually i prefer to make frenz wif u ppl.. coz i can learn more tins.. mayb coz of tat reason, i love to hang out wif my 姑姑.. coz she teach me lots of tins.. of coz hang out wif diff ppl learn diff tins la.. dun really like to hang out wif frenz ard my age. all they noe is fashion la.. dis n tat la.. as a mother of 2.. fashion means nth to me.. LOL!! but of coz cnt expect them to understand me la.. guess it's juz diff status lor..

havin more "WE" time..
hmm.. guess he prefer havin more time to play game den spendin time wif me n the kids ba.. haha...he always play game durin free time.. but of coz he will help out whn i need help lor.. tat's all lor.. guess coz of tat.. Nicholas dun really like to play wif him father.. he rather time by himself or disturb me.. hehe..

Sabrina,
anyway, I have yr mailbox no loh. hmm...didn't u sign up for a package at TMC? heard that there's a packages fr antenal checkup to delivery loh.KKH..hmm..need to request for MC one then they will give.

ai-yo..so jialat huh...where u take Aafreen for a jab? did u let her take chicken pox jab? we decided to let tx take the chicken pox jab end of the mth.

wow...times flies wor...Omera turning 8mth..... ai-yo, tx only had her first 2 upper teeth end of 8mth only. my sil 's bb (next mth 1 yr old) still dunno how to crawl. recently, only know how to flip. but she had 4 teeth only.

but when Aafreen has her first tooth?

Leng Leng,
err..so far I have no bckache except when I bent down to the playpen and carry bb. oh...so dun think they detect any difference in their milk powder right?

oh...so yr no 1 labour is still short wor...wow..u KS even u change, already ask for epidural liao...for yr no 3.wondering how long can an epidural last?? but if taken epidural, how to push as one cannot feel the pain at all? for me, I made use of the pain to push (just like poos).

true true, my fren's hubby felt dizzy and the nurse immediately sent him outside loh when he saw the needle.

Watie,
same same like me lah...I also have the same thoughts, tot Epidural only eases the pain.

hai...me also stress too. but can't help got to take one step each day pass by. haa maybe when u think of yr darlings, u will be much
happy.gif

Rebecca,
same same, I also did not get any CL b4. true, same encountered with me at KKH except for a few times, when I went for my checkup, it is a long wait tough there is an appt. but some other time, waiting time is ok.
oh, seems all of u here have more than 1 kid wor....

hmm...I remember the KKH midwife mentioned that epidural can be given only when u went into delivery but not near to give birth cos epidural will take some time to take effect.

haa..same thinking as me, I scared of seeing needle and also think that it will have bad backaches and vomit too.

afcai,
hmm.. ya lor.. havin the same problem as u lor.. waitin time can kill lor.. but aft all.. nt bad la.. last week juz went for follow-up check-up.. noe wat!! tat was really a fast one.. everytin end less den an hour.. tat includes collectin medicine... serious.. guess coz my hubby accompanied me.. LOL!!

I dunno leh.. the midwife wanna gve the epi.. guess she didn expect to see baby's head aft my waterbag burst.. i'm surprise too.. coz aft my waterbag burst.. i got a feelin of poo poo.. den i told her my baby is comin out soon.. she still chewin sweet i still rmb... walkin slowly to chk.. den she say "aiyo.. can see ur baby head liao!! hold ur breath n dun push!!" n she hurried another midwife to be fast... so the both of them was like walkin quite fast to get all the stuff ready.. so whn the moment they lay the green colour cloth under my buttock.. my son is out.. didn even hve to push...

Rebecca,
haa...maybe it is the power of yr hubby. anyway, afterall KKH is not bad at all. but dun think I'm gg back there for my future no 2 cos it is very far fr my hse.

for me, i dun even feel any poos poos feeling.haa so cute midwife u have...so relax wor...when u (mummy) seems kan cheong. I got no sign of laobur at all. huh...ask u not to push when bb head is out...guess yr son can't wait to be out wor to see Mummy....envy wor....so yr delivery is SO SMOOTH.

afcai,
hmm... actually i can choose to go TMC coz i'm stayin at sembawang n there's a TMC private clinic here.. if i'm nt wrong the gynae's name is Doc Lawrence.. but i heard frm ppl that the waitin time oso can kill as he alone n seein all his own patients.. but coz it's my 1st preg n didn really prepare well.. so i didn really care much or can say cnt be bothered whr to go n which gynae to see.. hehe..

SMOOTH DELIVERY..
hmm.. tat is only for my 1st child la.. he's KAN CHEONG to see me.. but my gal is so cosy stayin in my tummy.. LOL!! i push until 'siao' n i nearly pass out.. i'm so so so weak until i cnt be bothered my baby is a gal or ant.. as my hubby is there wif me.. he saw the whole procedure... n he is there to help me take care of all those stuff..

thx God too.. coz i hve a quite carin midwife.. she told my hubby nt to disturb me n let me rest.. n she didn really come n disturb me aft i gve birth.. she keep lookin for my hubby to get him to signed all documents... she even let me slp for abt an hour at the labour ward b4 sendin me back to my normal ward...

guess i'm so weak is bcoz durin the whold nite.. i didn ate anytin.. both my kids was born in the mornin.. n i admitted in the middle of the nite.. n coz of tat.. there's nth i can eat.. haha.. i keep complainin to my hubby that i'm hungry.. i even ask the midwife can i eat anytin.. LOL!! though the labour pain is gettin stronger n stronger but i still feel hungry... hehe.... tat's y my hubby love to call me names.. 'PIG'!!

ALL MOMMIES!!

i believe that sum mother here BF their precious one. so do u all hve dis prob whn the moment u start BF ur baby n the polyclinic doc keep complainin that the baby is to yellow n advise u to STOP BF?

My PD never asks me to stop BF. Just ask me to rent the bilibed for baby to receive home treatment of phototherapy. Just feed baby more fluid (BM or Glucose water).

Rebecca,
I bf my bb for 1 yr 1 wk. there isn't problem (never heard hubby telling me that polyclinic ask me to stop bf. I did confine at hm within the CL period)but I still continue when my gar got the jaurnice for 3 weeks.

sarahteddy,
u so early came in post the msg?

Afcai; sarahteddy,
well.. the polyclinic doc told me to STOP BF my 2nd child!! at that veri moment i was confused n fed up.. coz i hve been bring my gal back to the polyclinic for 1week or more. they keep complainin that my gal's jaurnice blood test keep increasin!! as i 1st time BF my child n i dunno wat to do n oso i'm afraid that my gal's health might hve prob if keep increasin.. so i take the doc advise though i'm super nt happy wif it!!

was tink is time round if the same tin happen i'm goin to qns back the polyclinic are they professional ant!! "Doctors encourage mothers to BF their precious ones but u ppl here askin ppl to STOP BF!!" urge!!! up till nw i'm still nt happy wif hte doc though dis matter happen quite sum time ago.. hehe....

Rebecca,
dun see = nt scare
got the feeling... don't think so much... hahaha

HDB flats may handover earlier/later sometimes,
all depends on luck,
you may want to try Punggol & using schoolbus for that 1 year?
Changing school for a Pri 1 kids is a BIG BIG PROJECT!!!

Cool... learning from others experience is better than trying out on your own,
cause you'll not have time to experience everything.

Benson used to be like SM too,
always playing games & watching his animae when free,
guess what, I play even longer hours & hogged his PC till he surrender.
happy.gif

afcai,
Be careful of posture when bending forward to carry BB.
happy.gif

My girl seems to know the difference in taste,
my boy's ok with the taste.
happy.gif

For epidural, they'll reduce it when we're near to labour.
happy.gif

afcai,

I did sign up for the antenatal package. But TMC, before leaving the hospital to go home, must settle the bill first. If not, they won't 'release' your baby to you! Keep in nursery! eheh!

Aafreen took all her jabs at polyclinic. She doesn't take the optional jabs like chicken pox or rotavirus.

Aafreen started teething ard 5 mths.

<font color="#800080"> Leng Leng,
well, i tried usin ur method. but doesn help much..
coz i'm nt a really gamer like SM.
he can play for hours!! sumtimes even more den 12hours a day!!! *gosh*!!</font>

Rebecca,

I think the doc maybe wants the Jaundice to go away soon that's why asks you to stop BF. It is true that BF babies take a longer time to get rid of Jaundice, but most of the PD know the benefits BF brings about in long term. My PD is more concern if my baby is gaining weight. As long as the test result is not too bad (reading houver around 10 to 11), mild jaundice is still acceptable.

<font color="#800080"> all mommies!!

juz wanna ask. anyone of u here ever hve dis giddy feelin?
i mean it's so diff frm those normal kind.
hands will tend to tremble, sweat, dizzy,
thirsty and sumtimes veri blur vision?
but will get better aft intake sweet food.

ask dis coz i always hve that prob..
the feelin is like i'm goin to faint but didn
of coz didn is better la.. hehe..
izzit ok to hve such prob? forgotten to ask my gynae..</font>

<font color="#800080"> Sarah,
guess u'r right.. but my gal is ok aft all..
gainin weigh n all dis.. though she weighs @ 2.2kg at birth..
she gain weight quite fast..</font>

Rebecca,
I'm better than it than you &amp; SM,
I play day &amp; night, besides eating &amp; sleeping, I was gaming...

Ask that Doctor to "go &amp; sleep",
no one should stop BFing due to BB's Jaundice,
just cut down on our Ginger intake till BB's Jaundice is lower.
Can cook food with Ginger, just don't eat them.

Giddy feeling -
May be due to lack of sleep, food or sugar.
Low in sugar, try taking warm milk, Milo or Horlick.
happy.gif

Rebecca,

think you better check with your gynae. Maybe I have been eating and resting well so didn't experience giddyness. For TBF mothers, must rest and eat well.

Just to add on, whenever I wake up to express milk, I will make myself a cup of warm milo or milk. Think it helps in the letting down of the BM and increase the milk supply. : )

<font color="#800080"> Leng Leng; sarah,
hmm.. nvr noe that takin warm milk,
Milo or Horlick got so much help..

should join in dis forum long ago..
that's y i said i love makin frens wif ppl
who ppl who are clever n hve experience..

nvm.. #3 comin.. so take her as a guinea pig.. LOL!! (bad mummy)</font>

Afcai!

Me woke up that early due to engorgement breasts, so had to wake up to pump out milk. But went back to slumber land after pumping. So now wake up once to pump. Before sleep will pump again.

Now I am pumping.....Then later sleep. Most likely will need to wake up again around 4 to 5 plus. Then will prepare a cup of hot beverage, turn on Laptop, and surf web while expressing milk. : )

<font color="#D16587"> Hi all mommies!!
i intend to BF my #3
but worried might nt hve enuf milk.
how u all manager to produce more milk?

i noe there's sum recipe to produce more milk.
but hw much or hw many times a week should i drink?

is there any other recipe to produce more milk?
other den boiled fish bone wif papaya?
and oso, the papaya skin colour muz be in wat colour?</font>

Hi Rebecca!

Sarahteddy again. Just want to share my "secret Formula".

1 Drink lots of water.

2 Rest as much as you can.

3 Let your baby latch on shortly after you deliver (Me C-section, so used "Football hold" method to hold my baby about 3 hrs after the operation)

4 Loan the breast pump machine from Hospital when baby is asleep. Don't care got milk or not. Just pump to stimulate the breast to start the milk supply.

5 Take fenugreek tablets which can be bought from Pharmacy.

6 Express milk out every 2.5 to 3 hrs.

To be on TBF needs lots of time, effort and patience. Think most mothers here are willing to go an extra mile to provide the best food for their babies.

Jia You!

<font color="#D16587"> Hi Sarah!!

my hubby bought me Fenugreek frm Leng Leng.
but it stated that we muz consult doc if
preg, nursin or takin medicine.

coz of that, my MIL stop me frm takin it.
so i stop coz i intend to stop BF.
i stop coz of my MIL and oso
coz of wat the POLYCLINIC DOCTOR's WORDS!!</font>

Think you need your husband's support BF matter.

Don't care what MIL or Doc say. My MIL also always asked "Milk enough" or not for my elder gal, as if like I would starve her grandchild. But now 2nd boy, she came over yesterday and was aware that I on TBF, she did not say anything as she knows that I am doing what I have done 2 years ago. Plus my CL is there to confirm that I got enough milk, so this time round she shuts up.

As for that doc, as what Leng Leng said, "go &amp; sleep". My PD is happy that my boy is gaining weight as I am bringing my boy for review checkup almost every week since we got discharged. He even asked how's my milk supply, diet and baby's feeding schedule. Think that stupid poly doc wants to solve problem fast, and did not think twice before he said that. Ignore him lah!

Jia You!

<font color="#D16587"> Hi Sarah!!

guess u'r right!! dun listen to ppl who dun hve experience!!

need my hubby support? as in?</font>

Mental support! Encourage you to go ahead with TBF. Believe in you that you can BF your baby.

Verbal support! Refute your MIL's verdict of "Milk not enough". My hubby did that when I wanted to BF my gal whenever I bf at her place. So after that, she keeps quiet. And now she also keeps quiet. : )

<font color="#D16587"> icic... he ar.. aiyo.. he suspect my milk lor.. suspect i dun hve enuf milk lor... urgh!!</font>

My husband also like that initially. But as I am usually the one who read baby magazines and bother to google for more info, I told him that "according to what what, it is normal that .....". More well-read, more info, so he has no choice but to believe me.

Also must prove that I know my stuffs. He actually recently ask me if got enough milk, I ask him to check the fridge. He then shuts up too : )

<font color="#D16587"> Sarah,
LOL!!
BTW keepin milks in the fridge will it be so-called 'nt fresh'?
i noe keepin in fridge is ok..
but my mummy say directly feed them is the best..

coz i 1st timer.. den got a little bit confuse lor..
i read magazines but forgot everytin..</font>

<font color="#D16587"> Leng Leng,
askin him to play wif the elder ones?
i tink nvm.. he cnt play wif them for long time.
if they tend to be noisy abit.. he will fed up..</font>

Rebecca,
tell him, either he plays with the 2 elder ones,
or you pump out milk &amp; he feed the small one... hehehe...
happy.gif

Children are made by 2 person,
I feel, taking care of them must be done by 2 person too.

Don't quote me to SM please,
else he may ask Benson to ban me from this forum liao... hahaha...

<font color="#D16587"> Leng Leng,
LOL!! he dare!! i'll squeeze him!!
askin him to look aft kids..
is like killin him.. haha..

sumtimes he will get fed up
whn my gal make too much noise..
he will kind of "aiya!!"</font>

Rebecca,
give him time to grow up,
give him more responsibility as days goes by,
teach him to be a father,
rope him in to look after the kids.
BUT DON'T STRESS HIM,
men, when stressed, they'll run &amp; hide.
happy.gif

It'll take a long time, be patient.
As a married couple, you'll be spending the rest of your life with him,
unless you are willing to accept the current situation for the rest of your life,
else you need to spend time to communicate with him.
happy.gif

Sarahteddy,
I got bounced by your pacific net email...

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 qq Sorry, no valid recipients (#5.1.3) (state 18).

Back