St. James Church Kindergarten Parents' Club

Ya..me too. My girl keeps saying don't know, until I asked her if they teach about body, then she said "Yes!!! Face, fingers, feet" Arrrggg.

For the list of words on sch, think don't need. I'm sure the teacher will give it to me.

R u a sahm too?

Will you be doing anything for the Family Day Carnival? I 'm thinking of giving 2nd hand stuff, books n toys.

Hi Handydog...

I am not a SAHM. I am a FTWM
happy.gif

On friday, I just asked my son to pass the form back to his teacher. I volunteered to help out in any area for 1 h ;), will donate 2nd hand stuff and prizes for lucky draw. Also wrote a cheque for kindergarten donation and St. Luke's hospital.

Were you at the open house where pastor richard openly ask for dontation.

Are you attending any of the Super Powerkids program?

Hi brownie..Don't think I can volunteer with my baby around. I wasn't at the open house, did he? I understand they spend alot on the renovation.

I don't attend the SPK as we attend our church children sunday school. Will you be attending the SPK Chinese New Year program on Tue? Does that mean the kids will not have any celebration in school?

Oh, I guess they want them to go for the SPK on sunday. Don't think we will go, Sunday sch also has activity. How about u, r u going?

Hi Handydog,

I am not sure whether I will be going to the SPK on Sunday as I have something on that sunday afternoon.

Your gal received the newsletter on the enrichment class? Are you thinking of signing her up for any of the classes?

I am thinking of the English drama and the art classes by NAFA.

Don't know if I want to sign her up this term, she's still not use to the timing, usually very tired when she comes home. Maybe next half year. I'm thinking of Eng & Chinese s&d.

Hi handydog,

I brought my son to school today. Managed to talk to the head of nursery department.

During Matal class, they are learning about themselves and their body. I was told that the teacher will let them feel something or smell something and expose them to different texture and smell.

The handout given out is apparently what is taught in the chinese class and not english class.

I agreed my son is v tired after school. He can sleep till 6 pm. I have problem asking him to zzz at night. My maid told me a lot of kids zzz in the school bus.

Which school bus is your gal taking?

My girl is taking bus 9, takes about 15mins to reach home and I do see kids sleeping in the bus. My girl usually takes 2 hrs nap but sometime just 15mins and she's awake. With naps, she tends to sleep late at night, tossing and turning. I'm trying to adjust her nap just for an hour.

Hi Handydog,

Did u sign up your gal for the kindermuisk class? Hope later my son will want to go to school after so many days of holiday.

Hi brownie..nope. She attended kindermusik when younger, anyway every fri they have music & movement so I don't see the need to. My gal is so happy to go school, I'm sure he misses his friends.

hi brownie...This week F, the teacher will have show and tell on what the children bring to school. My gal told me, flower frog five four finger face fan fox..some other can't remember. I will ask her what starts with F, then she will tell me. I will also share with her other words that starts with F everyday.

This is the chinese song my gal sing about body. I think is during the Matal class.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_pdf.gif

chinese body song.pdf (13.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

hi handydog.....thanks for all the information. I will try to ask my son.

I am still trying to get the lyrics for the color song. I wrote a note to his teacher asking for the lyrics, she is yet to response.

No problem
happy.gif
Btw do u mind if you can scan the list of words for my school and friends. Strangely the teacher still haven't give me the list yet. Thanks!!!

hi handydog...okie i will do it when i get home. my son received another list yesterday..the list is about colors...i have that with me today...if u wan i can scan that pc for u now...

Hi brownie..I have the list for colors, think is the same. Thanks

I signed up my gal for the kindermusik, I din know is during lessons, though is after school. How about u?

I signed him up too...cos i prefer him to go for music rather than free play. Now waiting to see whether he is in the class as there is limited places.

hi handydog...did the chinese teacher return you the worksheet that your gal do in class?

At the back of the worsheet, it attached the list of chinese words that is being taught for the theme "My school and friend". I have that list with me in office..i can scan for you later.

Hi handydog,

You've got mail. I just sent you the worksheet. My son received his first set of worksheet on Friday. It is on letter A M and S.

Hi Mummies,

I was just wondering how many of you send your kids to St James on the school bus? Can share your thoughts and experience? Eg. if the bus minder is able to handle the kids well, etc
Especially in the light of the recent school bus incident.

My girl will be attending PNPG next year, and I was wondering if she's too young to ride in the little St James school van which comes around my place daily. Or I may have to make other arrangements for her transport instead? Thanks

Hi Vanny,

I sent my DS who's attending PNPG this yr on the sch bus too. So far cos he's the type who cried easily and the only one so the bus minder takes special care of him. Hug him on the 1st few weeks till he no longer cries when he goes up the bus. As for safety, for my DS's bus, they have safety belts for them and the bus minder would put on for them as long as they are seated in the front rows. Older kids they would place them at the back of the school bus where they sit face to face each other. Not sure they've seat belts for ur girl's tpt. U can ask the bus driver.

Of course if you can other arrangements for her tpt e.g fetch her to sch and from sch if u've a car of your own, that's the best.

Hi Vanny,
Do you mind sharing which session is your ger attending for PNPG next year? IS she on confirmed placement or waiting list?

Hi mummies who have placed your toddlers on waiting list for PNPG 2009,

Have you received letter from SJCK recently on confirmation of placement for PNPG next year?

Hi Piyo

Have just received the confirmation letter yesterday. What about you? Are you planning to send yr DD there?

Hi Joyce,
I am planning to email you tomorrow when I go back office. Is yours the enrollment letter? Which session is your DD given? Can you email/pm me?

Now I dilemma, dunno to stay on in the current cc or move her to SJ cos initially tot slim chance of getting in

Hi Annie,

thanks for your reassurance.
Guess I'll have to check with the bus driver abt the belts then. I drive, but happen to also be a FTWM. So, at the very least, I'll still need her to travel to school on the bus and likely, I'll be able to fetch her home after school.

HI Piyo,

My girl was on waitlist for PNPG in 2009, but is now confirmed as we received the letter last week. It's Session 2 tho, cos by the time I signed her up, the waitlist for Session 1 was too long already and I was advised to sign up waitlist for Session 2, as the chances of a place were higher.
In any case, after much thought, I figured the PM session may be a better arrangement for my girl afterall (due to my own work and childcare arrangements).

Why are you in a dilemma? Which session are you down for?

Hi vanny,
Same same1 If i cfm her, then your ger and mine will be schoolmates/classmates? Mine is also session2.. I just started my ger this march in another preschool and I quite like the school and curriculum so that's y i am in a dilemma whether to pull her out for next year or the year after for Nursery..

hi mummies with kids in PNPG,
Do you mind sharing what goes on in a typical daily class? how's the programme like for PNPG?

many Thanks!

dear mummies,
Its so interesting to hear of your experiences with SJCK... me just put my son on waiting list for PNPG 2010 (2nd session)...didn't realise its so popular! Anyway I didn't really think we will have a chance of a space for Zach but can still give it a go
happy.gif

Hi Piyo,

Have you decided to let Megan to enter in 2010 Nursey at SJCK? My case is very similar to Vanny. The school told me no chance for Session 1 so can only waitlist for session 2.

Btw do you know the timing of each activity for PGPN? What exactly did the actual circulum starts?

Hey Vanny
Yours and my DD are classmates. Wonder if they are in the same class. After I made the payment, then the school allow me to put my girl on wait list for session 1. They immediately told me there is a transfer fee of $30+. Quite money consious leh. For me,the reason of wanting session 1 cuz my girl naps at 11am. I need to change her bio clock liao.

Lynette,
Dont give up the chances. You never know.

Hi Joyce,
I have decided to forgo next yr enrollment. Plan to let her have her 2yrs of montessori based programme b4 moving on to SJCK in 2010. Wld most prob look at enrolling her in nursery in 2010 as she has a confirmed placement for morning session too, then dun haf to switch her schedule from session2 to session1 next time - too many switches not very good for young kids..

I understand from my friend whose ger is in PNPG this year that it's really flexi programme and timing for PNPG. Kids can come in at 11.45, dun haf to be on time at 11.30am. They start off with devotion (songs etc 15mins), followed by lunch of 20mins, remaining time would be water play, sand play, art n craft, songs etc depending on daily schedule and they go by themes. But they end earlier than the 3 hrs.. in fact, the prog will end at 2.5hrs. From 2.5hrs onwards, you can bring your kids back and by the 3hr ending, most if not all kids of PNPG are out of the school...Chapel is on every Frday. It is basically play but from nursery onwards, the programme will be quite different, more academic based..

Joyce:
So, you've put your girl on waitlist for AM now huh? Agree that my encounters so far have been quite money consciuos too! haha! I guess with their long waitlists, they can afford to do so and they do it in order to deter kiasu parents from putting their kids names down on multiple lists, I suppose.
happy.gif

Piyo:
Guess if your girl is already adjusting well to the current Monte system, its really better for her to stick with it until she's slightly older.

Hmmm, the PNPG programme you described sounds like very free n easy. Guess it's not called a plyagroup for nothing. Literally an organised play group.
happy.gif
Thanks for the insight.

Hi All,
I've got a comfirmed placement for my girl in 2011 nursery morning session. on wait list for PNPG. hopefuuly will be able to get in.

Hi vanny,
Ya, we haf decided to stick on to whr she is right now. Will decide again when the enrollment for 2010 Nursery comes since she has confirmed placement for Nursery 2010
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

SCJK is having a parents orientation 20 Sep 09 Sat for confirmed student in 2009.

Has anyone recieved any letter about it?

Piyo,
Read your blog..you are so lucky.Guess what I found out lately that my DD waiting list for PGPN S1 is no. 70+. I almost fainted...no hope to swop from her S2 to S1..Sigh..

For her Nursery 2010 her wait list no. is 30 for S1. Do you think there is any chance?

Hi all,

My boy in Nursery now, #2 on waiting list for 09 PGPN, think chances quite high cos pirority given to siblings. Recently just registered my #3 for PGPN in 2011. Placed confirmed :D

For mummies who have children currently attending SCJK, do you know if I can call the school to ask about bus routes? I actually stay near the school now but we are moving end of the year to the Thomson area, the traffic down in the morning can be quite horrifying I heard. Any help? Thanks
happy.gif

hihi
am interested in enrolling my son in SCJ too..
are you all staying in holland area? or using the sch bus to ferry ur children?

ive tried calling SCJK line but no one answer..

Hi Joyce,

Didnt receive any letter about the parents orientation on 20 Sep yet. Only know about it from your posting above. You received yours? Anyway, I'm not gonna call the school up until much closer to date if I still dont receive any notice.

Angelsky,

Not sure if its such a good idea for kid to be travelling so far, so early in the morning. Especially if you mentioned traffic is bad at that time. Are there any good alternatives near your new place in Thomson?
But then again, I've not had any experience before, so not in good position to give advice.

Hi Joyce,
Sorry for replying late as I just saw your posting today.

I tot your DD has a cfm slot in PNPG S2 so will automatically haf a place in Nursery in 2010? or you mean waitlist nursery S1? If yes, I think there is a chance cos parents do change their minds even at the last minute. that's what I heard from the registrar.

I did not receive any letter on the orientation except that I did hear from the registrar personally on this when I went to cfm her PNPG S1.

I have also registered my DD#02 for PNPG 2011 S1 too last month.

Angelsky,
If you drive, think still ok. But not advisable for kids too young to be in the school bus for a long time.

SJCK's school bus comes to my place at 7.15am in the morning. Think the kids reach school around 8am.

Hi Piyo,

yes it is confirm place for nursery in 2010 S2..so for s1 nursery is on waitlist..Seriously I hope there are chances cuz I need to work from 3pm onwards for certain days.

Btw Ruth just send out email today..stating Term One school fee is due in the first week of November. If parents like to pay for their child's school fees using Baby Bonus or GIRO, need to submit their attachment forms in the email and submit it to the kindy by 28 Sep as it takes about 4-6 weeks for the bank to process.

Btw the orientation is on 1 November 2008, Sat at 3pm.

Back