SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

Karen,
OOOH I love your layout
happy.gif
Can i ask where did you buy the bird, snail and caterpillar embellishment?

thks ladies...

mamachan
i m not register at TSL, hehehe... too many, cant keep up!!

Amy
i got the embelsishment at laines when they having the recycle bag discount... so sure they still have it...

jts... two 6x6 i did last nite...
1860427.jpg
1860428.jpg

Wow all so nicely done. Looking at the works here, i feel mine is too simple. Hope i can do such nice works and so nice ideas soon.

Karen
Very sweet LO!!! This doesn't look like 6 x 6 eh...more like 8 x 8.

Zolldoll
Don't worry about whether your layouts are simple or complicated. We all had started with simple LOs too =) Just that the more you scrap, and the more you look at others' works and get inspired, your own style will evolve. =) We're here to learn from each other and to share our works.

Do join in and share your works with us too.

Re: Spare October LabelTulip Main kit to let go
Ladies, I have one spare kit that came in and was charged for it. I'm selling it off at $60 (what we subscribers paid for). The October main kit has got 2 acrylic stamps and the papers are warm autumn colors, really nice and usable.

Can look at their main kit here:
http://www.labeltulip.com/kits.shtml

PM me if you are keen k?

zolldoll
simple layouts are nice too... i m sure u can do nice works as u go along the way!!
& dont be shy to share ur work... can improve from there when others give comments...

mamachan
thks again... hahaha... it is 6x6... maybe it the size of the picture made it looks like 8x8!

jts again, lots of mojo tis week or shld i say i m too bored... hahaha!!
1862297.jpg
1862298.jpg

Hi, helping to sell the following stash.. Let me know if you have interest.

1. BN Inkadinkado Clear Stamps - Curly Q ABC $18
1862718.jpg

2. Doodlebug Sugar Coated Adhesive Chipboard alphabets, 86 pieces per box, 2 sets - Blue Jean and Ladybug $9 per box
1862719.jpg
1862720.jpg

3. Queen & Co Felt Ribbon, Brown 3"x1yard $8
1862721.jpg

By postage only. I will check this thread, but just in case i miss it, pls email me at [email protected] Thanks.

hi all,
Karen,wow so many LOs lots of mojo ah..hehee

MamaChan CL,
i just got back from KL will arange with you gals to collect the kits.Mamachan, for town area on weekends is where? CL, any other place to pickup? Thanks!

LabelTulip October Kit
Hey ladies, I've reduced the price from <strike><font color="ff0000">$60</font></strike> to $55. Kindly check out their website at www.labeltulip.com for their Oct main kit to see what is inside. This month has got 2 acrylic stamps. Let me know if you are keen.

Amanda
Welcome back home!! I'm home today with my boy as he got no school. You wanna meet up when the weather is better? Sundays I'll always be at Suntec City. Saturday, have to depend on whether I'm teaching workshops or not.

Thanks Karen. I actually got stuck and did it with my son's help. kekeke... He will tell me, mummy, I want to use this or that which will then give me some idea.
happy.gif

Thanks Mamachan, you all sure I did well? :p Cause I really find the orange and red abit plain. The blue and green like nothing special. The flora one abit too flora? Only the pink one I'm quite happy with it. hahhaha...

I hope to receive more comments so that I can improve.
happy.gif

JChew
I honestly think that it's really think it's nicely done up. If try to add on anymore will be way too overdone le! I think it's covered nicely with good number of cut-out patterns or die-cuts
happy.gif
Really really.
happy.gif

Thank you for your assurance, Mamachan. Maybe I have too high expectation for myself. :p I feel that I'm not confident enough with my LO or project, so I'm kind of paranoid with my output at times. :p

JChew
No need to be so stressed over output bah. Just scrap to according to what your heart and eyes "tells" you. Design and styles are always subjective according to each person. So long you feel happy with what you see and not compare to what others do, I think that's most important =)

Morning ladies,

Just want to ask for some advise hor...
I have just played with my friend's heat gun with embossing powder and it was very fun. But her heat gun is those "fire" heat one... erh.. dun know how to explain... not those with hot air type. So it can overheat and "burn" some parts of the paper or powder. So now I thinking of getting one myself which is similar to the one used by JDA, using hot air one...
Anyone know where else to get besides JDA coz they are kinda ex??

And hor, I am starting on a mini project using Maya Road's mini accordion book (chipboard). Do I need to use mod podge to stick the paper and seal the whole thing ? or just stick using normal glue tape and no need to seal??
Sorry har, I first time doing mini project like this.... bot this too long and now finally got some ideas...

Thanks for the help in advance...

Oh...

btw, I am selling off my brand new QK nesting circles set @ $25. Think retail here is more than double this price.
Let me know if you interested ok??

Hi,

I am a newbie in crafting, may I know how am I able to cut shapes on felt materials? Is there a diecut machine or can I use the shape punchers for paper? If it is a machine, where can I buy and how much is it?

I want to cut flower shapes of diameter approx 5cm on felt.

Please advise...thanks.

Vivian
Use Mod Podge only for the exterior covers! Coz smart alec me used mod podge for all my pages of a chipboard album and they all get stuck together!!! Was so angry with myself. Use mod-podge to stick down the cover page of the album and apply a thin layer over it to make it "water-proof" or rather moisture proof. The rest of the insides use glue tape or glue stick and no need to seal with mod-podge, as this will rip the facing pages' paperwork off each other. Hope you understand what I mean.

As for heat gun, hahaha I was impressed by what it can do and the possibilities but I've decided not to pursue the embossing side of papercrafting!!! Coz will be super expensive and I forsee only using for one or 2 projects and then that's it. So can't help you here! Sorry!

Jer(sumobear)
Generally, it's difficult to use diecut machines to cut felt unless otherwise stated. Those shape punchers for paper definitely cannot cut through felt as it's rfelativly thick. I've tried to use my own Quickutz Squeeze to cut through craft foam - it still can cut after a few squeezes and it's still not entirely perfect compared to paper.

My advise is if you soley what it to cut flowers, why not cut it free-hand or draw the shape you want and then cut out? Add a little blanket stitching on the edges to give it a more authentic look? ;) I mean it in a good way.

Hi MamaChan,

Thanks for the advice. Just spotted a diecut machine called BigShot by Sizzix...but I am not sure how to get it and how much.

Anyway I give it a try with manual cutting.
happy.gif

Jer
No probz, you think about it bah. You can always ask the staff of the LSS (local SB shop) questions on what it can cut through or not. End of the day, be happy with your purchase. =)

Jer
If you're really keen, I just found out that the Sizzix Big Shot Dies' can cut through felt. So if you're looking to invest in a die-cut machine that can cut through anything, you can consider the Sizzix Big Shot.

Hi again...

Thanks a lot for doing the research for me. I will try to look for a local distributor. I am unsure about buying things online, not very savvy with online shopping...

hi,

just to udpate the chipboard alphabets and the felt ribbon has been sold. left only the clear stamp. anyone keen on stamps? i have 3 other stamps to let go..

here they are..
Making Memories Foam Stamp Flowers 26 pieces in total, have used only 4 pieces - $15
1873670.jpg

Inkadinkado Clear Stamp FLoral Florish, have used only 1 - $15
1873671.jpg

BN Autum Leaves Stampology Floral Border - $10
1873672.jpg

Hi ladies, can I know what type of glue do u use to stick on photos and paper? I am using Tombo glue tape but find that the papers and photos come loose sometimes. Maybe I'm using too little (heh..I run the tape 1-2 cm apart). I ahve also tried those stick glue but its very difficlut to handle. Ur expert advise please? Thanks

btw,,I tried mod podge with paper..messy and wet. Think Mod podge not really meant to stick papers together..

sweetpea, i encounter the same problem. however i do find if i stick it down on my first attempt then it works better (ie i don't pull it out to re-stick at another position). and if i keep the los in an album, after a while, they will stick.. well, at least they don't fall off the pages..

SweetPea, I use liquid glue.. i found it works for me pretty well. Haven't had a problem with my tombow glue tape falling out either, maybe the stuff i stick is not very heavy? But i still like liquid glue better cos I find it easier to handle. And its really stick very well. You might wanna try. I use the Scotch one, red and purple bottle, ($7.50) from MWL.

Oh, nice finding Karen. hehehe... I'm happy to say that I just ordered a tube of Yes! paste from the last joann.com spree. Stuff not here yet, but with this finding, I'm sure my project will be fun.

hi, is there any acid-free felt? i understand that for cloth material, as long as they are color fast, it can be used. i thot the same applies to felt..

Make Baby
With regards to felt, I would think they might be acid free? Coz it's used with non-acid dyes to stain the felt?

SweetPea
I use the normal tombow glue tape, works ok for me. Sometimes for certain things I'll use the Scotch Liquid Craft Glue. So photos, if it's glossy type, usually it has a tendency to come off easily as it sticks to the page protector in your albums. So I usually print my photos in matte

Jer
Have you tried scrapbooking yet?

mamachan, thanks for your reply. if u don't mind, i would like to discuss this further..
how come there aren't any acid-free buttons, lace or threads? am very confused over this acid-free idea in scrapbooking. actually how long will it take for the pictures to turn yellow if we don't use acid free elements? and if there is no direct contact on the photo, does it really matter that much?

SB mums: Clearing die cut with view 12x12 retro stack papers. There are 18 papers of different designs. I have 2 stacks.
Will let go each stack of 18 designs at $5, excl postage. (That's less than $0.30 per piece.). Priority will be given to those who've bought another item from me. Let me know if you have interest.

You can see the full 18 designs on this link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DCWV-18-8x8-paper-stack-scrapbooking-RETRO-lot_W0QQitemZ370108302855QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item370108302855&amp;_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&amp;_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Make Baby
Buttons are usable as they are made of acrylic material. Acid-free would refer to items that are not treated with acid in the process i.e. our newspapers are acid-treated and has got lignin content, thus it turns yellow really easily.

So in terms of lace/threads, the I believe the dyes usually used are not acidic but do correct me if I'm wrong. But end of the day, if you like threads, I always go for those DMC (I think that's the brand) used in cross-stitching), laces will buy from either local stores or textile centre.

End of the day, what's with the fuss of using acid-free products...so that we hope that our craftwork would be of archival quality and lasts us for ages to come. Till when we are old and greyed with hair and carrying our grandchildren.

If you notice that our parent's picture albums or those sticky/tacky albums we got easily from Popular bookstore, and how easily those sticky albums turn yellow? That's because the type of glue is not acid-free, this in turn will destroy and affect your photos. That had happened to a few of my albums and I desperately salvaged those photos that doesn't have negatives anymore by taking them out of those albums. And this is within 5 years!!!

So in SB, we try to look out for labels like "acid-free", "lignin-free", "archival quality of archival safe" products. More so for adhesives that is in direct contact with the photos that we use. This slows down the aging process of our keepsakes from yellowing.

So example for felts sold at the LSS, produced by those SB manufacturers, why we buy them coz most of them come in adhesive backing(especially those intricate felt border designs), and we trust that these SB manufacturers uses acid-free adhesive on them.

However, with a bulk of our SB layouts being acid-free, alot of scrapbook artists have moved on to mix media art....using various types of materials into their craft i.e. corrugated board, etc etc.

So end of the day, it's a personal choice whether we want our stuff to be acid-free or not. For me, a bulk of my LOs are using acid-free paper, cardstock, gluetape, archival safe pens....

Hope this helps....and I hope I'm answering your question directly.... hahaha

No I have never try the "modern scrapbooking", but occasionally I do make some simple paper crafts or collages using fancy papers, scissors and cutters. I am very fascinated by the modern scrapbooking because of all the funky materials and tools, wanna give it a try but I am not sure how to get started. Visited the scrapbooking shop at PS last evening, things are beautiful and makes me feel like buying everything but they are so expensive. Modern scrapbooking definately comes with a price, phew!

Anyway I saw a cool demostration on a diecut machine at the shop, Big Shot, but it is so super duper expensive....
sad.gif
the package will cost me $400+. Is there other alternative diecut machine that is more economic which I can cut shapes and letters? Should I start with a scrapbooking kit or assorted materials? Is there a place where I can have an introduction class of Scrapbooking?

Hi Make Baby,

I am interested in the following item:

Making Memories Foam Stamp Flowers 26 pieces in total, have used only 4 pieces - $15

Is it still available? Do you have any other products? Can email me at [email protected]

Jer, you can explore the Quickkut Squeeze or Cuttlebug which are less pricey. Occasionally, there will be scrapbooking spree going on with additional discount from Joann.com or Scrapbooking Warehouse at the Overseas spree section which will save you alot.
happy.gif

Back