Sharing your views on Bad/Good Overseas Spree Organisers

kanec: i think charging any handling fee at all is unreasonable, even for brand new envelope. sorry bulskie but if i can recycle brown paper from iherb & apothica to wrap stuff, i don't understand why spree organisers cannot. my 2 fave organisers never charge for this kind of thing. that is why till now, i can't find other organisers who can match up to them.

Organising sprees is tough work and I personally don't mind being charged handling fees for postage option 'cos the person has to pay for transport to get to the PO/handphone charges arranging for courier services. Objectively speaking, participants should read the terms and conditions + totally agree with them before joining various sprees (especially rates, collection times/meeting location and charges if any).

So far I've met really nice organisers. One (jxmum) even gave me Crocs in a recycling tote bag the first time we met. Today I collected 2 more items (lost my own carrier-left on cab) and the spree organiser quickly managed to find a paper carrier for me. Thanks, nelia (Alien77)!!! After all the to-and-fro coordination/phonecalls etc, I bought her sliced fruits for snacks - I'm happy to be meeting kind mummies like her and plus ever-glad to collect items tht I've bought at cheaper rates than stores.

Olsen lim, i disagree with you. If the organizers are not office base, they will need to purchase envelopes, sticky tapes, etc... These are costs.

How many browns papers can you receive to wrap all the items? Some will still end up in enevlopes.

if spreeists don't wish to pay, they can also send a self paid envelope to the organizers.

Personally I think handling fee is the same as material fee, it depends on how the organizer wants to phrase it.

Yes they do make alot of effort in making sure their sprees run smoothly but from the start, they know that if they want to start one, they would expect tough work, co-ordination as well.

But with the current exchange rate, i still see people charging 1.3 or more for US sites and most NEVER bother to lower to actual CC rates. And buyers NEVER bother to ask for actual rates. With the difference, i do believe it helps to coupe their losses in any way. So why would they still charge material/handling fee??

I give you an example, if the cost of the item you paid to organizer is US$50 x 1.3 = S$65

If ACTUAL cc rate is US$50 x 1.24 (i even used a higher exchange rate) = S$62

The difference is S$3. Isnt this enough to cover?? Maybe i am wrong in the calculation, maybe the organizers here can enlighten me if I am?

My two cents.

If there's a material fee, I think at least the packing materials should be new/decent. I've paid some handling fees for some sprees and gotten ripped up recycled envelopes, which will not require any extra $.

If it's a handling fee, then that's another matter.

And not right to use office supplies for this kinda things too :p

Let's be fair to the organizers who has taken their time to organize a spree, follow up, unpacking and re-packing, posting and meetups. All these are time... would u ve sacrificed ur time and effort to earn few dollars? I would'nt... even if I am gonna earn max $100 per mth. Cos to orgaize one till we rcv the goods... will take at least 1.5mths. Not to mention the effort to follow up and staying up late in case there is prob with the order and also the meet-ups and to send the parcels over to post office.

I ve seen at post office... sellers or spree organizer carrying big bags of goods and weighing one parcel one by one and paying for the correct stamp and pasting on the parcel itself. That sure takes time for me. So if u think u cant't pay $1-$2 for the envelopes or wrapping materials... just take it you are paying for their effort. That is why all the good spree organizers are gone... cos it is too much effort and plp are complaining for this minimal sum.

Some good organisers I have known of, never charge any envelope cost.

I don't mind they charge me envelope up to $0.50.

But anything more than that is a little too high.

If they earn so much profit:

1. envelope
2. handling fee (which I think is not allow in here)
3. credit card charges
4. super high shipping cost
5. exchange rates

I probably think twice joining the spree. Might seems minimal sum. But if join the same organiser 10 X small amount here and there... you can find out how much you spend? Profit too much should go organise in BP to be fair to the BP organisers too.

Great job to the few good organisers.
happy.gif

Please lah. how much does scotch tape cost? & how much do you need to tape postal items? i can buy 3 for $1 from Giant. U can still use it to tape birthday & christmas presents as well. like joyce said, it's not right to use office supplies for this. i for one don't. And I offered to give brown paper, bubble wrap etc so many times. nobody ever contacted me to ask for it.

if organisers have to post so many articles, it means their collection points r too inconvenient for most ppl. i always prefer self collection. so much safer.

like kanec & oppsgal said, charge for this, charge for that, in the end it becomes profit. it makes more sense to order stuff yourself & tumpang your fave spree organiser for consolidation. i've learnt my lesson after the last 2 sprees i joined. sky high shipping cost, handling fee etc. no thanks.

one thing i like about jxmum (anor of the good spree organisers) is she puts so many convenient collection points & timing. there's a lot of logic to this - things don't get lost so often.

Olsen lim, as I said.... Self provide yr own envelope to the organizer. Envelopes need to buy lei. Does Popular book stores provide FREE enevlopes? $0.50 is it too much for you? Don't be so calculative la!

Not all organizer are there to earn a profit. If they really want to earn... They can also charge transportation cost.

May I ask, how many of us stay walking distance to a post office?

How many of us usually have to make a PAID trip to a post office?

Maybe you should be do a survey to find out how many organizers out there are willing to spend there time organisering, sorting out, carry heavy things, meet here and there and still kena complaint.

I agree with Rina, most good organizers are gone.

If these cannot, that cannot, bla bla... Wat the point to organizer? Even material cost Also want free. Then the organizers are all in the losing end! While spreeists are gaining all?

Organizers tat don't charge you 'time spent fees', you should be grateful.

For goodness sake, get my nick right before u post! Once i can accept but twice is downright rude. It may not be my real name but it's a name somebody gave me & i'm very particular about it.

Call me calculative or whatever. If I can wrap even happy baby munchies in brown paper, I don't see why spree organisers cannot. Like I said, I offered to give brown paper & bubble wrap so many times but nobody even emailed me to ask for it. i peg my standards to elicia_mum & marie. so if anybody cannot meet their standards, then i'll try my best not to spree with them.

i remember somebody once said spree organisers have to be prepared to do all this. otherwise don't organise! if u r getting something for yourself, then why do u say u have to spend time doing this & that? u would have to do it anyway for yourself. if i want to buy happy bellies cereal, i take it tt when I order for others together, they are helping me to save shipping costs. they r also doing me a favour so can some spree organisers stop thinking they r doing spreeists a favour by organising sprees. i've done it b4 & it's not such a big deal. sure some ppl r difficult but tt's life. u help them to save some money, they help u to save some money.

Ladies, I feel that as long as the spree organizers state their terms and conditions out, then those who choose to spree with them make their choice, if you are unwilling to pay material cost etc, then don join. But if you are alright and do find it reasonable, then join.

I appreciate spree organizers cos I know it is not easy to collate orders, etc, etc.

Olwen lim, sorry tat I got yr nick name wrongly. Did not realize tat it was self corrected thru my Hp.

I do understand that you do sprees too. Maybe you are lucky to get alot of brown papers n bubbles wraps from yr merchants. But most of the merchants tat are found in overseas sprees does not provide tat much or none for us to utilize.

I have done spreeing many times, but I have yet seen you email / PM or do a posting to offer yr services of yr brown paper? How do we know?

There must be a reason why nobody wants to collect the brown papers n bubbles wrap could be due to the hassle and might be back to Square 1?

In general, some organizers prefer to use envelopes to seal the items. It could be presentation, durability? Etc...

Why do you need to arrow on this matter and make a big fuss over it?

Like most of the members here say, spree organizers does state their terms and conditions well before spreeists join. Don't like send yr brown paper or bubbles wrap to them to wrap yr items. I am sure the spree organizers don't mind to do that for you?

For eg.

You can check my T & C. I do accept self paid enevlopes. Even you want to send me your bubbles wraps and brown papers to wrap yr items, I willing to accept with open arms. I am flexible. It save me from searching, buying and carry so many envelopes home.

Maybe you did not try to email to those organisers out there you wish to have this arrangement?

But I do believe those charge $0.50 for materials cost is No big deal if they use New envelopes unless is used enevlopes

Just my thoughts as a spree orgainser. No hard feeling

Maybe some of u ladies take it another way. For me, if I were to buy from GAP Spore, a toddler tee would cost me min $29.90(during sale) and if I buy from spree with shipping and local postage it would cost me $15-$18... that is saving of $ more than $10 per item. So instead of wasting car petrol, car park charges or public transport (plus the crowd) to get something from GAP (and cannot even promise the design, size, colour u want is available)... I would rather give this minimal sum to spree organizer. See it in another perspective... if a spree organizer help u save tens of dollars per item... why not just spare this minimal sum. It will be a sad scenario if all the good organizers refuse to organize.

Hi Rina,

My sentiments exactly! I only started spreeing in June this year and fully regetting not having discovered the savings I missed.

Example #1:
Chinese books via DangDang spree: Page One bookstore charges S$11-14 each but only S$4 per book through spree. The savings of S$8 PER BOOK is already tremendous. Even if the organiser gets points/rebates or benefits from exchange rates --- that's her right and rewards for organising such a massive spree! Time spent on sprees = time taken away from organiser's family/work.

Example #2:
I'm hardly able to afford buying GAP at full-price at S$89 a piece (also can forget about having items from the 'latest' season here). A cardigan via GAP spree comes up to S$25 inclusive of shipping. How/Where else can anyone find such a good bargain at GAP stores here? Spreeing is almost like a guaranteed happy fruitful shopping trip - click only when we are 100% happy with the colour/size/price/rate. not forgetting goods from stores like iHerb and H&M that aren't here (yet). I'd have to be on a tour overseas to get to the full range at MarksSpencer, Mothercare etc!

I simply see it this way: every saving per item from spree = another EZlink top up/meal/milk/toy/diapers. Travelling via MRT to and fro shopping malls, having to rest for drinks/snacks and then perhaps end up buying irrelevant/overpriced things DEFINITELY costs me more than 50 cents, sometimes S$50 each time I bring my son out. And worse, when the kid's moody, I don't even get to browse the store thoroughly!

I personally feel that no one's 100% right/wrong. Let individuals decide for themselves as to which sprees they are comfortable with, shall we? We ought to be thankful that there are mommies who are willing to share their time/creditcardlimit/effort to co-ordinate sprees. Please keep it up and THANK YOU
happy.gif

Fei, I was also one of the plp that discover spree a little tad too late. I only discover it after I bought all my baby stuffs from Mothercare in 2008.

Imagine, going to Mothercare with their catalogue in hand and asking the sales person if this or that is available. The sales person would check for me with their other branches and there was even once they had to order from UK (with waiting time of 3wks)... the prices are not cheap and if only I had discovered spreeing... I would save abt at least $1K+! No joke... a pair of baby jeans at Mothercare would set u back at least $39.90 but from Old Navy $15 with shipping... that is so much difference. Not to mention items from babymall online for their bibs, towels, rompers, wash clothes and etc.

That is why I ve never forgotten how blessed I was to have discovered spreeing. I do not have to brave the crowd or rush for sales (warehouse sales or closing down sales) which can be pretty crazy with all the plp pushing and with very miserable and little stk left. With few clicks from us but so much effort from the spree organizer, I ve gotten my son's and hubby's matching polo tee from RL... if I were to get from RL Spore... probably could not get the matching colours with the size that I want...

Yes, Rina,

Now that you mentioned RL. Just got my kid his shoes. S$40 in all (in a box + shipping)! Saw a shirt on 50% off at Taka S$80. Online: USD 25. No more shoving with the crowd or needing to check out the expo sales (which isn't much different from the usual). Like you, I spent over 1k on kids' stuff since 2008. All the clothes, baby books etc. One of my son's Mothercare shirt (short-sleeved) has a long-sleeved version which was going at 2.50 pounds. Imagine my horror when I saw it. Now we're trying out various brands. Shirts no longer cost more than S$20, even for licensed characters. Pants too
happy.gif

Also found iHerb 2 weeks back and realise we could have used better shampoos, shower gels, skincare and household items at 20% to 70% off retail prices here. No need to beg stores to 'reserve' stocks or wait for discounts before buying! Used to pay S$20 for a cleansing milk for my fussy skin - at iHerb USD6+S$1 DHL 5-day shipping (joined Leng Leng's spree). I am over the moon 'cos I've been looking for this for 10 years (after shop I used to buy from in Singaproe closed down).

Getting our Thomas and Friends playsets via sprees too. Whats S$50 is USD8-17+S$10-15 via Amazon/Target/Walmart. Helps to train my small kid patience this way and so he's learnt to look+admire at shops and wait 4-6 weeks till items arrive.

I'm suddenly spending less in cash when we go out. Expenditure is focused from now: window-shopping, diapers, milk, groceries and better meals.

I do agree that there're some spree organiser charging high exchange rate and shipping fee also handling fee, so I'll avoid these organisers, as they're going for money only.
But I also agree that organising spree is not easy, a lot of work on coordination, so as long as the rate or fee is reasonable, i won't insist on them showing me the calculation or postage. Before joining the spree, just take a look of the condition closely to see if you can agree. If a good organiser charge $1 handling fee but postage only $0.50, I don't mind too, coz i know she'll need work to wrap, and post the item.
Yes you do find organiser organising spree at no profit at all, but they are rare, and I don't think is not right for the organiser to earn a bit from the work done, after all, there's no free lunch in this world, who'll be so kepoh to do all the works without a little extra income? They must as well spend time with their kids right?
I think most importantly is don't kena those cheating ppl, or irresponsible organiser, spent money already yet cannot get the stuff, so look at the bad/good spree list before purchasing!

I know it takes 2 to clap and agree that its not easy to organize one.

I also agree you save alot compare to get things locally and thus not mind paying a little more. Like Olwen pointed out, a little here and there could add up a substantial and result in profiting which i thought its not allowed. Based on the calculation i have done above, if the organizer "earns" $3 per spreeist and if she has 10 in one batch and does 3 batches, she could have "earned" $90. Not all will end for 1 batch, as I can see.

Thats why I asked given the fact that the organizer "earns" $3 per person, why impose material fees again? Isnt this considered "profiting" already?

Just like people jacking up the prices elsewhere, if there is no buyers, they won't increase.

I hope more buyers can look at this thread and see for themselves.

If you agree to pay, they are happy to collect. And sooner or later, you will be probably need to pay more than 50cents.

Maybe Oppsgal can start a thread to let us know which organizers do not charge material/handling fee so as to benefit spreeists here.

I've been spreeing here for abt 2 yrs already.

I kind of agree with kanec. Of cos i save a lot by joining spree especially branded stuff like RL, carters/oshkosh.
Tat's y i appreciate n salute spree organiser efforts n time in co-ordination.
But for me, buying branded stuffs at a much more lower price against spree organiser charging handling fee n material cost is 2 different things.

I ever join the organiser which charge $0.5 handling fee.
If i remember correctly, i join 2 of her spree, each spree with 1 item, shipping cost nearly $5 each item, paid $1 handling fee n $1 material cost n $1.5 postage.

IMO, we as spreeist r not 'calculative' with organiser, don't mind paying higher exchange rate as a token of appreciation.
(Refer here: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?590029/4946368)
But the organiser r 'calculative' with us as to charge $0.5-$1.0(++) for handling/material/transport cost per spreeist?

Hi, as my name was mentioned, here is my 2 cents:

I charge $0.35 per envelope - Popular sells envelopes 3-for-$1.10 or 3-for-$1.20, so that adds up to an average of $0.35. Anyone knows of cheaper sources of envelopes please enlighten me. As it is, I make a trip specially down to buy - zip by, park car & rush in to buy so as to be within the 10 minute free parkikng period. If there is a queue at the cashier I end up having to pay parking. Supermarkets do not sell large envelopes FYI.

On top of that I tape the envelopes to make sure the items inside do not fall out even if the envelope gets torn. So I charge actual cost of envelope. Sorry I do not have time to look for recycled paper... I used to use mahjong paper, cut & paste but it's only a savings of $0.15 compared to using a brand new envelope.

Kanec, may I ask how you got you calculation of $3 per person?
Say the spree organiser closes the spree at US$250. If exchange rate is $0.04 higher than actual - say charges at $1.28 instead of $1.24, exchange difference PER BATCH is SG$10. And for each batch there may be 10 spreeists.

So yes, I am not denying that there are pros to organising sprees, which is why I am doing so. And yes, there are pros to joining sprees too.

So it is a win-win situation. If it comes down to calculating cents, I suggest it's best to buy on your own.

Hi all,

Just my inputs:

I personally will not spree with: Kitty(3ladies) again, with reasons as follows:

1. Informed me via email that my order will be sent out via Registered Mail on 10 Aug (Wed), but, I have not received updates from her till now, despite me sending her emails & posting in the Spree Thread.

2. I can see that the Spree Organiser is updating her Thread with payment received, but yet, my email & posting in her thread remains unreplied.

3. My refund of $15+ is still not received as Spree Organiser claims that I have given her an invalid/ wrong account number. However, I have no problem receiving refunds or transfers from others with the same account number that I have given her. So, this really puzzles me. *This may also be a 1-off incident, but well, it's getting annoying with the 2 above reasons*

So, this will be my last Spree with her.

Just my frank opinion to share with all.

marie: i am v sorry that you got dragged into this
sad.gif

everybody, if u have an argument with me, please deal with me. Do not drag my friends into the picture.

i have said my piece. i was responding to a point made by kanec & i still stand by what i said. i know also tt both kanec & meiyun agree with me. i've tried organising sprees before & while it may be tedious, it still doesn't warrant spree organisers charging a handling fee. which is disallowed by the moderators anyway. of cos i wish those good organisers like starlight74 & elicia_mum would do big batches of sprees like they used to but they have their own lives. it's not my biz to police the threads & make sure the new organisers keep to the rules but sometimes when there is a discussion like this, i can't help making my point of view known.

Mummies new to the spree section, please DO read oppsgal's spreadsheet before u join any spree. i was lucky to meet a nice spree organiser (kittybride) on my first spree & she is now back. but many r not so nice & i've met my share of them too.

thumbs up to mummy oppsgal for starting this thread. please let the feedback continue.

Olwen,

Actually you are the one who kept saying that your 2 fave organiser dont charge handling fee and it is unreasonable even for brand new envelope.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

i think charging any handling fee at all is <font color="ff0000">unreasonable, even for brand new envelope.</font> sorry bulskie but if i can recycle brown paper from iherb &amp; apothica to wrap stuff, i don't understand why spree organisers cannot. my <font color="ff0000">2 fave organisers never charge for this kind of thing.</font> that is why till now, i can't find other organisers who can match up to them.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?tpc=590029&amp;post=14676201#POST14676201<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Oops... sorry... I apologise if you are not referring to them... so sorry...
sad.gif

<font color="000000">Wow... long time never been to this thread and they are plenty of feedbacks with regard to exchange rates and handling fees. I am just sharing my opinions and in the midst of sharing should I offend any mummies, please accept my apology.

<font color="0000ff">1. Exchange Rate: I think the credit charges for US$ is in the range of S$1.20 to S$1.25 so if we are taking per batch in a spree capped at US$200, it's in the range of S$240 to S$250 and taking the highest exchange rate of S$1.30, the amount will be S$260. We are looking at a difference of S$260 - S$240 = S$20 in terms of exchange rate and that difference is distributed to various mummies in a single batch.

2. Handling fee: We are talking abt S$0.50 to S$1 per spreeist in terms of handling fee should spreeist opt for non-self collection mode. If I am paying for handling fee, minimum expectation would be to have brand new envelope. I used to pack my items in envelope until I found out that certain Popular store do offer a plain white A4 size plastic envelope that is pretty verstaile i.e. somewhat like mailing envelope, only that it's softer so you can pack it to the shape of your items. A packet of it cost around S$2.20 before any member discount and each packet contains 20 such envelope so maybe some mummies may wish to consider using that. However, if your items is fragile and you are not using bubble wrapping, I discourage using that kinda of envelope. </font>

By joining any spree, to me it's already a saving as compared from buying in the local boutique if similar items are available locally. We human beings needs to be incentified, whether in the form of monetary or to gain a form of satisfication that your services are duly appreciated. For me, I am looking at the reasonableness.

If a particular spree organiser organise spree out of <font color="0000ff">PASSION</font>, then the affected spreeists will be very happy. If a particular spree organiser organise spree out of <font color="aa00aa">PA$$ION</font>, so long as her PA$$ION is reasonable, I don't mind her replacing the "S" with "$"
happy.gif
</font>

Just to share :

My Schedule of fees for Normal/REG post/Courier
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>Stamps</TD><TD>Material/transport</TD><TD>REG charge</TD><TD>Normal Post</TD><TD>Reg Post</TD><TD>Courier </TD></TR><TR><TD>< 100g</TD><TD> $0.80 </TD><TD> $0.50 </TD><TD> $2.25 </TD><TD> $1.30 </TD><TD> $3.55 </TD><TD>from $6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>< 250g</TD><TD> $1.00 </TD><TD> $0.50 </TD><TD> $2.25 </TD><TD> $1.50 </TD><TD> $3.75 </TD><TD>from $6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>< 500g</TD><TD> $1.50 </TD><TD> $0.50 </TD><TD> $2.25 </TD><TD> $2.00 </TD><TD> $4.25 </TD><TD>from $6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>< 1 kg</TD><TD> $2.55 </TD><TD> $0.75 </TD><TD> $2.25 </TD><TD> $3.30 </TD><TD> $5.55 </TD><TD>from $6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>< 2 kg</TD><TD> $3.35 </TD><TD> $0.75 </TD><TD> $2.25 </TD><TD> $4.10 </TD><TD> $6.35 </TD><TD>from $6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>< 3 kg</TD><TD>na</TD><TD>na</TD><TD>na</TD><TD>na</TD><TD>na</TD><TD>from $6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>< 4kg</TD><TD>na</TD><TD>na</TD><TD>na</TD><TD>na</TD><TD>na</TD><TD>from $6 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Transport is fixed at $0.50 per parcel since I need to activate my parent to go to post office to post the parcels as I do not stay walking distance from post office. I will have to accumulate at least 4 parcels before a trip can be made.

Rason why I insist to post parcel at Post Offie :
1. to min lost mail
2. To weigh the parcel to ensure postage not overcharge. In the event that postage is overcharged, I will email spreeist for account to refund
3. Video taken on each parcel being dropped into the metal post box. - incase of lost mail, at least there's no dispute that I didn't post item out in the first place.

I do stressed that going by post is least preferred since I need to spend time wrapping items up, and my parent spend time making trip to post office and taking video of the posting.

Likewise, I activate my father to help me meetup in town. And spreeist needs to understand that SMRT charges $2 for overstaying commuters. So if spreeist is late, I have no choice but to collect $2 from spreeist when my dad is being fined by SMRT due to spreeist being late.

Other than going by post and meetup at DG/RP mrt, I do not have any other hidden charges.

omg serious? SMRT charges $2 for overstaying commuters? yikes i didn't know that.

got few times i waited at CH and RP mrt for >30mins coz organiser was late. hengz smrt staff didn't 'catch' me.

mulberry : yes. You can refer to the following link http://www.transitlink.com.sg/, go to Products &amp; Services --> Fares and Transfer Information --> Using MRT/LRT. Look under Time Limit on MRT Travel. The charge is automatic, and not like the staff will catch you. It is based on your entry and exit time. So it's very important to be punctual....

jxmum,
thanks for the link. i learnt something new today. That means i kenna charge liao..just that i didn't notice when i tap my card. haiz.

but if organiser is late, i can't do anything. just have to wait and kenna 'fine' lor.

Err, from experience, if u overstay, at the station which u r exiting, u won't b able to exit until u get the attention of the mrt staff n pay the fine. So if u didn't encounter this, u r not fined. As for punctuality, it should be mutual.

Oops my apologies, so indeed my calculation is wrong. I notice that 1.3 has been the rate used in the sprees for quite some time since July and only lately, we see organizers using between 1.27 to 1.29.

My only concern is, with the exchange rate difference each organizer "earns" each spree, do you still need to charge material fee?

jxmum,
wow.. thanks for sharing.
I dun know either that we will kena fine if we overstay in mrt. hehehehe..
never notice.. cos only tap tap..

thanks jxmum.
happy.gif

Cant post in the forum... As spreeists, it will be good if organiser charge me without envelope cost and actual exchange rate.
happy.gif

Deleted from spreadsheet. Thanks for sharing...

I had read a thread many months back that some people actually mind the use of recycled envelopes.

Many organisers charge for envelopes because it is not exactly cheap. Each piece of envelope cost almost 20cents, if one do not purchase in bulk.

Further, many a time, unless the organiser spree for the same kind of items with regular shapes, it is not possible to buy one type of envelope in bulk for that purpose.

Anyway, I want to seek advise from experienced organisers here..

I recently spree-ed for Polo Ralph and one of the batches had EXTREMELY high shipping. vPost advised that it may be because merchant shipped the items in a larger than normal box and I was advised to wait until I receive the item before I raise any dispute with them.

Can anyone advise?

TIA!

Hi Lovebear,

i suggest u ask vpost to remeasure the size.. As i was overcharge by them recently... I thought they have packed in a huge box for my third batch... But when they delivered them to my place.. All three pakage has the same size.. Vol weight abt 6kg but was charge whopping 12.8kg for the third pakage..
sad.gif
No choice i have to charge my spreeist shipping same as the other pakage first.. And claim with vpost later.. But till now still no refund, keep on saying under investigation..

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the reply.

In fact, I wanted to ask the customer service officer to go ahead and re-measure and investigate this. This is because for that particular batch, there are only 8 items and they charged me a whopping 11.9kg!

But the customer service officer advised that it would be best to wait till they deliver.

Any suggestions if I should wait or insist they re-measure?
happy.gif

I have two questions and would very much appreciate it if you could share your views with me.

Qn 1 - I recently ordered two packages of apparel from JC Penny for myself. After consolidation and repacking,the total cost is USD 96.88 for shipping. Total weight is 10kg. Shipping is via CGW. Is this excessive?

Qn 2 - From various posts, I noted that we should not exceed USD 240 for each spree in case it attracts GST. However, I see some spree organisers taking in more than USD 240 for each batch, eg, branded bags from Kate Spade and Coach. Can share on how the spree organisers avoid GST?

I do not intend to organise spree but to sometimes buy for my children and myself from US merchants.

Hope to get some replies on my questions and thanking all in advance.

lovebear - recently RL ship items in big boxes with the hangers etc. if there are bags involve then they will reali give u big box
sad.gif
infact i did email them that i do not require the hangers etc and to pack e items as compact as possible but they reply say that they are unable to control this packaging issue...

It is really not easy to organize sprees. I think those that are inexperience or little experience should enquire with the other spree organizers who are well verse in the shipping charges.

Lesson learnt once... same item from ON (velour jacket)... experience spree organizer shipping was $5... no experience spree organizer charged me $15. That is why no matter how good the sale is... I would rather wait for those experience spree organizers. Although no choice and u ve tried ur best but still spree organizing need some skills. I believe most plp who has organize spree would ve gone thru like u did... overcharged shipping, no repacking done, vol calculation and so on...

Helping to Bump up this thread for Awareness Purpose:

Archive Part 1 - 2010:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdFp5MzE0MWNzZkJPNVg4dmNYVkVlY0E&amp;output=html

Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:
1. ask moderator to set up a system too, see if moderator can help:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
3. Create your own spreadsheet and have your own rules
4. DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet
5. Do not view or post if think spreadsheet is unfair

This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please do not post in spreadsheet if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.

Things not to ask:
1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
Do beware of: Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

To view:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

To post:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.
Please be considerate when entering comments.

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

Lynn &amp; Lovebear, from my relatively extensive dealings with vpost, this is my advise on what you can do:
1. request that they remeasure the box upon the box's arrival in Singapore. ie BEFORE they deliver to you.

2. If they have delivered the box to you, DO NOT open the box. Once you do, they will drop the case.
Call vpost - they will probably ask you to to ring the box to any post office and have them measure the box. Then, get the post office to fax the dimensions to vpost (and do get a copy of the fax and the person who did this for you).

Make sure you get the name of the person whom you spoke with at vpost. I find service varies depending on who you get, and if you can give a name they follow up on the case more efficiently.

Good luck
happy.gif

I hv been ordering from Tommy Hilfiger and has no problem until the last order on 23-Aug when I ordered using the new vpost address. My order was cancelled by TH.. their email as follow:

"UNFORTUNATELY, WE ARE UNABLE TO SHIP YOUR ORDER xxxx. DUE TO A HIGH AMOUNT OF FRADULANT ORDERS, TOMMY IS NOT CURRENTLY SHIPPING TO INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDER ADDRESSES. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE"

Is there any other way to order from TH (other than shipping direct from TH)? Any advice is appreciated.

Hi pumpkin,

Thanks for the advise.

If I am expected to receive a few parcels, do I bring ONLY the ones in question to the post office or do I need to bring the whole lot?

TIA!
happy.gif

Lovebear, only need to bring the one in question, together with the shipping slip that comes with the box to compare measurements
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Archive Part 1 - 2010:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdFp5MzE0MWNzZkJPNVg4dmNYVkVlY0E&amp;output=html</font>

<font color="ff0000">Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:</font>
1. ask moderator to set up a system too, see if moderator can help:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
3. Create your own spreadsheet and have your own rules
4. <font color="ff0000">DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet</font>
5. Do not view or post if think spreadsheet is unfair

<font color="ff0000">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.</font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1"> Things not to ask:</font></font>
1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
<u>Do beware of:</u> Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To view:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To post:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

<font color="0000ff">Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

Back