September 2016 Mummies!

Hi, I just tested positive on Thursday. My Edd should be early Oct. but based on previous preg baby should be sept baby. Will be going back to my #1 gynea at KKH but still waiting for her clinic to get back to me on my first appt date. So far only got results from test kit.

Is there a fb group where I can be added to?
My email add is [email protected]
done! Check your email inbox

Hi Elm,
Same here. I also dare not cut hair, use scissors on the bed, etc but ah for the 3 months thingy...I can't wait to share the good news. Now the whole family knows and some friends & colleagues. Haha
Hello! I think cutting of hair should be fine? A pregnant colleague of mine went to cut her hair quite a few times during her 2 pregnancy. And i also went to cut my hair yesterday... Haha :)

Hi Sept Mummies!

I just found out that my facial wash contains Propylparaben which is a ingredient not suitable for pregnant ladies.

Anyone has any recommendations for facial wash which is suitable for sensitive skin? (Non foaming/ preferably gel type?)[/QUOTE

you may want to try cetaphil gentle skin cleanser?

Hi,

I'm new. I went polyclinic yday n tested positive, I'm so excited, this is my first pregnancy.. Mine is 5 weeks, estimate will be a Sept baby Based on a pregnancy app. I didn't tell anyone yet, wish to tell them when I'm 3 months..
Got referral from polyclinic to KKH, now waiting for their call for my next appointment. Anybody also going kkh?
My fb : [email protected]
Pls add me :)

Hi, i got my referral letter last week, they schedule me the week after chinese new year.
Meanwhile remember to buy folic acid from pharmacy.

Hi Adel ! Mine was 15 Dec too ! Our due date must be very similar ? Have not seen gynae yet but based on calculation tool my due date should be 20th Sept
Hi grapa, my gynea has not given me Edd yet . Base on the calculator tools , it indicates sept but becos my cycle on average is 31 to 33 days hence . So which gynea will you be seeing ? I am with tmc dr lim

Hi grapa, my gynea has not given me Edd yet . Base on the calculator tools , it indicates sept but becos my cycle on average is 31 to 33 days hence . So which gynea will you be seeing ? I am with tmc dr lim

My cycle is about 32 days :)
I made appointment with Dr Ben Tham from TMC but seeing him only mid Feb, so won't know until then.

Hi Amy,
Haha ya I am also trying so hard to hold back from telling anyone, but will probably tell our families very soon. Actually it's because we scared our mums will tell all those relatives during CNY :rolleyes: You know la all those aunties sit together sure will tell everything...
Oh so you also don't dare to cut hair ah?
i havent tell our parents.. feel shy hahaha. well, i worried they will just tell everyone during the cny also.. but not easy to hide. got ppl asking am i preggy already.. i gained lots weight! >_<

Hello, my EDD is 08 Sep and this is my 3rd. Initially my EDD was 28 Aug, but somehow EDD was being pushed back during the last check. I also thought I am 10 weeks but according to baby size, I am only 8 weeks now.

Can add me to the FB grp? It is a secret grp right?

i havent tell our parents.. feel shy hahaha. well, i worried they will just tell everyone during the cny also.. but not easy to hide. got ppl asking am i preggy already.. i gained lots weight! >_<

Haha, it's good news so can share with our families. But you're right, we also feel shy to tell our parents. Told in-laws already and they were happy. Will tell my side soon...
Ya quite hard to hide the pregnancy, especially if you need to sit down to eat with people right? Cause we have to be careful not to eat this and that.

Haha, it's good news so can share with our families. But you're right, we also feel shy to tell our parents. Told in-laws already and they were happy. Will tell my side soon...
Ya quite hard to hide the pregnancy, especially if you need to sit down to eat with people right? Cause we have to be careful not to eat this and that.

yeah... yee sang with raw salmon.. no alcohol... haha pretend we are on diet ? :p hahaha

Hello,

Shotgun then a bit shy to tell daddy & mummy ya. Otherwise is really ok one. You can even shout loud loud from the window of your house :)

Hello, I'm a new mummy too and EDD is 19 Sept. So, everything is very new! I'm looking for a gynae to go to. Any review of Dr Su Lin Lin from NUH or Dr Goh Shen Li from Mt A? Or any other gynae to recommend?

Quite desperate cos I've been spotting for the past few consecutive days and and my 8 weeks appt is next week. So it's about time to go see a gynae for it.

Appreciate your help!

Understand that there's a FB group? Please add me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Hello, I'm a new mummy too and EDD is 19 Sept. So, everything is very new! I'm looking for a gynae to go to. Any review of Dr Su Lin Lin from NUH or Dr Goh Shen Li from Mt A? Or any other gynae to recommend?

Quite desperate cos I've been spotting for the past few consecutive days and and my 8 weeks appt is next week. So it's about time to go see a gynae for it.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!
Hi Mrs Snowgal, welcome to the club. Usually spotting is normal. Ensure no pain or cramp. However, pls consult gynea asap as they can prescribe you with some an tai medication . Pls min walking and rest as much as possible . Hope all is well .

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Hello, if you have spotting, please do not wait any longer. You need to see a doctor for him/her to review you.

You can take your time to find a perm gynac, in fact you can consider fixing appt to see either Dr Su or Dr Goh for a check on your spotting condition, this way you can to review these doctor 1st hand and at the same time have an expert to study your current condition.

jia you.

I didn't know there is such insurance ?

Hello,

Not many such insurance programme available, but i think Great Eastern & AXA each also have such policy. AXA one is a bit like investment linked where else the Great Eastern is more straightforward. Do pay attention to the premuim price & the payout amount to see whether it satisfy your needs. Just in case you ask, i do not work for a insurance company, none of my family member work for insurance company and i have not both either of these program, but will surely give it a serious thought and make a decision soon.

Hi Ladies,

Tested positive on 20 Jan, saw my gynae on the 26th and able to see gestational sac and yolk sac but not able to see heartbeat yet. Next appointment will be on the 18 Feb, hope all will be good. Btw this is my 2nd one and Edd 28 SEP.

Please add me to the FB group: [email protected]

Thank you.

Is it worthwhile to get such insurance?

Actually i signed up for the Thomson FBI card and it comes with 6 months of complimentary insurance from AXA.. not sure if that alone is sufficient..

Hello,

I am guessing that the complimentary insurance does not cover pregancy complication for the mummy and also birth defect etc. It will be good to have a look at the coverage of the complimentary insurance you got and then do an overall review then decide whether you are happy with the coverage or would prefer a bit more cover. More cover also means more premium to pay ya. ha ha

Jia you

When did the morning sickness start for u girls?
I'm in my 6th day but I'm puking like mad.. was nv like this w my #1! At the same time I'm feeling hungry and have been munching non stop. V weird feeling..
My gynea is Dr Jocelyn Wong. Nice lady!
Hi smiling_ging3r,
May I know more about Dr Jocelyn Wong? How is her charges like? I would like to consider her as well. Thks. :)

Her charges are not cheap >. <
First visit consultation is about $200 for 15 mins subsequent follow up will be about $88
Scan I think $80
And sat they charge extra 20$
So my 1st visit to see her w scan n blood test was about $400
My 2nd n 3rd visit was also about $200 each
So jus 3 visits I spend almost $1k

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Hi Snowgal,

I'm seeing Goh SL. I feel comfortable with her and she doesn't rush the consult. She will patiently answer most of our Q. I'm coming to week 9. Haven't sign package yet. Her package starts at week 14. You can consider her. :)

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!
Hi Snowgal, better get checked as soon as possible as spotting is not good unless it's implantation spotting, but based on your edd it should not be. Dr. Su Lin Lin i heard is highly recommended in NUH and so is Dr Goh Shen Li. I'm going for NUH too but I'm having a check up with Prof. Biswas on the 22nd of Feb

Hello,

Shotgun then a bit shy to tell daddy & mummy ya. Otherwise is really ok one. You can even shout loud loud from the window of your house :)

We haven't told anyone as my hub and I agreed that it's for the better, as much as we would like to tell our parents. There's the concern on the first trimester. Secondly, we are being sensitive about hub's brother so we will let CNY pass first before sharing the news. His brother has been trying for a year and even went for a second honeymoon and here I am, the moment we try for the second one, I'm pregnant right away. The pressure on them will be high especially for bil's wife and we don't want that...but I'm dying to tell them. But it seems his mom can "smell" it. She say i will have a monkey boy and even bet with my hubby.

We haven't told anyone as my hub and I agreed that it's for the better, as much as we would like to tell our parents. There's the concern on the first trimester. Secondly, we are being sensitive about hub's brother so we will let CNY pass first before sharing the news. His brother has been trying for a year and even went for a second honeymoon and here I am, the moment we try for the second one, I'm pregnant right away. The pressure on them will be high especially for bil's wife and we don't want that...but I'm dying to tell them. But it seems his mom can "smell" it. She say i will have a monkey boy and even bet with my hubby.

Hello,

Understand le. I must give you a thumb up for being so sensitive to others feeling :)

He will soon have a ah boy or ah girl to play with your bb de.

Jia you.

Hello,

Understand le. I must give you a thumb up for being so sensitive to others feeling :)

He will soon have a ah boy or ah girl to play with your bb de.

Jia you.

Ya.. I also been trying hard for nearing 2 years before hitting it.. Sometimes the more u wan it the harder u will get.. I really experience myself til on the verge of giving up n wanted to try ivf.. So really this thing cannot Stress too much...

Is it worthwhile to get such insurance?

Actually i signed up for the Thomson FBI card and it comes with 6 months of complimentary insurance from AXA.. not sure if that alone is sufficient..
I'm not sure if it will be worthwhile or not, but I may just get it because I worry my delivery bills will snowball due to complications *touch wood*
Initially was considering to get the pre-pregnancy maternity insurance where all the bills from day 1 to delivery are covered but it's almost $8k per yr premium and there's a waiting period of 10-12mths, meaning for 1st yr cannot get pregnant if not can't claim

I'm not sure if it will be worthwhile or not, but I may just get it because I worry my delivery bills will snowball due to complications *touch wood*
Initially was considering to get the pre-pregnancy maternity insurance where all the bills from day 1 to delivery are covered but it's almost $8k per yr premium and there's a waiting period of 10-12mths, meaning for 1st yr cannot get pregnant if not can't claim

i see.. what other insurances do you have in mind? anything to recommend?
I think i will probably get one too (just to be on the safe side.. haha)

Back