September 2016 Mummies!

bbhun usually 5-6weeks is tummy scan already no more viginal unless cant see anything.
Hi sepbb,
Today, I went to KKH for my first scan. We were so excited! However, we can't see our beanie with abdominal ultrasound scan. :( but we saw a yolk sac through vaginal ultrasound scan! :) We will go back in 2 weeks time again to check on our beanie! Heehee...

Hi sepbb,
Today, I went to KKH for my first scan. We were so excited! However, we can't see our beanie with abdominal ultrasound scan. :( but we saw a yolk sac through vaginal ultrasound scan! :) We will go back in 2 weeks time again to check on our beanie! Heehee...

Even with vaginal scan also gotta find right... Haha. Not so fast!!

Hi sepbb,

That's nice! Ya maybe still early LO can't see anything. I actually thinking this Friday go see. But I think can't see much so next Friday at 5th week hopefully can see haha

Hey ladies, those tests that u all mentioned. Isn't it arranged by the gynae? I din know we have to make seperate arrangement...

The gynae will advice u. Its an optional test tho for mummies to know whether baby has down syndrome.

I heard the test is inaccurate. Thats y I think I wouldn't choose to do it. Due to my research Dr Ananda is doing a more detailed scan @11, 14 & 21 weeks and heard he can tell whether baby have DS via baby's face features, etc.

So after discuss with hubby decided to opt for Dr Ananda.

Ya u gals got what's app group? Hehe fb later then I join can? Btw how come u gals Wana avoid doing Oscar? I'm curious.. Recently for me I'm having quite breathless n hard to sleep at night. Even if I dose of 1hr at night I wake up can't sleep Liao

Hi, the reasons i can think of for some parent who do not want to do any tests such as oscar, panorama etc are as follows:

1) Cost consideration. Some of these test are really not cheap

AND/OR

2) Already decided that regardless of the baby health condition, they are determine to give birth, therefore why bother to waste $$$ to do test to find out.

Make sense? cheers

The gynae will advice u. Its an optional test tho for mummies to know whether baby has down syndrome.

I heard the test is inaccurate. Thats y I think I wouldn't choose to do it. Due to my research Dr Ananda is doing a more detailed scan @11, 14 & 21 weeks and heard he can tell whether baby have DS via baby's face features, etc.

So after discuss with hubby decided to opt for Dr Ananda.

Hello, i am going to do the 14 week genetic scan with Dr Ananda in mid Feb, can i ask have you already done any of these 3 scan that you mention? If yes, can you please kindly share with me your experience.

If i find the 14 week genetic scan good, then i will most likely let Dr Ananda do the 21 week detail scan too. (That will be another $600. Ouch Ouch). Otherwise i will do the 21 week detail scan with KKH, which i believe should be cheaper, even if i am a private patient.

Cheers

hello all mummies, this is my 4th pregnancy. had a mc on my 3rd pregnancy. have already go for scan at 4week plus saw tiny sac. am gg to see gynae weekly and have the porg jab due to previous mc. hope this time went smoothly. so many worries.

Hello, i am going to do the 14 week genetic scan with Dr Ananda in mid Feb, can i ask have you already done any of these 3 scan that you mention? If yes, can you please kindly share with me your experience.

If i find the 14 week genetic scan good, then i will most likely let Dr Ananda do the 21 week detail scan too. (That will be another $600. Ouch Ouch). Otherwise i will do the 21 week detail scan with KKH, which i believe should be cheaper, even if i am a private patient.

Cheers

Hi aaa111, may i know how much is the genetic testing with Dr Ananda? I just signed for the FTS at KKH (which is the OScar test) unwillingly.
When I point out that there has been feedback of false positive, the nurse keep saying that it is a preliminary test and widely popular so how can it be inaccurate. She furthermore pointed out that only those we got bad results will post their feedback. I still had my doubts as I know they plot the results in accordance to maternal age.
Anyway as I was a subsidize patient and it was $200 plus, I signed up. Now im planning contingency plan just in case the results is bad....haha

Thanks

Sepbb, have you made appointment with the gynae already? I have not booked mine yet but I see you all so fast action, I also gan cheong lol..

Can anyone add me to the FB group? My email is [email protected] thanks!

No wor haven't yet... After I see so many mummies see I also thinking should see anot haha but I think now see also nothing. So will wait for next week. Think that should should be 5 close to 6 weeks. I remember I see my gynea always my heart will beat very fast haha

Sepbb, I called my gynae clinic to make appointment already. Because I have read some comments here about going in earlier due to previous MC, so I also hurriedly called to ask lol (I had MC last year Sept).. They schedule me to go on 28 Jan. I would be 6 wks then. Praying for the best!

Jas_wang, jia you! My 2nd pregnancy also ended with MC.. Praying for the best and a sticky baby this round :)

Sepbb, I called my gynae clinic to make appointment already. Because I have read some comments here about going in earlier due to previous MC, so I also hurriedly called to ask lol (I had MC last year Sept).. They schedule me to go on 28 Jan. I would be 6 wks then. Praying for the best!

Jas_wang, jia you! My 2nd pregnancy also ended with MC.. Praying for the best and a sticky baby this round :)

It will be good! By then u should be able to see HB le! I previously had a early mc too. It was a chemical pregnanc (last year dec) Maybe I should call them later ask next week go see doc. So nervous! Haha

Thanks cherrycheries! jia you together! All mummies jia you! anyone know oscar test must do before how many week? as my previous pregnancy i did not do. intend to do this time.

Cheers

Hello, I doing my scan with Dr Ananda for the 14 week as well.. when is your appt? For my #1 I went to Dr Ananada for the 14weeks scan, results for DS is low and I got to know bb gender! then the 21weeks i do at Thomson cos cheaper lol..

Hello, I doing my scan with Dr Ananda for the 14 week as well.. when is your appt? For my #1 I went to Dr Ananada for the 14weeks scan, results for DS is low and I got to know bb gender! then the 21weeks i do at Thomson cos cheaper lol..
mooo mooo, may I know how much is the genetic scan? :)

Just took duphaston prescribed by gynae and I'm feeling so sick in the tummy.. Anyone on duphaston experiencing the same? thinking of stopping the pills :(

just ren ren abit.. i think this pill is the an tai yao is it? if yes dont think u will be eating thru out pregnancy so just bear with it abit more. cus is to stable baby one i think.

haha book early can change later, no slot got to wait later.. of coz book first right? So u all will skip OSCAR or will do then do this genetic scan again?
does it have to be on week 14 straight or canbe earlier? feb n jan still not yet week 14 right?

Hi sepbb,

I was at 6 weeks when I went for my scan and had to do a vaginal ultrasound too! Managed to hear heartbeat and baby was at 3.9mm. All the best bbun, hope your Lil beanie will make his/her grand appearance for mummy and daddy then!

haha book early can change later, no slot got to wait later.. of coz book first right? So u all will skip OSCAR or will do then do this genetic scan again?

Yup, I will skip OSCAR cos I dun wanna waste money on inaccurate test. So I will book appt with Dr Ananda for genetic scan.
Most likely early March :)

I was at 6 weeks when I went for my scan and had to do a vaginal ultrasound too! Managed to hear heartbeat and baby was at 3.9mm. All the best bbun, hope your Lil beanie will make his/her grand appearance for mummy and daddy then!
Hi Charlene Ann,
I am so happy for you. :)We can only see a yolk sac and the nurse who did the vaginal ultrasound scan mentioned that "can't see baby yet" She also didn't mentioned about baby heartbeat. We were sad and worried but we can just wait. I will try to eat more food and hope baby grow well... :(

Hello, yup, i will be seeing Dr Ananda for the genetic scan in mid Feb. Next week will be going to KKH to do panorama test first. My plan is to have the panorama result with me when i go see Dr Ananda.

If you have time, can you please kindly share more about your genetic scan experience, how long? Is his machine really so high tech, what did you get to see. You mention that after the scan, Dr Anandas will actually tell the patient whether the chance of DS is low or high?

Cheers

Hello, yup, i will be seeing Dr Ananda for the genetic scan in mid Feb. Next week will be going to KKH to do panorama test first. My plan is to have the panorama result with me when i go see Dr Ananda.

If you have time, can you please kindly share more about your genetic scan experience, how long? Is his machine really so high tech, what did you get to see. You mention that after the scan, Dr Anandas will actually tell the patient whether the chance of DS is low or high?

Cheers

Some links I got while reading on Dr Ananda's review :) You can take it as a reference first.

http://jashuat.com/the-last-lap-to-the-finish-line-now/
https://myapplebits.wordpress.com/tag/dr-anandakumar/
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/p...eks-risking-down-syndrome-neck-thicker-72553/

Yup, I will skip OSCAR cos I dun wanna waste money on inaccurate test. So I will book appt with Dr Ananda for genetic scan.
Most likely early March :)

Hello,

I am not sure are you aware of this or not, OSCAR test contain both a blood test + a ultrasound test. Where else the genetic scan does is purely a ultrasound test.

cheers

Hello,

I am not sure are you aware of this or not, OSCAR test contain both a blood test + a ultrasound test. Where else the genetic scan does is purely a ultrasound test.

cheers

Yes I'm aware of that. But there are so many false positive happening. So I would rather not do the OSCAR.
I will see how my genetic scan goes. I will prefer to take HARMONY test if baby is found at risk as it is more accurate than OSCAR :)

Yes I'm aware of that. But there are so many false positive happening. So I would rather not do the OSCAR.
I will see how my genetic scan goes. I will prefer to take HARMONY test if baby is found at risk as it is more accurate than OSCAR :)

That great that you are aware and have decided on a path forward.

In my view, the problem with Oscar is that it take into account the age of the mummy when it compute the risk %. a well maintain 40 year old Singapore mummy health condition may differ very significantly from a 40 year old mummy living in the rural part of Somalia. How nice if some smarty doctor can come out with a improved version of Oscar that do not take into account mummy age. If die die must take into account mummy age, it should only use mummy that live in Singapore only. This might leads to improve accuracy percentage.

Harmony easily cost 2-3 time more then Oscar, so it jolly well be more accurate ya. hee hee.

Jia you.

That great that you are aware and have decided on a path forward.

In my view, the problem with Oscar is that it take into account the age of the mummy when it compute the risk %. a well maintain 40 year old Singapore mummy health condition may differ very significantly from a 40 year old mummy living in the rural part of Somalia. How nice if some smarty doctor can come out with a improved version of Oscar that do not take into account mummy age. If die die must take into account mummy age, it should only use mummy that live in Singapore only. This might leads to improve accuracy percentage.

Harmony easily cost 2-3 time more then Oscar, so it jolly well be more accurate ya. hee hee.

Jia you.

Yup~ Actually it's up to personal. But for me, I prefer to know accurate information about baby. Afterall, we should enjoy our pregnancy.
Every life given is God's precious creation. Stay relax & happy!

Besides, any mummies travelling during CNY?
Any travelling tips? :)

Hi aaa111, may i know how much is the genetic testing with Dr Ananda? I just signed for the FTS at KKH (which is the OScar test) unwillingly.
When I point out that there has been feedback of false positive, the nurse keep saying that it is a preliminary test and widely popular so how can it be inaccurate. She furthermore pointed out that only those we got bad results will post their feedback. I still had my doubts as I know they plot the results in accordance to maternal age.
Anyway as I was a subsidize patient and it was $200 plus, I signed up. Now im planning contingency plan just in case the results is bad....haha

Thanks

Sorry for delay reply, i miss your post.

Honestly, no one can force you to take the FTS if you are unwilling to go for it ya. It accuracy accordingly to KKH is 90%.

The problem with internet & forum is that it is really not a good gauge because ppl who get good result might not post and ppl who get inaccurate result ,ay will post here to vent their frustration.

It is nice to know they charge you $200, honestly if i were you, i will go for it. Not too expensive in my view.

Dr Ananda basically have genetic scan at 14 week cost $600. you can get bring home a report and a cd rom of photo of your baby. His 20 week detail scan also cost $600.

You will do well ya. no worries. Jia you.

Cheers

Hi! If you will be doing the panorama test it will be 99% accurate right then y u still wanna see Dr Ananada?

The scan I took for my #1 is abt 45mins to 1hr? I would say not his machine but his exp that is good. He will show and explain to you which part of baby he is scanning and let u hear the heartbeat, he will take measurements of the nasal, neck and spine of baby as well to rule out the possibility of DS for your age. End of the scan, you will receive a report which will indicate the % of risk for DS + disc of your baby image and heartbeat audio. Plus i get to know the gender at week 14 coz boy more obvious.

I feel assured after the scan to know the possibility is low so I decide to go back to him for my #2. He is also a very jovial doctor will joke with you during the scan to make u at ease =)

does it have to be on week 14 straight or canbe earlier? feb n jan still not yet week 14 right?

I think nurse say only at week 14 onwards then can scan coz by then the organs have all developed. My edd i think is in Aug.

Cheers

Your appt also mid feb? Means your edd also in Aug? =)

Hi mummies, have been reading all the discussion. Is there any mums not doing the tests? I thot these tests will be going according to the 'schedule' of the gynae? I din know the tests are to be assigned separately...

These test are additional test which the gynae will check with you if you wanna do when the time is up.. usually most will do for the ease of mind? So its not complusory, up to individual

Regarding genetic scans or OSCAR ('One-stop Clinic for Assessment of Risk for Fetal Anomalies',

I got this from wikipedia. Essentially OSCAR uses nuchal thickness, PAPP-A and HCG as well as maternal age to predict for Down's.

'Nuchal scanning alone detects 62% of all Down's Syndrome with a false positive rate of 5.0%; the combination with blood testing gives corresponding values of 73% and 4.7%.'

With a false positive rate of 4.7-5%, every 100 mums with a normal baby, 5 will get a positive result. But with further test (amniocentesis or CVS), Down's can be ruled out.

I am opting for the OSCAR because it's cheaper and I am still considered young so I think the risks are low. Anyway routine US to check for abnormalities will still be done at week 21. But if I am financially tight, and am even younger, I may just opt for no testing.

Hi! If you will be doing the panorama test it will be 99% accurate right then y u still wanna see Dr Ananada?

The scan I took for my #1 is abt 45mins to 1hr? I would say not his machine but his exp that is good. He will show and explain to you which part of baby he is scanning and let u hear the heartbeat, he will take measurements of the nasal, neck and spine of baby as well to rule out the possibility of DS for your age. End of the scan, you will receive a report which will indicate the % of risk for DS + disc of your baby image and heartbeat audio. Plus i get to know the gender at week 14 coz boy more obvious.

I feel assured after the scan to know the possibility is low so I decide to go back to him for my #2. He is also a very jovial doctor will joke with you during the scan to make u at ease =)

Hello,

I am still going for Dr Anandas genetic scan because panorama is afterall just a blood test. Yes, i am kiasu parent. ha ha

I am glad to here your good review on his service. Thank you.

Back