Recommendations on milk for 8 year old toddler.

pearlyn79

Hi,
I have a girl who is now 8 years old. She has been drinking Pedisure. The price keeps increasing and i'm thinking of switching it.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Pearlyn

8 years old as in P2? Err.. no longer toddler already... hehe.. :) Pediasure is not really necessary for older children, unless they have dietary issues or some other special conditions and hence need the extra supplementation. If she is having a balanced diet, you can let her drink normal milk, whether it's cow, goat, soy, etc.

Hi,
My son was 9 yrs old and he still drinking mamil Gold step 5 (Above 6 years old child) twice a day. You can consider it.:)

Hi mrsgg,

I tried to let her drink those packet milk like Marigold, she rejected. I tried fresh milk but my mil said that it is cold and bad for her stomach wor....*headache*

Hi Eng rooi

Mamil Gold is from Dumex? I let her try the Dugro honey and she rejected also. Cos based on my understanding, Pedisure is sweet, so i chose the honey flavour from Dumex, she rejected also lei.

Thanks

Fresh milk can always warm up on the stove or take out of the fridge for a while before drinking. But it seems like yr girl is rejecting other alternatives cos she is used to Pediasure (which is really quite sweet). Maybe you can try mixing Pediasure with other alternatives, from 90:10 and then gradually to 10:90 and eventually using the alternative completely. If she has been drinking a product for so many years, it's natural that she will find it hard to drink something else, so it does take time.

Another way is to involve her in the making process. If you are using other brands of milk powder, premix a batch of Pediasure and the other brand and put it in the Pediasure container, and then ask her to help scoop the powder and pour hot water in it. Kids tend to be more open to food/drink when they made it themselves (like how Jamie Oliver got kids to eat salads and they did).

M
thanks for your advice. will try it.

Hi Pearlyn,

Jus wonder is your kids still drink Pedisure as i am selling Pedisure vanilla Flavour 400g - New & unopened

Expire march 2015

Selling 4 tins at $60

selling 6 tins at $88

pls email me at [email protected]
with your name , email n hp no
plus how many tins u want to buy

thanks

Back