Progresterone (eg duphaston) in early preg?(5 wk)

fourleaveclover

Hi all,
My gynae gave me prog pills during early preg to stabilize the preg..however I hv no past history of mc and this is my first preg. Did anyone encounter this too?how long did u take the duphaston n does it really help? I thought a viable preg will be viable reg of what you do in first trimester..if otherwise then also can't be helped..why must we put chemicals into our body! Thank u..

Hi all,
My gynae gave me prog pills during early preg to stabilize the preg..however I hv no past history of mc and this is my first preg. Did anyone encounter this too?how long did u take the duphaston n does it really help? I thought a viable preg will be viable reg of what you do in first trimester..if otherwise then also can't be helped..why must we put chemicals into our body! Thank u..

I took from week 5 till 12 weeks. Week 13-14, I was taking utrogestan. Duphaston is a kind of "an tai yao" i guess. So far no bleeding and no problem with the baby. Only occasional tummy pain which may be the uterus expanding. I just follow gynae's instruction, never ask much. If you are in doubt, maybe you can voice out your concerns to your gynae.

I took from week 5 till 12 weeks. Week 13-14, I was taking utrogestan. Duphaston is a kind of "an tai yao" i guess. So far no bleeding and no problem with the baby. Only occasional tummy pain which may be the uterus expanding. I just follow gynae's instruction, never ask much. If you are in doubt, maybe you can voice out your concerns to your gynae.
Thanks icyjol:))

i had a bleeding episode when i found out i was 6 weeks pregnant, doc gave me duphaston and i continued to bleed on and off till 9 weeks. Just had my ultrasound and baby is growing well and gynae says i no longer need the medication. what a scare too. but all is well

I took duphaston till week 12-13 as I have spotting two times during my 1st tri. Though the spotting is not due to infection nor affecting the baby, my gynea would rather 'play safe' and stabilize my pregnancy by prescribing duphaston. Progesterone is most effective in the 1st tri of the pregnancy and less effective towards last trimester. however some women do take this till last trimester.

coz mine is IUI..
i been taking it since i did my IUI, so is about almost 4 weeks now...
today im week 5 pregnant...

I didn't experience any spotting but doc wanted to make sure that my pregnancy is stable so he gave duphaston from week 6 till now, wk12 5days. I was told that I can stop duphaston by the end of 1st tri.

Duphaston is kinda pricey. My ex gynae sells it at $2 a tablet. After comparing notes with other ladies, I found out other clinics sell it at $1.20 or $1.50 a tablet. My ex gynae was very keen to push it to me every time I went for check up. I wonder if it's really necessary or just to up his profit margin. That's why now he's my ex gynae.

If I'm not wrong, my gynae charges me $39 for 1box of 30 tablets.. Works up to $1.30 per tablet.. As long as it helps stabilizes baby, I think it's worth it.. Especially for me who's over 35 with infertility issues..

For 30 tablets, I would have to pay $60 at my ex gynae's clinic. That's a lot of difference from $39 that you pay. He said I have low lying placenta and wanted me to take duphaston possibly all the way until delivery if the placenta remains low. At 16 weeks, I still have 24 weeks until full term. Imagine 24 weeks of 2-3 duphaston per day, that would make some neat profit. And I'm only just one of his many patients. Anyway to each his own. I'm not willing to pay an unfair price, especially when I don't even know I really need to take duphaston for my condition. Btw, I'm older than you. But that doesn't mean I have to take the doctor's instructions blindly without questioning.

Hello mummies,

I am taking duphaston too... Am at week 8.

WHenever i take duphaston, i get nausea and headache. Did any of you experience the same?

THanks!

Hi there,

Nope, I had no issues. But my gf had same symptoms as you. I think it depends on individual. Maybe you shld let ur gynae know abt this.

I have endometriosis and adenomyosis. Also I did ivf with a cyst in my ovary and several fibroids.

So I was initially on crinone twice daily for 3 weeks and last week onwards overlapped with 4 duphaston daily plus progynova too.
Hi hi....

I have d same medical condition as u (endo,adeno,ivf with 2cm cyst my right ovary) ...but I m only given duphaston n progesterone insert...

Can I check with u the other two mention medi will help with d pregnancy?

Hi hi....

I have d same medical condition as u (endo,adeno,ivf with 2cm cyst my right ovary) ...but I m only given duphaston n progesterone insert...

Can I check with u the other two mention medi will help with d pregnancy?

Ooh you have the same condition too! and my cyst is 3.5 cm and in the right ovary too. What are the odds!

Crinone is progesterone insert also but I've stopped crinone now. I'm just taking progynova and 2 duphaston twice daily.

Progynova I think is more for the endometriosis.

Ooh you have the same condition too! and my cyst is 3.5 cm and in the right ovary too. What are the odds!

Crinone is progesterone insert also but I've stopped crinone now. I'm just taking progynova and 2 duphaston twice daily.

Progynova I think is more for the endometriosis.

Our condition are really almost similar. ..mayb I know how many ww are u now?

I m almost 4ww n hv been having spotting on n off since Fri :(...doc max out my progesterone n just tell me to monitor...feeling pretty helpless. ..been bed rest but it dun really seems to help w the spotting....

Our condition are really almost similar. ..mayb I know how many ww are u now?

I m almost 4ww n hv been having spotting on n off since Fri :(...doc max out my progesterone n just tell me to monitor...feeling pretty helpless. ..been bed rest but it dun really seems to help w the spotting....

Today I'm entering my 7th week.

On off spotting should be ok as long as not heavy. The progesterone should help. Don't worry, I've a friend who spotted also and have given birth to a healthy baby! Be positive ok! Have plenty of rest and try to relax. *hugs*

I'm taking duphaston which given by the kkh clinic, I remember its $2+ for 2 week supply. Didn't expect such a high price for this.

Duphaston i took for 1 week alrdy.. im seriously gonna stop:confused:makes me think of puking & nausea whole day.. at dinnertime worse! It makes my tongue feels funny. Im seriously gonna stop it.. im naturally conceive & i only honestly told doc i had only 1 episode of 2-3 drops of spotting, no cramps or pain..
Why im prescribe that.. also thk of chg gynae man. Any how prescribe for no serious symptom..

Back