OSCARS test result 1:483, do we need Harmony test?

spilksch

Hi there,

Our OSCARS test result came up with a background risk of 1:700 and adjusted risk of 1:483 (wife used to be a smoker, but completely stopped once pregnancy was confirmed). "Passing mark" is 1:300, so can I say baby has passed the test in this respect?

However, doc says NT size of 2.6mm is 0.1mm short of the "normal" range of 2.5mm. Regarding this, I've read on other sites that different clinics/doctors use a different "normal" limit, some say 2.5mm, some say 3.0mm, Europeans usually limit this at 3.5mm.

Due to this difference of 0.1mm, doc is asking us to go for the Harmony test.

One thing I've noticed is that baby's CRL falls within 5th to 95th percentile, and baby's NT lies between 5th to 95th percentile as well! Isn't that considered normal? And shouldn't the NT size, measured with human hands (the sonographer holds ultrasound scanner with one hand while manipulating the trackball and clicks with the other hand) that falls 0.1mm out of range be acceptable?

I know you shouldn't take chances but this Harmony test is really expensive.

I have about the same oscar results too for down syndrome and we opt for the harmony test. Costed $1200. Results came back as low risk. Anyways I did the test just to prepare ourselves for a baby with Ds not because we intend to abort the baby if he or she has Ds.

Btw I'm 20 weeks pregnant this Friday.

I did harmony test instead of oscar as my doc advise us that harmony are more accurate than oscar. But is up to individual, my sis in law did ocar and result said there're signs of down syndrome, she was so worried she did few more test (if not wrong) and even send it to the States to test it, end up the result is the baby is fine.

Back