OSCAR test at KKH

faithe

I'm doing my oscar test at kkh taking the combined pkg of bloodtest & scan. My bloodtest was done at week 10 while my scan will be done at week 12 which is nxt week.

Like to seek advice from mummies who hv done the test in kkh, usually how fast will we know the result? My scan is scheduled on 12/6 n my gynae apptm is in the afternoon. Possible to know the result by then? Or i have to wait for nxt gynae apptm (which i guess 3-4wk later)...?

Usually if nothing wrong with your test, you will know it on your next appt unless u are anxious and want to know asap, u can email or call your gynae in 2 day's time. Mine is SGH so i guess KKH more or less same with SGH bah.

Hi gal, is OSCAR test same as Down syndrome test? I'm going to have blood test on 23/Aug (week 10) for down syndrome at KKH. Ultra scan by week 12.
faithe, can share with me how much and how's your result? I found charges $321 quite high. Not sure how other hospital charge?

Hi gal, is OSCAR test same as Down syndrome test? I'm going to have blood test on 23/Aug (week 10) for down syndrome at KKH. Ultra scan by week 12.
faithe, can share with me how much and how's your result? I found charges $321 quite high. Not sure how other hospital charge?
Hi orange, I went to nuh. It cost me around $200 plus.... Not so sure about the actual amount... Hope it helps....

Panic Mummy, I just went there last week for down syndrome test. It cost S$341+ now, last time is $321. Has slightly increased now. They will do a counselling first, explained what is ds and how's the result will show. It's basically base on blood test + ultrascan+age = result. My ultrascan will do on next week (week 12), nurse said by that time dr will tell us the result.

Back