My Preschooler hates his older cousin

Dilemalot

My 4yo son would rather stay at my in laws or my uncle's place and he refuses to come home. When we ask him why, he said that he does not like his 8yo cousin and that he is naughty.

A little back story: My husband and I have our own place but we rent it out to stay with my father who lives alone. My brother has been living overseas for many years but recently returned with his 2 step children while their mother is still living overseas with their youngest.

My 8yo nephew is a handful, very very playful and can be mean unintentionally. I say unintentionally because I think he has ADHD and dyslexia. He has not been diagnosed and is not seeking help for this despite my many talks with my brother. Seeking guidance/help/treatment in SG for international student is too expensive.

My son would complain about his cousin. Saying his cousin is naughty and that his cousin does not want to share toys or that his cousin will take his toys but don't want to return.

Recently, there was one complain that got me really concerned. He told his grandmother this while showering. "Grandma don't rub my chest too hard. It is painful." When asked why, he said that his cousin pinched his nipple and said that his moobs were big. My son is not on the chubbier side. He then went on to ask his grandmother if his moobs are big. I don't want my 4yo boy to be body conscious and doubt himself. Lately, he avoids playing with his cousin and he cries whenever he is suppose to come home from my in law's or uncle's place. Home is suppose to be a place where he feels the safest but lately, it has not been for him.

I tried talking to my nephew about that particular but he keep rejecting that it ever happen. He has a tendency of lying and I don't know if I should believe him. He has lied through his teeth many times before. Everyone in the house has tried talking to him about his behaviour. He has been punished many times. All sorts of punishment and talks but nothing works. I also tried separating them but being kids, they still find their way back together until they fight again. I talked to my son and he still says he don't like his cousin.

At this point, I don't know what to do.. they will be here till June 2021. Should I buckle down and continue staying at my dad's or move out until they return back to their country. Any advice?

Back