Mummies in Pasir Ris

Hi lbs,

Thanks. All went to cc and I can enjoy my cup of milo. kekeke.

Swimming,
If you can, you can teach him to blow bubbles, control breathing, kicking first. Let your child enjoy and have fun so he does not have any phobia to water. It's a different thing whereby you enrol him to swimming classes. He/She have to obey and carry out the instructions together with his swim mates. We allow him to enjoy at the play pool before and after his swimming lessons. That's why he can nuah for as long as 3hours there! hahaha. Getting a good coach with patience and knows how to motivate a child is equally important.

Zion,
Exchange with? PM for contact. if possible will get from you over the weekends. I need 2 more nepia points too : )

Thanks sincerity.

Good to know that your son is recovering. Always quite stressful when your child is unwell. They need more attn. Btw, it's great that you sending your son for swimming lessons at this age, he'll learn it for life. I remember that altho i didnt go for swimming lessons myself but my dad taught me how to swim when i was very young and from there i loved to swim. but i stopped swimming when reached adulthood cos put on weight over the yrs & paisay to appear in a swim suit, haha. Some more hvnt shed the baby fats after delivery + all the stretch marks on my thighs, lagi more paisay.

juxta
hehe think i got the blk number wrong hehe its the 637 if sick then hv to stay at home think every childcare is the same in that aspect plus they will hv 2 days close which is not the public holidays for teacher training etc.....

sincerity
hope ur little one is better take care ya....

hi gals, u noe where is there reasonably priced swimming lessons for kids? My boy 4 n gal 3 should be attending these lessons liao lor. They are absolutely driving me up the wall staying at home powerpacked with energy all the time. But cos their mummy dun like the sun, they hardly get to go outdoors for activities then their daddy working overseas so no chance also. hehehe...

Charmaine: i also very very fat now... cannot make it kind. Have to lose another 6kg then back to normal. Haiz...

halo.....heard about this thread & darlie toothpast had provided me with the link...thanks !!

Hi...i am new to the thread too.....im staying at dr..3.. Anyone???

I had a boy who is coming to 2 yrs 10 mths soon..... thou naughty & headache when dealing with him..but he can be very cute & lovable at times..haha.....

hello all! haven't been posting here for a while, my twins took turns coming down with flu. now recovering. :) now taking a break after sending them to my parents' place so i can at least put my feet up for a while.
biggrin.gif

hi mashimaru08, welcome welcome!

Hi Charmaine & Sheris,

My elder twin's recovered well and back to her singing mode now. Imagine she was quiet cos of throat infection. hahaha. Now, she sings to her heart content ie. in the car, in the bathroom and before she sleeps.

Hi all mummies,

Beautiful people comes in various sizes and heights. Should be proud for what you're blessed with. FLAUNT it, leh. just let those ppl vomit after that. kekeke.

Hi Mag,

There's another Magdeline in Pasir Ris. I've bought desitin cream from her long long time ago. Wonder, were you the same person...

Zion,

Thanks for the nepia seals & NTUC point. At least, I get to exchange another set of cutlery. Still in storage. Must wait for CNY then i can open up and use them. Come to think of it, we'd end up using disposable ware if served buffet style. Collectibles, again. kekeke.

i think the weather is bad..cos my son too..barely just rcovered from flu & cough...but soon after running very very high fever for almost a week....been juggling between 39 degrees...40 degrees...

luckily he is much ok now ......

hey PR mommies, any of your kiddies need files for school? i just unearthed a big pile of plastic files (spring, slide, 2-ring) from my uni school days (ahem, me not that young so go do your math) BUT in very good condition. most are BN in fact, just need to wipe clean.

am offering to PR mommies first since they are quite bulky as a bundle. if no takers, then i open to the forum mommies in the WTG section. me on a furious decluttering spree to make room for my babies' barang.

the house used to look so empty with just hb and me. now with 2 babies and 1 maid, the place is so cluttered that i can't stand it sometimes! *faintz*

okie, back to the files, pls PM me for the pics if interested yah.
kao_biggrin.gif

sincerity,
np... me so pai sey... ask for 2 but u gave me 4... reach mil hse liao then know... thnx for the addy oso... but hb accidentally delete away...
sad.gif
can sms me again? sorry for the inconvenience... u havent potty train ur twins yet? when r u going to train? juz asking cos my bil gf who is staying with my mil say can potty train my boy liao... but i m thinking if its still early... he juz turn 1yo nia...

Hihi! Re the Grant-A-Wish programme, the coordinator said he'll be arranging to come to PR this weekend. Any other mommies donating, pls let me know yah? We can consolidate the gifts. Thanks!

aiyah, so angry, my WTE thread is lost! i spent so much time uploading the pics and typing the descriptions yesterday and it's now gone....
angry.gif
feel like banging my head on the wall, heh heh heh

hi pinkie
Welcome..wah you must be excited...congrats!!
happy.gif

Hi darlie
aiyo...no bang-bang your head..later the 'wall' pain..hahaaa..*just kidding*

btw, I look through the link you postef on the Grant-A-Wish programme..but hor seems like many of the wish list items are fulfilled (those I have)? Those items left, I dont have wor..

yah, later the wall pain, then i have to bear responsibility and pay for damages somemore, better not...
rofl.gif

quite surprised that the wish list is fulfilled so fast. but think can also donate other items that you feel are appropriate for kiddies. the coordinators can perhaps distribute to other needy children outside the list. i'm giving extra items so i just ask the coordinator to decide whom to distribute to lor.

they also accept cash but some ppl aren't comfortable with this type of donation so perhaps stationery, books, school-related stuff would be more appropriate? i haven't donated to children's charities before (i always donate to animal shelters only, heh heh) so not very sure what they actually need besides those listed.

no obligations to donate lah PR mummies, just want to see if anyone wants to tompang only. if any just sms me at 94763176, i'll try to collect from you over these few nights on my way home if possible.

hihihi!
thanks for the warm welcome!

yeah, me 1st time mom so very excited...
juz finished packing my hospital bag and doing my baby's laundry...

btw, i'm looking for a nanny/babysitter - anyone has someone to recommend?

hi magd,

at least u hv 6kg to lose. i hv more than that to lose & in fact i m putting on more weight cos so lack of sleep and try to catch up on some sleep when bb sleeps so didnt do much housework, thats y the weight is piling on some more. *faint!*

hi sincerity,

good to know that your kid is well. so looks like u hv a singer in the making ah? future s'pore idol? haha!

hi p1nk1e,
welcome & congrats on being a mum soon. i'm afraid i dun know of any nanny. will let u know if i happen to know or hear of one.

huh, magd, u sure you need to lose 6kg? u look perfectly ok to me! i'm the one who needs to lose the flab from the tummy. after all the stretching, my tummy now looks like a deflated balloon.
kao_blush.gif
so embarassing, everytime i take the mrt, kind hearted passengers try to give up their seats to me.... ar har har!

Hi all,

I am a Pasir ris mommy. This is a new thread. I think there was one previously, but I always can't find it. Hee...

Hi sincerity, nice to see you here

hi darlie toothpaste
U so funny! hahaa

Hi Mom2nat
Yea, guess the old thread was inactive for some time le...Welcome!
happy.gif

tks, charmaine...
if not need to resort to agencies, anyone has any good/bad experience with babysitter/nanny agencies?

hey mom2nat - i think i know you!
how's everything?
know your bb's sex liao? :p

hi mom2nat, welcome!

yoohoo! my boy's first tooth finally sprouted, at least now he's not so mang chang. :-> mei mei already has 2 bottom ones and she looks absolutely adorable when she smiles.
kao_smile.gif

hi all...
my boy finally got teeth... hee... not the sides tho... last weekend saw got 1 top and 1 bottom both left side... only got 2 small stumps... few days ago on the PH saw another 1 came out!!! top right... and the 2 top sides coming out soon... surprisingly the first 2 looks like came out another 1mm!!! OMG... so fast wor... only abt half a week nia... hee... but glad to know he finally got teeth after his first bday...

hi all mummies,

Merry X'mas! Congrats all new mummies! Must be really excited.

Is a pity I haven't done much shopping as my boy is down with a flu. Didnt get to see all those pretty decor and lights.

Sheris, can u see fireworks from your place?

merry x'mas to all too!!! we wun be celebrating this yr since they still so young (save to buy better and bigger presents next year!)

juxta, must take good care of yourself too, dun fall sick also hor! i passed my flu to my boy, then he passed to his sister, and the little cutie passed to my mum!!! aiyoh, can faint with 2 sick babies and 2 adults at home.
uhoh.gif
now all recovered already except my mum.... so heartache, she sick still have to look after those 2 rascals.

darlie
You have twins ah?

p1nk1e
Hmmm.... I dun rem your nick leh.
Well, my #1 is a girl, 3.5 yrs old. #2 on the way, due 12 Jan, boy.

lbs
hi there you from Jan or Feb 08 thread right?

hi mom2nat, yep! i have b/g twins, 7.5mo now. getting into mischief most times and lately going thru a speration anxiety phase. can't leave their sight or they'll start wailing....
biggrin.gif

Hi all,

Recovered from viral fever and back on track now.

Zion,

Have email the nepia address to you. I have introduced them to use potty and they use it when they are back from cc and before they sleep. I have to keep going to the toilet to empty the buckets and wash their p parts.

Mom2nat,

Welcome,
kao_welcome.gif
good to hear from you after some time. How's everything with you? So now, you're clicking 'BUY' on baby boy stuff besides for Nat? Giggles.

thks darlie! Is indeed a vicious cycle, he goes out or school catch something and come back pass it to us. For the past 2 months, we've been getting one flu after another

PD says to avoid crowded places so we've been grounded for almost 2 weeks! Now is daddy's turn to be sick.

Haha, my boy is 3yrs old, so knows the excitment of getting presents liao! And his birthday is ard this time of the year, so all the more he's excited!

Darlie, both of them will cry when they dun see anyone? My boy will only do this to his dad, until this very day.

hi all..hope you had a great christmas.....

Just wondering if anyone had recommendations on free lance home cleaning....??

Quite urgently in need.....

Thanks

hi juxta, my twins do it to me only! hiyah, esp when i'm home. i went to work today and my mum said both were behaving very well, no crying. when i returned, my boy started whining lor.... good to feel appreciated but tiring to keep entertaining him! har har har!!!
lol.gif

hi elitemom, welcome!
kao_welcome.gif

haha thats what happens to us too. Once my hb steps thru the door, all hell breaks loose!!!! He's ok with me, with my parents, everyone, only the dad! Cry and throw temper for slightest things, every night and weekend is a nightmare and we cannot understand. Is getting better but still happening. hahah

juxta me always no chance to stay at home to see fireworks

temper throwing.... mine all know hw to see situation... me gd mood can throw temper me stern look all become angels..... but they all bully the gramps....

Hey Ladies,
Anyone lets your BB sleep in sarong?
I'm quite pro-sarong but just wondering if I should put BB in sarong all the time or sarong daytime, cot night time like most moms?

Happy New Year to all PR mummies!! May the new year bring more good news and surprises! Good health to all the little ones!

Happy new year to all mummies! Wishing all of u good health and happiness always.

Welcome elitemom. me duno of any good gynae in the east. my gynae is in t.payoh. if u dun mind i can recommend u.

p1nk1e, i'm not pro sarong cos last time had to sit down for 1hr jus to shake the sarong cos everytime stop bb will wake up & cry. so fed up then completely stopped the sarong and put her in her cot whether she likes it or not. to me, have to somehow train her to sleep in her cot cos 1day bb wil outgrow sarong and sleep in bed anyway. perhaps u can try sarong in the day and cot in the nite?

hi pinkie, my babies nap in sarongs / netted rocker during the day. at night if they fall asleep in their cots then good lah, else we rock to sleep in sarongs first then trf to cots where they're remain throughout the night.

i also used to have the notion of not letting sleep in sarongs too but cannot tahan after a while since they'd want you to carry and rock to sleep, lagi worse! arms get so tired!

hi ladies,

i live in PR too (dr.4).
my ger is almost 13 mths now.

happy 2008 to all!

Zion,
hihi...how are you?

happy new to all mummies n family hv a great and healthy year ahead.....

pinkie
all my kids sleep in sarong day time but nite time they all refused lor wan bed coz can spread wide wide n zzzzzzz all know how to enjoy life..... then at nite if they very cranky then will put in sarong to make them zzz liao then transfer to bed.....

:) yah, think most times we try to make them sleep in cots but fail since sarongs are so handy and convenient, har har!

JTS, my cousin is very strict, makes her daughter sleep at certain hours and shuts her in a darkened room where she'll cry and cry until she falls asleep in the cot. her schedule is very regimented, must sleep and eat at cerain times; the little one quite pitiful. so i guess it's up to the individual mommy lah.

i'm anti-sarong, my mil although 70+ tell me not to let the kid get used to it then will have prob falling asleep elsewhere w/o sarong.

I'm the army style mother. haha, day 1 trained him to sleep in cot and lights out at 9pm. i'll normally lie down next to his cot and sing and pat him. When he got older, we explained to him and then walk outta room, afterawhile he just got used to it. Now we enjoying the results, can relax once he gets into bed.

My mil always like to rock him when he's younger as we at her place daytime. wah arms can break. Strangely, he sleeps in cot at night but will want to rock in arms in daytime, so is all about habits.

Maybe i see how my niece still needs to be rocked at 3+ and dun seems to have good sleep, i very phobic. Cos once she wakes up and realises she's not in someone's arms, she starts wailing. Is impt they know how to soothe themselves back to bed when they wake up in the middle of the night. Otherwise very "siong" for parents, all no need to sleep.

Happy New Year, Ladies!
happy.gif

Re: sarong
Reason why I'm pro-sarong is 'cos I'm afraid the head will go out of shape/flat if sleeping in cot. My intention is not to rock the bb even if he cries...

Darlie,
i am very strict with my ger.
eat and slp all have timing.
not sure if it's good or bad.....

Juxta,
i am still teaching my ger to soothe herself to slp.

all of you are FTWM?
any chance of having a get together during weekdays?

i bbsit at home very bored.
i am working too but i do not work 5 days a week.

Back